Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Spaniards and Portuguese

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

Spaniards and Portuguese - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Spaniards and Portuguese - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Is Lyssa's cherry basket.

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Spaniards and Portuguese - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 11:46 am

phono wrote:
The sequence of events:
anfang: *posts basic stuff*
pho: spare the basic stuff, I have a degree on that
lyssa: prove it
pho:... lol, no?

You wish.

phono: *posts easily refutable, wishful thinking kind of quack*
Anfang: *posts basic principles of breeding which immediately refutes phono's wishful thinking*
phono: I have a degree in this shit - so don't post such basic stuff, this is insulting.
Anfang: Rolling Eyes

But I am not surprised.
In the same thread, Steve Jones, Professor Steve Jones, head of the department of genetics, evolution and environment, UC London, is mentioned. Professor 'human evolution has stopped because young men are fertilizing older women' Steve Jones. Which is in his book probably a good thing - it must be, how else would he come up with such an idea if not because of wishful thinking.

The head of the department… and he is not the only one of his/her kind.
In my experience, if you have a degree then you are more likely to be a windbag than otherwise. It just comes with the environment in those departments - 'Wie der Herr so das Haus' - If the lord is a windbag, then so are the servants. (at least on average).

I would have been surprised if you'd not have a degree, Windy.
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Spaniards and Portuguese - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Anfang wrote:
phono wrote:
The sequence of events:
anfang: *posts basic stuff*
pho: spare the basic stuff, I have a degree on that
lyssa: prove it
pho:... lol, no?

You wish.

phono: *posts easily refutable, wishful thinking kind of quack*
Anfang: *posts basic principles of breeding which immediately refutes phono's wishful thinking*
phono: I have a degree in this shit - so don't post such basic stuff, this is insulting.
Anfang:  Rolling Eyes

But I am not surprised.
In the same thread, Steve Jones, Professor Steve Jones, head of the department of genetics, evolution and environment, UC London, is mentioned. Professor 'human evolution has stopped because young men are fertilizing older women' Steve Jones. Which is in his book probably a good thing - it must be, how else would he come up with such an idea if not because of wishful thinking.

The head of the department… and he is not the only one of his/her kind.
In my experience, if you have a degree then you are more likely to be a windbag than otherwise. It just comes with the environment in those departments - 'Wie der Herr so das Haus' - If the lord is a windbag, then so are the servants. (at least on average).

I would have been surprised if you'd not have a degree, Windy.

Yea, to a greater degree in biological sciences than in physical sciences.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Spaniards and Portuguese - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 4:06 pm

Conveniently, I don't have access to the thread to prove you otherwise, but as far as I remember you were lacking on some high school level mendelian genetics concepts. I also remember saying I will not go deep into genetic in a thread about thermodynamics.
I do remember posting a few links presenting some criticism of dr. jones proposal as well, all of which seemed level.

Anyway, you can ask a kind admin to make the threads public and we can resume.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Spaniards and Portuguese - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 4:47 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Conveniently, I don't have access to the thread to prove you otherwise, but as far as I remember you were lacking on some high school level mendelian genetics concepts. I also remember saying I will not go deep into genetic in a thread about thermodynamics.
I do remember posting a few links presenting some criticism of dr. jones proposal as well, all of which seemed level.

Anyway, you can ask a kind admin to make the threads public and we can resume.

That thread is already accessible in the Agora.
But I've got no time to resume this with you, I have to bring some order into my sock-drawer and that takes priority. It's the damn-dest thing. I put effort into it and order my sock and after a few weeks it's all chaos again. Once, just once it would be great if it were the other way around - must be bad luck.

Edit: You know, it's not true - I could always take the time, I just won't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Spaniards and Portuguese - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 5:12 pm

And you do realize that whether or not your socks stay where you put them has nothing to do with thermodynamics, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spaniards and Portuguese Spaniards and Portuguese - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spaniards and Portuguese
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: