Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess
 
HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Digital Narratives

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
apaosha
Daeva
avatar

Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1513
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 30
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:40 pm

d63tark wrote:
apaosha wrote:
d63tark wrote:
apaosha wrote:
Come on d63. You've got your archnemesis and 3 salivating members of the audience waiting on you. Don't get cold feet.

As soon as you arrive i'll make sure everyone shuts up except for the contestants. You won't be outnumbered. I promise.

Why, eyes, would I be afraid of Satyr's disciples if I'm not afraid of Satyr?

Perhaps you want only one cock in that tight anus?

Come to the chatbox. I, Satyr, Purple Dragon and, yes.... eyesinthedark are waiting for you.

Now see? I keep getting accused of being gay....


But it sounds like you want to fuck me, eyes.

What is up with you queers?

My daddy raped me.

Sad

Come help me expunge my self hatred on a willing victim. It'll fit the narrative.

_________________
"I do not exhort you to work but to battle; I do not exhort you to peace but to victory. May your work be a battle; may your peace be a victory." -TSZ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://knowthyself.forumotion.net
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14008
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Coward!
Go back to your kind, woman.

Tell them a story...tell them you won...that you embarrassed the Satyr.
You're like most women...once you fuck them they become a bore.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Quote :
Is not big government a form of dominating nature, and tampering with food and water, and morality, and cell phones and microwaves?

Really? You think it’s government that is the main power we should worry about rather the their corporate puppet masters? You really think reducing government is the solution to the emerging oligarchy/aristocracy we face?

And who told you that you should worry about it? Fox News? And is it Fox News that also told you that you are an independent thinker?

Does being allied with Satyr make you think you’re an independent thinker somehow distinguished from the rest of the crowd? I’m actually glad you joined the party, Eyes. They won’t let me sufficiently beat down the tea-baggers on ILP –and, as far I’m concerned, for good reason. So bring it on bitch of my bitch.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14008
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Run back to your herd, woman.

I think we're done with you.

You won...tell them so.
Fuck off, stupid coward.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Satyr wrote:
Coward!
Go back to your kind, woman.

Tell them a story...tell them you won...that you embarrassed the Satyr.
You're like most women...once you fuck them they become a bore.

Actually, Satyr, you're becoming a bore because you're more caught up in beating me down than you are making the kind of points I know you are perfectly capable of.

Where this should be a discourse from which I think we both can benefit from, it's turned into to slam-down similar to what was described in the movie "8 Mile".

And it's all very fun. But I truly hope we do get the chance to engage in a discourse in which we're just trying to get a little understanding together.

I know this will sound like a joke to you: but I believe that our main problem lies in our agendas. I think you desparately want to own the truth while I want understanding and to strut onto the stage and make it seem like the truth. You want to be a guru; I still want to be a rock star. You want to be right; I just want to be beautiful. You want to die and have people say "yeah, he was right!"; I want to die have people say "wow!".

Now I'm ready to go on forever with this if you want. I stand nothing to lose and everything to gain since you are a stone against which I can sharpen my knife.

But let's be very clear on this: while winning this debate with was never a goal (that is since I cannot see it being acheived): I never thought I had to win in order to win.

That said, I never read where you first published that essay and I'm sure the answer is buried in the thread.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14008
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Woman...what you have a "problem" with is my mind.....my intellectual penis.
It lowers you and makes you feel like the woman you claim to not have a problem with being, but that you are ashamed of being.

Am I a "homophobe" woman, or are you?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:09 pm

Satyr wrote:
Run back to your herd, woman.

I think we're done with you.

You won...tell them so.
Fuck off, stupid coward.

Oh, but I am so not done with you, Satyr!


In fact, you and me are going to the prom together,


and we are going to dance.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14008
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:13 pm

I think you already won...no?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Satyr wrote:
Woman...what you have a "problem" with is my mind.....my intellectual penis.
It lowers you and makes you feel like the woman you claim to not have a problem with being, but that you are ashamed of being.

Am I a "homophobe" woman, or are you?

For Christ's sake! Satyr. If you had an ounce of intellectual integrity, you would look at this and cringe.

And if you couldn't, what would be the point?


Last edited by d63tark on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14008
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:17 pm

I would...if it were not so damn funny.

I want you to think of me in that American way of yours.


Why do I think in this way...whatever this way is (because you have no clue)?
Well, because I am afraid?

Why do you disagree, without knowing what or why?
Because you are one of the many, the majority...the brave the courageous.

You win, girl...nothing else needs to be said.

Ta, Ta,

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Satyr wrote:
I would...if it were not so damn funny.

I want you to think of me in that American way of yours.


Why do I think in this way...whatever this way is (because you have no clue)?
Well, because I am afraid?

Why do you disagree, without knowing what or why?
Because you are one of the many, the majority...the brave the courageous.

You win, girl...nothing else needs to be said.

Ta, Ta,

You alright, man?

Don't take it personal. We were just a couple of kids sparring. A language game.... nothing more.

It has nothing to do with our value as people


(we only act like it does because it makes the game a little funner.


Last edited by d63tark on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14008
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:23 pm

But....but....it hurt me...so much.....

Is that you mommy?

Fuck, woman...this is fun.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:31 pm

To D63, I have always went against the crowd by maintaining that there is indeed a coarse line between human artifices and nature. I have had this debate many times before, with statiktech and with others, i can't remember who. are you going to tell me that a spiderweb is no different than a table, a glass or a rocket?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:34 pm

There you are!


Thought you left me.


I guess my worries were "unfounded".

Guess I should have known better.

Anyway, bitch, you're right:

it has been fun.

Hopefully, the next time, there will be a little more substance to both our punches. I think this is something we had to go through before we perfect our game -if you know what I mean.


That said, despite the fact that it would be no truer coming out my mouth than it would yours:


Will kick your ass next time, bitch!

At the end of the match, we shake and part with a glare.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Socialism and fascism both mettle in human affairs and human nature from the outside. They are both artificial systems. This isn't to say capitalism isn't artificial, just less so. Now, you can meddle in human affairs to get them to stop tampering with nature, like the greens try to do, or you could theoretically have government intervene to destroy and change nature, anti green political group, or something. I'm not a capitalist, btw, I'm not sure what I am, I'm more an explorer of ideologies than a particular this or that. For the moment, I'm much more fond of fascism and capitalism than I am with socialism, but this could change, as these are complex issues, difficult to process.


Last edited by eyesinthedark on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:38 pm

are you talking to me? eyes?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:39 pm

because if you are, i am right here, please don't go, let's finish it, or at least exchange a few more blows.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14008
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:39 pm

You win!!!

Congratulation.
Good fight...you made some brilliant well-founded, indisputable, arguments.
You defeated me with your superior reasoning.


Bravo, my whore.
Regroup...get your panties in order and come back with a whip.
Until then, enjoy your victory...tell your friends.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:40 pm

eyesinthedark wrote:
To D63, I have always went against the crowd by maintaining that there is indeed a coarse line between human artifices and nature. I have had this debate many times before, with statiktech and with others, i can't remember who. are you going to tell me that a spiderweb is no different than a table, a glass or a rocket?

A spider created the web.

The tablemaker made a table.


both, from the perspective of the perceiving thing making them, had a kind of utility.


Once again, where in the spectrum between the 2 do you make the distinction between natural and un-natural?

Sorry to have troubled you like that.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:44 pm

one was made with intellect, the other was not, one has a biological history, took millions of years to evolve, one came about comparatively overnight, and therefore, was unprecedented in it's environment.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Anyway....

Satyr


Eyes,





Love ya man!

gotta go.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:48 pm

As for liberal socialism, it advocates the protection of retards, and allows them to procreate, by giving defectives, people with emotive and mental, and physical impairments, who contribute nothing to society, food, clothing, and shelter, and allows them to reproduce, if they are able, lowering the genetic quality of our race.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14008
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Oh little girl...no trouble at all.

I've posted this about a million times...but a little princess, like you, must have been busy with her hair and nails to bother reading.

I relate this back to Baudrillard and his Simulacrum of a Simulation.

Turd, the notion of artificial from natural is a human conception meant to differentiate reality so as to make it more comprehensible. Like when a stupid whore, like you, uses the term cat or dog...both are meant to distinguish a part of reality from another, so as to make both comprehensible. But, of course, a whore like you, has trouble doing so when it comes to human types, such as Negro or female because these differentiations are prohibited and so you settle for remaining blind or pretending you are blind to them.

But I digress, my whore.
In this case, bitch, the term artificial is meant to differentiate between phenomena which affect the observer which are of the observer's own doing as opposed to phenomena that affect the observer which are independent from the observer's activities.
In other words, you stupid bitch, it is meant to differentiate between phenomena which are willful as opposed to those which are not.

Thusly, my biatch, the point at which an organism's activities begin to affect it (a looping affect), by producing environmental conditions, more than the environmental conditions that preceded its emergence or its activities, is the point where it might be said that it is entering into artificial reality.

Like you, whore, living in a social structure which excludes culling and most diseases, are living in an environment which is affecting your future more than the processes which preceded your, or your kind's, interventions.
This might sound like a positive, to a coward and weakling, like you, but it has collateral effects, as in pollution.

The world you live in today, you modern fag, is a world man created with his interventions.
With every gain there is a loss, and with every loss a gain.
But turds, like you, prefer focusing or the positives; the self-flattering and self-interested, while ignoring or dismissing the negative, or what they wish to ignore.
Giving an individual suffering from down syndrome is for you a 'positive" because your perceptions are limited to the immediate, even if this "right" produces the propagation of the very genes that bring this syndrome about and which force the future generations to deal with it.
In other words, you stupid whore, you intervene and with this intervention you ensure that intervention must increase exponentially, until it can no longer deal with the repercussions of human intervention. The entire structure implodes...in time.
You save the weak from the inevitable but in the process you condemn all of mankind to weakness and mediocrity.

You save the lame lamb form the wolves but in the process you condemn future generations and the entire herd to lameness.
Why?
In the hope that one of these lame ones will come up with a solution.


_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:24 am


Satyr found d63's weak spot.


Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Can't believe I'm stuck with such a group of intellectual goons till the 5th.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:18 pm

satyr wrote:
In this case, bitch, the term artificial is meant to differentiate between phenomena which affect the observer which are of the observer's own doing as opposed to phenomena that affect the observer which are independent from the observer's activities.
In other words, you stupid bitch, it is meant to differentiate between phenomena which are willful as opposed to those which are not.

Which pretty much makes anything you or anybody else is doing here “artificial”.

Quote :
Thusly, my biatch, the point at which an organism's activities begin to affect it (a looping affect), by producing environmental conditions, more than the environmental conditions that preceded its emergence or its activities, is the point where it might be said that it is entering into artificial reality.

In fact, it would seem pretty much everything humans have done throughout their evolution, including the creation of Capitalism, artificial. So what is even the point in making the distinction? Seems kind of silly to me.

Quote :
The world you live in today, you modern fag, is a world man created with his interventions.
With every gain there is a loss, and with every loss a gain.
But turds, like you, prefer focusing or the positives; the self-flattering and self-interested, while ignoring or dismissing the negative, or what they wish to ignore.
Giving an individual suffering from down syndrome is for you a 'positive" because your perceptions are limited to the immediate, even if this "right" produces the propagation of the very genes that bring this syndrome about and which force the future generations to deal with it.
In other words, you stupid whore, you intervene and with this intervention you ensure that intervention must increase exponentially, until it can no longer deal with the repercussions of human intervention. The entire structure implodes...in time.
You save the weak from the inevitable but in the process you condemn all of mankind to weakness and mediocrity.

You save the lame lamb form the wolves but in the process you condemn future generations and the entire herd to lameness.
Why?
In the hope that one of these lame ones will come up with a solution.

So what do you propose we do, regress? Go back to living in caves?

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:21 pm

eyesinthedark wrote:
As for liberal socialism, it advocates the protection of retards, and allows them to procreate, by giving defectives, people with emotive and mental, and physical impairments, who contribute nothing to society, food, clothing, and shelter, and allows them to reproduce, if they are able, lowering the genetic quality of our race.

My god! I'm dealing with the intellectual equivilent of brownshirt fascist thugs.

I clearly need to find something else to do with myself.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:11 pm

d63tark wrote:
So what do you propose we do, regress? Go back to living in caves?

In my opinion nature has not gone away. The foundations laid by modernism still underpin the postmodern world, where supposedly all direction has been lost. Like the subconscious still directs the conscious, as all our choices originate in this dark and nebulous region, the simulacrum has turned itself towards the destruction of all non-Western, non-scientific cultures... and their biological origins.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:35 pm

Vanitas wrote:
d63tark wrote:
So what do you propose we do, regress? Go back to living in caves?

In my opinion nature has not gone away. The foundations laid by modernism still underpin the postmodern world, where supposedly all direction has been lost. Like the subconscious still directs the conscious, as all our choices originate in this dark and nebulous region, the simulacrum has turned itself towards the destruction of all non-Western, non-scientific cultures... and their biological origins.

Yes, it seems a little strange that Satyr would refer to evolutionary psychology like he does and act like all this is some kind of disconnect from "our authentic selves".
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:43 pm

eyesinthedark wrote:
one was made with intellect, the other was not, one has a biological history, took millions of years to evolve, one came about comparatively overnight, and therefore, was unprecedented in it's environment.

Well then why even be here, Eyes? I mean the same could be said for philosophy and all products of the intellect.

My point is that it's a mixed package that we're pretty much stuck with, and the only way out is through.

And one problem with your reasoning: since the spider developed the web well before humans developed tables, how many years did it actually take to develop the table? You're math is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Vanitas wrote:
d63tark wrote:
So what do you propose we do, regress? Go back to living in caves?

In my opinion nature has not gone away. The foundations laid by modernism still underpin the postmodern world, where supposedly all direction has been lost. Like the subconscious still directs the conscious, as all our choices originate in this dark and nebulous region, the simulacrum has turned itself towards the destruction of all non-Western, non-scientific cultures... and their biological origins.

yeah, all the things you lament, it doesn't give a shit about such as preserving western 'personal' culture for all the modern 'shit' as you would call it that you don't like. it doesn't care about preserving a way of life or a certain culture such as specific architecture, style of clothing, music etc. every invention that has taken on worldwide appeal tends to be more efficient. people didn't take to 'modern' western clothing because it was western but because it was more pragmatic etc. this is why box track housing is so prevalent or hirises. as for the personal flair or flavor of the month, that's just insignificant details. the 'scientific' and 'technological' culture is the future because it is exactly noncultural or it's not dependent on personal culture. technology and science has no bias, it just applies to everyone. it's completely pragmatic in that sense.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Yes, it is clearly the present endgame of evolution, whether Satyr and Eyes like it or not.

This is not to say there aren't flaws in it. But when have there ever not been flaws? If they hadn't of existed, we would have had no real reason to evolve to point we have.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Satyr wrote:
Coward!
Go back to your kind, woman.

Tell them a story...tell them you won...that you embarrassed the Satyr.
You're like most women...once you fuck them they become a bore.

And you're the one that accuses me of being gay?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:47 pm

d63tark wrote:
Yes, it is clearly the present endgame of evolution, whether Satyr and Eyes like it or not.

This is not to say there aren't flaws in it. But when have there ever not been flaws? If they hadn't of existed, we would have had no real reason to evolve to point we have.

true. it is the flaws that make one seek a solution. otherwise, it is just mindless reaction no different than animals who die off that could not adapt or were just killed off accidently. of course, this still applies in life. for instance, not all salmon make it to their spawning grounds but some do. this is not always due to ability or lack thereof but also chance.

if there were no flaws, there would be no research into anything or inventions of any kind. it would just be whatever is left to survive. this is just adaptation. 'correcting' nature is also another form of adaptation, though this is also imperfect and a continous struggle.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Zizek notes a similar contradiction in The Plague of Fantasies. He points out a strange idiosyncrasy in the military of his own home country:

They abhor homosexuality, yet will engage in the practice of poking the soldier ahead of them, say in a lunch line, in the ass with their thumb.

Now I have always believed that homophobics tend to be guys who are so busy trying to convince everyone they're not gay that you're never quite sure they've convinced themselves. And I know I've already pointed this out. But if you look at a movie like American Beauty ,which I admired but had a problem with the scene in which Chris Cooper tried to kiss Kevin Spacy in that it felt a little too heavy handed to me, then look at a movie like Bully in which the antagonist expressed his latent homosexuality with a kind of bravado that defied anyone to question his sexuality, you begin to understand how subtle latent homosexuality is. This was further confirmed by his obsessive handwashing at the place he and his friend worked at.

I mean you have to wonder if the repulsion Satyr and Eyes feel toward "the feminization of man" isn't more of a repulsion with themselves.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:07 pm

cranapple wrote:
d63tark wrote:
Yes, it is clearly the present endgame of evolution, whether Satyr and Eyes like it or not.

This is not to say there aren't flaws in it. But when have there ever not been flaws? If they hadn't of existed, we would have had no real reason to evolve to point we have.

true. it is the flaws that make one seek a solution. otherwise, it is just mindless reaction no different than animals who die off that could not adapt or were just killed off accidently. of course, this still applies in life. for instance, not all salmon make it to their spawning grounds but some do. this is not always due to ability or lack thereof but also chance.

if there were no flaws, there would be no research into anything or inventions of any kind. it would just be whatever is left to survive. this is just adaptation. 'correcting' nature is also another form of adaptation, though this is also imperfect and a continous struggle.


My point, exactly, cran.

Thought I would have to leave this board for good. Thank god, fate, whatever it is, that it's not completely the nazi/fascist/social darwinist rally that satyr and eyes are turning it into.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:36 pm

Quote :
d63: My god! I'm dealing with the intellectual equivilent of brownshirt fascist thugs.

I clearly need to find something else to do with myself.
This sentence is too emotional and personal for philosophy. Where is your counterargument? I mean, if you merely wanted to increase minimum wage a little, because you think the capitalists are being unfair, then I wouldn't take issue, although, I would urge you to fight back without the assistance of government, but giving people money for nothing, or next to nothing and allowing them to procreate? if you can't see the absurdity in that then you are mentally deficient.

Quote :
Well then why even be here, Eyes? I mean the same could be said for philosophy and all products of the intellect.

My point is that it's a mixed package that we're pretty much stuck with, and the only way out is through.
You confuse artifice with evil and that is your error. Artifice, from culture to tools, machines and computers, is our primary means of survival, it is what separates us from them. Humankind cannot continue to exist without it, as we're extraordinarily instinctively and physically disabled. The key is balance. The world has become too artificial in some respects. Too many of our needs and particularly our wants are being satisfied. We have to cut the fat, sort to speak, the physical, emotional and social fat must be, cut. Necessity is the mother of good inventions, luxury of evil ones. Your communism is a symptom of decadence and decline. What we need now is less.. less is more. Less quantity more quality. Government should intervene less, and when it does intervene, it should kill off the stupid and the weak. The more humans there are, the less precious they are. Allow me to introduce you to a new ideology. I call it green fascism. Government shouldn't do much, but when it does something, it should cull. Less humans and less production/consumption, more quality humans and more quality production/consumption.

Quote :
And one problem with your reasoning: since the spider developed the web well before humans developed tables, how many years did it actually take to develop the table? You're math is wrong.
I think Satyr did an excellent of explaining the difference between nature and artifice.

Quote :
Yes, it is clearly the present endgame of evolution, whether Satyr and Eyes like it or not.

This is not to say there aren't flaws in it. But when have there ever not been flaws? If they hadn't of existed, we would have had no real reason to evolve to point we have.
That's what they said about the Roman empire. Civilizations tends to go through 4 stages. The first stage- it struggles with the elements for survival. It barely has enough technology to subsist (Winter/dark ages). Then, technology, social and physical, increases and there's a population boom (Spring). Man reaches a climax, the creativity and ingenuity present in spring, abandons him, as he grows fatter (Summer/light ages). Finally, his civilization begins to unravel, his technology has increased to the point where it only serves his vanity and his excesses. In spring and early summer, his inventions were born of practical necessity, and he was appreciative of the sacrifices and improvements his ancestors made, during late summer and fall, he loses his humility and respect, he begins to think of himself as immortal and omnipotent. As fall proceeds, and he starts to realize that he blew it, he turns to mindless hedonism, sensing the end is nigh, and crazed spiritual cults that promise a release and an escape from terrors he is too childish, weak and effete to cope with, unlike his hardened ancestors. A great culling shall occur, whether natural, artificial or a combination thereof, it matters not, for nothing can save the vast majority of humans now. Then, the cycle repeats itself, until man gets it right, or he annihilates himself.

Civilization more/less as a whole, has collapsed 2 times before. The 1st dark age was approximately 1200- 800 bc, the 2nd 400- 800 ad. I think we may be approaching the 3rd, they seem to occur every 1600 - 2200 years.

Civilization has limits. Efficiency can extend limits, but not indefinitely. While we were gorging ourselves, and making sure everyone was fed, food and resources were running out. Man will have to deal with this predicament with a hangover.

At a certain point and in certain ways, civilization is and becomes more like a drug than a food.. more like a toxin than nourishment.

The Jews and communists are like flies.. like cancer. Just as there is a link between obesity and cancer, Jews and communists come to feed off the hard work, wealth and power of others, namely Europeans and Americans.

Then again.. why do anything? We need to do more, we need to do more, I hear them say. Was it not the doing that got us into this mess in the 1st place? As Satyr indicates, activity comes from need, and need is a kind of weakness. Premodern civilization and religion was born of need, postmodern civilization and religion was born of want, or illusory need.. vanity, hubris.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:13 am

cranapple wrote:
Vanitas wrote:
d63tark wrote:
So what do you propose we do, regress? Go back to living in caves?

In my opinion nature has not gone away. The foundations laid by modernism still underpin the postmodern world, where supposedly all direction has been lost. Like the subconscious still directs the conscious, as all our choices originate in this dark and nebulous region, the simulacrum has turned itself towards the destruction of all non-Western, non-scientific cultures... and their biological origins.

yeah, all the things you lament, it doesn't give a shit about such as preserving western 'personal' culture for all the modern 'shit' as you would call it that you don't like. it doesn't care about preserving a way of life or a certain culture such as specific architecture, style of clothing, music etc. every invention that has taken on worldwide appeal tends to be more efficient. people didn't take to 'modern' western clothing because it was western but because it was more pragmatic etc. this is why box track housing is so prevalent or hirises. as for the personal flair or flavor of the month, that's just insignificant details. the 'scientific' and 'technological' culture is the future because it is exactly noncultural or it's not dependent on personal culture. technology and science has no bias, it just applies to everyone. it's completely pragmatic in that sense.
No you idiot, you're just trying to convince yourself of exactly what I said wasn't the case, that the postmodern world is valueless and directionless and acultural. That against all the available evidence white people don't exist anymore and that race and the reasons for it have vanished.

But did you ever know what those reasons were in the first place?

And no, science and technology are not acultural. They have their origins in the in the same intellectual tradition that created the Doric order and classical geometry and the scientific method. This is an aesthetic mode as much as it is scientific. They are both intimately tied up with the physical nature of white consciousness.

Regarding clothes, why did hominids begin wearing them in the first place, because not all did. Why do Africans dress in Western clothes... because it is more pragmatic? How is it more pragmatic in tropical countries to wear a shirt and tie rather than loose fitting clothing? Look at your desperation to prove that the acceptance of Western culture is anything less than your total enslavement and an ending to your ancestors way of life and their culture because quite simply it was childish and naive.

Think again about what you've said, that science and technology are the future. Some races are incapable of producing advanced technology or sophisticated science of any kind. Where does that leave them?
They are nothing more than monkeys playing with sophisticated toys - being given those toys - and simultaneously encouraged to think they are inextricably tied in some way to their production, are in some way necessary for it. It's no different to when colonial governers would pay the natives with buttons or when a child sits next to his father in the car pretending to drive it with a frisbee.
I've spent years reading the bullshit of so-called post-colonial writers, white and black, as they tried to convince us that the West is backward and somehow the primitive cultures of Africa and the New World are somehow superior. So easily did these emotional minds fall victim to the simulacrum. Just like sheep on a farm are at liberty to judge as inferior and savage the world beyond the pen, but only whilst the fences are there to protect them and a farmer exists to maintain those barriers.

But let these poor creatures have their judgments. The farm exists for a reason, for the benefit of those who exist beyond its walls, not those within them.

You are a nothing little moon head. Your people have found a niche miniaturizing and manufacturing our technology, but its one we've allowed you to have for simple economic reasons. There isn't going to be any Asian empire, as your people have not changed despite the adoption of Western clothes and ways. Underneath the same biology is apparent. You may imitate, but you cannot overcome.

But it'd make a nice Disney film. Like Pocohontas or Avatar or something. The victory of a world that is already dead and buried, like the coming of Christ.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14008
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:38 am

d63tark wrote:


Which pretty much makes anything you or anybody else is doing here “artificial”.
The only thing we are doing here is discussing issues.

d63tark wrote:
In fact, it would seem pretty much everything humans have done throughout their evolution, including the creation of Capitalism, artificial. So what is even the point in making the distinction? Seems kind of silly to me.
I know, little girl, I know.

Tell me about the first time you began hating yourself, dreaming of being a woman.

d63tark wrote:
So what do you propose we do, regress? Go back to living in caves?

It seems that the only "progress" little girls like is the progress towards their emasculation.

Little girl, you are so precious.

Of course it is the masculine tendency to usurp the status quo which is behind this.
But you are not following through with the reasoning, little girl.
Why would the system prefer feminine minds?
Why are females more conducive to social life and more easily integrated?

I enjoy your psychobabble, little woman, I really do. I'm sure your love of yourself lies behind your need to be fully female.
I understand how your condition would cause you pain and confusion and that you would dream of a world where all was reversed.
Yes, change is inevitable, making you a conservative, in that sense.

Let us begin from the start, shall we?
We'll do this the slow and easy way...like teaching a retarded child the ABC's

Why did sex evolve?
Let's assume that single cell reproduction using splitting was effective but not efficient, as it relied on mutations during the splitting to create the changes necessary to adapt to environmental changes.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:38 am

Vanitas wrote:
cranapple wrote:
Vanitas wrote:
d63tark wrote:
So what do you propose we do, regress? Go back to living in caves?

In my opinion nature has not gone away. The foundations laid by modernism still underpin the postmodern world, where supposedly all direction has been lost. Like the subconscious still directs the conscious, as all our choices originate in this dark and nebulous region, the simulacrum has turned itself towards the destruction of all non-Western, non-scientific cultures... and their biological origins.

yeah, all the things you lament, it doesn't give a shit about such as preserving western 'personal' culture for all the modern 'shit' as you would call it that you don't like. it doesn't care about preserving a way of life or a certain culture such as specific architecture, style of clothing, music etc. every invention that has taken on worldwide appeal tends to be more efficient. people didn't take to 'modern' western clothing because it was western but because it was more pragmatic etc. this is why box track housing is so prevalent or hirises. as for the personal flair or flavor of the month, that's just insignificant details. the 'scientific' and 'technological' culture is the future because it is exactly noncultural or it's not dependent on personal culture. technology and science has no bias, it just applies to everyone. it's completely pragmatic in that sense.
No you idiot, you're just trying to convince yourself of exactly what I said wasn't the case, that the postmodern world is valueless and directionless and acultural. That against all the available evidence white people don't exist anymore and that race and the reasons for it have vanished.

But did you ever know what those reasons were in the first place?

And no, science and technology are not acultural. They have their origins in the in the same intellectual tradition that created the Doric order and classical geometry and the scientific method. This is an aesthetic mode as much as it is scientific. They are both intimately tied up with the physical nature of white consciousness.

Regarding clothes, why did hominids begin wearing them in the first place, because not all did. Why do Africans dress in Western clothes... because it is more pragmatic? How is it more pragmatic in tropical countries to wear a shirt and tie rather than loose fitting clothing? Look at your desperation to prove that the acceptance of Western culture is anything less than your total enslavement and an ending to your ancestors way of life and their culture because quite simply it was childish and naive.

Think again about what you've said, that science and technology are the future. Some races are incapable of producing advanced technology or sophisticated science of any kind. Where does that leave them?
They are nothing more than monkeys playing with sophisticated toys - being given those toys - and simultaneously encouraged to think they are inextricably tied in some way to their production, are in some way necessary for it. It's no different to when colonial governers would pay the natives with buttons or when a child sits next to his father in the car pretending to drive it with a frisbee.
I've spent years reading the bullshit of so-called post-colonial writers, white and black, as they tried to convince us that the West is backward and somehow the primitive cultures of Africa and the New World are somehow superior. So easily did these emotional minds fall victim to the simulacrum. Just like sheep on a farm are at liberty to judge as inferior and savage the world beyond the pen, but only whilst the fences are there to protect them and a farmer exists to maintain those barriers.

But let these poor creatures have their judgments. The farm exists for a reason, for the benefit of those who exist beyond its walls, not those within them.

You are a nothing little moon head. Your people have found a niche miniaturizing and manufacturing our technology, but its one we've allowed you to have for simple economic reasons. There isn't going to be any Asian empire, as your people have not changed despite the adoption of Western clothes and ways. Underneath the same biology is apparent. You may imitate, but you cannot overcome.

But it'd make a nice Disney film. Like Pocohontas or Avatar or something. The victory of a world that is already dead and buried, like the coming of Christ.

notice you just threw a tantrum? the above is just irate 'blah, blah', blah'.

why? because you didn't like the fact i made a point that not only you don't like but you can't refute, so it was just more 'blah, blah, blah'.

what is your problem with the point? too realistic?

that it's YOUR FRUSTRATION with the fact your delusion that you can have your cake and eat it too, is not working?? lmfao. that it's your FRUSTRATION from the fact it's not just other races that is the problem but your own race as well but constantly project all the problems on to others or the blame as well as stupidly citing anything you can to hold onto this belief of utter superiority (and who gives a shit if someone is first, second, third as that's just life) when things are not going your way?? lmfao. and here is the big clincher: it's your FRUSTRATION that your race goes around like a virus infecting every other culture to be like yours but that same force that runs roughshod and mows down everything else is also eating away at your own culture producing garbage you don't like?? isn't that right?? but instead of facing that, you go on like a kid in the playground yelling out whatever you can to point out what is wrong or supposedly inferior about others because in truth, your own world is slowly and surely being fucked over even by your own kind. isn't that right, bitch?? let's just be real here: who the fuck is letting in hordes of other races into europe and the americas? who is fuking away like rabbits with these other races and producing offspring? hmm...this is what is pissing you off.

of course it is but you don't have the integrity to admit it. btw, as you can see, i highlighted the most telling part because it is also a projection of what is happening to your way of life onto others to make yourself feel better. btw, i've lived in both east and west and from my observation, whites have a wider bell curve so have more geniuses but there overall population is not of better quality as one can clearly witness (lol) whereas in the east it is flipped, not as many geniuses but a more stable, intelligent and more mature population in general. each has it's pros/cons. i really find your shallow and sterile/nonpersonal understanding of life grotesque travesty of it's own. there are others who have good qualities or worthy ones besides yourself, you goddamn bitch. and the world speaks english as well as adopted your way of modern life and most trying to better themselves as well as cooperate as well as many look up to you and you still are not satisfied with that like an ever restless psycopath. you should feel honored that they do, you fuking bitch, but instead would rather look at them with disdain that their culture or way of life is going away as if none of it had any value or uniqueness of it's own just for your constant superiority crutch as if it's some cold jewel.

also, you are quite stupid and keep contradicting yourself. notice westerners don't wear wooden shoes and sweep cobblestone streets anymore either and so on, citing it as childish and naive. you are so stupid because you can only see what is going on from only one angle, i could just go on and on and on..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Digital Narratives

Back to top Go down
 
Digital Narratives
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Digital Scrapbooking Using PowerPoint
» DIGITAL CLOCK PROGRAMMER
» Boilermate TS140 fault
» Boilermate III - Working ok until thermostat kicks in and top leds start pulsing ?
» Boilermate 2000 hot water operation

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: