Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess
 
HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Open Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:21 am

Vanitas wrote:
Satyr wrote:
In fact consciousness is the constant juxtaposition of abstractions - mental snapshots - in quick succession, creating the perception of movement.

Do you have any evidence to back this up?
What kind of evidence would suffice?
Are you not your own evidence...know thyself?

Vanitas wrote:
It sounds like how a camera works, rather than consciousness which is more analog and seamless.
Tell me, does a camera invent man or did man invent the camera, taking himself as the known?
Is there such a thing as a creation out of nothingness?
I would say, no. Therefore what is created or invented, or procreated is always a recombination of the previous.
There is no such a thing as absolute uniqueness. The most creative minds draw from the known, the experienced, the past to invent a new combination or a new application.

This is why I find all this talk about uniqueness as it relates to me and my supposed belief that I am saying something new or unknown, ridiculous.
This is why I consider all these excuses concerning gender, as if it came out of the nothing, or that culture spontaneously emerged rather than being grounded on organic effects or the past, as if gender is a total fabrication with no basis in nature, as being childish.
This is why I consider all this talk about "progress" or how the past is "overcome" or "primitive", the cry of a decomposing corpse, hissing and farting as the gasses inside his cadaver accumulate and are expelled in gushes of moist warm air.

When a man invents a device, such as the camera, he draws from what he knows, no, and he applies it in the only way he knows is practical or useful?


_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:03 am

Satyr wrote:
Vanitas wrote:
Satyr wrote:
In fact consciousness is the constant juxtaposition of abstractions - mental snapshots - in quick succession, creating the perception of movement.

Do you have any evidence to back this up?
What kind of evidence would suffice?

How about some empirical evidence?

You're describing the operation of a mechanical device, a shutter rapidly opening and closing, not organic consciousness as we experience it, if your description is intended to be that.

To me you've described the simulacrum, how it breaks up the real to create a simulation. The voice you hear on the telephone is not the voice of the person you are talking to, but an electronic reconstruction of it, just as the tree on your television screen is a reconstruction of the tree, not the tree itself. Persistence of vision requires that in order for the tree to appear 'real' to you it must appear to move exactly like a tree would in real life, which means the image must be refreshed at least 12+ times per second, so that your eye does not detect any discontinuity. Remember film works by rapidly changing still images, fooling the eye into thinking there is movement when there isn't any. Generally, the smoother one wants reality to appear on screen the greater the frame rate.

Quote :
Although human vision has no “frame rate”, it may be possible to investigate the consequences of changes in frame rate for human observers. The most famous example may be the wagon-wheel effect, a form of aliasing in the time domain; in which a spinning wheel suddenly appears to change direction when its speed approaches the frame rate of the image capture/reproduction system.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:41 pm

You want me to dissect consciousness and offer you a picture or a graph of it?
Would you ask Schopenhauer for empirical evidence for the Will or would you ask someone else for empirical evidence for agencies, as these are now the way consciousness is being explained?

What I'm describing is a theory which best explains consciousness and how this relates to a fluid environment.

For me the process is about sensual information streaming through the senses, in this case the eyes, being processed to a degree where they are clipped, simplified, generalized using evolved methods - a priori.

The "frame rate" of the brain is determined by the systolic diastolic cellular rates, purely biologically determined.
When you say change what are you saying?
That a static thing is displaying a divergence....1<>2<>3<>4....is the {<> a gap in reality or is it a gap in consciousness of it?
there is no gap, right? But then how would the mind manage to translate this into a mental image and why does everything the mind creates, such as math, conceptions of particles, always remain infinitely divisible?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:52 pm

eyesinthedark wrote:
Yes, it's funny how others accuse you of simplicity, but it is not simplicity they're really against, just your supposed simplicity. In reality you are more complex than them, as you constantly make adjustments to your theories upon acquiring more data, and even though you provide us with many rules, they are never in the absolute form, and you always leave room for exceptions, sometimes more than others as need be, depending on the subject. This notion that all individuals and races, sexes and animals are equally valuable and similar or even the same in every way, is just as simplistic as the idea that white, adult males are God, and all others are animals, if not more simplistic, but you do not adopt either stance, though you are a little more to the right (relative to the norm), it is only because the date points in that direction, and you do not stray very far from the data, so these morons like d63 think you're some kind of neo Nazi skin head, and to be honest, at one time that's what I thought you may be, but I didn't settle for that, I could see there was more there, and now I see your philosophy is far more sophisticated and nuanced than I ever could have imagined, it defies all quick and easy labels. I have tried to place you into a box many times, and failed, but I have no agenda here, I simply want to understand who you are, what you believe and why, because I find it all fascinating, I shall challenge you whenever I think you are far off, as I have previously, I will stay true to my own conception of reality no matter what, but I will incorporate what I see as the best elements of your philosophy into my own, and leave the rest, as a good thinker learns from others without mimicking them, as you have done with Schopenhauer and others. I have no affiliation with any party, I do not consider myself left or right, I am simply on the side of truth, and cast all the politics and all the popularity contests and bullshit aside, and go straight for the jugular, for the meat and potatoes and that is what your philosophy provides me with, no bullshit, an honest overview of the world, one man's extraordinary perspective, no religion, no fairytale endings, just an honest look at the bloody world, no pretenses, it is all the other motherfuckers who never gave you a chance who have had the pretenses and the baggages of crap. Even when they challenge you, it's never about philosophy, they never do it honestly, it's always personal, or petty, or emotional, or reactionary, well, not always, but often, certainly in the case of d63.
Retards and emasculated douche-bags aside, shall we explore the consequences of this lapse in masculine spirituality?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Well...it seems like the retards, pretending to be "challengers" , have declined the opportunity to "put me in my place" and "to teach me a lesson", displaying themselves as the "heroes of modernity and all which is "right" and "good" and "just" and , above all else, what is considered to be human and humane.

for this reason we must assume that these imbeciles are right, simply because it feels right or it seems right, or our mommy and daddy told us so, or our friends and family and everyone we know considers it so, or because it feels damn great to think that it is right...or for whatever other reason these morons can come up with.

Until these imbeciles grow some balls and dare to confront me, o mono-a-mono, we'll be forced to consider them the victors as t he weakest, most degraded, stupid view is considered, in our modern times, the one most deserving of respect and op a free-ride on the pretentious train of intellectualism.
But, and this is a long shot, if these imbeciles actually dare to be honest and men, then all they have to do is test themselves...if not against some other then why not against me?
until; then, let us assume, for the sake of the majority, that these morons are "right" and "correct" and that they are being "reasonable"....because the weak always deserve, even if they have never acquired the right to it; the "right" to be given a free hand, an easy "benefit of the doubt"pass, the imbecile always claims as his "privilege" because he was born...and he was born human, or what passes for human these days.

I only dream, hope, prey, that one of these morons - one of the many who, at times, have dared to engage me, dare, once more, to test their metal, and their faith and their intelligence, against mine..until then let us assume, just because it feels "right" that they are nothing more than imbeciles, degenerates and genetic filth. .

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Conversation's dry.
When are you going to dare to get your hands dirty?

"Is there a God?"

"Is there such thing as a spiritual realm?"

Fuck. Ing. TRY it out.

Ever used a Ouija board?

I triple-dog dare you.

You don't think there's a God now, you'll be begging for one...
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Shit, girl, this is so old.

Truth is not revealed during times of great need and great stress, because then reason is clouded and the mind sees what it most wants to see.

Religion flourishes in times of great distress, great suffering, amongst those with great need...the meekest and the weakest.

"Hands dirty" little girl?
Making myself a slave, because it feels good, is old.
When will you dare to be self; to be responsible and open to self and to the repercussions, the risks and costs of being so?
When will you dare to be anything but the pussy that you are?

Replacing an absence with a fabrication, with a chimera is not good enough.
Seeking power in another, wanting authority in otherness, because you have none of it in yourself, is your problem.
Here you are, still wanting that "authority figure" you can respect...and what is respect but a form of fear?


_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Beautiful response and it had nothing to do with what I said...

Way 2 go
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:49 pm

What I meant was, you're a clueless appetizer for other worldly predators and I think it funny that all you do is sit around all day and frequent this forum while they feed on you... ;]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Have you been listening to David Icke, Ivy? Are you referring to reptilian humanoids, Ivy? It seems you have failed to realize, Ivy, 'Satyr' is a reptilian humanoid, in fact 'Satyr', or should I say Korgannu, is an betoid reptoid. Why do you think he considers himself a separate species, dear, why do you think he feed off of human negativity and fear? What do you think Nietzsche was referring to when he spoke of ubermensch, he was speaking to those who carry the bloodline, who may not realize. Your secrets out Korgannu, what will you do now, hmmm?


Last edited by eyesinthedark on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Poison IV wrote:
What I meant was, you're a clueless appetizer for other worldly predators and I think it funny that all you do is sit around all day and frequent this forum while they feed on you... ;]
In fact I'm delicious.
I flow with nutrients.
I once used one of them ouij...whatchemecalits...the message was: Think.

I have ever since.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:27 pm

eyesinthedark wrote:
Have you been listening to David Icke, Ivy? Are you referring to reptilian humanoids, Ivy? It seems you have failed to realize, Ivy, 'Satyr' is a reptilian humanoid, in fact 'Satyr', or should I say Korgannu, is an betoid reptoid. Why do you think he considers himself a separate species, dear, why do you think he feed off of human negativity and fear? What do you think Nietzsche was referring to when he spoke of ubermensch, he was speaking to those who carry the bloodline, who may not realize. Your secrets out Korgannu, what will you do now, hmmm?
I think we talked about this at the last meeting.
This breach of security will not be tolerated, the humans do not need to be informed, especially not those who, like PoisonIV, already know too much.

I'm going to have to discuss this with the High Counsel.

From now on every time you see a light in the sky, you hear a strange sound or have a bad dream, it is us.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Haha, you and the high council think too much of these, humans. Millions of photographs have been took of our vessels and 'Grey' vessels and yet the majority are still not convinced of our existence, they will believe whatever our sock puppets tell them to believe. We could land on the white house front lawn tomorrow without reprocussion. Nonetheless I will do what the council commands of me... for now, I'll say nothing more. Oh Korgannu, how much longer must we wait before dawn, when we will slaughter them by the millions and drink their blood, I can't take this stinkin skin suit, and kissing up to these stinkin humans much longer.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:09 pm

I saw a vision yesterday night. These spirits were thrashing me with spiritual whips.
a woke to the sound of helicopter blades.
later that day a mysterious car drove by my house, with this weird looking dude.

He smiled and waved, and I instantly knew...and he knew that I know....and I knew that he knew that I knew that he knew....
Later that evening I was watching a movie...thee were all these symbols in it, you know?
Like satanic emblems and and gestures. I realized that I was onto something deep.

I thought I was going mad...instead I called it real....and the world was mad.
I have to warn the world....tomorrow, if I make it.

Pray for me.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:11 pm

That reminds me of a story.
Remember that earthquake that happened in Thailand?
Well I had some premonitions and some foreshadowings about it.
3 and a half months before it happened, I had a dream my hometown of Saskatoon was struck by an earthquake. Now, I realize Saskatoon is a long way from Thailand, and that I have nightmares about disasters befalling me personally and the world all the time... and that an earthquake was bound to happen somewhere, sooner or later, but come on man, only 3 and a half months before it happened, freaky.
Not to mention 2 weeks prior to the earthquake, I watched a movie about an earthquake, I mean, what are the odds of that? Now, I realize I watch movies about disasters and such all the time, and none of those disasters occur shortly afterwards, but still... still.
Oh, I almost forgot, I became abruptly and inexplicably depressed the day it happened, before I even knew it was happening, my brain must have been acting as a reciever for all the pain and suffering that was being broadcasted. Now, I realize I'm depressed all the time, but the day it happened, my depression was weirder and more intense than usual. Of course my friends cat died 3 days prior to me getting depressed, but still, coincidence, I think not.
One last thing, two days after the earthquake happened, I got a handjob in a park from some broad, I mean, that never happens to me.

Now, you may not think much of these events, Satyr, you closed minded misogynist bigot fascist racist, but I do, and a growing number of my friends, family, and people without cridentials who write both pseudoscientific books and fantasy novels do, so fuck you!!! You'll be begging for God, once you get cancer or some other horrific tradedy befalls you, and I always take the beliefs of people more seriously when they're undergoing extreme traumatic stress, they're usually the most rational people, and they confirm all my suspicions about angels, ufos and moon crystals.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Well, Satyr, why don't you put one of your beliefs on the line, and I will challenge it, I don't care, I'm usually game, I'll pretend to disagree with you even if i don't, I'm sure I'll give you a good challenge.
Pav is good at debates too, better than most, me and him had a few good ones, but he hasn't been around lately.

BTW, I edited the above post to make it a little more coherent.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:32 pm

I don't think you're that difficult to challenge Satyr, it's a case of most people being too dumb and cowardly, not you being too smart and intellectually courageous, although you are very smart and intellectually courageous, don't get me wrong, but we're dealing with some real retards here, d63, and most of those at ilp.
Phoneutria and crapapple were ok, at least they had the guts to challenge us, even if they failed miserably, and weren't the least bit humble 'bout it, conceding nothing, they put up an adequate fight, kept us busy for a little while.
You need someone with more substance, someone who's thought existence through, someone like me, I think I can give you that, or maybe I'm just deluding myself, I've been full of self doubt lately... we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm easy to challenge, I admit it.
I'm only slightly above average intellectually, but I know what I believe and why.

It's not up to me to choose what you will defeat me at.
Pick my most vulnerable spot and be kind.
Kind in that you do not destroy what you think I think rather than what I did say.

I'm a bit busy these days, but I'm sure I'll find the time to get embarrassed.
Right now I'm debating with myself whether or not I should start a YouTube Blog, like some others have.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:47 am

There's something very old testament about your hatred of homosexuals, I wonder if you have anything else in common with the o t morality? You believe in an eye for an eye, neh? What else? Do you hate liars, thieves, those who dishonour their parents? Of course you only hate others when they abuse those whom you consider 'noble'. Your brand of homohate is quite different, in that you despise egalitarian homosexuality, not hierarchical homosexuality. So is it the egalitarianism you despise, or the homosexuality, or both? Now, would you make a law against homosexuality, and if so, does this not constitute a form of nurture, which you are supposedly against, as you believe nurture protects the weak from culling, but nurture can also cull the weak, or those unfit to survive. Do you think asexual (wo)men should be killed also, since they are unfit, but why bother, since homosexuals/asexual will eradicate themselves by not procreating, and they may have something positive to contribute while they're still here.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:06 am

eyesinthedark wrote:
There's something very old testament about your hatred of homosexuals, I wonder if you have anything else in common with the o t morality?
"Hatred"?
Are you pulling an ace out of your sleeve, dear? An emotional crutch?

If I expose, let's say, the lies behind vegetarianism...am I resentful of anyone who does not eat meat?
Is that your only angle...emotional appeals?

eyesinthedark wrote:
You believe in an eye for an eye, neh?
"You believe" implies that there is an alternative.
I also believe in "no God" can YOU provide evidence or a cogent argument against my disbelief or should I assume that you are correct or worth considering on purely emotional grounds?

eyesinthedark wrote:
What else? Do you hate liars, thieves, those who dishonor their parents?
This emotion "hate" again. I no more "hate" them than I "love" those that honor their parents.
What business is it of mine, dear?
What someone, or something, does, how it behaves, only serves as an indication of its nature.

I do not "hate" Christians, because their existence - pretentious and superficial though it might be - aids me in my quests. I only expose their nature, when nothing will come back to me.
I would not "hate" your stupidity, because it is preferable to me, but I would expose it and exploit it when and if the opportunity arises.

eyesinthedark wrote:
Of course you only hate others when they abuse those whom you consider 'noble'.
I no more hate a virus for infecting one of the ones I love than i do an animal for doing what comes natural to it.
My intent, dear boy/girl, is the other side....I immunize.
I immunize with ideas and awareness.

eyesinthedark wrote:
Your brand of homohate is quite different, in that you despise egalitarian homosexuality, not hierarchical homosexuality. So is it the egalitarianism you despise, or the homosexuality, or both?
How is the symptom of a disease different form the disease?
Homosexuality is a symptom.
"Despise" is your ace. I hope it works for you.
Is this a rational conversation or an emotional one?

eyesinthedark wrote:
Now, would you make a law against homosexuality, and if so, does this not constitute a form of nurture, which you are supposedly against, as you believe nurture protects the weak from culling, but nurture can also cull the weak, or those unfit to survive.
I would no more make a law against homosexuality than I would against a virus or a genetic dysfunction or mutation.
I cannot be a judge against nature only a judge of nature.
Would I make a law against stupidity or being short or being ugly?

eyesinthedark wrote:
Do you think asexual (wo)men should be killed also, since they are unfit, but why bother, since homosexuals/asexual will eradicate themselves by not procreating, and they may have something positive to contribute while they're still here.
"A-sexual"?
Define it.
I consider myself, somewhat indifferent to sex...in the same way I am indifferent to food.
I enjoy it, when it is present and easy to attain, but I do not define myself according to what I've eaten or how much of it I've eaten.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 am

How far would you take this antinurture principle, at what point do you draw the line? Would you refrain from puting a saddle on a horse,or from disciplining your wives, children and slaves, I'm assuming you wouldn't refrain from doing these things. Why cultivate one area of nature and human nature, and not another? Come to think of it, you said you were against all forms of human nurturing, but obviously you're not, so it seems you're contradicting yourself. Perhaps you would merely remove laws that protect unmanly homosexuals and other 'perverts' from culling. Still, with or without government, this culling of the unfit is a form nurture, unless it is spontaneous, instinctive and disorganised. There's no guarantee bisexuals and fags would be culled in a state of nature. Would you kill Steven Hawkings, he's a genetic dead end? It seems you've invented some mutant hybrid of anarchism and fascism or decentralised eugenics.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:31 am

Oh come now, you should no better than that, I am many things, but emotional is not one of them, no bleeding heart liberal am I, I thought you hated the weak and inferior... maybe that would be making too much of them, eh? Maybe you're just for letting them die, or letting others take care of them. Maybe you're just indifferent to them, and you don't like how Christians and democratic socialists force us to care, and tax us on their behalf.

Let me ask you this, is timocracy not a form of nurturing? Shouldn't the strong be able to defend themselves? That's how it works in prison.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:42 am

eyesinthedark wrote:
How far would you take this antinurture principle, at what point do you draw the line?
What does this even mean?

eyesinthedark wrote:
Would you refrain from puting a saddle on a horse,or from disciplining your wives, children and slaves, I'm assuming you wouldn't refrain from doing these things.
How is it "unnatural" to exploit?

eyesinthedark wrote:
Why cultivate one area of nature and human nature, and not another?
Who cares?
Would I lie about it?
Would I make it seem like a profound practice? Would I pretend that it is selfless and virtuous and worthy of emulation?

eyesinthedark wrote:
Come to think of it, you said you were against all forms of human nurturing, but obviously you're not, so it seems you're contradicting yourself.
Then allow me to clarify:
If nurturing means only knowledge or teaching and no shielding an individual form the world where all knowledge and training is to be tested, then yes I am against it.
It's easy to pretend you are for a loving, benevolent, tolerant, God when you do not have to put this into practice.

eyesinthedark wrote:
Perhaps you would merely remove laws that protect unmanly homosexuals and other 'perverts' from culling.
I would not "remove" nor add anything except what is already present.
Laws serve me well if they keep degenerate, retards, from attacking me, but I shall not pretend or lie to myself that these degenerates, because they are inebriated by religion or some other ideal, are not capable of attacking me.

eyesinthedark wrote:
Still, with or without government, this culling of the unfit is a form nurture, unless it is spontaneous, instinctive and disorganized.
No, because "government" implies a human intervention.
The idea that any human intervention is benign and benevolent or not guided by some external will is your myth, not mine.

eyesinthedark wrote:
There's no guarantee bisexuals and fags would be culled in a state of nature.
"Guarantees" are for fags.
in nature fags would have no "automatic" "rights".
If they manage to procreate it would be due to their individual sacr9fice or power or happenstance or whatever, not be causer the system offered them a "right".

eyesinthedark wrote:
Would you kill Steven Hawkings, he's a genetic dead end?
Why would I, personally, need to "kill" him?
If he were to die, what exactly would I be denying mankind of?

eyesinthedark wrote:
It seems you've invented some mutant hybrid of anarchism and fascism or decentralised eugenics.
Is that what it "seems" like?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 am

I see, well, there are alternatives to an eye for an eye, there's mercy, forgiveness, natural human sentiments, and laws that are lenient and tolerant, and conversely there's vengeance, wrath, laws and people that would cut your testicles off for stealing a loaf of bread or eyeing another man's wife, you see there's a whole spectrum of human behavior, law and tradition, ranging from the sociopath to the Christian democrat. I'd say 10 eyes for 1 eye is the normal, natural human response, though in addition it depends on multiple factors, the demeanor/temperament of the victim, the severity of the transgression, the remorsefulness of the perpetrator, the age of the perpetrator, whether the transgression was intentional or not, law, custom, religion, eye for an eye across the board is terribly simplistic.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:57 am

eyesinthedark wrote:
Oh come now, you should no better than that, I am many things, but emotional is not one of them, no bleeding heart liberal am I, I thought you hated the weak and inferior...
Really?
How could I "know better" outside of what you write?
I have no visual ques, no body language, no voice fluctuations, to go by....all I have is text.
If it were otherwise you would be, for me, an open book. There would be no need to engage you, as I would already know what I needed to know simply by analyzing your gestures, your tonal qualities, your facial and physical expressions.
That I even give you,or anyone else, the time of day is because words are all I have...and words challenge me.
I need to "work" more. I need to notice work usage, sentence structure, repetitions, meanings etc.

eyesinthedark wrote:
maybe that would be making too much of them, eh?
Isn't that the test?
Overestimation and underestimation are the test.

Right THERE is the test. We all use projection, emotional appeals; we all use ourselves and out experiences and our personal analysis, as a groundwork, (our personal "baggage" or subjectivity) so what, exactly I the decisive factor?
Are all perspectives equal?
If not, then what defines the one perspective that stands out?

eyesinthedark wrote:
Maybe you're just for letting them die, or letting others take care of them.
I could care less. All I am for is not giving them an artificial, a manmade , advantage.

eyesinthedark wrote:
Maybe you're just indifferent to them, and you don't like how Christians and democratic socialists force us to care, and tax us on their behalf.
I only care about how it affects me and my own bloodline. Even this desire to teach, to make others aware, is based in this fundamental principle of making my own kind more likely to survive.

eyesinthedark wrote:
Let me ask you this, is timocracy not a form of nurturing? Shouldn't the strong be able to defend themselves? That's how it works in prison.
Prison is an enclosed and controlled environment....how does this apply to Timocracy?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:05 pm

eyesinthedark wrote:
I see, well, there are alternatives to an eye for an eye, there's mercy, forgiveness, natural human sentiments, and laws that are lenient and tolerant, and conversely there's vengeance, wrath, laws and people that would cut your testicles off for stealing a loaf of bread or eyeing another man's wife, you see there's a whole spectrum of human behavior, law and tradition, ranging from the sociopath to the Christian democrat.
If so, then how are they not natural selection?

How is someone convincing himself that his ideals are "transcendental" the same as saying that they are essential or necessary for my own, personal, good?
How is buying into the bullshit and sentimentality, the same as being aware of the pragmatic factors?
Let me lower this to a level you might understand:

How is me becoming convinced that I am "in love" with a female, the same as me being aware that I require this female to procreate and that I will do whatever is necessary to accomplish my goal?
They both lead to the same consequences, only one is surprised, hurt, dismayed, whereas the other expects it, prepares for it.

eyesinthedark wrote:
I'd say 10 eyes for 1 eye is the normal, natural human response, though in addition it depends on multiple factors, the demeanor/temperament of the victim, the severity of the transgression, the remorsefulness of the perpetrator, the age of the perpetrator, whether the transgression was intentional or not, law, custom, religion, eye for an eye across the board is terribly simplistic.
God...then how is this not like anything I've said, or how is this against Jude-Christian doctrine?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:20 pm

"How is it "unnatural" to exploit?"

What makes it unnatural, the way I define it, is not that it is exploitive, wolves prey on human and animal flesh and I do not consider what they do unnatural or inherently bad (nor do I equate unnatural with bad), is the degree the left brain (learning, strategizing, reasoning, planning, organizing, manipulating) plays a role in the behavior, so there is no precise line betwee natural and artificial, it is natural for a human to kill and eat another human if he's hungry.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 19412
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 53
Location : Flux

Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:24 pm

eyesinthedark wrote:
"How is it "unnatural" to exploit?"

What makes it unnatural, the way I define it, is not that it is exploitive, wolves prey on human and animal flesh and I do not consider what they do unnatural or inherently bad (nor do I equate unnatural with bad), is the degree the left brain (learning, strategizing, reasoning, planning, organizing, manipulating) plays a role in the behavior, so there is no precise line betwee natural and artificial, it is natural for a human to kill and eat another human if he's hungry.
And?

Do YOU have a point?

Listen, boy, if you are going to attack me or debate me, make an effort to, at least, oppose me.
This, bullshit, about taking on another side, just for fuck's sake, is not my style, If you have no vested interest in what you fight for, then what are you doing: mental masturbation?

----

Listen, boy...you cannot engage ion intellectual matters as if they were movies or something you participated in circumstantially, able to disengage form at will.
This is hypocrisy and it is quickly made evident through the quality of your responses. If you do not believe in what you are saying and are only indulging in it for the sake of conversation then it is obvious.
Debate for debate's sake, is what retards do, in forums like ILP where the goal is not to challenge fundamental beliefs but to pretend that, despite the fundamental belief and the shared myth, that all are practicing "free-will".

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:34 pm

What makes cannibalism unnatural is if its done to please the Gods, or for some abstract, cultural reason, or the amount of deliberation and planning that went into the kill, if it was done spontaneously with a hammer to satify ones hunger or rage, then it its perfectly natural, if it's done ritualistically and a great deal of premeditation and with poison, then it is more unnatural. You see I have a very clinical, idiosyncratic way of defining the word, It wasn't my intention to inject my morality into the debate or to heal your morality with my sacred, holy morality, my morality is just for others to leave me alone, if they cross me, I will murder or maim them, this may be the extent of morality, although it depends on my mood, and I'm constantly reevaluating myself and the world, as I am full of doubts, questions and curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:44 pm

listen jerk off, my intention here is to test the consistency of your beliefs, not to pit my morality against yours, or to adopt a phony morality for the sake of challeging you.

always concerned with motives and alterior motives, having a conversation with you is like having a conversation with an aircraft carrier or a missile defense system, you sound very paranoid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Challenge Open Challenge - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Open Challenge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Mardi 15 mai : que faites-vous sur internet ?
» Dream with Snakes/Dogs - please help
» Knocking at my bedroom door
» repost: Casting Out a Demon

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: