Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess
 
HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Feminism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyssa
Har Har Harr


Gender : Female Posts : 8680
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
OhFortunae



Gender : Male Scorpio Posts : 2457
Join date : 2013-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Land of Dance and Song

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:22 pm



Which sex aproaches the unkown other first?
Why?

Are they, also, the victims of western paternalism?

Hard to believe but the grandchildren of these men will one day have the potential to be the equal to Newton, Einstein, Heidegger, Tesla, Michelangelo, D'Avinci, Buddha...according to modern day nitwits.




_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Lyssa
Har Har Harr


Gender : Female Posts : 8680
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Secret:
You've been trained to consider her pleasure, her gratification, her organsm as the measurment of your masculinity your value, your self-esteem.

Truth is she is dominated by sex and sexuality, her sexual appeal.
The moment you want to fuck her, she is validated as a female, as an existence...because outside of this appeal she has nothing to be proud of, or to identify with.
She abides by a masculine rule, and in modern times this means a popular, insitutinoaized appeal.

You must replace this dominance with yourself, or else you are forced to meet her standards rules.
In Modernity, being that it is all about Nihilism (overturning) and feminization, the emasculation of flesh and blood males, so that they become easily replaced by an abstraction, an idea(l), the female demands that you abide by the popular, common rule, making HEr the center of value.

Once you buy into this bullshit, you're already done.  
She only feels feminine when she pleasures you, as a demanding male.
Your ejaculation is her affirmation - the beginning of her potential.

Nihilism inverts these roles...as it does everything, including the very definition of "nihilism".

Do not waste your energies on cunts, like Kriswest the cow, move on....prefer to remain celibate instead of feeding that gasping wound.
Another word for "gaping wound"?
CUNT.

Fill it, or leave it.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:20 am

PDitty's latest find...he posted it on the Barn Boards.



The entire affair is focused on a bisexual female, interrupted by a lesbian. The only honesty accepted can only come form a female.
The event is about equality in vitimhood.
Men are now also victims, like feminists are, and Jews, and blacks.
A competition over who is the biggest victim.

None of them would consider a return to the past...Paternalism.
The goal here is parity in victimhood....sexuality as a non-factor.
True, it does confront feminization - it is actually mentioned - but only to offer the ideal of uniformity.


Another female speaking out...because only a female can be tolerated and if you are a male and say the same things there you are "obsessed", a latent homosexual, suffering from rejection, or a small penis....or whatever...


You can only find out the truth about Jews from other Jews...in this world.
And only a woman can be honest, even if incomplete in her analysis, concerning feminization.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1763
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:10 am

Best if she were a jewish, black, bisexual female.
I wonder how much psychological insanity can be carried by this manmade world.
I think we are actually already past that point. We are running on substance, we are destroying our muscles to keep on running the organism.
We don't invest in our own future generations by raising enough of our children, instead we import substance from abroad by integrating and consuming all nationalities and cultures. We have passed the point of no return quite some time ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OhFortunae



Gender : Male Scorpio Posts : 2457
Join date : 2013-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Land of Dance and Song

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:39 am

''What Men Can Do to Stop Rape

We live in a sexist society in which men have privileges and prerogatives unavailable to women.
To support these sexist patterns, men are taught to be dominant, and women are taught to be submissive.
In particular, men are encouraged to take whatever they want. Thus women are no longer viewed as people.
Instead they are viewed as objects to please men, to be taken. It is these attitudes that define “rape culture.”
In a society that also tolerates widespread violence, understanding and love between human beings is drastically reduced.

How can we take individual responsibility for the future?
What can men do to replace the attitudes that encourage and accept rape?

Confront men who use sexist language or make jokes that are degrading to women.
This only perpetuates the idea that women are objects, less than human, around to be dominated.
   
Don’t allow yourself to be entertained by rape. Rape is a common device used in the media.
Many of the myths about rape are depicted in the media. Refuse to watch shows that use rape to “turn on” the audience.
   
Don’t allow psychological rape or commit it yourself.
Psychological rape consists of verbal harassment, whistles, kissing noises, heavy breathing, sly comments or stares.
These are all assaults on any woman’s sense of well-being. The underlying intention is to intimidate the woman.
They are power plays couched in the language of sex.

Don’t rape. This may seem obvious or offensive, but rape can be an elusive subject.
In a recent national survey on college campuses, one out of 12 men admitted to fulfilling the legal definition of rape,
but did not admit raping someone.

Support women who have been raped.
Rape is a traumatic experience that causes a woman to lose her sense of control and security.
Offer her your support and acceptance, but don’t make decisions for her.

Examine your own attitudes. We are not static individuals.
Examine your attitudes and see if they make sense. People once thought the world was flat. Now we know better.
Remember when most people thought women were inferior to men and men had the right to control them?
That’s what we’ve been told all our lives. Now we are learning better.

– Reprinted with permission from The Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center,
  University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.''


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Feminism Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:08 am

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:35 am





And the modern females asks, confused:

"Where have all the men gone?"

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
perpetualburn



Gender : Male Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-04
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:43 am

Quote :
Psychological rape consists of verbal harassment, whistles, kissing noises, heavy breathing, sly comments or stares.

Have to wonder if some of this will ever become law... verbal harassment is against the law... But a "comment" being considered "rape"? Talk about giving woman a huge weapon in filtering out undesirables... Any comment she might deem "offensive" to her womanly well-being, "independence," "security," or "control" gets categorized as a crime. Seems like a big stretch and would be hard to enforce, but who knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1763
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The power of words.
Grooming solipsism onwards from the early age.

You just have to be bossy to make it in this world, apparently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 pm

And the control of thinking, through language, continues.

In time, if females are permitted to rule the world, we'll only be able to use some words....

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1763
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
A transgender woman in Northern California has sued the company behind the popular CrossFit workouts for refusing to let her compete in the female division of its annual fitness competitions.

The lawsuit brought Thursday by Chloie Jonsson, 34, accuses CrossFit Inc. of violating her rights under a California law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender identity.

"The fundamental, ineluctable fact is that a male competitor who has a sex reassignment procedure still has a genetic makeup that confers a physical and physiological advantage over women," Saran wrote in a letter to McCoy that's linked to the discussion board. "That Chloie may have felt herself emotionally, and very conscientiously, to be a woman in her heart, and that she ultimately underwent the legal and other surgical procedures to carry that out, cannot change that reality."

Saran said CrossFit may create a separate division for transgender athletes if enough step forward to compete.

"Our decision has nothing to do with `ignorance' or being bigots - it has to do with a very real understanding of the human genome, of fundamental biology, that you are either intentionally ignoring or missed in high school," he said.

Forget 1984, this is 2014.

For now there has been no uproar in the Feminist circles. The double standard of when it's convenient then there exists a biological reality and when not then it's a social construct would be too obvious.

Edit - Come to think of it, this may actually pose a dilemma for Feminists who are usually in favor of dissolving the differences among the sexes and thus supportive of all things transgender.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Feminism is the drive to detach from determining nature.

That females ARE different, both physically AND mentally/psychologically, in degree (inherited potentials), does not mean that within artificial (man-made) environments we should treat them differently.
As you might have noticed with modern nihilist douche-bags, the topic is not about what is, but what ought.

Females ARE different than males, in every way...but they ought not be treated differently.
The pretense is what matters.
The apparent should not result in an action.
The "thou shalt not" stands.

You cannot even discuss reality, if it is cruel and unforgiving, and inescapable, if you do not also include in the discussion the "ought".
Philosophy becomes only about "should" and/or "could".
A futuristic projection of "what if?".

Not what IS, or was, manifesting in a presence/present, but what we then must, should, could, ought, to do.
It is a corrective drive, based no fear.

Nature is thus, but we must correct it.
If we cannot we must ignore it, pretend it isn't so...act as if it were not so.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Mo
Lamb


Gender : Male Aries Posts : 276
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Northerly

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Satyr wrote:
Feminism is the drive to detach from determining nature.

That females ARE different, both physically AND mentally/psychologically, in degree (inherited potentials)....
As you might have noticed with modern nihilist douche-bags, the topic is not about what is, but what ought.

An 'ought' is just the coda of a value judgment. "Here is what I value" naturally leads into, "This ought to be the case". They are inseparable.

You made a value judgement, above. ("Douche-bag" isn't a purely descriptive term). So, do you not also think it would be better if we didn't act like modern nihilist douche-bags? ---And will that 'ought' make you a modern nihilist douche-bag, as well?

Anyways, you can base 'oughts' on natural facts. It's not even hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:32 pm

No "ought" when I explore reality.

When I say males are superior to females in intellectual and physical potentials I am not saying this is what should be....but how it is. I explain why it is so....and I do not say just because I like it so.

And when I say intelligence is superior to other organic survival traits, I define what I mean by intelligence and I explain why it is superior, in effectiveness.
My value judgments are my own...and they are based on time - as a measurement of change, activity, which is independent from me.

You, if you like, can base it on your emotions, your hopes, your desires...the douche-bag stands.
any mind exhibiting the behaviors I've described, can be called retarded, stunted, stupid, idiotic, or, why not?  douche-bag: representing genetic degeneration brought about and protected, for various reasons, by what we call modernity.
Modernity being a socioeconomic system using nihilism as an internal structure for maintaining harmony, stability, control.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1763
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Satyr wrote:
As you might have noticed with modern nihilist douche-bags, the topic is not about what is, but what ought.
I also noticed that it's about rhetoric. Understanding what is really being said and addressing it is not that important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Anfang wrote:
Satyr wrote:
As you might have noticed with modern nihilist douche-bags, the topic is not about what is, but what ought.
I also noticed that it's about rhetoric. Understanding what is really being said and addressing it is not that important.
Rhetoric is about making the concept about the words.

Words detached from reality, means words as static things, referring to abstractions only in the human brain., never attempting to refer to the empirical, the apparent, but to remain there, trapped in the human skull where they are safe, malleable, easily changed, forgotten, twisted.
For the common douche-bag philosophy is about seduction, manipulation, not for any other reason but for human primal needs: sex, power.
Philosophy is reduced to the base...and yet they claim progressivity.
Enlightenment, for them, means returning to the primitive, but this time reinvented, compartmentalized, selected based on its merits of "ought to be".

You see it, real time, on ILP.
Every topic becomes about how they prefer things to be...what they value is what is valuable to them on a visceral, instinctive level.

For them being intellectual means releasing your imagination from reality, to explore vastness of how things should be, which is ironically, the product of the basest, most primal parts of human nature: fear, lust.
They are "free" from nature, which paces a limit on the extent a man can imagine fulfilling his carnal needs.  


Notice how every single topic becomes about subjectivity rising to the level of an ideal state.
Not objectivity.

Objectivity is terrifying. It is unpredictability, determinism, a lack of control, the human places outside the center of reality...it is impossible, in an absolute sense, so why not surrender to the subjective?

Perspectivism, cultural relativity, values a product of human tastes produced and focused on the immediate and nothing else.

They do not want to place the standard outside human artifices...because then they lose control, Their "ought" becomes a lollipop for kids.
Look at how they approach philosophy.
Say anything as a "this IS" how things are...and see how they interpret it as an "ought".
They are terrified of the is....this is nihilism.
A dissatisfaction with how the world has manifested, as a product of the past.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Science tries to objectify the world...treat it as an object, by detaching the observer from the observed, as much as possible.

Moderns want to subjectify it.
Contain the world within human emotions, desired, needs, hopes, fears.

Notice how the first attack is always on that level.
They like subjectivity, because then reality becomes a matter of perspective, taste, preference, desire.
Man as center of reality, rather as a creature struggling to survive within it.

Judeo-Christian mindsets have infected all aspects of the human condition...in our modern world.
Secularism is not a release from Judaism...it is an adaptation.

Look at the United states, the most powerful, unchallenged, superpower, of the modern world, still relying on insecurity, on playing the innocent, benevolent victim of global hatred.
A "super" power selling itself as insecure victim, to those it then imposes its will upon...the Jewish paradox.
Once the meek inherit the earth, are they still meek?  

Power as a miser...not the generosity of the pagan man.
The miserly man, the miserable, insecure man.
Man as eternal victim, hoarding, collecting, protecting his wealth.

When one enemy is gone the American Empire must find another “powerful” threat to remain the victim of.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Anfang



Gender : Male Virgo Posts : 1763
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 33
Location : CET

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:27 pm

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

That old sorcerer has vanished
And for once has gone away!
Spirits called by him, now banished,
My commands shall soon obey.
Every step and saying
That he used, I know,
And with sprites obeying
My arts I will show.

Flow, flow onward
Stretches many
Spare not any
Water rushing,
Ever streaming fully downward
Toward the pool in current gushing.
Come, old broomstick, you are needed,
Take these rags and wrap them round you!
Long my orders you have heeded,
By my wishes now I've bound you.
Have two legs and stand,
And a head for you.
Run, and in your hand
Hold a bucket too.

Flow, flow onward
Stretches many,
Spare not any
Water rushing,
Ever streaming fully downward
Toward the pool in current gushing.
See him, toward the shore he's racing
There, he's at the stream already,
Back like lightning he is chasing,
Pouring water fast and steady.
Once again he hastens!
How the water spills,
How the water basins
Brimming full he fills!

Stop now, hear me!
Ample measure
Of your treasure
We have gotten!
Ah, I see it, dear me, dear me.
Master's word I have forgotten!
Ah, the word with which the master
Makes the broom a broom once more!
Ah, he runs and fetches faster!
Be a broomstick as before!
Ever new the torrents
That by him are fed,
Ah, a hundred currents
Pour upon my head!

No, no longer
Can I please him,
I will seize him!
That is spiteful!
My misgivings grow the stronger.
What a mien, his eyes how frightful!
Brood of hell, you're not a mortal!
Shall the entire house go under?
Over threshold over portal
Streams of water rush and thunder.
Broom accurst and mean,
Who will have his will,
Stick that you have been,
Once again stand still!

Can I never, Broom, appease you?
I will seize you,
Hold and whack you,
And your ancient wood
I'll sever,
With a whetted axe I'll crack you.
He returns, more water dragging!
Now I'll throw myself upon you!
Soon, 0 goblin, you'll be sagging.
Crash! The sharp axe has undone you.
What a good blow, truly!
There, he's split, I see.
Hope now rises newly,
And my breathing's free.

Woe betide me!
Both halves scurry
In a hurry,
Rise like towers
There beside me.
Help me, help, eternal powers!
Off they run, till wet and wetter
Hall and steps immersed are Iying.
What a flood that naught can fetter!
Lord and master, hear me crying! -
Ah, he comes excited.
Sir, my need is sore.
Spirits that I've cited
My commands ignore.

"To the lonely
Corner, broom!
Hear your doom.
As a spirit
When he wills, your master only
Calls you, then 'tis time to hear it."

************************************

If there is no reason to guide one, no experience to draw from, then wishes are often short-sighted.
The 'ought', often covered under a cloak of all that is perceived to be good and grand, leads to disaster.

And in hindsight everybody saw it coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mo
Lamb


Gender : Male Aries Posts : 276
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Northerly

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Satyr wrote:
No "ought" when I explore reality.

You can derive values from the way the world is.

Once I know what a wrist watch is, I can understand what it ought to do---and thus I can say, (if it doesn't do what it ought), that it is a bad wrist watch. ('Bad' or 'good' is an evaluation). The same applies for creatures such as us. I ought to learn, because otherwise I am not good at being what I am.

Valuation is inextricably bound up with the world. It's the point of philosophy. You can see it in yourself, and what you just said. You think that people ought not let their values skew their perception of reality. You are not perfectly content with everything you've said about modern nihilistic douche-bags. Have a proof: If someone you cared about was turning into a nihilistic douche-bag, would you have an objection for them? Or would you twiddle your thumbs and c'est la vie?

We are not purely computing machines, that by neutral language chart the world in black and white. Values colour the world, because what's valuable just are a kind of fact about the world itself---a fact about the kind of creature that you are, and what is good for you. Objectivity of value is grounded in the world and what you are.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Mo wrote:

Once I know what a wrist watch is, I can understand what it ought to do---and thus I can say, (if it doesn't do what it ought), that it is a bad wrist watch. ('Bad' or 'good' is an evaluation). The same applies for creatures such as us. I ought to learn, because otherwise I am not good at being what I am.
A wristwatch is a product of intent, based on the experience of the world.

The concept of "thing" has no reference in the world but is a contradiction of it, a reaction to it.
Life is reactive.
It becomes pro-active when it accumulates energies...is successful, on the other words.

No bad/good...only useful, useless, in regards to the particular mind's quality.

Mo wrote:
Valuation is inextricably bound up with the world. It's the point of philosophy. You can see it in yourself, and what you just said. You think that people ought not let their values skew their perception of reality.
Because I'm human and bound by the medium of language and of human abstraction.

The phrase "There is absolutely no absolute" is another example.

Mo wrote:
You are not perfectly content with everything you've said about modern nihilistic douche-bags. Have a proof: If someone you cared about was turning into a nihilistic douche-bag, would you have an objection for them? Or would you twiddle your thumbs and c'est la vie?
My emotional judgments re other than my rational ones.

Mo wrote:
We are not purely computing machines, that by neutral language chart the world in black and white.
No, we are computing machines still trapped in binary linguistic codes. We are trying to become artistic, seeing shades, and expressing them using languages produced by binary codes.

How does one describe fluidity using abstract dualistic black-white codes?
Artistically....combining the black and white to make greys, or hues.

Mo wrote:
Values colour the world, because what's valuable just are a kind of fact about the world itself---a fact about the kind of creature that you are, and what is good for you. Objectivity of value is grounded in the world and what you are.
Yes, and they color them using emotions...hopes....needs.

Colors are meant to distinguish divergence, not to express preference.

When I say Negroes inherit a lower potential for intelligence, or abstract thinking, I am not saying I like it, or we ought to abuse this fact...I am describing an 'IS'.
What one does with this is up to him and his values, ideals, principles of conduct.

I color the world to discern, to discriminate, not to abuse, or kill or destroy.
Can this discernment lead to such actions?
Yes...but that's not my problem when discussing reality as it is.

I use values in reference to the past (nature), you use it in reference to the future, the ideal, the ought.
Does my practice color my ought...definitely.
It directs it more accurately, in my view. But I begin with a pure need to know, not to feel, to see only what I want.

What I do with what I see is an entirely different subject.
I use color to distinguish what has bee determined...then I project it as a ought.
My motive is to see, even what I do not want to see.
Does this affect what I think of and how I behave?
Definitely.
Do I construct values, ideals, based no what I saw.
I would be a fool not to.

You, and your kind, confuse the two.
You see only what you want to see, or you see and then hide it - you must keep it secret - and then you declare that all are like you.

THAT is a douche-bag...as an hypocrites.

Every damn conversation I've had became about me, my hypothetical motives, and how ill I was, or sexually frustrated or a loser.
This is YOUR ilk.
Everything I've described as being real, you fucks twisted into how I want things to be...because that's the only way you can think.

Life is not valuable because you like it.
There's an objective reason it is more valuable than death.
A temporal reason.
It is not a universal reason, something all enjoy equally.
Not ALL life is equally valuable, all the time.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:15 pm

When I describe male/female attributes I do not do so claiming one is better.
I, definitely, have a preference, and it shows in my language, but being a female is not bad, nor is being a male good.

Both male/female attributes participate in each and every individual...and each evolved for specific reasons, developing specific traits in greater degree, and others to a lesser degree.

Same goes for man and ape...human and canine.
Neither is better than the other, from an objective standpoint.
Each is superior in some areas and inferior in others. Depending on how you, as a person, evaluate these traits, and desire them for yourself, determines how you value them....but...

BUT, there is also a objective standard, separate form personal subjective tastes.

Time...flux.

My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of quantity and quality, stands.
I consider it the most objective I've come across.

I do not gain anything form these definitions...nor do I lose anything. I am challenged by them.
Do they instruct my behaviors?
Yes...otherwise what's the value of knowing if it does not aid you in your activities?
They would be valueless, given the definitions themselves.

If anyone wishes to reduce all qualities to quantities, or make value a matter of personal circumstances (how fuckin' easy), then this exposes them and their motives.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Mo
Lamb


Gender : Male Aries Posts : 276
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Northerly

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Satyr wrote:
You, and your kind, confuse the two.  
You see only what you want to see, or you see and then hide it - you must keep it secret - and then you declare that all are like you.

THAT is a douche-bag...as an hypocrites.

Every damn conversation I've had became about me, my hypothetical motives, and how ill I was, or sexually frustrated or a loser.
This is YOUR ilk.
Everything I've described as being real, you fucks twisted into how I want things to be...because that's the only way you can think.

'My kind'?

I've never made a conversation about your motives, how you were frustrated or a loser. Nor do I have a position that I'm hiding, or unwilling to defend. Nor can you say I see only what I want to see.

I say what I mean, fairly clearly. Look at my last post. How I make valuations should be patently obvious from that post. But you butchered it. You lost my post in the pieces you cut up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:57 pm

The ability to abstract something into its objective attributes does not nullify the ability to apply individual values to those attributes.

You say frailty is a weakness.
Does frailty remove worth from an object?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:01 pm

I placed value as something objective...the standard being temporal.

Frailty, by definition, is an inability to remain intact, for the long term.
It's value is determined by the time it manages to remain intact...in other words, relevant, useful, interactive.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:07 pm

the more frail, the less persistent, the more rare, the greater value

your measure of value, in our little example, is functional, while mine is aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Rare does not mean frail.
Rare may mean it takes longer to emerge, and longer to disappear.

Life is rare, in the universe...but it is persistent.
Intelligence is also rare, yet far stronger, a more persistent survival tactic than speed, strength, constitutions, and yes, even beauty.
THIS is why males dominate and females, though more aesthetically pleasing, are dominated.  
Intelligence is also about time....not some arbitrary word people pull out of their arse, describing everything from the inventor of peanut-butter, to an activist, and from a television star to a juggler.  

Aesthetic beauty, is about order.
Order is rare, in a universe that is a towards entropy.
Intelligence is mental symmetry....order in the brain.
It's advantage is efficiency, which has to do with the focused application of synergy, or aggregate energies.

Grace, eloquence, is also about focused energies...energies not lost in thrashing or ungainly actions.

When we speak of value we mean for an ordering mind...a life form.
What requires effort to emerge and to remain.
Frail only makes sense in relation to ordering, because chaos, disordering, happens with no effort.

Therefore, value only has meaning for a mind perceiving order, chaos being what cannot be perceived.
When we speak of time, change, we mean in this increasing entropy linear experience of existence.
Life being an ordering, it would be attracted to and value all instance of order...aesthetics being symmetry, which is another word for order.

Can we admire an ephemeral and fragile emergence of order?
Yes.
Is it valuable?
No. It's frailty, its quick passing makes it useless, valueless, except as an insight into the frailty of order, within entropy.

Order reminds us of what is passed...that primordial ONE, as Nietzsche called it, but which, for me, was not one.
It was an almost one.
This nearness to absolute symmetry, absolute order, the singularity, is what we perceive in the beautiful.

This is why order, and its fragility, in general, is valuable to an ordering organism.
The more persistent the ordering is, to entropy, the stronger it is....and so the more inspiring, and valuable it is.
Value is subjective only in the sense hat it reflects an objective reality.
Man, life, is attracted to order because he is ordering...and order is rare, in a universe tending towards randomness (chaos).
Man is not attracted to whatever he likes, for whatever reason he comes up with.

His nature (past) determines what he finds valuable and attractive, and aesthetically pleasing, and valuable.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 pm

Let's begin slowly.

Consciousness is a sophistication of life.
Consciousness can discriminate. To discriminate is to perceive, to distinguish, to be aware...of a pattern.
Patterns are forms of ordering. Life is a pattern.

Ergo only life can evaluate, can value.
To value is to place one thing in higher regard than another.
All judgments are value judgments, based on comparisons.
At its most basic to perceive, to discriminate, is to compare an ordering, in reference to a background complexity of orderings.

Plants discriminate when in the dirt they discover, uncover, expose, and then assimilate elements they need...to persist. They find those valuable, because they are contributing to the plant's ordering.
ordering only makes sense within a universe disordering, rending towards randomness (chaos).

Ergo, only for an ordering mechanism can order, or any element contributing to order, or exhibiting any degree of order, be valuable - only it can evaluate/discriminate.
Its tastes are linked to its temporal essence. They are not fashion statements, or choices of free-will, or flavors of the month....they are determined to be valuable by the very temporal essence of life, an ordering.

Similarly, sex is pleasurable BECAUSE it satisfies an innate, inherited, preprogrammed, biological need...not the other way around, as some imbeciles try to make it.

Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder...it has to do with symmetry...in both mind and body.
It has to do with identity, and a sense of self. we are attracted to what reminds us of ourselves, or is easy...path-of-least-resistance...or, depending on our self-esteem, we are attracted to a level of order superior to our own....to what "completes us".

The difference between agape and eros can be found here...in a psychological predisposition based on self-esteem, and self-knowledge...on identity.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:58 pm

This temporal standard is objective in that it is not determined by human whims, human cultural influences, human fashions...it precedes and determines them.

Homosexuality is unfit not because I hate homosexuals or find their practices disgusting, but because they are parasitical from a genetic standpoint.
They can only persist due to human interventions and due to sexual malformations, hormonal imbalances...and uncontrolled human reproduction passing on weak genes.

Men dominate not because I'm a man and I like to think so, but because their sexual role demands of them to think outside the social box....to challenge conformity, the alpha, the establishment. this is why philosophy, science, creativity is dominated by men....the quality of which surpasses anything a female can come up with, because a female follows trends, copies, imitates, tries to integrate, go by the rules, remain within the social harmony.

Blacks are not inferior just because I hate blacks or I'm insecure and am looking for someone to look down on...but because they are more than just pigmentation. their features are products of their entire history.
They not only do not produce anything of quality in today's world, barely creating social trends, but they never have...not even before the European man discovered them and took advantage of their nature.
Their entire history is base...primitive...physical not mental.

They make good entertainers, dancers, athletes, lovers, and not good workers, followers, thinkers...
No amount of edumacation will change this.
They may learn how to imitate, follow trends, copy...but they will never innovate anything that lasts...in time.
Not in the arts, the sciences, the intellectual fields.
Not even when they are mixed with European stock....they still fall short.

They can contribute, help, participate, help, but they do not revolutionize, expand, break intellectual barriers.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Feminism Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:36 pm

Quote :
Can we admire an ephemeral and fragile emergence of order?
Yes.
Is it valuable?
No. It's frailty, its quick passing makes it useless, valueless, except as an insight into the frailty of order, within entropy.

I beg to differ.

A thing with no value is not a thing worth of admiration.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Feminism Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:47 pm

Here is an object that is beautiful.



It has no use, no purpose, no function. We create this object because we simply like to look at it.
Its value is aesthetic.

It is orderly, but it is also frail.
Can we increase its worth by removing its fragility? (this is a question with a subjective answer)

phoneutria:
No. The very fragility of it is its worth. It is so delicate that it floats in the air. It exists for a moment and then it's gone.
If you imagine that in your lifetime you could only create one single soap bubble, you would prepare for that moment, you would absorb every second of that image while you could.

You can create an object visibly identical to this made of polystyrene, which will never break, will be just as beautiful in appearance, and it will end up on the floor of a play room.


My point

I can abstract objective attributes from an object, and I can understand what the objective value of those attributes are, but I can also apply my own subjective judgment of value on those attributes.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:16 pm

It's utility is in its symbolism.

It reminds us of our own ephemeral nature.

Again...we admire order.
It entails possibilities.
the bubble is a small piece of order, balance, in a chaotic reality.
It's the translucent spherical shape that makes it beautiful.
Is it useful?
Only if it is kept as a memory in a brain that is not so fragile and ephemeral.  

A test...
Would you give your life if it meant preserving the bubble?

Value is about time.
Resistance to entropy.

The bubble is a marvel because despite its seaming fragility it persists.
It is strong enough to resit.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Feminism Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:56 pm

It needs not have an utility!

I am convinced that you can not understand aesthetics.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:11 pm

Nature does not produce waste, dear.
The aesthetic sense is not only about enjoying the image.
it has to do with possibility.....health, virility....potential, and order.

You are lost in your romantic, idealism.
You don't ask why you think something is delicious, or smells nice...you just surrender to the sensation.
The universe was not created for your enjoyment, dear. It's not your amusement park.
You find things pleasing because it helps you in the survival game.

Never start thinking, dear.
I prefer you just the way you are...a simpleton, who thinks her stinger is deadly to a big ol' goat, like Satyr.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Feminism Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:23 pm

it is
only about beauty and nothing more
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 pm

I saw a pretty flower yesterday.

 flower 

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Feminism Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:03 pm

I saw a GORGEOUS flower in the mirror.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon


Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 12817
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 50
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Feminism Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:57 am

It made me sneeze.
I got mucus all over its delicate petals.
Bathed it...then ripped it to shreds paying "She loves me....she loves me not"

Apparently she doesn't.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Feminism Today at 10:03 am

Back to top Go down
 
Feminism
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Dissecting Feminism in a nut-shell
» Antony Hegarty - Future Feminism

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: