Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

The Culture of Kawaii

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

The Culture of Kawaii - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Culture of Kawaii The Culture of Kawaii - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Apr 2015 - 19:06

Lyssa wrote:
The Culture of the Kawaii: Thorsten Bornstein

Girl Heroes: The new force in popular culture

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: The Culture of Kawaii The Culture of Kawaii - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 May 2016 - 15:30

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: The Culture of Kawaii The Culture of Kawaii - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 May 2016 - 15:30

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: The Culture of Kawaii The Culture of Kawaii - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 May 2016 - 16:08

^ I thought I had seen it all when I saw the Japanese one years ago, I didn't know Korea was doing this badly
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: The Culture of Kawaii The Culture of Kawaii - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 18:30

Quote :
"Giles published his "naked love theory" of human hairlessness in 2010. He postulated that hairlessness in humans evolved as a result of the pleasure of skin-to-skin contact between mother and child, and thus ultimately as a consequence of bipedalism. According to Giles, naked skin is a precondition for the appearance of romantic love."

Vulnerability and care theory of love

Quote :
"‘The Naked Love Theory’ also helps to explain the evolutionary origins of romantic love. ‘One thing that distinguishes us from our closest primate relative is the intensity and duration of sexual intercourse,’ he says. ‘While sexual intercourse for chimpanzees typically lasts about seven seconds, with human beings it’s more like 10 minutes.’
One of the reasons for this, argues Dr Giles—who is also the author of ‘The Nature of Sexual Desire’—is the extensive caressing of naked skin that human beings typically enjoy in sexual intercourse due to our lack of fur. This provided the pre-condition for the extensive long-term romantic attachments that human beings are capable of. Although some other primates have long term attachments, our closest relatives tend not to have them or form only short-term consortships.
‘Numerous biological features were, of course, prerequisite for the emergence of romantic love, but without human nakedness and all that it entails for skin-to-skin contact, it is doubtful that romantic love as we know it would have ever appeared,’ he says."

Naked love theory

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Culture of Kawaii The Culture of Kawaii - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Culture of Kawaii
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2