YOU don't have to understand it.
You just have to accept it.
Or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:58 am

Hate = An extreme antipathy/rejection towards what we project as threatening our interest, goals, hopes, probabilities, as we imagine them and evaluate them.

Love = An extreme sympathy/acceptance towards what we project as beneficial to our interest, goals, hopes, probabilities, as we imagine and evaluate them.
When we speak of love we speak of an extreme form of sympathy/acceptance which may prove detrimental to our interests. This extreme form of sympathy is always associated with sex and its collateral effects, exposing its roots in lust: children, mates, parents, family.
The ancient Greeks divided love into two types:

Eros: the purest, most primal form of love, as it is necessary for parent/child bonding, and then for tribal bonding, based on sexual mutuality.
Erotic love is intuitive, instinctive, blind, primal...and females are more prone to suffer its effects.  
Agape: the more rational, cerebral, form of sympathy towards otherness, which may also bridge the sexual component. We also call this friendship.
Agape requires lucidity, rational judgement, awareness, and males are more prone to its effects.

The ancients rightly considered agape the stronger of the two, because the erotic is governed by natural cycles which are forever in flux, whereas agape was founded on pattern recognition that went beyond the immediate and the short cycles of nature.    

We always refer to a combination of the two when we use the term "love"...but in feminine cultures (memes) the erotic component is dominant, whereas in masculine cultures (memes), agape is dominant.

Both, love and hate, require contact, some experience/habituation, with the phenomenon we then grow to hate or love.
We grow to love or hate, because both emotions follow from experience with the other, the phenomenon, and both are projections of possibilities: one threatening, based on previous behaviour, and the other beneficial, based on previous behaviour.
Other than parental love, which is a love of self in the other, or through the other, love of the alien other is based on these factors and can turn either way (even love of child or parent can become hateful):

Trust - Consistency in behaviour.
Usually associated with beneficial, to us, consistency.
Habituation breeds comfort with the otherness - even the hated ceases to be hated, though it remains threatening and a source of anxiety/fear.

Commonality - Shared interests, goals, motives, ideals...shared genes/memes.
We feel sympathetic and antipathetic towards what agrees, or does not, with our interests, goals, ideals.
This is also called compassion, as we project self in the others place and share in their misery. our feelings towards them are really feelings towards self if we were in their place.  

Reciprocity - Relating, (inter)acting, results in hierarchies based on give-and-take.
What is given may be resources (stored energies, including ideas) or sensations (emotions, feelings, energies of immediate contact).
When and if this exchange is balanced, in benefit, to both parties, and in accordance to each side's evaluations, then it is a mutually beneficial (inter)action, if not then the party feeling wronged will become negative, emotionally, towards the other.        

Fear = An extreme anxiety towards the known, what we hate, and particularly towards what we do not know, and have no experience with, not being able to decide if it is threatening or beneficial.
It precedes experience and is a preparatory stage.
We can also feel fear in regards to what we are sympathetic towards.
We anxiety/fear for it, we feel anxiety/fear at the prospect of losing it or it withholding its benefits from us - anxiety/fear of being hurt by it or, having our interests and our investments in it (hopes, dreams, dependencies) being destroyed.

Anxiety/Fear is the primary emotion, and it underlies all other emotions.
It is a preparatory (re)actions towards the known threat, and the unknown, potentially threatening.
Given that the universe is mostly threatening, not positive towards life, and given that even the known can become threatening, as interests, goals, motives, alter, anxiety is a basic emotion of caution towards what we have no control over, and so always feel vulnerable before it.

Empathy: Despite popular opinion empathy does not necessarily result in compassion.
Empathy is the projection of self in the other's position (we walk in their shoes or we imagine ourselves in their circumstances)...and so how we feel towards self is vital in determining if this projection will become sympathetic, or antipathetic...or if it will result in pity or disgust.
Empathy is a way of getting into an other's head...so as to determine their benefit/threat to us.
Compassion: To co-participate, share, in the other's passion.
Usually associated with need/suffering, as this is the experience of living.
We are compassionate towards an other living creature means that we share in its experience of life as need/suffering.
If we pity it, then this pity is a redirected self-pity.    

Anxiety/Fear towards the known and unknown otherness must be dealt with before any contact can occur.
Lust is a form of madness, a sexually induced frenzy, which overpowers anxiety/fear; love is a lower grade form of lust, a self-numbing, so as to enable the contact required to make reproduction possible.
Where lust is a drumbeat, urging us to act, love is a steady hum.
This is more important when it concerns females, because it is the female who risks the most and suffers the most from sexual contact and reproduction...ergo lust/love are of great interest for the female sexual type.
It is only through this erotic lust/love that the female can reassure herself that her risks and costs will not go to waste and will not be taken advantage of.
If this did not occur then anxiety/fear would overwhelm the brain, and no contact, or proximity, would be possible.

Eros in females is short-lived, yet longer than it is in males...about as long as it takes for a human child to reach the level of some independence. If it does not then turn to agape then the sexual cooperation dissolves.
In nature this is necessary so that more genes are included into the gene pool - sexual promiscuity ensures just that.

Nature evolved a chemical method to make the copulating process less stressful.
Then this same method evolved into the social instinct, the social method.
Cooperation is, essentially, a form of copulation...of intercourse - (inter)action.        
Therefore, to make these cooperative, social, methods of survival possible, the anxiety/fear component, already present, had to be managed.
Not totally eradicated, but diminished so as to make copulation/cooperation, more efficient - increasing synergy.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Anfang wrote:
YOU don't have to understand it.
You just have to accept it.
Or not.
I understand your assumptions. I understand Satyr's assumptions.

I disagree with both and think they're unjustified.

But it's cool. If I disagree with either you, it's only because I don't understand. I get it. I have no integrity. I am not seeking understanding. I am not seeking truth. I get it.

You caught me. I will forever go forth in shame.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:02 pm

Schmoe, you should read, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even going with your statement that today there's not much to fear and the parameters of fear today can be reasonably out-predicted, there is still the attitude,

"Under peaceful conditions, a warlike man attacks himself." [N., BGE]

What is known is even rendered unknown to constantly elevate yourself. Be it times of danger, or times of peace. Fear builds self-discipline.

A sword taken out too often goes blunt, and a sword left sheathed for long rusts.

What's important is not let the inter/action between the apollonian drive to separate and the dionysian drive to bind, go stale or lopsided in a rigidity.
Its esp. in times of peace, Fear is useful in shaking off complacency.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Lyssa,

That's a fair point. What does it assume?

That fear is the only thing that can motivate a person. If one has the objective to understand themselves, to grow in power - then if they've any sense, they be aware of endless shortcoming within themselves that can be address.

One need not expect attack or threat in order to elevate oneself.

----

I got bored reading Satyr. If you're interested in communicating his beleifs, please summarize them. I don't enjoy reading through his work. He repeats himself too much.

Satyr says to be cynical. That it's wise to be cynical. To maintain fear.

I don't advocate removal of all fear. I was trying to make a point in regards to love. If a man's running at you with a knife, it's healthy and wise to feel fear. To have adrenaline pumping.

What I say is this:

If one has confidence in their own capacity to protect themselves, then they can relax. Man doesn't fear being beaten by a child. The man has confidence, that if the child ever tried to attack, that he could overpower.

Man can judge his environment. Use his own wisdom and skills to decide what the optimal response to an environment is. Fear isn't going to stop someone from poisoning your food. Recognizing the type of person with an interest in poisoning your food, is optimal, or better, don't eat food prepared by others.

One can weigh the pros and cons of any act and it's positive/negative repercussions. We can choose when to trust, and when to distrust.

I want people to have the capacity to choose. Not be dictated to by their emotions.

----

I do not live in fear of someone hurt a loved one of mine. I understand it's possible, and I will to improve the capacity of the people around me to be able to respond well to adversity. To be competent.

If someone hurt my family, I would not be afraid. I would be angry. I would want to get a knife or a gun, and harm whoever did it. I wouldn't consider my own safety, even if I died in the process, I'd be satisfied in knowing that I'd inflicted damage on the other.

If I survive, people will know. If you step into my circle, I will attack you. Let them be afraid.

I value things. I enjoy being with what I value, and I dislike others harming what I value. I enjoy creating and perpetuating what I value. My motivation is not fear of losing what I value, rather, joy in embracing what I value.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Lyssa,

That's a fair point. What does it assume?

That fear is the only thing that can motivate a person. If one has the objective to understand themselves, to grow in power - then if they've any sense, they be aware of endless shortcoming within themselves that can be address.

A person knows himself Most when he's most threatened which calls up and evokes every knowledge and resource he has at his disposal.
What has value and what doesn't, and what stands where only becomes clear and apparent during peaks of danger. Self-knowledge is always not what you come up with sitting comfortably and ruminating in your security.

Quoting this same old quote,

"Now, we all live, comparatively speaking, in far too great security for us to ever acquire a sound knowledge of man: one person studies him from a desire to do so, another from boredom, a third from habit: it is never a case of: 'study or perish!'. As long as truths do not cut into our flesh with knives, we retain a secret contempt for them: they still appear to us too much like 'winged dreams', as though we were free to have them or not have them - as though there were something in them which stood at our discretion, as though we could awaken from these truths of ours!" [N., Daybreak, 460]

Quote :

One need not expect attack or threat in order to elevate oneself.

Schmoe, Read. Is that what I said?

I said, even when no one's attacking or expecting to be attacked, even in times of peace, the warlike man attacks himself to overcome his stagnant inertia.

Have you ever attacked yourself? Have you ever attacked all the "truths" that console and comfort you? And preserve you safe in your peace of mind?

----

Quote :

I got bored reading Satyr.

I know; we can't all be as entertaining as you.

You are so tickling...

"The explanation of our physical return as a manifested cell is determined by the angel from which we fell healing. This is what philosophy explains.

We were once an angel as a family in light. We knew we had a Father who created us, but he was higher than us. He created 1 angel too many that caused his family to have the same sound as his own body. The first angel in his family had its own body, and its song was also sung in every family member as a new family member was created. This angel
was sung out of its sound status as the first and was placed in the last angel position. This involved the Father moving his spirit into the first position and flowing into his family to keep them safe, keeping his own self intact as the Creator and our Father.

The first and last angel was the same angel who was pushed out of its light family. This angel because of the created act, fell as the loss of sound moved out of its Heavenly light position that caused its fall, therefore as light sound left Heaven, we as the angel also fell in light. We fell into a lower light Heaven. Our angel body broke apart. The back of our angel cell that caused us to be 1 huge angel cell became Nature...and the angel separated into billions of human
light bodies. These Light bodies became the manifestation of life, as the sacrifice.

Our Father in his own higher light Heaven kept us in his Heaven's sound and therefore sacrificed a part of his own angelic sound to form the sound for Nature and our human life. Until this is healed our angel goes through a system of human/nature born and dying whilst living, causing a system for the higher healed light body to heal and move back into the angel, and the angel keeps releasing new bodies for new life ahead of us. So the angel actually keeps incarnating up until the time when it can keep its angelic body as one completed body in light. Therefore only 1 angel is reincarnating, but the light sound belonged to many angels. This is what causes us to be unique as a human cell and it is why it was known that Nature was a part of our own spirit."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
If you're interested in communicating his beleifs, please summarize them. I don't enjoy reading through his work. He repeats himself too much.

YOU came here to be Challenged. Who gives a shite if you enjoy or don't?? He doesn't write for you.

Quote :
I don't advocate removal of all fear. I was trying to make a point in regards to love. If a man's running at you with a knife, it's healthy and wise to feel fear. To have adrenaline pumping.

What I say is this:

If one has confidence in their own capacity to protect themselves, then they can relax. Man doesn't fear being beaten by a child. The man has confidence, that if the child ever tried to attack, that he could overpower.

And how many times should Satyr repeat,,, you only fear when you risk losing something valuable to you.
Why don't you give that child a gun, and then speak of love...

Quote :

Man can judge his environment. Use his own wisdom and skills to decide what the optimal response to an environment is. Fear isn't going to stop someone from poisoning your food. Recognizing the type of person with an interest in poisoning your food, is optimal, or better, don't eat food prepared by others.

One can weigh the pros and cons of any act and it's positive/negative repercussions. We can choose when to trust, and when to distrust.

I want people to have the capacity to choose. Not be dictated to by their emotions.

And its to this, he's pointed out today,

"Trust - Consistency in behaviour.
Usually associated with beneficial, to us, consistency.
Habituation breeds comfort with the otherness - even the hated ceases to be hated, though it remains threatening and a source of anxiety/fear.

See, this turd confuses knowledge for consistency.
He knows what a tornado is, and in his tiny mind he can predict one....Seen that, done that...wind, gusting, yadda-yadda-yadda....old shit.
For this turd, though he may claim he is complex, men are also predictable because they've been indoctrinated, they pretend, they lie, they say one thing and do something else.
The turd needs certainty, and if being simpler than what he is is what it takes to live in certainty, then so be it...he will be proud to be simple.

No, he is not retarded...he is...spaced-out...no...no...he is special."

----

Quote :
My motivation is not fear of losing what I value, rather, joy in embracing what I value.

The above is valid only in a Dionysian paradigm. But in a dionysian paradigm, value judgements are made beyond pain and pleasure.

Yet, your value-judgements are still embedded between pain and pleasure as you're against even attacking yourself.

You have openly stated you are on ILP because you value their support and help.
Expanding and thinning away the surface area of your self by spreading it wide, you lessen the pain/fear. Shared suffering is lighter and makes you feel bolder and safer.

How much solitude could you endure before you soaked up an ILP cushion to thin your fears?

You call this self-dependence on ILP - self-joy and self-assuredness?

Go back to sleep and dream of angels and safe white fluffy things... you are clueless.

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:44 am

A whore, when she gives her love away for the price of a doughnut, will also justify herself to herself, by pretending she is a humanitarian, spreading joy to the men who remain loveless.

Respect is about intimidation, anxiety/fear.
We usually associate it with a direct threat, because simple minds can only comprehend the direct, the loud, the obvious.

But when we respect our teachers, our parents, our "nephews" (particularly when we cannot have children of our own), our lovers, our bosses, our friends...it is because they have power over us.
Their power consists not in a direct threat, but an indirect, probability: the withholding of what we need.

In the case of a direct threat what we need is our health, physical we-being, our life.
In the case of an indirect threat the other is a source we are dependent upon for something.
Our dependence is our weakness, our vulnerability, towards them - they have power over us.
It may not be the loss of life but the loss of something far more precious, to us: companionship, resources, support, purpose, genetic continuance, comforting, camaraderie, etc.

No respect, no discipline.
Fearlessness, only possible within sheltering circumstances (parental or institutional protection), is care-freeness, carelessness, an infantile state where, in nature, the brain develops through the exploration of envirnment, under the watchful eye of a more anxious parent.

When we speak of feminization, we mean the retention of males, and females, in a state of adolescence - retarded development.
There is a reason why, and I will not repeat it again. These protective services are not without a motive...not selfless.

If the mind is protected long enough it becomes infantile forever. It develops an erroneous sense of entitlement, it detaches from reality, it becomes more vulnerable to fear/anxiety, it becomes gullible, easily manipulated, hedonistic, materialistic, institutionalized.
We can call this domestication.
The doe-eyed, cuteness of a child, who remains a teenager: seeking thrills, taking cues form pop-culture, and judging himself and his life by those fantastic standards.
Drinking, fucking, getting high, acting like a moron, causing a stir, giggling when you shit on someone's car...the Jackass lifestyle, becomes the height of success.
These high-school pranks, and stunted television, Hollywood, frame of mind, becomes the ideal state of mind.

Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Quote :
"Justice with many Men, is only the Fear of having what is our own taken from us. This makes them tender of their Neighbour’s Property, and careful not to invade it. This fear holds Men in, within the Compass of that Estate, which Birth or Fortune hath given them, and were it not for this, they would continually be making Incursions upon one another." [Rochefoucauld, Moral Maxims and Reflections, 531]

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:39 am

Fear is not the opposite of love - hate is.
Anxiety brings about hate and love...the first as a rejection, a repulsive (re)action, the second as an assimilating, attracting (re)action; the first discriminates, differentiates, distinguishes, complicates, clarifies, identifies, brings to light, the second obscures, generalizes, levels, simplifies, uniforms, compartmentalizes, obscures, protects, hides in the shadows.

What is anxiety?
A preparatory state, in regards to a perceived otherness.
It is the unpredictability of the otherness that necessitated the evolution of these simple, automatic, (re)actions.  
It is the otherness, and its unknown nature, which causes anxiety - fear being its extreme.
But anxiety can also be produced by the known, the familiar... and the needed.
When we need the other it holds power over us in that (s)he can withhold what need we satisfy through it.

Need produces care.
When we care we do not only cultivate we also have an interest in the other.
The other possesses the potential, the possibility, for what we are interested in.
Disinterest means we have no need in the other...it has no potentials, it proposes no possibilities which hold an interest for us.
We are indifferent towards it, and by being indifferent we express our independence from it. That which we are indifferent towards cannot satisfy nor dissatisfy a need in us,in our own judgements. It has no possibilities in regards to our needs.

Anxiety is the result of a profound dependence, an indisputable interest in the otherness and its potentials, its possibilities, which lay beyond our control.
It is these possibilities which fill us with anxiety because the otherness is not only out of our wilful control but it is itself not in total control of its own destiny, because it is a part of a fluid existence of constantly altering (inter)activities.      

The opposite of anxiety/fear, is not love, but indifference.

Hate is the opposite of love.
Love assimilates, focuses on the similar, ignoring differences, it levels down, simplifies, it makes the otherness familiar, reducing the anxiety we feel in relation to this otherness in which we hold an interest.

What is this interest?
It is a satisfaction, or potential satisfaction (projection) of a need.
Need is primarily a self-maintenance, which if sufficiently satisfied can result in growth: creation, procreation - production, reproduction.

Need is the sensation of temporality, suffering being its extreme.
The thought of suffering fills us with anxiety, rising to fear, terror.
We respect the other because it has what we need, and what we need is self-maintaining - a matter of life or death.
We have an interest in satisfying needs, and the sources of this satisfaction interests us immensely, or in proportion to the amount of need they can satisfy.
This otherness, though familiar, holds in its possibilities, which we cannot control, the satisfaction of a need in us.
By respecting it, showing it reverence, loving it, we bring it near, abating this anxiety/fear - we make it our own, staking our claim.

If we have no potential, ourselves, to find more than one source to satisfy this need, the object we satisfy our need through rises in value. Our anxiety, concerning its possibilities, rises.

What and who we respect exposes the need which dominates our minds.

Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:03 pm

MacDonald: Warmth as a Developmental Construct - An Evolutionary Analysis

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:32 am

Emotion = nexus between mind/body.
Automatic (re)actions to stimuli, evolved over time to facilitate particular behaviors, and to make survival (re)actions more effective by making them more efficient - the automation of (re)actions offers an advantage in the fight/flight mechanism, and later, with the evolution of what are termed the "positive emotions" the automation facilitates the calming/numbing of the primary (re)actions so as to make heterosexual reproduction and, later on, cooperative survival strategies (socialization) possible.  
The neural network is the conduit, bringing together internal and external (inter)activities, and the agitations, upon the neural system, they produce.

Passion = the direction of need, produced by internal organ/cellular hierarchies, (inter)activities, through the nervous system, upon an object/objective.
The primary care of all organisms (self-organizing emergent unities) is self-maintenance - the ordering within the Flux of existence (world) is interpreted, sensed, by the organism as a insatiable need - the constant (inter)activity, resulting in attrition, results in a constant need for energies, to be assimilated and integrated into the emergent organization.
The mind is often directed to understand the "negative" passions so as to control and repress them; but any similar explorations of the "positive" ones is not encouraged, as this would diminish their mystical power over the psyche - some passions are deified, sanctified, placed on a idealistic pedestal where nothing can soil their "purity".

Their holy benevolence can now be surrendered to with blind trust - faith.
In fact, it is this surrendering which makes them potent, and what is most encouraged.
For instance....delving too deeply into what "love" is demystifies the emotion and renders it less potent; less mind-numbingly pleasing, and so less spontaneous.
Here, the underlying need is expressed as a longing for the absolute, as in completion, unity, Being, rather than Becoming.  

Positive/Negative usually means emotions that persuade or dissuade social harmonization - a self-interested survival strategy, guided by anxiety/fear, which is then cleansed of all selfish motivations.  
Anxiety/fear is perceived as underlying the "bad/evil" emotions, but denied presence in the "good" ones.
The defensive strategy actually makes a reluctance to surrender, or a need to explore both good and bad emotions, a symptom of fear - a shaming strategy.
The unruly passions are founded on fear, whereas any mention of the ruly ones as being (re)actions to fear, and coping mechanisms, will also be explained as a product of fear.
So, not only are the "good" emotions free of anxiety/fear foundations, floating in the heavens, but any demystification of them is also a product of anxiety/fear - an anxiety monopoly; a derivative of the Cult of Victimhood where only the chosen can be the primary victims, all others being secondary victims, and/or aggressors.

For example: to claim there are psychological/intellectual differences, of potential, between females and males, or to mention how race fits into Evolution Theory, is to be directed by anxiety/fear, whereas to deny all sex and race differences, in potential, or to refuse to analyze homosexuality within the evolutionary paradigm, is not directed by fear.
This is the process of purification...making sacred.
The concept is detached from the worldly and made pure noetic device - pure platonic idea(l).
This detachment is essentially a de-referencing of the symbol (word/number, representing an abstraction), from the phenomenon - a closing of the neural network to any externally produced stimulation.
The brain is now becoming solipsistic, in that it only (re)cognizes internal stimulants (emotions, sensations, abstractions), and only external ones if they are also a product of internal processes (intersections) void of external "pollutants".

When the internal stimulants can only be interpreted via knowledge (second-hand experiences), or codified and adopted as scripture, idea(l)s with their own corrective and corruptible motives, the mind has become encased with noetic artificiality.
Nothing coming into its brain via its sense organs can convince it to let go of its already established comforting views.
It's analysis of knowledge, coded experience, is processes using emotional filters, and then rationalized subjectively.
Rather than its subjectivity being objectively based, its objectivity is subjectively constructed.
This is the nihilistic reversal of psychology - a psychosis presenting itself as health, as normality.      

Consciousness = self-maintenance is automated and requires no consciousness.
Consciousness evolves later to make the process more efficient.
Because consciousnesses is directed outward, through the sense organs, and only experiences self innately, as sensation, anxiety/fear is the first emotion to evolve in relation to an unknown world of alien otherness.  
Self-consciousnesses = is a further sophistication of this tool.
Emotions are evolutions of sensations.
They are (re)actions to conscious (re)actions, produces by internal and external stimuli - agitations on the neural network.
As such emotions evolve in more sophisticated, neurologically speaking, organisms.
They are conscious (re)actions/interpretations of unconscious automatic (re)actions, agitations, neurological stimulation.
As such emotions represents an evolutionary step towards reasoning, as they are the consciousness of consciousness, where most of the stimulants, agitation, remain obscure and unconscious.

Consciousness is a product of part of the brains aggregate processes controlling and directing the organisms (inter)activities.
Self-Consciousness is a product of a part of this part of the brain's aggregate processes controlling and directing the organisms (inter)activities, now including its consciousness. it is a further step in knowledge, which makes control possible.  
Without knowledge and understanding there is no possibility for control.
Therefore, to know and understand what emotions are makes controlling them more possible (probable).            

Pleasure = The need pulls at the organism, is felt as desire, longing, in its more sophisticated manifestations.
The organism is directed towards objects/objectives to satisfy these pressing needs - the decrease in need to a level where it no longer presses upon the conscious brain, is called pleasure.

(Pro)Creativity = once the organism's needs are placated, or reduced to a level where they no longer stress the organism, what leftover energies are accumulated can be directed towards growth, and or (pro)creativity.
In more sophisticated organisms this excess must be expelled, directed once more via the neural network, towards a projected object/objective - these excess energies are called libidinal, in its primal form, and are what we experience as human creativity.
The object/objective becomes both a source for assimilating energies - feeding needs - and then as a projection to expunge all excess energies.
Stress is felt in both cases, as the energies are funneled, in both directions inwards/outwards), via the neurological networks.
The organism is motivated to deal with stresses, either by feeding the needs that produce them, as an internal agitation, or by expelling excess energies accumulated in the process, by projecting them outwards, as nervous energy, sexual intercourse, laughter, or libido directed towards artistic creativity.
Stress is this neurological agitation produced by constant stimulation.          

Brain = neural hub where these sensations, and emotions (sensual stimulation) are processed/interpreted.
The neural network, stimulated by internal processes, directs these stimulations towards the brain where they come into contact with stimuli, directed toward the brain, through the sensory organs.
The brain evolved to bring together and process all stimulation to the neural network so as to make them more efficient.
Need being a fundamental aspect of living, makes the brain a tool for dealing with needs before they rise tot he level of suffering/pain, or to any conscious level which would be discomforting.
As such only organisms with brains can experience pleasure as the decrease - sudden or gradual - in need, tending towards falling below consciousnesses (comfort).  

Will = a mental agency focusing and directing the organism's aggregate energies, including the automatically produced emotions.

Reason = the brain's ability to perceive patterns, assimilating them into larger models (abstractions), and projecting them (in space/time) using the imagination so as to preempt phenomena.
The advantage gained is that of preparatory focus, where the immediate is integrated into a broader picture that is valuable beyond the immediate.

Imagination = the analysis of experiences/knowledge (first and second hand data), so as to discover (uncover, reveal) patterns. These patterns can then be projected into the unknown, turning the possibilities into higher/lower probabilities.
The quality of the brain, and its objectivity (clarity due to a control of emotional reactivity), will determine the quality of said projections.

Objective/Subjective = the degree to which the projection can be detached from personal interests, desires, passions, hopes (as antidotes to anxiety/fear), will determine the objectivity, a degree of subjectivity, of the projection.

Courage = not the absence of anxiety/fear, but its control by reason.
To deny anxiety/fear in your thinking, is to become a dominated by it - denial is not an escape.
Courage as it manifests as a degree of subjectivity, we call objectivity - similar to how pleasure is a degree of need/suffering, and strength is a measure of weakness, and knowledge is a measure of ignorance - is a form of lucidity produced by controlling emotions, the passions; directing them towards objectives, rather than be directed by them.

Human judgement is made more objective not only is intelligence is present in the organism, but, also important, when it has the endurance, strength, to tolerate what is exposed to it.
Courage is essential in lucidity, because an brilliant mind, directed by emotions, denying fear as a fundamental component in the human condition (psyche), will have its processing corrupted by anxiety/fear.
No matter how intelligent it is, or how sophisticated its brain, it will have its analysis, and projections warped by personal anxieties and the methods (hopes, desires, noetic devices) it uses to deal with them.             

In the Platonic symbolization of the human psyche as a charioteer pulled by two horses, the two horses represent the division of passions into agreeable and disagreeable - positive and negative.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The passions can also be divided, within this paradigm, in relation to anxiety/fear:
Those that direct anxiety, towards otherness, and those that directed inwards, towards ego (self).
In the former case the emotions are expunged, in the latter they are sublimated, resulting in the ruly and unruly dichotomy represented by the two horses.

Feminine/Masculine = evolved types facilitating particular reproductive roles. The sex of the individual determines the quality of the will, and the dynamics, and vigor of the particular emotions.      

Surrender to emotions, whether positive/negative ones, is to surrender to automatic (re)actions; a giving-into the irrational automatic (re)actions to stimuli as these have evolved over time, is a giving-into the primal animal aspects of the human psyche.
Irrational in the sense that reason must make sense of them after-the-fact. In other words, the brain need not be engaged consciously during the (re)actions to the stimuli but can only process and evaluate the outcome after the (re)action has taken place.
This [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] method represents a primitive form of reasoning, as it automatically (re)acts to the world and then attempts to justify and understand the outcomes.
In its more cohesive form it projects the absent absolute, as a given, and then works backwards, trying to justify its validity.
Essentially the psyche motivated by primal authorizations, and non-specific needs (often rejected as factors), establishes an object/objective, and then (after-the-fact) justifies it using reason; often the last stage acquires an air of aloof, passionless, coldness (intellectualism), to mask its emotional, heated, roots with pretense.

This uncontrolled (re)activity to stimuli, presented as a modern idea(l) (spontaneity, emotionalism, altruism, nihilism) underscores the average modern's thinking, from Judeo-Christianity to secular humanism - with Marxism being an intermediate stage - and then sold as the height of human reasoning (enlightenment).

This top<>down thinking also facilitates the justification of nihilistic idealism, often taking on a positivist form as romanticism, or the aforementioned secular humanism (associated with altruism, empathy automatically resulting in compassion, a shared passion).
Once the desired is projected as a starting proposition, or assumed as being self-evident, then all that remains is to explore experiences/knowledge to find validating data.
Failing to find any the mind easily succumbs to the seductive alternatives of human idea(l)s, represented by words/numbers, and the sense of comfort and certainty they offer.
At this stage numbers and words are not symbolic representations of a fluid world (temporally linear: towards increasing entropy) - a world in perpetual Flux (inter)activity - but are more real than reality.
The emerge of the code; the noetic inversion we call Nihilism.
The noumenon no longer follows from the phenomenal, but the phenomenal is an extension of the noumenon - this inversion represents an inversion of sense data, via the neural network.  
Whereas phenomena stimulated the sense organ, transmitting data, after these stimulation had been interpreted into neural pulses, to the brain for processing (interpreting, abstracting), now the brain, fabricating abstractions by selectively using preexisting data, projects upon the world its own constructs.

This is a far easier process only if there is a system present to protect the organism from any dire consequences.
The temptation to project over the world a desirable alternative cannot be resisted by an organism challenged by an indifferent cosmos. The noumenal, owing to the fact that it is malleable, can easily become the preferred alternative to a cold and unforgiving universe.
The noumenon gains a psychological upper-hand over the unknown, uncontrolled, unless known, phenomenon - the alien otherness which the phenomenon represents fills the organism with anxiety/fear.
By dealing with it in the easiest way possible, covering it up with noetic devices, the organism achieves comfort - the cost is often not perceived.
As noted, this easy way out is only possible when shattering is already present. The cost/benefit, tilts towards the benefit, the mind trying to avoid what it has scarified to enjoy this state of comfort.
It all becomes win/win, and anyone daring to mention the possible costs is to be slandered, and silenced.    

In the natural world this inversion would result in a quick outcome. The brain would be culled out of the gene pool, but within human environments where sheltering protects such inversions - so as to create internal harmony by restricting contact with reality.
As a consequence this inversion can now fabricate, using preexisting, noetic ideals, which the organism simply adopts (trained, educated, manipulated) as self-evident, and then project said fabrications (abstractions) over the phenomenal world - essentially burying, covering it up, forgetting about it (lethe).
This is the detachment offered to a desperate for escape psyche. The ease and the comfort/certainty, offered is its seductive element - maknig all such ideals popular - particularly in a world where unrestricted reproduction, and memetically directed sexual options, have allowed inferior psychologies to flourish.    

The world must now be integrated into their premises, rather than they adjusting to the world's agitations.        

In most cases the mind, motivated by emotional criteria, creates rational justifications (subjective) and world-views, which can then be expressed in a passionless way, pretending an objective rational foundation.
In some cases the mind, motivated by a control, and sublimation of emotions, constructs rational justifications and world-views, which can then be expressed in a passionate way.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:30 pm

Simplicity...

Basic propositions.

To need is to care.
To care is to show interest.
The level of disinterest/indifference, indicates the level of independence, uncaring, low degree of need.

Anxiety is a heightened sense of caring.
We are concerned and preoccupied with what we need - we care about it and feel anxious in regards to it.
We value what we need - the more we need it the more value we ascribe to it.

All caring is selfish, as it expresses a need of self - self feeling its own existence as perpetual need, in varying degrees and directed towards various objects/objectives. the latter can be memetically (socially, culturally, manufactured by connecting the object/objective with the need).

Respect = anxiety/fear.
It is a form of intimidation.  

We respect what can withhold from us what he value.
The otherness, which we have little, if any control over, is beyond our direct willful manipulation.
In order to control it we must project our will, and then we remain uncertain about its own willful actions, choices.

The other can withhold from us something we value in ourselves - our money, our life, our well-being, our loved one...etc.
It can also withhold itself from us, denying, to us, what we need in it - its support, companionship, sex, friendship, presence, direction, teaching, its feelings, its kindness, love, and its respect.

Our anxiety at the prospect of losing the things we value, makes us show reverence, towards what we need - sometimes our reverence reaches the point of deference.
We may defer our will, our understanding, our, self-control, to the other.

Where there is no need,there is no caring.
Where there is no caring there is no respect.
In a sheltering human environment caring diminishes in proportion to the reduction in anxiety/fear.
The more certain, comfortable, the mind is the more it lacks concern, fear, respect.

To ensure internal order the system promotes controlled levels of anxiety, producing a constant activity, and caring, directed towards the institution through which the system projects its power.
Respect towards others declines, as the system prevents threats derived from individuals.
In place o the decline in respect directed to individuals, the system places its institution.
The individual no longer respects the individual but the institution which forces him to pretend that he cares and respects him/her.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:45 am

Emotion is the only way the average Nihilist can bridge the distance between consciousness, sensation, and self-consciousness.
He reverts back to his primal nature, using the neural network as his foundation, and then stays there, surrendering to the sensation/emotion.
He makes of himself an animal, a manimal, to escape what reason is exposing him to about himself and the world.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:01 pm

Seduction entails a bringing into the open of what is already present in the other.
The other feels as if (s)he is acting freely, because what is being exposed has always been there, hidden.
Force entails a imposition of will, forcing the other to give-in, and to pretend to be other than himself/herself.
It is to make the other lie.
Seduction is intellectual...force always involves an element of physical threat, which is anti-intellectual.
It forces a intellectual hiding away, even while it is pretending to be openly submitting.

The degenerate feels pride in the second, because (s)he is incapable of inspiring the first.
His/Her need, desperate and obsessive, settles for what it can get.
But it can never satisfy him/her, because (s)he knows it is fake.

Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Satyr wrote:

In the Platonic symbolization of the human psyche as a charioteer pulled by two horses, the two horses represent the division of passions into agreeable and disagreeable - positive and negative.

The passions can also be divided, within this paradigm, in relation to anxiety/fear:
Those that direct anxiety, towards otherness, and those that directed inwards, towards ego (self).
In the former case the emotions are expunged, in the latter they are sublimated, resulting in the ruly and unruly dichotomy represented by the two horses.

I am not sure I agree with you on the symbolism or meaning behind the Charioteer Allegory.

I was under the impression that it is not just the two horses that have meaning, but that the Charioteer himself is also an important part of the allegory of the soul. And it is also my understanding that both horses, the white and the black are both good obedient horses, but that the white was beautiful, ordered and peaceful but the black was ugly, unruly and chaotic. It is only through learning how to control both horses at the same time, that the charioteer (or soul) is successful.

Personally I understood the white horse to be the embodiment of rationality and reason, of morality and righteousness. And the black horse was more an embodiment of the irrational impulse, of passions, unreason and hungry behaviours. All of which, guided by a rational, intellectual soul, can navigate and win the race.

I didn't think they were negatives or opposites of each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 pm

The charioteer is "Reason", the horses are Passions. divided into good and bad passions.
Not antithetical to each other, but only good/bad in relation to the charioteer.

Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Satyr wrote:
The charioteer is "Reason", the horses are Passions. divided into good and bad passions.
Not antithetical to each other, but only good/bad in relation to the charioteer.

I don't see them as good or bad, because either might be good or bad in certain situations.

For instance, a child is in dire danger of harming himself.  The black horse would jump in on impulse where the white horse might weigh the odds in harming himself in the process. The charioteer must weigh the risk of both and decide. It's not good/bad, but simply which approach to take.  One might add the child's life, one might end his own.

How would one judge which is good or bad?

Excuse my ignorance if I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:02 pm

In relation to reason the passions that are controllable, and those that are not...

Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Satyr wrote:
In relation to reason the passions that are controllable, and those that are not...

Thanks for clearing up what you meant for me, Satyr. I appreciate your time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:41 am

PsychoSomatic Effect through neural network.

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:29 am

Awesome graphic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:52 am

Notice the correlation between anxiety, fear...anger, and between love and happiness...the sexual component in the first, as well as the absence of the sexual component in pride - self-love.

With love the other is the means, and so the sexual organs come into the picture.

Between anxiety/fear we see the agreement...the former being more pronounced, the latter ready for action, tentative.
Anger is this fear reaching a boiling point.

With contempt the sexual organs become cold...the other has zero possibilities, and is no means to any end.
He is a dead-end.
The emotional centralizing around the brain, and with disgust falling to the throat and stomach.

Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:19 am

I find it fascinating that pride and anger have similar patterns and that neither pattern seems to have anything to do with the sexual organs but both have a strong sexual response according to most social studies.

Sadness is interesting too, in that it has a completely new component that depression is lacking.

When I am sad enough to cry, I do feel that tightness and heaviness in my chest and throat.

I wish that they had done apathy and feelings of spirituality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:53 am

Satyr wrote:
Notice the correlation between anxiety, fear...anger, and between love and happiness...the sexual component in the first, as well as the absence of the sexual component in pride - self-love.

With love the other is the means, and so the sexual organs come into the picture.

Between anxiety/fear we see the agreement...the former being more pronounced, the latter ready for action, tentative.
Anger is this fear reaching a boiling point.

With contempt the sexual organs become cold...the other has zero possibilities, and is no means to any end.
He is a dead-end.
The emotional centralizing around the brain, and with disgust falling to the throat and stomach.    
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:22 pm

Arditezza wrote:
I find it fascinating that pride and anger have similar patterns and that neither pattern seems to have anything to do with the sexual organs but both have a strong sexual response according to most social studies.

I imagine that is the flow of that 'energy' into other regions when a relaxation sets in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Makes one wonder though...

If a man rapes out of anger during the emotion of anger does he feel it less sexually but more in his head and chest?

Do you think that is why men who rape have extremely high rates of recidivism, perhaps because it wasn't as satisfying sexually and it was all a rush because of the anger and not the sex?

A man who fucks his woman with pride for her and for himself at his prowess would feel the same rush it seems, possibly just as strong. Maybe that's why men like you to tell them what big cocks they have and how well you are pleased by them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Makes me think whether or not this scan is similar on average for both, men and women.
What is it that is actually illustrated in those scans? Heat (biochemical activity) or blood flow, or...?
About those emotional states - What is the emotional state of love in that scan? Is it rather a feeling of Eros or Agape? I think there'd be quite some differences between those two.

Some modern culture critics would say that rape is not about sex. I think that's a very wrong assumption. What if rape is very often about a horny feeling and low impulse control and low sympathy for the victim? That would be a much simpler explanation.

And Eros comes with a kind of aggression, at least for men - is that state shown in the 'love' category? Depends what kind of state they are talking about with that label.

Last edited by Anfang on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Arditezza wrote:

A man who fucks his woman with pride for her and for himself at his prowess would feel the same rush it seems, possibly just as strong.  Maybe that's why men like you to tell them what big cocks they have and how well you are pleased by them?  

No, I don't think men like women because sometimes they stroke their ego. Being able to "fuck well" is a small thing compared to being able fight well, in terms of a man's pride, if only because the latter is far more difficult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:24 pm

Don't know how, or why, this became about rape but all forms of violence have different roots, as do all forms of kindness.

The scans show blood-flow in preparation for an event, in (re)action to a stimulant.
They indicate energy, internal (inter)activity.
The body warming-up the muscles (pistons) and neural cells (spark-plugs), to direct fuel power energy.

The specific areas indicate an evolutionary, automatic, innate, past...requiring no awareness or, conscious, approval.
Control, through self-knowledge is this control over predetermined (re)actions.

Put that into perspective when dealing with your preferred topic of rape, or when you try to cleanup "love" from its undesirable sexual element.

Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:50 pm

It's not about rape, I was just using it as an example and was curious. And rape is certainly not a preferred topic.

I never have confused love and sex or thought they were components of each other.

Do you think these scans are more primal and less cerebral? Instinctual even?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:32 pm

High libido and inability to control/direct it elsewhere in the case of rape.
Emotions also being energy placement where one state can be causal of another.
Look at the depression schematic: static, all excess energy involuted, paralyzing the limbic system; "fed up" with an empty world, without desire for outer sustenance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:45 pm

Supra-Aryanist wrote:

Look at the depression schematic: static, all excess energy involuted, paralyzing the limbic system; "fed up" with an empty world, without desire for outer sustenance.

Would that make it chemical/inherited? I am not convinced all depression is caused by life and cynicism. I think it is possible that certain folks have a chemical imbalance that maybe sends the signals not to fire all those electrons that excite and cause reactions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Arditezza wrote:
Supra-Aryanist wrote:

Would that make it chemical/inherited? I am not convinced all depression is caused by life and cynicism.  I think it is possible that certain folks have a chemical imbalance that maybe sends the signals not to fire all those electrons that excite and cause reactions?

Yes, genetic, undeniably, but also epigenetic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:29 am

Cute how shame makes him blush.
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:18 pm

I guess it's cute from the perspective of the observer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:04 pm

I still don't understand why people delight in the suffering of others no matter how one was treated or acted in the past. Making jokes and poking fun at people in a mean spirited way that is usually exactly the way you felt treated.

On the off chance something does hurt someone, is it good to treat them poorly and make them feel more withdrawn from society?

Is shame an emotion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:11 pm

What...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:14 pm

I guess what I am asking is what causes shame? What's the root cause and if you don't encounter others, would shame exist at all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Shame = seeing self reflected in other, judged by a shared standard.

Therefore, the first requirement for shame is self-consciousness...and so no animal which is merely conscious, can experience shame.

The second requirement is a shared standard, a common value measurement...and so meme is essential.
Therefore, Judeo-Christianity induces shame, and guilt, by indoctrinating the brains it seduces into its memetic paradigm.
Now, it can manipulate using this shame.  

How does the modern avoid shame, becoming shameless, it loses all memetic foundations, adopting only the one which measures value using utility...and so being unproductive, unemployed is shameful...nothing else.
He can fuck his sister, stick objects up his anus, eat shit, stalk others as he declare himself strong, declare himself a genius, lie, steal with the shameless indifference of a child.

Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Emotions Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:47 am

Simplistic Overview of Hormones

Quote :
Oxytocin
Oxytocin creates intimacy, trust, and builds "healthy" relationships. It's released by men and women during orgasm, and by mothers during childbirth and breastfeeding. Animals will reject their offspring when the release of oxytocin is blocked. Oxytocin increases fidelity; men in monogamous relationships who were given a boost of oxytocin interacted with single women at a greater physical distance then men who weren't given any oxytocin.

Dopamine
Dopamine motivates us to take action toward goals, desires, and needs, and gives a surge of reinforcing pleasure when achieving them. Procrastination, self-doubt, and lack of enthusiasm are linked with low levels of dopamine. Studies on rats showed those with low levels of dopamine always opted for an easy option and less food; those with higher levels exerted the effort needed to receive twice the amount of food.

Serotonin
Serotonin flows when you feel significant or important. Loneliness and depression appears when serotonin is absent.

Endorphins
Endorphins are released in response to pain and stress and help to alleviate anxiety and depression. The surging "second wind" and euphoric "runners high" during and after a vigorous run are a result of endorphins. Similar to morphine, it acts as an analgesic and sedative, diminishing our perception of pain.
Along with regular exercise, laughter is one of the easiest ways to induce endorphin release. Even the anticipation and expectation of laugher, e.g., attending a comedy show, increases levels of endorphins.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emotions

Back to top Go down

Emotions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next