PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:22 am

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."

"Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs."

"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?"

---Joseph Stalin
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:00 pm

"Some time ago I wrote that of the two greatest dangers confronting Europe - Americanism and Communism. The first is the more insidious. " - Baron Evola
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:00 am

"The map is not the territory"

Alfred Korzybski

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:13 pm

John Adams wrote:
The Hebrews have done more to civilize men than any other nation. If I were an atheist, and believed blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations.
John makes a good point here.

But what is a civilized man? Is he not a tamed man? A broken-in man?

A defeated man?
Back to top Go down
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:32 am

Thirsty wrote:
"The map is not the territory"

Alfred Korzybski
Then people start to believe that the map is the territory, still later, they change the map and start to believe that they changed the territory. When enough people mistake the map for the territory then changing the shared map changes the territory for them - so they believe. All references to the outside are lost and the mind is now free to roll down the path of least resistance.

Thank you for the quote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:45 pm

"Levelling at its maximum is like the stillness of death, where one can hear one's own heartbeat, a stillness like death, into which nothing can penetrate, in which everything sinks, powerless. One person can head a rebellion, but one person cannot head this levelling process, for that would make him a leader and he would avoid being levelled. Each individual can in his little circle participate in this levelling, but it is an abstract process, and levelling is abstraction conquering individuality."
[Kierkegaard, The Present Age]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:27 am

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."
- (Luke 14:26)

Jeeessus...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:44 pm

"A main fact in the history of manners is the wonderful expressiveness of the human body. If it were made of glass, or of air, and the thoughts were written on steel tablets within, it could not publish more truly its meaning than now. Wise men read very sharply all your private history in your look and gait and behavior. The whole economy of nature is bent on expression. The tell–tale body is all tongues. Men are like Geneva watches with crystal faces which expose the whole movement. They carry the liquor of life flowing up and down in these beautiful bottles, and announcing to the curious how it is with them. The face and eyes reveal what the spirit is doing, how old it is, what aims it has. The eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul, or, through how many forms it has already ascended. It almost violates the proprieties, if we say above the breath here, what the confessing eyes do not hesitate to utter to every street passenger...

The eyes of men converse as much as their tongues, with the advantage, that the ocular dialect needs no dictionary, but is understood all the world over. When the eyes say one thing, and the tongue another, a practised man relies on the language of the first. If the man is off his centre, the eyes show it. You can read in the eyes of your companion, whether your argument hits him, though his tongue will not confess it. There is a look by which a man shows he is going to say a good thing, and a look when he has said it. Vain and forgotten are all the fine offers and offices of hospitality, if there is no holiday in the eye. How many furtive inclinations avowed by the eye, though dissembled by the lips! One comes away from a company, in which, it may easily happen, he has said nothing, and no important remark has been addressed to him, and yet, if in sympathy with the society, he shall not have a sense of this fact, such a stream of life has been flowing into him, and out from him, through the eyes. There are eyes, to be sure, that give no more admission into the man than blueberries. Others are liquid and deep, — wells that a man might fall into; — others are aggressive and devouring, seem to call out the police, take all too much notice, and require crowded Broadways, and the security of millions, to protect individuals against them. The military eye I meet, now darkly sparkling under clerical, now under rustic brows. ‘Tis the city of Lacedaemon; ‘tis a stack of bayonets. There are asking eyes, asserting eyes, prowling eyes; and eyes full of fate, — some of good, and some of sinister omen. The alleged power to charm down insanity, or ferocity in beasts, is a power behind the eye. It must be a victory achieved in the will, before it can be signified in the eye. ‘Tis very certain that each man carries in his eye the exact indication of his rank in the immense scale of men, and we are always learning to read it. A complete man should need no auxiliaries to his personal presence. Whoever looked on him would consent to his will, being certified that his aims were generous and universal. The reason why men do not obey us, is because they see the mud at the bottom of our eye."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:02 pm

''Hierarchies are celestial. In hell all are equal.''

''In societies where everybody believes they are equal,
the inevitable superiority of a few makes the rest feel like failures.
Inversely, in societies where inequality is the norm,
each person settles into his own distinct place
without feeling the urge, nor even conceiving the possibility,
of comparing himself to others.
Only a hierarchical structure is compassionate towards the mediocre and the meek.''

Revolutions are carried out in order to
change the ownership of property and
the names of streets.

Las revoluciones se hacen para cambiar la tenencia de los
bienes y la nomenclatura de las calles.

Revoluties zijn bedoeld om het beheer over de goederen
en de namen van straten te veranderen.

Falsifying the past is how the left has sought to
elaborate the future.

La falsificación del pasado es la manera como la izquierda
ha pretendido elaborar el futuro.

Vervalsing van het verleden is de manier waarop links
geprobeerd heeft vorm te geven aan de toekomst.

Nicolás Gómez Dávila: Le Réactionnaire Authentique
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:45 pm

OhFortunae wrote:
''Hierarchies are celestial. In hell all are equal.''

''In societies where everybody believes they are equal,
the inevitable superiority of a few makes the rest feel like failures.
Inversely, in societies where inequality is the norm,
each person settles into his own distinct place
without feeling the urge, nor even conceiving the possibility,
of comparing himself to others.
Only a hierarchical structure is compassionate towards the mediocre and the meek.''

Revolutions are carried out in order to
change the ownership of property and
the names of streets.

Las revoluciones se hacen para cambiar la tenencia de los
bienes y la nomenclatura de las calles.

Revoluties zijn bedoeld om het beheer over de goederen
en de namen van straten te veranderen.

Falsifying the past is how the left has sought to
elaborate the future.

La falsificación del pasado es la manera como la izquierda
ha pretendido elaborar el futuro.

Vervalsing van het verleden is de manier waarop links
geprobeerd heeft vorm te geven aan de toekomst.

Nicolás Gómez Dávila: Le Réactionnaire Authentique

I disagree; a society where hierarchy is not promoted or structured will make the weak feel better as the few who are superior are outnumbered by the inferior. Sure, feelings of inferiority will still arise, but they won't be as intense as a hardcore hierarchical society where they will constantly be reminded of their inferiority. Non-egalitarian civilizations were often rather brutal to the inferior stock, relegating them to archetypal slaves. Now don't confuse this with me being pro-egalitarian as I am not. Just stating my mind. Also, why do you think weaklings are so die-hard for their liberalisms and egalitarianisms?
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:36 pm

"Our Envy always lasts longer than the good Fortune of those we envy." [Rochefoucauld, Moral Maxims and Reflections, 478]

-

"Two monks were returning to the monastery in the evening. It had rained and there were puddles of water on the road sides. At one place a beautiful young woman was standing unable to walk accross because of a puddle of water. The elder of the two monks went up to a her lifted her in his alms and left her on the other side of the road, and continued his way to the monastery.

In the evening the younger monk came to the elder monk and said, "Sir, as monks, we cannot touch a woman?"

The elder monk answered "yes, brother".

Then the younger monk asks again, " but then Sir, how is that you lifted that woman on the roadside?"

The elder monk smiled at him and told him, "I left her on the other side of the road, but you are still carrying her "

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:03 pm

"First he pointed out to me as matter of fact that there was no more striking feature of the modern and humane as compared with the ancient and barbaric world than the constantly growing tendency of the most civilized races to apotheosize womanhood. The virgin ideal had been set up by the larger part of Christendom as the object of divine honors. The age of chivalry had translated for all time the language of love into that of worship. Art had personified under the feminine form every noble and affecting ideal of the race, till now it was in the name of woman that man's better part adjured his baser in every sort of strife towards the divine. Is it alleged that it is man's passion for woman that has moved him thus in a sort to deify the sex? Passion is no teacher of reverence. Moreover, it is as the race outgrows the dominion of passion that it recognizes the worshipfulness of woman. The gross and sensual recognize in her no element of sacredness. It is the clear soul of the boy, the poet, and the seer which is most surely aware of it. Equally vain is it to seek the explanation in any general superiority of woman to man, either moral or mental. Her qualities are indeed in engaging contrast with his, but on the whole no such superiority has ever been maintained. How, then, were we to account for a phenomenon so great in its proportions that either it indicates a world-wide madness infecting the noblest nations while sparing the basest, or else must be the outcome of some profound monition of nature, which, in proportion as man's upward evolution progresses, he becomes capable of apprehending? Why this impassioned exaltation by him of his tender companion? What is the secret spring that makes her the ceaseless fountain of lofty inspiration she is to him? What is the hint of divinity in her gentle mien that brings him to his knees? Who is this goddess veiled in woman whom men instinctively reverence yet cannot name?

"The adoration of woman, which may almost be called the natural religion of the modern man, springs from his recognition, instinctive when not conscious, that she is in an express sense, as he is not, the type, the representative, and the symbol of the race from which he springs, of that immortal and mystical life in which the secret of his own is hid. She is this by virtue, not of her personal qualities, but of the mother-sex, which, overbearing in part her individuality, consecrates her to the interests of the race, and makes her the channel of those irresistible attractions by which humanity exists and men are made to serve it. As compared with woman's peculiar identification with the race, man's relation to it is an exterior one. By his constitution he is above all an individual, and that is the natural line of his development. The love of woman is the centripetal attraction which in due time brings him back from the individual tangent to blend him again with mankind. In returning to woman he returns to humanity. All that there is in man's sentiment for woman which is higher than passion and larger than personal tenderness--all, that is to say, which makes his love for her the grand passion which in noble hearts it is--is the fact that under this form his passion for the race finds expression. Mysterious ties, subtending consciousness, bind him, though seemingly separate, to the mighty life of humanity, his greater self, and these are the chords which, when 'Love took up the harp of life,'... 'passed in music out of sight.' In woman humanity is enshrined and made concrete for the homage of man. This is the mighty indwelling which causes her to suggest something more august than herself, and invests her with an impersonal majesty commanding reverence." -Edward Bellamy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:14 pm

"The foundation of a Nabeshima samurai should be in know-
ing this fact; in being deeply resolved to return this blessing by
being useful; in serving more and more selflessly when treated
kindly by the master ; in knowing that being made a ronin or
being ordered to commit seppuku are also forms of service ;
and in aiming to be mindful of the clan forever, whether one
is banished deep in the mountains or buried under the earth.
Although it is unfitting for someone like me to say this, in dy-
ing it is my hope not to become a Buddha. Rather, my will
is permeated with the resolution to help manage the affairs of
the province, though I be reborn as a Nabeshima samurai seven
times. One needs neither vitality nor talent. In a word, it is a
matter of having the will to shoulder the clan by oneself"

"There is a saying that even though one burns up a mamushi
seven times, it will return each time to its original form. This is
my great hope. I have always been obsessed with one idea: to
be able to realize my heart’s desire, which is that, though I am
born seven times, each time I will be reborn as a retainer of my
clan."

-Hagakure: Book of the Samurai
Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:06 am

"One human life is deeper than the ocean. Strange fishes and sea-monsters and mighty plants live in the rock-bed of our spirits. The whole of human history is an undiscovered continent deep in our souls. There are dolphins, plants that dream, magic birds inside us. The sky is inside us. The earth is in us." [Ben Okri, The Famished Road]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:19 am

"Plato's notion [of an original chaos] has puzzled critics who are obsessed with the Semitic theory of a wholly transcendent God creating out of nothing an accidental universe. Newton held the Semitic theory. [His] Scholium made no provision for the evolution of matter – very naturally, since the topic lay outside its scope. The result has been that the non-evolution of matter has been a tacit presupposition throughout modern thought." [A. N. Whitehead, Process and Reality]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:27 am

"Error is the mark of the higher organisms, and is the schoolmaster by whose agency there is upward evolution. For example, the evolutionary use of intelligence is that it enables the individual to profit by error without being slaughtered by it." [A.N.Whitehead, Process and Reality]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:34 pm

"Finally, there remains one direct consequence of the democratic idea to consider, and this is the negation of the idea of an elite; it is not for nothing that a ‘democracy’ is opposed to ‘aristocracy’, for this latter word, at least when taken in its etymological sense, means precisely the power of the elite. The elite can by definition only be the few, and their power, or rather their authority, deriving as it does from their intellectual superiority, has nothing in common with the numerical strength on which democracy is based, a strength whose inherent tendency is to sacrifice the minority to the majority, and therefore quality to quantity, and the elite to the masses. Thus the guiding function exercised by a true elite, and its very existence – since of necessity it plays this role if it exists at all – is utterly incompatible with democracy, which is closely bound up with the egalitarian conception, and therefore with the negation of all hierarchy; the very foundation of the democratic idea is the supposition that one individual is as good as another, simply because they are equal numerically and in spite of the fact that they can never be equal in any other way.
A true elite, as we have already said, can only be an intellectual one; and that is why democracy can arise only where pure intellectuality no longer exists, as is the case in the modern world. However, since equality is in fact impossible, and since, despite all efforts towards leveling, the differences between one man and another cannot in practice be entirely suppressed, men have been brought, by a curious logic, to invent false elites – of several kinds moreover – that claim to take the place of the one true elite; and these false elites are based on a variety of totally relative and contingent points of superiority, always of a purely material order. This is obvious from the fact that the social distinction that counts most in the present state of things is that based on wealth, that is to say on a purely outward superiority of an exclusively quantitative order, the only superiority in fact that is consistent with democracy, based as it is on the same point of view. It may also be added that even those who set themselves up as opponents of this state of affairs are incapable of producing any real remedy for the disorder, and may even aggravate it by going even further in the same direction, because they also make no appeal to any principle of a higher order. The struggle is merely between different varieties of democracy, with more or less emphasis on the egalitarian tendency, just as it is, as we have said above, a struggle between varieties of individualism, which amounts to exactly the same thing." [Rene Guenon, The Crisis of the Modern World]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:29 am

Eukoline shoved her veil off her head and turned on Gorgo to ask in a tone that mixed disapproval with amazement, “Why are you Spartan women the only ones who rule your men?” She did not mean it as a compliment.

“Because we are the only women who give birth to men!” Gorgo snapped back.

“As if I hadn’t given birth to two sons?” Eukoline retorted indignantly. “Athens has five times the number of citizens Sparta has!” she added proudly.

“Athens has 40,000 males who think that making clever speeches is the pinnacle of manliness.” All Gorgo’s pent up anger at what she had seen since her arrival [in Athens] boiled over. “That’s why they are afraid to educate their daughters and keep their women in the dark ― physically and mentally!” Gorgo could not resist adding, “Sparta’s men prove their manhood with their spears and need not dismiss good advice just because it comes from the mouths of women!”
[Helena P. Schrader, Leonidas of Sparta: A Heroic King]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:59 am

Most men ebb and flow in wretchedness between the fear of death and the hardships of life; they are unwilling to live, and yet they do not know how to die. –Seneca Epistles

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:07 am

"Every word, every thought,
and every emotion comes back to one core problem: life is
meaningless. The experiment in nihilism is to seek out and
expose every illusion and every myth, wherever it may lead,
no matter what, even if it kills us".--Mitchell Heisman
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Fri May 23, 2014 10:35 pm

"Are you a God?" they asked the Buddha. "No," he replied. "Are you an angel, then?" "No." "A saint?" "No." "Then what are you?" Replied the Buddha, "I am awake.""

Back to top Go down
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:03 pm

Quote :
The Savage shook his head. "It all seems to me quite horrible."

"Of course it does. Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."

"If you allowed yourselves to think of God, you wouldn't allow yourselves to be degraded by pleasant vices. You'd have a reason for bearing things patiently, for doing things with courage. I've seen it with the Indians."

"l'm sure you have," said Mustapha Mond. "But then we aren't Indians. There isn't any need for a civilized man to bear anything that's seriously unpleasant. And as for doing things–Ford forbid that he should get the idea into his head. It would upset the whole social order if men started doing things on their own."

"What about self-denial, then? If you had a God, you'd have a reason for self-denial."

"But industrial civilization is only possible when there's no self-denial. Self-indulgence up to the very limits imposed by hygiene and economics. Otherwise the wheels stop turning."

"You'd have a reason for chastity!" said the Savage, blushing a little as he spoke the words.

"But chastity means passion, chastity means neurasthenia. And passion and neurasthenia mean instability. And instability means the end of civilization. You can't have a lasting civilization without plenty of pleasant vices."

"But God's the reason for everything noble and fine and heroic. If you had a God …"

"My dear young friend," said Mustapha Mond, "civilization has absolutely no need of nobility or heroism. These things are symptoms of political inefficiency. In a properly organized society like ours, nobody has any opportunities for being noble or heroic. Conditions have got to be thoroughly unstable before the occasion can arise. Where there are wars, where there are divided allegiances, where there are temptations to be resisted, objects of love to be fought for or defended–there, obviously, nobility and heroism have some sense. But there aren't any wars nowadays. The greatest care is taken to prevent you from loving any one too much. There's no such thing as a divided allegiance; you're so conditioned that you can't help doing what you ought to do. And what you ought to do is on the whole so pleasant, so many of the natural impulses are allowed free play, that there really aren't any temptations to resist. And if ever, by some unlucky chance, anything unpleasant should somehow happen, why, there's always soma to give you a holiday from the facts. And there's always soma to calm your anger, to reconcile you to your enemies, to make you patient and long-suffering. In the past you could only accomplish these things by making a great effort and after years of hard moral training. Now, you swallow two or three half-gramme tablets, and there you are. Anybody can be virtuous now. You can carry at least half your morality about in a bottle. Christianity without tears–that's what soma is."
--Aldous Huxley; Brave New World
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:15 am

" The fool speaks 10,000 words, yet says nothing. The wise man says nothing, yet speaks ten thousand words".

Last edited by Erik on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
There Will Be Blood

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:58 am

if you wish to understand the universe think of energy, frequency and vibration.

- Nicola Tesla
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:55 pm

He fnord wrote an fnord interesting trilogy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:26 pm

"People whose temperament is balanced between reason and heart take a long time to mature."

"If someone is making us feel reverence and compassion towards him, at the same time, then his power over us is without bounds."

M.v.E.-E.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
There Will Be Blood

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:57 am

"The evolutionary use of intelligence is that it enables the individual to profit by error without being slaughtered by it." 

Whitehead
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:10 am

" The highest specimens of the human race are not those
of lamb-like disposition, but those in whom the soul of
the lion predominates-in whom angry passions rage. They
are not men who conform easily to rules, regulations, laws.
The ideal man is ever a man of rebellious and ungovernable
nature; he whom no law can reign over and no master terrify. The word obedience is not in his vocabulary. He looks with scorn upon the petty rules ond petty idols of the petty millions-but knowing that he is in a dangerous minority he thinks and acts and says nothing-not even to his friend. In him is the spirit of the lion. He prowls. He masters others and is not mastered."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:01 pm

"An affected laugh shows lack of self-respect in a man and lewdness in a woman." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo.
Back to top Go down
There Will Be Blood

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:53 am

"My heart, its incessant drumming disgusts me. One day I shall silence it, as I did my own." - There Will Be Blood
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.
-Dante
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:41 pm

Lies are heard everywhere, and no one has the power to speak against them.
- William Luther Pierce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
- B. Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:42 pm

My health is actually quite normal, but my soul is very sensitive and is filled with longing for good friends of my own kind. Get me a small circle of men who will listen to me and understand me, and I shall be cured. [...]
- F. Nietzsche
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Share a tent with gypsies, you wake up in a field of shit.
- Ukrainian proverb [with variations amongst different Nations.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:44 pm

"Equality" is the pursuit of the lowest common denominator, and its pursuit is the destruction of excellence.
- David Lane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:44 pm

One basic principle must be observed, which is always to reckon with what is given, and not with what is not there.
- R. Steiner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:14 pm

The eye was made by the light, for the light, so that the inner light may emerge to meet the outer light.
- Goethe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes.

Back to top Go down

Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next