Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Cinematic Masterpieces

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Who, but a Jew, would see the horror of Modernity and families living within Judeo-Christian values?

One can be intelligent and a degenerate, all at once.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Satyr wrote:

Quote :

That's why those who have both are doubly fortunate.

Jews "degenerate"? Showing evidence of decline? History tells us the Egyptian, the Babylonians both had their moment of splendour, as did the Greeks and the Romans. They all fell. The Jew has seen it all and shows no signs of decadence, no weakening, while all other powers have been extinguished, the Jew still remains, oh and let us not forget Arthur Miller, the Jew's prowess.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:22 am

I don't care how talented or immortal they are. They are my enemy.

And if they are truly God's immortal people, then God is my enemy too.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:13 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
Satyr wrote:

Quote :

That's why those who have both are doubly fortunate.

Jews "degenerate"?  Showing evidence of decline?   History tells us the Egyptian, the Babylonians both had their moment of splendour, as did the Greeks and the Romans.  They all fell.   The Jew has seen it all and shows no signs of decadence, no weakening, while all other powers have been extinguished, the Jew still remains, oh and let us not forget Arthur Miller, the Jew's prowess.  

The Jewish meme is one that seduces from within.
It sells what it does not adhere to.
It places its ego outside of itself so that it cannot be challenged.
Like all viruses it thrives when a culture declines.

In out time, the decay has placed the virus in a position of power, forcing it into exposing its contradiction
How does the virus that sells weakness as a virtue then deal with power when the body it infects begins to wane?

It changes skin, it adapts, it contradicts itself.
The Jewish paradox ...also called Zionism.

I've gone into the three types of Zionism:
Spiritual, Political, and Cultural.
And when I say Jew, I include the christian and Islamic variants of the same nihilistic meme.

Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Laconian wrote:
Lyssa wrote:

Even Art becomes a source for "extracting information".
Books become a resource for "extracting information". !
In-form-ation. You are either in-form(-ed) or you are out-of-form. Formation means order. In-formation means in order. Instead of: out of order (=chaos). See: my topic "Esotericism 101" in the Lyceum. It is: you are either breathing in or breathing out. Focused or relaxed. The symbols here are the triangle (male) and the circle (female). You as a female are more closer to the circle. The relaxation. But in-form-ation (triangle) is one important factor for me in todays movies. Without information it is mere meditation. And therefor I don't need movies at all, I could look at classic paintings from higher Art Eras than ours (see above list by Oswald Spengler), if I want to feel in a certain mood. Or put on soothing music, light incence and sit on a cushion.

Wrong. The alternation of Inhalation [ham] and Exhalation [sa] is to regularize a Form, a stability, a constant rhythm upon which one can 'rest' [Emptiness] and build, free the mind for focus. Hence the hamsa - the discriminating swan, the apollonian bird, both to the greeks and to the Vedantins. You keep one thing relatively stable and try to build upon it - the same concept as in the movie 'Inception' - the penetration into successive dream-spaces - tearing of the sheaths of consciousness, standing on the basis of a timer. This is what Meditation literally is - to "build layers" to place your foot to ascend, a 'stairway to heaven', if you will.

Breath-contol Meditation is the basis of awakening the Kundalini - sustaining a constancy upon which one makes the energy rise; I like these diagrams:

Prana flowing in Ida or Pingala

Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 Kundalini1

Prana flowing in Ida and Pingala

Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 Kundalini2

With that stabilized, Prana made to flow in the Sushumna

Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 Kundalini3

Kundalini energy awakened

Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 Kundalini4

The rest kept constant, Kundalini rising

Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 Kundalini5

Kundalini rises to crown chakra

Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 Kundalini6

Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 Ss_kundalini%20anim

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:19 pm

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 12:06 pm

Gratitude for enlightening one to such national treasure.

I loved the movie Pieta. In response I'll give you the only movies that ever actually moved me.

The Elephant Man

Leaving Las Vegas

They Shoot Horses, Don´t They?
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 7:16 pm

You're welcome Blood.

Naturally I've seen the second; prefer his performance more in 'Vampire's Kiss' - real genius. I'll try to catch the others over the hols. maybe.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:35 am

The good ol' days when movies used to have a soul. Amazed in how suspenseful a movie can be if you actually care about the characters. Older movies require so much more from the viewer. Whatever may be lacking in graphics is certainly more than made up for in subtlety and elegance.

Possible one of the most bad ass movies ever. Just pure entertainment as it was meant to be. Although must be seen in Italian.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 12:31 am

Ben Affleck pales into insignificance when comparing him to his brother Casey.

The Killer inside me, Casey Affleck

Riveting and chilling, a movie I will never forget.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi275187481/

and his latest movie, Out of the Furnace.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1206543/

fight scenes similar to The Fight Club

Back to top Go down
Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Antichrist

A dark film, with some moments of brilliance.

Quote :
Antichrist is a 2009 Danish art film written and directed by Lars von Trier, starring Willem Dafoe and Charlotte Gainsbourg.[5][6][7] It follows horror film conventions and tells the story of a couple who, after the death of their child, retreat to a cabin in the woods where the man experiences strange visions and the woman manifests increasingly violent sexual behaviour. The narrative is divided into a prologue, four chapters and an epilogue.

Watch here:

http://putlocker.bz/watch-antichrist-online-free-putlocker.html

reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 3:55 am

Saw this a couple of years ago.

Quite disturbing.  What I recall especially is THE TREE, the rest is hazy, probably because I have blocked it out.

That is how it affected me.

Cannot bring myself to re-watch it.
Back to top Go down
Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:57 pm

I watched it, then the following night I re watched it. I'll watch it again before the week is out.

It was mesmerizing. Particularly the cinema photography in the forest and the opening scene played out in slow motion to Handel's Rinaldo. Von Trier touched on some taboo subjects and managed to communicate a deep sense of evil in nature (or woman?) without gore or any of the lame tropes used by Hollywood directors. The friction between the rational nature of man and the more emotional, instinct driven woman maintains the tension.

And yes, the tree did seem to have a personality of its own.

reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 4:37 am

I watched it again.

To analyse this film can be overwhelming as there as so many influences and references it draws upon.  I chose the Christianity and the psychoanalysis aspects.  You may choose differently.

Even the most benign elements in this film become sinister, the woods, the trees and beauty becomes hideousness. The tree is a significant symbol as it is there she asks him to hit her, it is there she physically convinces him to dominate her for being a woman, to punish her for being evil.  i.e. men - good, nature - evil, women - naturally evil.  The sex scenes were not simulated, which also adds to the impact of this film.

Do you recall when she says, "women do not control their own bodies, nature does. There is the implication of men being polluted by women's menstrual blood, perhaps tied in with the depiction of Freud's castration complex, demonstrated when she masturbates him to revive him until he ejaculates blood.

What is interesting is that excessive displays of sexuality in women are viewed as a disease or found to be abhorrent.  Sometimes in grief or stress, men and women both use excessive sex to alleviate what they cannot control.

"You don't have to understand me, just trust me"........... The husband, I thought displayed a patriarchal attitude towards her and it comes out more and more. One could say her descent into insanity was caused by his incessant analysing of her.

The child jumps to his death at the very moment of their sexual climax.  
She, the wife, prioritizes her pleasure over her own child.
This film comes full circle as he, the husband strangles her.

"A crying woman is a scheming woman".  

I have always believed this and that is what this woman is.

It appears on the surface to be simple, but I found this film complex.  What I found to be rather ridiculous is the army of women marching through the forest at the end.

My opinion has not changed, I think this movie is "fucked up", perhaps because I am woman and do not think we are naturally evil.

What say you Recidivist?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:58 am

I've already said this.

Woman is the personification of nature. She is towards chaos, because entropy is increasing.
Man, the masculine element, is what tries to tame nature, or direct her, use her.
The male is reason, the spiritual element.

With balance the earthly feminine is dominated but not denied, rejected, hated, by the masculine element.
This begins as an internal struggle.
The truly masculine man is the one who has dominated the feminine in himself.

Without balance the feminine runs wild (decadence), or, in the other extreme, the masculine denounces the feminine (nihilism).

Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:14 am

Quote :
"You don't have to understand me, just trust me"........... The husband, I thought displayed a patriarchal attitude towards her and it comes out more and more. One could say her descent into insanity was caused by his incessant analysing of her.

I knew that line in the film was coming when she says, "you just can't be happy for me can you?", because it has probably been said countless times to men by women over the ages.

I found the husbands attitude to be rationally level headed, although he did appear to be a one dimensional character, merely responding to events rather than directing them, but perhaps this was partly the result of him playing the role of her liberal, feminized therapist.

If he'd have been more masculine to start with, much of the story would have been different. Instead of tip toeing around her feelings and trying to appease her he should have given her a few slaps at the beginning and told her to pull herself together, then they could have got on and had another child. It's fascinating that she got hit anyway, but only because this time she asked him to do it and he was losing control over the situation. I think that point was brilliant, because liberals complain about violence against women, not realizing much of the time that it's the woman that subconsciously instigates it... secretly desires it?

She destroyed her self in the end. Isn't that the fate of women when they turn inwards?

I also like the suggestion that "Nature is Satan's church" because it ties in with my interest in gnosticism. That she percieved nature as being carefree and good in the first place indicates a certain level of childish niavete, particularly ironic considering she was (subconsciously?) torturing her own child. But don't women cry because they are weak, like children, and children can be cruel and capricious, like women?

reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:38 am

Recidivist wrote:

Quote :
But don't women cry because they are weak, like children, and children can be cruel and capricious, like women?

No

Perhaps you have seen also Lars von Trier's, Melancholia. It is a sublimely beautiful film that begins with a ten minute sequence to the strains of Wagner's Tristan and Isolde.  Kirsten Dunst was the lead actor and again he used Charlotte Gainsbourg in this film.   His films have a distinct style and from my own perspective, I think this is the best one of the two, Antichrist/Melancholia.

Some may argue, the first ten minutes of this film, are its best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_m5n2iVcvQ
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:06 pm

Recidivist wrote:

Quote :
I also like the suggestion that "Nature is Satan's church" because it ties in with my interest in gnosticism.

Ah! The Wicker Man, with its pagan influences and now the Antichrist.

Have you written anything about Gnosticism on this Forum. Would like to read it. Perhaps you could direct me to it.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:12 pm

Your Name is Justine.

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:41 am

Almost every film of Aki Kaurismaki is a masterpiece and full of pathos and dark humour... no one captured the Nihilism of the communist climate as sincerely as him...

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:42 am

Voyage to Cythera [Greek]

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 am

Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 10:30 am

Caterpillar [Japanese]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 10:31 am

Requiem for a Dream

Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:55 pm

Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 11:29 pm

This is an old british tv series from 1990. I was reminded of it when I heard about the recent American remake. I think it's relevant here in that the main character, Urquhart, is a sort of Lecter-esque manipulator and people-reader. But in this case I think Urquhart has a different focus and a definite end-goal in society in mind, with which his insights into humanity are tools for his own ambition. Whereas Lecter is more private and reclusive.

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 3:17 am

apaosha wrote:

This is an old british tv series from 1990. I was reminded of it when I heard about the recent American remake. I think it's relevant here in that the main character, Urquhart, is a sort of Lecter-esque manipulator and people-reader. But in this case I think Urquhart has a different focus and a definite end-goal in society in mind, with which his insights into humanity are tools for his own ambition. Whereas Lecter is more private and reclusive.

Yes apaosha!

This is one of the best shows I have every watched. I think I have seen it three times now. It consists of three series and is available on netflix in its entirety. Ian Richardson as Francis Urquhart is the last of a fading type of true Conservative man in the UK political establishment. The show explores modern decadence and the ruthless manipulation of those willing to be successful in attaining and maintaining power through a character which many KTS members will no doubt become very fond of. A real classic.

Richardson reading Machiavelli's The Prince.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 3:20 am

^^ Needless to say the Americanized version, complete with celebrity cast and huge budget, it a visually tantalizing but soulless and hollow imitation. Appears empty and overblown in comparison with the subtle humour and relevant metaphysics of the original.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 6:15 pm

I agree with both of you. Absolutely brilliant.  

The only person Francis Urquhart, Chief Whip, indeed, seemed vulnerable with was his wife!  She knew exactly how to play him.  Francis was ruthless. Who in their right mind would go after a career in politics, unless you had a death wish.  In fact it was perfectly cast for each character.  

A short peek and I had no desire to follow the American take on it, almost like watching a Japanese version of Gone with the Wind.  

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/01/29/house_of_cards_original_uk_version_is_brilliant_available_on_netflix.html
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 7:31 am

And struck thy sword to my heart."

2. "The Noble Hart | my name, and I go
A motherless man abroad;
Father I had not, | as others have,
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cinematic Masterpieces Cinematic Masterpieces - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cinematic Masterpieces