HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:27 am

Satyr wrote:

Is that Autsider in this interview?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Kvasir wrote:

The left enjoys the glorification of soviet Russia, not simply because of communism and their positive Cold War relationship they have with it, but because it stands in opposition to Nazism. They have no clue or comprehension about whatever it is that is opposed to Nazism, but only that it be opposed; only that the PC effect is reinforced, nothing more. The mindless slapstick entertainment, which is designed to suppress substance, makes the acceptance of any and all forms of anti-Nazism more palatable to the low IQ masses. Add those melodramatic sentimental undertones of fake heroism that self-righteous idiots love to use to feel good about themselves, and they accept it with more ease. All forms of degradation and cultural ravages which occur are accepted as the costs.

People, just don't make any sense. First they are bashing Trump for collusion with Russia, and now they are glorifying and collusioning with Russia themselves.

Also, Russia is losers because they always have minor chord music, and live in poverty third-world conditions too. I saw that video of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., of them living in a basement, eating chicken like savages. And that is why they always lose wars.

Also, I hope noone here is russian, and I hope i didn't offend any russians, if any russians happen to read this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:03 pm

OnWithTheirHead wrote:
Satyr wrote:

Is that Autsider in this interview?

Wow, he has the same exact avatar I had on ILP. Either he browsed ILP and saw it, or we think on the same wavelength.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:25 am

from Cinefantastique Vol 27 No 4-5, page 64 [60MB]

The patriarchy, the patriarchy, the patriarchy has been under open attack for a long time....
The 1990s were probably peak comfort for the modern, white, last man type.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Yes you are right. But I think society exactly started sliding down the point of no return around 2016. After that year, everything started to become distinctly soulless and ghostly. Like some kind of spiritual attack on our souls.

I watched the new "MacGuyver" show. Distinctly soulless and modern. The hero of the show is a white aryan male with no emotion. Token black guy characters with 1 dimensional personalities. Angry feminist type women who are masculine and devoid of any emotion. Boss is a hot midget lady, also serious with no emotion. Definitely not a replacement for Richard Dean Anderson or Pierce Brosnan.

I notice a trend in these modern shows. Like the director is always hypermasculine with no feminine side. And there's always that "scene" that you just know the director framed the entire show just to lead up to that stupid scene. Like in his "mind" you know the director thought it was this amazing scene, but everyone else is just like, meh. It's all regurgitation without the director actually getting what the original shows were about. A hypermasculine soulless regurgitation. Heartless, has no heart in it.

Modernity in a nutshell: Shows with a bunch of super serious jocks, or super serious sappy feminist baby shower types. Like that new show they got, "God friended me". What an absolute bore.

You know society is going downhill when even black people are no longer funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Come to think of it, I don't think there was funny scene during Star Wars 7 or 8. I don't think I ever laughed at one point in the entire movie. I almost laughed during that scene were Mark Hamill was milking alien tits but I don't think I actually laughed maybe just grinned a bit. Rogue One is the same as well, I do not remember ever laughing at one point in it. No C3P0, no Han Solo/Leai funny moments, no glittery eyed Mark Hamill goofball moments. Just about as funny as walking through a cemetery.

I think I actually did laugh at watching a documentary of Star Wars 8, and seeing Leai stupidly flying through space. Anyway the same thing is with the Daniel Craig James Bond thing. Way too serious and jocky. Although at least his movies are still entertaining and have some funny moments here and there.

I know the new ghostbusters was supposed to be funny. But it was collosally unfunny. Although there was one joke in there that made me laugh. Same as the new Rocky Horror Picture Show. I wasn't a big fan of the first movie although I thought it was mildly funny. I turned on the new one, had to turn off after 20 seconds the acting was so horrid.

Oh forgot to mention. The new Lethal Weapon. Give me Mel Gibson not this serious modern automoton soldier guy. I want Mel Gibson back. I watch TV to see entertainers, not soldiers. If shows are about memorizing lines just let robots do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Finally someone understands what I was trying to say to others outside forums...Also feels like Nietzsche reference when Guts is called "Black swordsman " and in Zarathustra there was mentioned term " Backworldsmen ", a lot of small things...Shame this has to be explained by some randon anime weeaboo youtube channel

I would call this the best indepth analysis of the whole series so far, it's not even an interpretation, everything she says is spot on, what the creator was going for, berserk doesn't deserve that ugly M or A label

Sorry if it's under wrong thread, just found it before going to bed and got worked up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News

Back to top Go down

Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6