Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Exercise - New Perspective

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Exercise - New Perspective Empty
PostSubject: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:11 pm

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
novice

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:49 pm

are you a beast of a human being satyr? To what limits can you push your body in terms of running? I mean there is a mental obstacle more than a physical one. The mental i think is meant to protect the physical one to an extent. If one has willpower enough one can break your mental limits and push beyond your physical limits and die. I mean for real. You can really do that. With a strong enough willpower. Can one have a too strong of a will power for ones own good or has that been bred out of humans in this society where the creed of the weak supercedes the creed of the strong
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:22 am

I never claimed to be either beast nor human.
What I was, what I am and what I will be is not the same.

I am fallible, weak and needy.

Each man pushes himself within the limits of his own nature and the circumstances he is accosted by.
There is no competition with an other; this is about you stretching, expanding, challenging yourself.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
novice

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:50 pm

I hear ya. What i meant by the first statement was to ask you if you were athletic, basically. I dont mean to pry.

I like playing sports. I like soccer and football. Im good at them. It feels good to out perform other people. It is also humbling to lose. I am one with the game when i play. I allow myself to be swept away in its tide and allow myself to become, to an extent, angry and happy. I commend my teammates when they do well and I chastise them when they are performing poorly. If i found no pleasure or meaning while doing these activities i would have no motivation to push myself.

When i make words out of my abstract projections in my brain its a flow of off and on. It plays hide and seek with me some times. If i seem to go off on tangents that are off topic this is why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Spartan Workout Exercise - New Perspective EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 1:55 pm

I'm sure I saw a link to a Spartan Workout youtube video on this forum before but I'm not sure where it was. Does anyone else partake in anything like Spartan workout, Insanity, Crossfit etc.?
Currently I'm trying to implement a variety of exercises into my fitness routine, hopefully to soon learn gymnastics/parkour.
I've heard it is true that exercising to the limit is better than little and often but the research for these ideas seem to swing in roundabouts. Health and fitness science is the least consistent I've ever come across.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 2:23 pm

I'd say focus on being able to do proper heavy squats and deadlifts before you mess around with that stuff, especially Crossfit (i.e. build a "base" from doing a standard bodybuilding/power lifting routine)...Instead of building your base from Crossfit.... Gymnastics would be much better than crossfit...but that's something that takes years to develop(why people start when they're kids)...for bodybuilding check out Dorian Yates... guy lifted like a beast and with terrific form. Ideally, a fitness routine incorporate some weight lifting, calisthenics/Plyometrics, and cardio work.

This guy has pretty good videos

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down
Drome

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 11:20 pm

Im getting into absolutely basic fitness, after years of abuse using alcohol and being lazy.
I was recommended Convict Conditioning by a friend and have been doing some very basic stuff for a few weeks. CC can be found on TPB for free, both books as well as videos are available, although I have not completed the books yet, rather taking advice for now.

[there is also a book called Solitary Fitness by convict Charles Bronson, as well as the movie about him [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],  on TPB, here is the synopsis:

"Charles Bronson has served 28 years behind bars, 24 of those years have been in solitary confinement, yet in spite of this he remains fit and strong. What are the secrets to his phenomenal strength and fitness? How can Bronson punch a hole with his bare fist through bullet-proof glass, bend solid steel doors by kicking at them, do press-ups with two men on his back - and all on a prison diet? Without the use of fancy gym equipment, steroids, steaks, supplements or pills you can pack on pounds of muscle, lose weight fast and gain superhuman strength."]

Wall-pushups -

Knee-tucks  -

And squats.

All just bodyweight, so far , and, probably will be for quite awhile.

I do 3 sets of each, 2 min rest between sets, as many as I can do every set. This will be enough for awhile to set strenghten my joints for the next stage.

The reason Im making this post is because I want to get into HIIT or Tabata, aswell as ask about how to progress effectively with bodyweight. Preferably HIIT, as I tried tabata and its quite daunting.

I got several options for HIIT I suppose; jump rope, Row-machine, Stationary bike, and boxing bag. I hear you can do stuff like burpees or mountain climbers, but I'd rather not at this point.

I would suppose 3 times of HIIT a week - every other day - would be enough or even too much, but would like to try it.Im going to look into as much as I can my self, but if someone is already experienced , pherhaps you could shed some light on HIIT with Rope, rowing machine, boxing bag and such. Any advice on how to set this up with what I got would be welcome. As well as any suggestions on training methods using bodyweight.

How do the ancient greek and roman systems of using body weight & resistance training with stone throwing and rope climbing compare to today? Do we know if the used the pushup or pullup? Gymnastics training? HIIT , or, maybe more, fartlek?
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:31 am

^

Also, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:20 am

lol, crossfit is a joke, just watch the crossfit competitions and try not to laugh...

One of the most exhausting training programs I've done was when I was doing last year different olympic lifting programs where I did go to gym 5 days a week for 3 months, I did this few times.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Basics, takes a lot of practise just to get the right technique:

I wouldn't recommend cleans and snatches for anyone who hasn't at least done the starting strength program.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:55 am

Smolov Squat Routine for experienced squatters, one of the most difficult squat routines, I've done this twice, 3 months only squatting, and I did 1 month smolov jr for front squats.

First you do a microcycle for 2 weeks,
then you do base mesocycle which lasts 4 weeks
1 week normal weight,
2 week you add 10kg to each set/repetition you did last week
3 week you add 5 kg to 10kg = 15kg
4 week you rest and test your maxium

After this you do 2 weeks of Switching, I don't remember what you do during this phase.

Then you do intense mesocycle in which you use your new squat max while calculating the percentage

The last phase is Taper in which you just spend 2 weeks resting and testing you maxium squat.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 5:44 pm

I got interested in gymnastics after seeing this video last month, maybe my inspiration also had something to do with this guy being a really nice person, I usually don't share chemistry with athletes, but he does have my sense of humour.

I've seen tricksters before, but never with this body type. I've been now practising handstand, after I can control it which will take time, I want to learn to backflip. So I also decided to quit olympic lifting, it's also become trendy so I don't feel like timing my gym when the best barbell in the gym happens to be free. So for now, just hypertrophy and gymnastics.

Funny videos: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Jarno on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Riastradh

Riastradh

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:50 pm

This guy is on a shitload of gear.

- William Blake
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:00 pm

Carlin wrote:
This guy is on a shitload of gear.

Right? Just flick a ciggie in his face.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:55 pm

New Clarence Kennedy video, Irish lifter, not sure if it was joke or true, but he might be half-Asian.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Strictly drug tested IPF, geared lifts, but amazing regardless. Might break the 500 kg squat record on november.

He is exactly my height (186) and 1 year older, one of my favorite lifters. Height matters, I like to watch athletes who are about my own height, just like in olympic lifts or any lifts, different heights take wider or narrow grips on the bar and also squats can look much different.

Also I can't stand most powerlifters, obnoxious, especially American lifters makes everything to be a circus.

Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Bereginia (берегини):

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 3:00 pm

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise - New Perspective Exercise - New Perspective Empty

Back to top Go down

Exercise - New Perspective
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA :: PALAISTRA-