Share | 

General News Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Thirsty

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:11 pm

^^
Ha! Don't mention London riots and WHO really started the mess...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHUEi0uH4B8
apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:46 am

Brussels Bans ‘Offensive’ Christmas Tree For Muslims

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can't wait to be pressing my forehead against the floor 5 times a day....

Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Quote :
“Government officials in Brussels, Belgium banned Wednesday a popular Christmas tree exhibit out of concerns that the local Muslim population found it “offensive.” ...

Must a historic city like Brussels be sensitive to traditions? And should be a multi-religious city like Brussels not leave room for the individuality of every philosophy?,” Debaets asks.

Other city officials insists the move was not made to placate Muslims or other groups. ...

The tree’s sponsor, electricity generator Electrabel, made the move to put up the electronic sculpture this year, Dassonville said."

Sponsor your traditions today. Electrabel, the one responsible for your holiday cheer. Saving you money on your electricity bill by illuminating a huge electronic Christmas tree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:58 am

Endocrine (Hormone) Disruptors
Quote :
There is mounting concern in the scientific, environmental, private, and governmental sectors on a wide range of substances, known as endocrine disruptors, that may interfere with the normal functioning of a living organism's hormone system. Endocrine disruption has the potential to cause:
-reproductive
-behavioral
-immune system, and
-neurological problems, and
tumors.

Effects of exposure to oestrogenic compounds on aromatase gene expression are gender dependent in the rainbowfish, Melanotaenia fluviatilis.

Quote :
Abstract

This study investigated the influence of two endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs)-an exogenous oestrogen 17β-estradiol (E2) and the oestrogen mimic 4-n-nonylphenol (NP) on the expression of aromatase transcripts in both sexes of adult Murray river rainbowfish. Reproductively active mature fish were exposed to 1, 3, and 5μg/L E2 or 100 and 500μg/L NP for 24, 48, 72 and 96h. The results show a significant reduction in the expression of cyp19a1a isoform in ovarian tissues with complete inhibition at the higher concentrations (3 and 5μg/L E2; 500μg/L NP between 24 and 72h) and at all concentrations after 96h. There was no expression of the cyp19a1a isoform in female brain, male brain or testes in any treatment. E2 significantly increased expression of cyp19a1b in female brain except at 5μg/L after 24h exposure. In male brain tissue E2 exposure decreased cyp19a1b expression except at 1 and 5μg/L at 24h. NP significantly upregulated cyp19a1b in the female brain (except with 500μg/L at 72h) and in testes tissues. NP downregulated expression of cyp19a1b in the male brain tissue. Collectively, these observations support the hypothesis that the expression of cyp19a1b is regulated via both positive and negative feedback mechanisms, with differential modulation based on the type and concentration of the exposed oestrogens, duration of exposure, fish tissue and gender of the fish. The results also imply that exogenous oestrogens can have a disruptive effect on the steroidogenic pathway and may lead to effects on sex differentiation, sexual behaviour and reproductive cycles in this fish.

apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:37 am

Babies develop racist traits aged nine months, before coming into contact with other races

Take note of this:
Quote :
‘These results suggest that biases in face recognition and perception begin in preverbal infants, well before concepts about race are formed,’ said study leader Lisa Scott in a statement.

‘It is important for us to understand the nature of these biases in order to reduce or eliminate [the biases].'

When racial differences are finally accepted as proven, these people will move from pretending they do not exist to attempting to cure them through genetic engineering.

The underlying premise of egalitarianism and that reality ought to be corrected will remain unchanged.

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:52 am

apaosha wrote:
Quote :
‘These results suggest that biases in face recognition and perception begin in preverbal infants, well before concepts about race are formed,’ said study leader Lisa Scott in a statement.

‘It is important for us to understand the nature of these biases in order to reduce or eliminate [the biases].'
Unbelievable.

These American liberal morons are so brainwashed they cannot see the wood for the trees. Even when nature is staring them in the face all they can see are the diminishing and populist ideals of the simulacrum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:51 am

Students drop old uniforms to conform to a new reality

Quote :
SCHOOLS are abandoning skirts and tunics for girls in favour of unisex shorts and skorts as part of an overhaul of the traditional student uniform.

The Parents and Citizens Association claims the move is being driven by Gen X and Y parents who want to remove gender bias from the playground.

The Department of Education claims the change is due to teachers wanting girls to be able to play freely in the playground.

However, not all parents are happy with the proposed new look with the many wanting schools to retain a uniform for girls.

A survey of schools by The Sunday Telegraph has found scores of schools preparing to adopt a unisex uniform in the next two years, with some having already made the changeover.

The majority are state public schools, with independent and Catholic schools sticking with the traditional attire.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Unisex uniforms
Are unisex uniforms a good look or political correctness gone mad?
Good idea
Bad idea
Make your own news service - news.com.au on iGoogle

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Parents of students at Winston Hills Public School are being asked to comment on the proposed new look, which the school plans to make mandatory by 2014.

The proposed new uniform to be worn during the warmer months features a polo shirt and shorts for both sexes.

Sussex Inlet Public School on the south coast has also gone unisex with girls wearing culottes and skorts while Kanwal Public School and Wyong Public School are also offering alternate uniforms. The shift was being driven by parents who wanted to remove gender bias from the classroom P and C regional spokeswoman Sharryn Brownlee said.

"It is an incredibly divisive issue. Some parents still believe little girls should look like little girls," she said.

apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Israel accused of selling US secrets to China

apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Tottenham could face police complaint because of fans' chant
Quote :
Tottenham have been accused of "insulting people's intelligence" by attempting to justify the chanting of the word "Yid" by their supporters.

The head of the Society of Black Lawyers says he will complain formally to police if Spurs fail to take action within a fortnight to stop the chants.

apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Row over 'white as snow' Miss France
Quote :
AFP - A black rights group on Monday slammed the latest Miss France competition for producing a "white as snow" winner from a field it claimed was unrepresentative of the country's ethnic make-up.

Marine Lorphelin, 19, a brunette medical student from Burgundy, was on Saturday crowned Miss France 2013, having edged out Miss Tahiti, Hinarini de Longeaux, in the final round of judging.

apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:16 am

The nearest single Sun-like star to the Earth hosts five planets - one of which is in the "habitable zone" where liquid water can exist, astronomers say.

Quote :
Tau Ceti's planetary quintet - reported in an online paper that will appear in Astronomy and Astrophysics - was found in existing planet-hunting data.

The study's refined methods of sifting through data should help find even more far-flung worlds.

The star now joins Alpha Centauri as a nearby star known to host planets.

In both those cases, the planets were found not by spying them through a telescope but rather by measuring the subtle effects they have on their host stars' light.

In the gravitational dance of a planet around a star, the planet does most of the moving. But the star too is tugged slightly to and fro as the planet orbits, and these subtle movements of the star show up as subtle shifts in the colour of the star's light we see from Earth.

This "radial velocity" measurement is a tricky one; stars' light changes also for a range of other reasons, and requires picking out the specifically planetary component from all this "noise".

Now, Hugh Jones of the University of Hertfordshire and colleagues have refined their "noise modelling" in order to subtract it, and thereby see the smallest signals hiding in the data - starting with Tau Ceti.

"It's a star on which we have a lot of data - an order of magnitude more data than we have for pretty much any other star," Prof Jones told BBC News.

"It's a good test case for how low can we go, what size of signals can we pick up."
In the noise

The team started with data from three planet-hunting missions: Harps, AAPS, and HiRes, all of which had data on Tau Ceti.

The trick to honing the technique was to put in "fake planets" - to add signals into the messy data that planets should add - and find ways to reduce the noise until the fake planets became more and more visible in the data.

"Putting all that together, we optimised a noise-modelling strategy which allows us to recover our fake signals - but in the process of doing that, we actually saw that we were finding signals as well," Prof Jones said - actual planets.

The quintet includes planets between two and six times the Earth's mass, with periods ranging from 14 to 640 days. One of them, dubbed HD 10700e, lies about half as far from Tau Ceti as the Earth is from the Sun - and because Tau Ceti is slightly smaller and dimmer than our Sun, that puts the planet in the so-called habitable zone.

It is increasingly clear that in existing data from radial velocity measurements there may be evidence of many more planets.

On Monday, Philip Gregory at the University of British Columbia in Canada posted an as-yet unpublished paper to the arXiv repository, claiming to have seen three planets in the habitable zone of Gliese 667C, one of three stars in a triple-star system, 22 light-years away.

It is also clear that in almost every direction we look and in every way that we look, there are planets around stars near and far - the catalogue currently stands at 854 confirmed planets, and is growing with every new publication.

Kepler Finds Over 1000 Planet Candidates

Quote :
Kepler Mission scientists have discovered more than 1,100 planet candidates to date, two of which are near Earth-sized in the habitable zone of small, cool stars. Another 50 candidates, ranging in size from twice the size of Earth to larger than Jupiter, have been found in their star’s habitable zones. The findings are based on data collected by the space telescope between May and September, 2009. Ground-based observatories will be used this spring and summer to help determine if these candidates can be validated as planets.

Some ideas on FTL:

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 pm

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Satyr wrote:

Quote :
A French Canadian computer graphics school has reassured the people of Montreal that there is no danger of their children being snatched by a large predatory bird after revealing that an internet video apparently showing a golden eagle attempting to pick up a child was a hoax produced by its students.

The National Animation and Design Centre said on its website that three of its students had created the video during a class they were taking as part of their degree in 3D animation and digital design.

According to the centre, the students worked their magic on real video footage, producing what looked like a film showing a large bird attempting to carry off a child under the eyes of its father. "Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated into the film afterwards," says the school's website.

I guess the interesting question is why do this in the first place? Perhaps its to shock people but it also reveals the naivete of those who are shocked by something that could easily happen, and also the film makers intentions of later claiming it as all a work of fiction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Turns out that it was a hoax.
The eagle is computer generated.

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:30 am

Washington Times reports:

Fathers disappear from households across America
Big increase in single mothers

News Article
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:46 am

Laconian wrote:

Haha, I didn't realize this was news. This was the forecast for at least the past 5 years - when I became aware of it. An interesting demographic in the comments section, there. I thought there'd be a lot more liberals throughout that conversation, but the overwhelming voice was god-fearing conservatives. I shouldn't be surprised, though. The majority of the USA is Christian - they're just starting to use the internet more now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 am

China forces EVERY internet user to register their real name in new free speech crackdown

Quote :
The Chinese government launched a new assault on free speech online today by requiring all internet users to register their real names.

The new rule comes in the wake of the runaway success of Weibo, a micro-blogging service similar to Twitter which has exposed corruption and other abuses of official power.

This form of control is already being extended to the West, via google and facebook.

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:11 pm

apaosha wrote:

This form of control is already being extended to the West, via google and facebook.

Yes, but the Chinese are far more severe with their censorship & population control
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Laconian wrote:

News Article

Most babies are born to unwed couples in the US.. it's been this way for a while now..I don't mind that as long as there is positive male influence in the child's upbringing, especially young boys.. but unfortunately this is not the case
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:03 am

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 pm

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:51 am

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Bacha Bazi

I noticed a muslim boy over here, with his mother and father. He was dressed like a girl. So I can't be 100% sure, but the father made shaming comments to him or her and he or she wore exaggerated earrings and girl clothes. More "cultural enrichment".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpTJ8rhb8p0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNUxq8rI6lM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywWjjewqNDA
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Makes one wonder how safe are hospitals really when these governmental facilities work under such larger agendas. Paranoid?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Next Pope an African?

News Article
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:14 pm

'This man is worrying me on the bus': Prophetic tweet of 16-year-old girl a month before she was stabbed to death on her journey to school

The probable killer a black male:

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 pm

We have a new POPE!!!!

Whatever.

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Current Geopolitical games are being played in Europe.
In Cyprus the Russians are being pressured out, by the duo of Germany and the United States.

I think the ultimate goal is for Germany/France to establish its rule over a confederation of European States, a United states of Europe, to rival the U.S.
The U.S. are trying to sabotage the unification, using their Trojan Horse, the U.K., and by trying to get Turkey into the European Union, because Turkey is in the back-pocket of the United stated and its elites.
This expelling of Russia from the eastern Mediterranean ares, is but a start.
The U.S. wishes Europe to remain a free-market extension of its hegemony.

Recent finding in the eastern Mediterranean only makes this goal more enticing.
The U.S. wishes to push Russia out, and the Europeans want control of these resources, consolidating their control over the European member states, and harmonizing them with a German-like economic system.
Free-markets is a catch-phrase for economic control, by eliminating national and cultural barriers.

I think this alliance between Germany/France and the United States is shaky, and temporary.
Germany/France see in the U.S.'s current economic problems an opportunity to make gains in European confederation.
Once a common elected government is established and the banks are unified, the next step will be the setting up of a common armed force.
At that point Europe can split off from its dependence and submission to U.S. hegemony.
The biggest problem for Europe is their lack of resources, making the finds in Cyprus and Greece very important.
Russia is, currently, its source of energy.

We see the emergence of Super States, which Huntington predicted.

Potential Super-States

American (United States)

Europe (Germany/France)

India

China

Russia

South America (Brazil)

The last one is showing some teeth with this Venezuelan resistance of U.S. power.
The closer ties between South American counties has been a thorn in the U.S's side.

apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Sun May 05, 2013 11:10 am

Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Tue May 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Muslims rioting in Sweden.

apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed May 22, 2013 7:39 am

The May 26 Protests & Heidegger
Dominique Venner

Quote :
Translated by Greg Johnson

French original, Spanish translation

Editor’s Note:

On May 21, 2013, French author Dominique Venner, whose writings have featured prominently at Counter-Currents/North American New Right, entered the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris, placed a sealed envelope on the altar, and shot himself in the head.

Surely the contents of the envelope will explain his reasons fully, but his last post on his website (now offline) reads like a suicide note and indicates that he hoped to turn the attention and momentum of France’s massive and ongoing protests against gay marriage legislation toward stopping a far greater threat: non-white immigration, particularly Muslim immigration from North Africa. I wish to thank John Morgan for providing me with a copy of this text.

Protesters on May 26 [against France’s recently passed “gay marriage” law] will cry out in their impatience and anger. An infamous law, once passed, can always be repealed.

I just listened to an Algerian blogger: “In any case,” he said, “in 15 years the Islamists will be in power in France and will remove this law.” Not to please us, we suspect, but because it is contrary to Sharia (Islamic law).

This is the only superficially common point between the European tradition (that respects women) and Islam (which does not respect them). But the bald assertion of the Algerian is chilling. These consequences will be far greater and more catastrophic then the detestable Taubira law.

It should be clear that France may well fall into the hands of the Islamists. For 40 years, politicians and governments of all parties (except the National Front), as well as employers and the Church, have been actively accelerating Afro-Maghrebi immigration by every means.

For a long time, great writers have sounded the alarm, beginning with Jean Raspail in his prophetic Camp of the Saints, the new edition of which is experiencing record sales.

The May 26 protestors cannot ignore this reality. Their struggle cannot be limited to the rejection of gay marriage. The “great replacement” of the population of France and Europe, denounced by the writer Renaud Camus, is a far more catastrophic danger for the future.

It is not enough to organize polite street protests to prevent it. This is a real “intellectual and moral reform,” as Renan said, and should be conducted as such from the start. It must make possible the recovery of French and European memory of our identity, the need for which is not yet clearly perceived.

It certainly will require new, spectacular, and symbolic gestures to stir our somnolence, shake our anesthetized consciousness, and awaken the memory of our origins. We are entering a time when words must be authenticated by deeds.

We should also remember, as brilliantly formulated by Heidegger in Being and Time, that the essence of man is in his existence and not in “another world.” It is here and now that our destiny is played out until the last second. And this final second is as important as the rest of a lifetime. That is why you must be yourself until the last moment. It is by deciding, truly willing one’s destiny, that one conquers nothingness. And there is no escape from this requirement, because we only have this life, in which it is our duty to be fully ourselves — or to be nothing.

apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed May 22, 2013 7:46 am

I was reminded of that Greek, Liantinis. How many good men are killing themselves because they cannot stand to live in this modern age?

apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed May 22, 2013 7:56 am

Quote :
“It’s about a cultural norm. In the black community, it is not that turning violence outward is acceptable, it’s that turning it inward is more unacceptable.”

Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Wed May 22, 2013 8:07 am

apaosha wrote:
I was reminded of that Greek, Liantinis. How many good men are killing themselves because they cannot stand to live in this modern age?

Yes.

If I have a goal, in setting up this forum, it is to attract and to preserve such minds.
I want to give them a reason, a perspective, to help them live amongst so much filth.

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Thu May 23, 2013 12:45 pm

Satyr wrote:
apaosha wrote:

Yes.

If I have a goal, in setting up this forum, it is to attract and to preserve such minds.
I want to give them a reason, a perspective, to help them live amongst so much filth.

Satyr, it's admirable that your trying to preserve good minds, but wouldn't it be best to actually be more positive yourself? Most of the time your aggressive or neutral, i hardly ever see you type something positive. Your always calling others trash or below you even if such was true thinking & acting in such a manner doesn't really make you any better then them. I actually find what you say to be quite fascinating it's humorous & intelligent, but also depressing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General News Thread Today at 10:05 pm

Back to top Go down

General News Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next