HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Things to Watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35
AuthorMessage
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Basically, according to those double blind studies, at large, people without hearing loss prefer flat frequency response in their speakers across different cultures.
But it's not just about the flat frequency response that the speakers produce "on-axis", directly straight ahead. There is also the sound that is emitted at different angles from the speaker front which are not the same as on axis and which through reflections on the walls of the room add to listening experience.

Also shows how seeing the speaker influences the rating greatly.
Not just in the obvious way as in "I like me those KEF speakers because KEF is good" but also in ways like how speaker placement in the room matters in a double blind test, as in, it changes the actual quality of the sound but when you do it while people see the speaker they give it a more similar rating each time they see the same speaker because of wanting to be consistent with your own judgements - "I gave the speaker a 7 last time, I'm gonna rate it a 7 again even if it was moved closer to the corner of the room, that stuff doesn't matter that much."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:13 am

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:36 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:08 am

This shows how consciousness is dependent no triangulation.

Past/Present/Future

Body/Nervous System/Mind

InterAction/Subject/Objective

Phenomenon/Interpretation/Noumenon

All judgments and evaluations are founded on this.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:30 pm

"NPC" means "Non-Player Character" which is usually those characters in a video game whom the protagonist interacts with who serve no significant contribution to the plot and for the most part serve as the "background" upon which the hero contrasts himself with.

Apparently around 74% of people surveyed in the study had no "inner speech", just think about that, if its representative of the rest of the population, 3 quarters of people have no reflection on their thoughts period.

Just imagine that... no inner voice....well I guess you cant really imagine it.

This would explain somewhat, the difficulties I have had with fitness and weightlifting, I have a bad habit of always wanting to read or think about something during my workouts which causes me to perform less efficiently as opposed to being able to devote 100% heart and mind to the workout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:30 am

They use the term NPC to replace the term Normie and it's not exclusively linked to the studies on inner speech.
It expresses that the Normie is not an agent, he is just along for the ride.
You don't convince or argue with NPCs, they just give you a set of responses, depending on the overall state of the game, the currently present narrative in the game, the current quest(s) open in the game.
NPC is a funny way of saying conformist drone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Impulso Oscuro wrote:
This would explain somewhat, the difficulties I have had with fitness and weightlifting, I have a bad habit of always wanting to read or think about something during my workouts which causes me to perform less efficiently as opposed to being able to devote 100% heart and mind to the workout.

I have an issue with this too but I find that music helps drown out excessive thinking during exercise. Music and coffee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Anfang wrote:
They use the term NPC to replace the term Normie and it's not exclusively linked to the studies on inner speech.
It expresses that the Normie is not an agent, he is just along for the ride.
You don't convince or argue with NPCs, they just give you a set of responses, depending on the overall state of the game, the currently present narrative in the game, the current quest(s) open in the game.
NPC is a funny way of saying conformist drone.

Yeah, it still came as a shock as I thought they had some level of internal cognition even if it was minuscule, but none at all? Makes me wonder, to what degree education has masked this fact and preserved some level of parity with regards to communication.

Eli Harman's point of Democracy being a proxy for violence comes to mind, which makes me consider 3 criticisms to that idea.

-The majorities ability to work together
-The psychological propensity for war of the majority
-The mental/physical propensity for war of the majority

If people are as shallow as this makes it out to be, then the idea of democracy, even only limited to men as a proxy for war is inaccurate as not all men have the same capability of strategy, cruelty, intelligence, and fitness such a war would require. This also assumes that those who would oppose the majority would be dumb enough to reveal themselves openly and make themselves a target.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch

Back to top Go down

Things to Watch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 35 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35