Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Things to Watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
hǣþen
hero
hǣþen

Things to Watch - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:53 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:41 pm

Has anyone seen this Tv show: Vikings? It looks good, but I'm just wondering if it's filled with liberal propaganda? Unfortunately, many hollywood films and shows are filled with blatant liberal/ feminist bullshit. I don't want to waste time and money on political garbage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Its authentic an experience. Terrible geography, but on the other hand; massacred monks and sacrificed virgins. Do please tell me you are taking the liberty of pirating materials?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:08 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:
Its authentic an experience. Terrible geography, but on the other hand; massacred monks and sacrificed virgins. Do please tell me you are taking the liberty of pirating materials?

I was, actually, thinking about buying the first season. But thank you for reminding me of my other option haha.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:43 pm

The sequel to the revered 300 film looks like another Hollywood dollop of distorted history. The woman who plays the cliche independent "strong"female leader role, seems to have gained some relevance as a classic seductress of Xerxes which acquired her some small part in the war that was grossly propagandized apparently. I'm sure she is portrayed as a sultry temptress along with the strong feminine mystique. It is difficult, to find films that are devoid of any sultry sexual nonsense these days.

The typical shallow story of revenge has to be injected in this film, because given how ignorant most modern idiots are of history, Hollywood dumbs it down by keeping them fixed on a common simple theme to follow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Stargazer, yes - when I saw the trailer for the 300 sequel, I knew right away that the film was bastardized with feminist bullshit. I enjoyed the first movie even thought it wasn't entirely accurate, but this second film looks like complete trash.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:50 pm

In 300 they made the Spartans and Leonidas a defender of democratic values, when they were, by modern standards, fascists.

this is how retards are raised in this world.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too, Satyr. When Leonidas was speaking to Xerxes, he sounded like a divine democrat; that the Spartans would defeat a Tyrant. The Spartans owned slaves themselves ( in real life ). But, of course, Hollywood inserting its typical bullshit into films. Also, the Messianic symbolism in Leonidas' death posture - very indicative of how the directors wanted him to be portrayed as a divine democrat.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 10:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very good read about ancient Sparta. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
hǣþen
hero
hǣþen

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 3:26 am

@ Primal wrt to Vikings, it's the most accurate to date but that isn't saying much. Many errors in the series, costumes and ethnic hairstyles for one. Also Ragnars wife is like a feminists wet dream, totally unrealistic. If you can get past this you may enjoy it.

hero
hǣþen

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 3:31 am

I may add if you are interested in it for any Germanic religiosity information, forget about it, it's a complete wank for that.

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 2:44 pm

I found this interesting:

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 4:34 pm

At timestamp 4:18, he compares the two skulls. Notice how he compares the Neanderthal skull with its jaw to a Homo-sapiens skull without a jaw to make his point about the different relative location of the eye sockets. He aligns them on the bottom of both skulls. He also seems to tilt the Neanderthal skull further back to even enhance the effect.

There are Neanderthal DNA markers in Caucasians and Asians but not in Africans, which suggests that Neanderthals mixed with the Homo-Sapiens after they left Africa. So they were close enough to be biologically the same species - by being able to produce fertile offspring.

Quote :
One of his hilarious claims is that all other reconstructions have been biased because they’ve been done to make Neandertals look human — but, don’t you know, Neandertals are primates, so they should be made to look like other primates.
Contemplate that last sentence. Humans are apparently not primates, and the analog for reconstruction should not be modern humans, their closest relative, separated by a mere 100,000 years, but a random gemisch of miscellaneous apes and monkeys, separated from Neandertal for over 6 million years.

Does he acknowledge that we have Neanderthal DNA in us? Because to me it looks like he wants to put a big distance between him and those nasty Neanderthals by portraying them as intelligent yet basically animalistic, un-human ;)creatures. The special human, homo-sapiens category... (special beyond the apparent).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 7:10 am

Is this guy on knowthyself? If so reveal your self!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 10:24 am

Something tells me that is Impulso Obscuro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Has anyone ever been in one of these sensory deprivation tanks before? I'm interested in using them as a tool for introspection.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 4:13 pm

It and Ayahuasca are the only mind altering experiences that I find could ever advance my perception in a usefull manner. I think of MDMA as modernity's drug, meth and heroin just finish off broken people. Molly on the other hand really creates these Joe Schome fucks.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Primal Rage wrote:

Looking in retrospect on my grade school years, it's amazing how many times I can recount instances of anti-Caucasion agendas ( especially anti-Caucasion male). The things that, really, stick out are the events where, essentially, every race has its own special pride day or month except, of course, the white race. Any mention of possibly having a White pride month would cause teachers and liberalized students to foam at the mouth like rabid animals. And the other things I can remember were the constant emphasis on the horrors of the holocaust and the barbarism of the Spaniards - which was a sort of way of trying to make Whites feel ashamed of their past ( Very Jewish trick ). If I were a White nationalist, I would advise whites to return to their primal roots - to abandon the emasculating Jewish religion ( Christianity ) along with its slave ethics. And to read ' Might is Right ' by Ragnar Redbeard; to instill those empowering principles into their essence. The Nazis were on the right track, in my opinion. A revival of that nature needs to happen for the White race to survive. White males have been thoroughly emasculated by Christianity, White-guilt, the Hip-Hop/Rap culture, and being overly sheltered in luxurious environments ( Hardship builds character, strength ). Black is considered cool in modernity - White is considered nerdy and lame. Not good signs for the White race at all....

If you aren't a WN, why do you care? What do you benefit or is it that you simply speak from a sense of "social justice for the underdogs of today"?

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 7:23 pm

I was just conveying observations of mine and offering friendly advise to StrongArm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:24 am

Various:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:42 am

Favorite disney movie. This is the best scene. Perfectly atmospheric and sublte. Greatest emotional tuning in so far as introducing the cycle of life. Fifty years later and The Lion King, one of Disney's worst, reveals a new narrative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:19 am

Bronson

Good psychological thriller akin to A Clockwork Orange.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 5:59 pm

And struck thy sword to my heart."

2. "The Noble Hart | my name, and I go
A motherless man abroad;
Father I had not, | as others have,
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:00 pm

Don't watch much modern mainstream stuff, but this one is great. Classic Apollonian and Dionysian dynamics, and remarkably right-wing in its critique of post-modern decadence. Defiant Spenglerian of optimism is cowardice. Jonathan Bowden liked the books.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 6:42 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 11:38 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
My belief in the Scriptures

Brother Sun, Sister Moon

Have you seen this movie? Out of every Christian I know, this would be by far the favorite. I quite enjoy a lot of them, a sort of trancendental grace of an authentic nature. More recognizable than other faiths, and a European mastery to its touch.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:17 am

There will be blood wrote

Have you seen this movie?

No.

In 1224, Francis reportedly received a vision that left him with the stigmata of Christ—marks resembling the wounds Jesus Christ suffered when he was crucified, through his hands, and the gaping lance wound in his side—making Francis the first person to receive the holy wounds of the stigmata.

According to scripture,(?) Francis's wounds never left him for the rest of his life; some believe that his wounds were actually symptoms of leprosy, not proof of a miracle.)

There is no reference to St Francis of Assisi in the Scriptures.
Most stigmata occurs in Roman Catholic circles, which goes against the very nature of God.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:56 am

No reference to that in the movie, its not even in the slightest a historical movie, more as a foremost feeling. He was probably chosen because of reputable connection to nature and animals. My sister is a converted cultural Catholic, she attributes moderinty and all its woes to protestant relativism. I prefer the Orthodox tradition culturally speaking, especially within the musical sphere. The soundtrack and cinematography are a splendor despite the low budget. I like movies that almost feel good because of their low budget, gives a kind of extra authentic essence to it. Tell me what you think if you ever watch it.

Do you have any movies?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things to Watch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next