HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Man as a system

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:02 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
it is certain some may never achieve it.

You added that later.

And what is an ideal female to you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:27 pm

I was able to see the "insult guidelines" now. Again: I don't see anyone on here as my opponent. As a mod, I understand that you are curious about anybody coming on here. But why would anybody come here? Mostly because they somehow heard of this place and feel some kind of connection to this place. Want to contribute to this community. Not to cause trouble, I don't think. Of course to argue, to present better arguments. To advance this place or "the discourse" in general, but mostly to live and learn and let others benefit also, from their knowledge. Most people search refuge, a community, a bubble, a shelter, a cave, from a world that is brutal and cold.
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:26 pm

Quote :
I was able to see the "insult guidelines" now. Again: I don't see anyone on here as my opponent. As a mod, I understand that you are curious about anybody coming on here. But why would anybody come here? Mostly because they somehow heard of this place and feel some kind of connection to this place. Want to contribute to this community. Not to cause trouble, I don't think. Of course to argue, to present better arguments. To advance this place or "the discourse" in general, but mostly to live and learn and let others benefit also, from their knowledge. Most people search refuge, a community, a bubble, a shelter, a cave, from a world that is brutal and cold.

That is the difference between here and places like ILP. This not a shelter, in the sense that it's a microcosm of the greater macrocosm; a place to socialize and escape from reality. Not all are welcome.

Know Thyself.

What can be offered here is only yourself. Because there are differences among people, a hierarchy develops. Thus, what is offered is offered on different levels to different people.

That's what the groups are for. Varvaroi for where anything goes. Perioeci, like you, for the common citizens, the rabble. Homoioi for the nobility, whose insights are sought out and privileged, for whom the reservation of the Adyton is set aside where they can converse peacefully without vulgar interruptions.

Ones status can be raised or lowered at request, by sponsor or through punishment for misbehaviour. The decision is left to the Prytanes: me or Satyr.
We've been cautious lately about raising new people because of that business with the pedophile a while ago.

But to address your main point; your desire to belong here. What connection do you feel to this place? Why here and not ILP or PNow, where you would be more suited?

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:34 pm

apaosha wrote:

What connection do you feel to this place?

Satyr is a philosopher. One of the last ones I know. Who on ILP or PN would you call a philosopher? Name me one and I shall read their posts.

Quote :
Why here and not ILP or PNow, where you would be more suited?

Satyr just wrote this (in an answer in the love-topic):

"If I cannot even speak my mind here, then what is lefty?
If you cannot be honest here, then where can you be so?
If my tongue is kept still, due to the same social conventions it is silenced out there, then what use do I have for this place?"

This is my agenda, to move the Adyton outside of the backrooms, so that all can benefit, if they wish to. But also to further the discourse. I am not interested in becoming a Homoioi, if you consider me rabble than so be it. I haven't seen much of the quality the Adyton is supposed to contain outside of it (apart from Satyr's posts).
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:09 pm

This is the sort of thing that would be impossible today, because of fear of being thought “gay.”
This is the wrestling scene from Women in Love, D H Lawrence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Everything came naturally to our forebears, it came from their life experience, but their life experience was so different from today. They were not constantly shielded from danger or risk taking. They had so many ways available to them to express their manly spirit. They had manly rites of passage. They had been tested by wars, famines, depressions. To be a man is not the result of acquiring the sort of “how to”, just as this applies to a woman. It is gained through trials and tribulations. In a world that is “safe” and “nice” modern, is it possible for manliness anymore. Except, perhaps, through revolt against all the modern world..

Please note that all of the problems have only been made possible by the cooperation of men by their not being manly enough to say “no” to women.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:28 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:

it is certain some may never achieve it.

You added that later.

Oh, is that not allowed on this forum. OMG have I broken a rule or something, as there seems to be so many of them here and the men can be so nasty, for no reason at all pale

And what is an ideal female to you?

Well I have shown you mine.

It's your turn to show me yours.

What is YOUR ideal female.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:09 am

Adyton should be thought of as a Hellenic Symposium; an enclosed setting within which friends gather to express themselves on any topic in whatever manner they see fit.
It is an exclusive club.

There, the politically-correct methods of censorship are kept outside, so that topics can be covered in ways not permitted any place else, or that would receive so much negative attention, from the mediocre, as to flood them into the great sea of uniformity.
It is also a place for exchanging information.

Some topics I placed there, I've subsequently posted in the Agora section.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:54 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:

What is YOUR ideal female.[/b]

This is a good question. I haven't met her yet.

The way I see it in the decline: one has to work with what is available. I believe in education. Some females are capable to learn. My companionship has to do with either people who wish to improve themselves or who were brought up in a good home and keep a close relation to their parents and brothers/sisters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Satyr wrote:

Some topics I placed there, I've subsequently posted in the Agora section.

Thanks. What was politcally incorrect yesterday, maybe more tolerable today. There are always pioneers out there who popularize these memes. Race for example. The second world war from first hand sources, rather than commentary. All this becomes more and more available and popular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:40 am

reasonvemotion wrote:

What is YOUR ideal female.

The word "education" missed the mark a little in my above anwer to your question. The German word "Erziehung" is between discipline and education. Ascesis may be another more suitable term. The female should learn from males. Let herself be taught. Be a good student.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:24 pm

I am still troubled with Sloterdijk's progressivist tendency (as of lately)(as well as his liberal position on race.). I like his pure analysis a lot better. I don't share his opinions all the time. "You must change your life" is like N's "WTP": a pure advocacy of this "priestly type" (Will over Reason and Passion). Hubbard also. Schopenhauer as well. ("World as Will and...") The Will as the driving force gets us in as much trouble as passion. "You must change your life" is self-help literature. Essentially the academic Encyclopedia of it, excluding the esoterics/new agers, who wear these labels in a too accepting way.

With Reason on top, the future becomes the most uncertain, but also: life opens up. "Act as so the number of your possibilities increases."-ethical imperative by Heinz von Foerster.

What fascinates me most with Sloterdijk is his thinking from Space(s). This is a unique perspective. Even Heidegger's time focus may lead to Nihilism. Heidegger inspired Sloterdijk actually with a little piece on the space(s) question (where do we live?). The forest glade as a metaphor for Aletheia looks kind of like the reverse Platonic Cave, but it is actually meant to be the same. If we think of the forest, the trees/woods, as the subconscious, the "ocean of being" or whatever: we need to chop, to cut, to fight free an open space for ourselves, to let some light in. In my opinion this is also where "Gelassenheit" (Heidegger) comes in. A relaxing. This is also Aletheia. Aletheia is not an extra truth like Veritas. Aletheia is the truth that is always just THERE, but invisible to us, because of all the trees in the way. This is why the forest glade is necessary. A place to rest, to relax, to take one's time to make sense of it all. Reason/Knowledge/Wisdom is always there, among all these "trees of the subconscious", in the forest, we are in the middle of. But our action must be the chopping and cutting free of a space for us, to let some light in, in this otherwise too dense world. Aletheia to me (inspired by a text by Sloterdijk on it) is the act of laying open (bare): the truth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man as a system

Back to top Go down

Man as a system
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2