Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Narcissism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Narcissism Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 am

What I like about the C.Lasch book is that he describes Narcissism as a character trait, that our society even rewards and inherently brings about. That a lot of the people that are considered role models of society are actually the worst of all narcissists. And that it is a dysfunction that makes these persons suffer badly and most of them do not become conscious of their own Narcissism and try to work against it. (I am looking into my own Narcissism as well at the moment.)

I would like to know the difference between the "Übermensch" and a Narcissist? What we here consider "Aristocracy/Elite" and Narcissism?

We could go by the list from the documentary, of the 9 fundamental traits of a Narcissist:

1.Grandiosity
2. Arrogant and domineering
3. Preoccupation with success and power
4. Lack of empathy
5. Believe of being unique
6. Sense of entitlement
7. Requiring excessive admiration
8. Exploiting others
9. Being envious of others
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 am

It can be summed up as feminization.
Exploitation is a part of nature.
We all use others.We use the term “exploit” to designate a relationship- based
no mutual utility give and take) which is both unbalanced and one of the
participants feels that it is so.

To judge a relationship, an (inter)action, as being “exploitative”
as an external observer is to project one’s self on the side of the one who is
considered to be used more than he is using.
Since all value judgments are comparisons, the person one
projects himself in the place of may not share in this judgment….because for
him/her the value placed on what is received is greater than the one you do. For
him/her the relationship may be balanced and “worth it.”

This is where the individual’s overall qualities come into
play.
That and one’s own assessment of one’s self.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Cold Weasel

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:58 pm

One difference I make between Aristocracy and Narcissism is that the Aristocrat takes responsibility for his successes and failures. He treats failures as lessons. So his authority and leadership qualities are developed through constant challenge and struggle with nature, and speak for themselves. The aristocrat isn't fueled by envy, I think. He looks upward, searching for new challenges and new lessons.

The narcissist, on the other hand, craves authority but loathes responsibility. If things go well he gives himself all the credit. If things go wrong (and they will), he blames others, or the world. He looks upward with envy, rather than aspiration. He would rather everyone be on his level, than for anyone to be greater than him.

A simple example: The saying, "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game." The narcissist is a sore loser, and will lie and cheat in order to beat someone who has greater skill. He prefers to play against people with lesser skill than himself, because they are easier to beat. But aristocrats play in order to become better and better, creating hierarchies. They breed excellence among themselves.

The narcissist is a tyrannical despot surrounded by groveling sycophants...or he is one of them, with a knife in his cloak, waiting for a chance to get close. An aristocrat is one of the best among equals, who all continually challenge and prove themselves openly.

I think of King Arthur's besting Sir Lancelot. When Arthur beats him, Lancelot feels that his curse of being the best-of-the-best has been lifted. His being the peak of excellence didn't satisfy him, it only made him feel sorry that the world didn't have someone better to look up to. He eagerly follows the king who proved superior. To me this embodies the essence of nobility and the opposite of narcissism.

An even simpler example: A teacher who is a narcissist will begrudge the student who eventually exceeds him in his craft. But a noble teacher will consider this fact his greatest success, the goal he is actually striving for.

However one makes this distinction it is good to make one. Your worrying about the distinction is well-founded, as the words "narcissist," "self-centered," etc., get thrown around a lot these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Quote :

When Arthur beats him, Lancelot feels that his curse of being the best-of-the-best has been lifted. His being the peak of excellence didn't satisfy him, it only made him feel sorry that the world didn't have someone better to look up to. He eagerly follows the king who proved superior. To me this embodies the essence of nobility and the opposite of narcissism.

And did you beat Satyr or why do you post your ramblings below his explanation? Or are you just being a little feminized (narcisstic) pussy?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:29 pm

The curse, or duty, of a father, a teacher, is that he should seek students who can overcome him.

I expect my son to be a better man than I was...this is my burden
My job, here, amongst you all is already done.

You’ve come here, no?

Cold Weasel

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Laconian wrote:
And did you beat Satyr or why do you post your ramblings below his explanation? Or are you just being a little feminized (narcisstic) pussy?

If you must know I am skilled at the joust. In full armor I am an awesome sight. I'm certain you and Satyr both would tremble in fear to behold me on horseback. However I believe Satyr has said somewhere that he has some military training, so he would have the advantage in hand-to-hand combat. Then again, I have a background in concert percussion, so never say never...

If you want to apply the Lancelot/Arthur analogy regarding philosophical debate, then you have it backwards. I came to this forum because I agreed with, and felt inspired by, the ideas I encountered in Satyr's videos and writings. He articulated what I would have liked to say, but could not--making ideas that for me were still disparate, comprehensive. In that sense he had "beaten" me well in advance of my speaking to him personally.

My post was unrelated to Satyr's. It was my personal answer to your question about narcissism vs. aristocracy. (Again, you compel me to state the obvious.) But increasing narcissism as feminization makes sense to me. American women, for instance, are notoriously narcissistic in this modern age, and in order to fit in with the present spirit of the times, American men follow their example as best they can.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:52 am

Sam Vankin playlist

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:46 am

About narcissists - The key element seems to be this need for a mirror.
They need that recognition, that mirroring back of greatness - they don't just want it but they need it.
This is also why narcissists can't stand solitude.
Others are related to as being a mirror for them, this is their purpose for the narcissist.
In that way, narcissism can only arise to a higher degree in a very socialized environment.
In particular, in an environment where the qualities of an individual are determined via popularity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:50 am

Anfang wrote:
About narcissists - The key element seems to be this need for a mirror.
They need that recognition, that mirroring back of greatness - they don't just want it but they need it.
This is also why narcissists can't stand solitude.
Others are related to as being a mirror for them, this is their purpose for the narcissist.
In that way, narcissism can only arise to a higher degree in a very socialized environment.
In particular, in an environment where the qualities of an individual are determined via popularity.
Exactly...

And why I said Modernity is producing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

First detach the mind from its essence, its own past - its nature, identity...psychological schism leaving the mind in a state of limbo, desperate for a substitution.
The terror of freedom, as Sartre described it, nausea.
The diminished of the paternalistic family structure is also part of the process.
The male must cease being a representative of his bloodline and become feminized - a conduit, a womb, for the only masculine entity permitted - the State, the Church, the Idea, the Institution, the Meme (ideal)....the SuperOrganism.
the word is its memetic code - its binding algorithms directing internal (inter)actions.

Then offer it a life-raft, a institution an ideal, built on otherness.
The communal, the shared, the "whole" given the name God or Humanity, is the identifier - self reflected in otherness - the individual as multiplicity - clones, zombification.

Once the self is turned into Self, the sensation of empowerment, en-lightening, becoming lighter, expansion...Pain shared is pained reduced, pleasure shared is pleasure multiplied - hedonistic maximization.
The individual escapes the full costs of existence, via otherness. He feels immortal because the SuperOrganism is self-perpetuating - each organism identifying with it a cell in its immortal, sexless, form-less, body - God.

The individual organism dis-appears, buries itself in concealment, within the larger identifier.
Now it is pure utility - how it serves the whole is its only value.
It is its job, its work, how it treats all, how it surrenders tot he lowest-common-denominator.

The SuperOrganism is one - sexless, race-less, pure abstraction - Divine.

The multiplicity assimilated within its contexts only finds meaning in relation to the whole.

Cold Weasel

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:06 pm

This guy has some entertaining videos about his experience with narcissistic parents.  Entertaining but sad.  Helpful and supportive information for those who had similar childhoods.

To a lesser degree I can identify with having to "dumb myself down" in order not to provoke the narcissistic rage of immediate family members.  By extension, the rest of society.  Discernment and high ability are punished.  One reflexively punishes oneself for daring to disagree, daring to speak, daring to demonstrate their observational skills, listening skills, and talents.      

If other adults are not around to defend you from these rages and emotional blackmailings when you are young and vulnerable, it is like Pavlovian training that never completely goes away.  The rest of your life you have to train yourself away from it or you will continue having shitty parasitic friends, shitty parasitic lovers, and after you are drained enough you will become a parasite yourself and feed on your own children.  

According to the feminization of mankind theory, we will see fewer and fewer people able to defend against this as time goes on.  The knowledge and strength simply will not be there except through enormous efforts to preserve it.      

Interestingly this Ollie Matthews identifies as part Italian and part Armenian, and seems to implicitly attribute some of their behavior to their nationality (e.g. his Armenian grandmother).

I can also attest to the fact that "no contact" triggers suppressed  memories of abuse, shame, anger, and resentment.  It's as if the parasite inside you is starving, gnashing and clawing in its death throes.  It's like an exorcism.  

In fact I'm sure the idea of demonic possession and exorcism comes from these kinds of psychological cycles of abuse and recovery from same.  One's family, one's ancestors, may carry a certain "curse" that manifests itself in certain behaviors that are difficult to account for until one encounters them in solitude and is forced to deal with them in one's own mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:24 pm

When an individual has been detached from nature/past, sheltered from the consequences, and then given an alternative identifier, narcissism can take different paths.

For example there is nothnig more arrogant and narcissistic than the belief that after death eternal life awaits an individual, or that there is a benevolent superman, god, who cares about human lives.
It may take on the form of universal meaning, morality, purpose.
The idea that the universe comes ready-made to accommodate human needs.

The idea of chosenesss, is a supremely arrogant and narcissistic proposition.
It claims a universal will which has selected one individual, or a people, as special...as distinct for no reason other than it is willed by some mysterious entity.
So, detached from reality, this proposition is, that it has to invent fantastic reasons to remain detached from a world that cares not for self-proclamations of choseness.

To value one's self is easy. You may say it is essential for the preservation of self-esteem and mental health, but it is not an objective evaluation if it ignores reality and nature/past and builds this self-valuing on nothing more than words and a personal choice.
A value judgment is a comparison...what is self compared to when it is valuing itself?
If not nature/past then on nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

Human construct, projected as universals become the "positive" in response to their absence in reality, which is now the "negative".
This is where the nihilistic inversion begins, and all else follows from it.

You see, nature, as an objective standard, humbles the individual with its indifference to human needs and hopes and desires.
Without this the human mind can flatter itself comfort itself, construct any idea it needs to feel good and to cope.  

Schizophrenia, begins as this schism between the idea(l) and the real - creating a mind/body conflict that may manifest in psychosomatic effects.
It's the contradiction of the inherited, sum of nurturing (nature/past) by the projected idea(l), necessitating a compartmentalization and application of different standard for different contexts.

For instance, what applies to nature and other organism does not for man...because man's reason can contradict his nature, forcing a repression and schism...a psychotic condition.

To compensate for this loss of past/nature, the individual is directed towards memetic identifiers which, are also useful with the memetic system.
Another way to deal with this loss - useful in secular contexts - is to redirect the mind back upon itself, turning emotion, hedonism, materialism into the identifier; and from it value judgments and value standards emerge.

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Narcissism has become a normality in modernity. Narcissists have a shallow identity, fragile, easily threatened by mere words. This is why you have to tell them that they are great, being loved by everyone or else they won't like you at all.
You can find them patting each other on the back telling each other how lovely they are and how generous they are with their love.
But since we live in times when 'slave morality' is dominating, everybody who is superior in any regard is deemed as morally inferior and vice versa. That's why the modern narcissist will not claim to be special in the traditional sense but to be special in his self-negation, special in his love for everybody, being self-less and humble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:17 pm

Narcissism is the increase in asymmetry of interaction, towards the self (egoism/introverted narcissism through self-consciousness) or towards the other (altruism/extroverted narcissism through reflection or positive impact on the other.) It is an attempt to reduce interactivity to activity or reactivity, or, as is most often the case, to activity-reactivity hybrid.

Our communication being turn-based and not real-time/simultaneous actively promotes asymmetry, and through it, narcissism (socially acceptable kind.) Metaphorically speaking, the individual beats you up and then treats your wounds and all is fine because you want the same right for yourself. The individual being both selfish and selfless creates an appearance of symmetry which in reality is double-asymmetry since it moves towards temporal separation and not towards simultaneity. Our economic system does the same thing through the creditor-debtor relationship.

Social interaction is no longer dynamic/fluid/real-time, 50% about one's self and 50% about the other, but static/turn-based, where the individual "freezes" the idea of the other in advance (complete convergence), or where the individual lets the other be anything at all  (complete divergence.) The essential characteristic is that one no longer observes and adapts but enters communication with pre-made off-the-shelf model (they call it "morality".) If the other diverges from this model, he's not adapted to, but dismissed as anti-social/immoral/selfish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:15 am

Narcissism is the natural outcome of sheltering, and subjectivity.

It is akin to hyper-masculinity - the overcompensation of decay, and atrophy.
The emasculated male exaggerates what is left of his masculinity to deal with the loss.
Females do it when the feminization of men exposes a psychological void she can exploit, often displaying behavior to pretend she is more masculine than the men.
Physical markers exaggerated to compensate for the loss of mental markers.

Schizophrenia splits the subjective mind, the noumenon, from the objective world, the phenomenon.
It increases the division between the private self and the public self, and emphasizes the public persona, just as it promotes the subjective (perscpetivism) the noumenon as the singular.
This turns the private man into the denied, excluded...often denied by the individual himself who now believes his public face, what he pretends to be is who he is.
He is his job, his car, what roles he plays in society, how much money he has, how many others he can impress with his public persona.
The past, his inherited nature, his essence, is dismissed as overcome, or fake, or primitive.
He is entirely the pretense - he is what he pretends to be, using props, techniques he has been taught, technologies that deal with inherited, genetic, failings.
He is entirely Modern.

This produced the paradoxes of behaviors contradicting beliefs.
The modern, having been splintered from himself, can now say one thing, and act in antithesis to it...and then claim he is complex, or too mystical to be understood, even by himself.
It is also used as a way of claiming that nobody can know him - he is mysterious, mesmerizing, confusing...profound.
If he does not know who he is, or what he will do next, then nobody can.

Once the splintering, the schism, has reached a certain level of disillusionment, and the subjective, the noetic, has been raised as the epitome of human freedom, unanswerable to any objective world, to any standards outside his own, the groundwork for narcissism is in place.
The individual becomes an isolated, detached, individual - harmless as a one, and yet feeling invincible, because nobody can shame him, put him in his place; nobody outside his own opinion can dictate, or expose to him a standard he must live-up to...no real world is there to correct his delusions.
He can live in them and with them for an entire lifetime if he pays the institution who provide this service, their due.
And the institution is the abstraction of the alpha-male, now monopolizing this status.

This makes his narcissism a pretense, fake...hyper-masculine.
Such a "man" bows only before the alpha-male, so as to go on pretending he is the alpha, or its highest representation - he becomes public man, subjective man, Modern individual.
Nothing can harm him of the real, and so he engages in philosophy with a nonchalance, as a child playing with toys.
He can rearrange his toys: up can go down, down can go up...because it does not matter.
He is untouchable.
It's a game.
His pretense is guaranteed preservation - it will not be exposed.
The private self, is safe - it will never be revealed....but it does.

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Narcissism is comforting.
It protects and shelters the self-image from painful realisations.
There are all kinds of defensive mechanisms which are in place to protect that attained sense of self and they are highly successful because they work in a way which negates all threats without having to face any challenges.

How about - "You are a bigot!"
No need to actually handle the challenge. What does it matter if the other person is a bigot or not, whatever it means to be a bigot...
No matter, it says nothing about what has been said, whether or not there is truth to it and if yes then what is it that is true about it.

So one defensive method (among many) is to dismiss without consideration.
To explain for the spergs out there - This does not mean that dismissing someone is always narcissistic. The point is not about being dismissive but how to use being dismissive as to never having to reflect about whether or not some allegation or thought has truth to it and what that is.

Which pretty much leads to the core of it - Rejection of truth and truth is rooted and springs from the engagement with reality.

Narcissism is the social norm and its genetic pre-disposition is being selected for.
Because it's not rewarded in manmade society to engage reality.
When what people look for is escaping it in sheltered selfie-bubbles.

Can't successfully escape society - Might as well escape reality in your own mind to function zombie-like within society.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stalagmites

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:32 pm

-

Last edited by Stalagmites on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DOUBLE POST)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stalagmites

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:44 pm

Anfang wrote:
Narcissism is comforting.
It protects and shelters the self-image from painful realisations.
There are all kinds of defensive mechanisms which are in place to protect that attained sense of self and they are highly successful because they work in a way which negates all threats without having to face any challenges.

How about - "You are a bigot!"
No need to actually handle the challenge. What does it matter if the other person is a bigot or not, whatever it means to be a bigot...
No matter, it says nothing about what has been said, whether or not there is truth to it and if yes then what is it that is true about it.

So one defensive method (among many) is to dismiss without consideration.
To explain for the spergs out there - This does not mean that dismissing someone is always narcissistic. The point is not about being dismissive but how to use being dismissive as to never having to reflect about whether or not some allegation or thought has truth to it and what that is.

Which pretty much leads to the core of it - Rejection of truth and truth is rooted and springs from the engagement with reality.

Narcissism is the social norm and its genetic pre-disposition is being selected for.
Because it's not rewarded in manmade society to engage reality.
When what people look for is escaping it in sheltered selfie-bubbles.

Can't successfully escape society - Might as well escape reality in your own mind to function zombie-like within society.

I find, also, that it may be telling in the case that a person feels the need to spit out something quickly and unnecessarily, arising out of the blue/in the wrong context, as if it was 'obvious' and deserving of ridicule (revealed by the tone of voice and laughter), and so, not deserving of any discussion; a closed off conversation so to speak - it's a way to re-enforce their ideology and expel the anxiety created from whatever threat/info. rises within them, during a chat, or whatever. I think it shows over-attachment , and that's usually a sign of detaching from something more sincere, an emotional tension that can be sensed (i.e. the defense mechanisms you refer to), being at war with one's self. These people come across to me as overly-eager to express certain opinions, specifically when it isn't warranted; whatever it is that's helping 'em (e.g. certain info. they've focused on) will be used over and over again. Fanatic and repetitive. Isn't that what preachers are like?

There's a right time and place to bring up certain things, yet for them, it's always the right time, and always the right place!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Stalagmites wrote:
These people come across to me as overly-eager to express certain opinions, specifically when it isn't warranted; whatever it is that's helping 'em (e.g. certain info. they've focused on) will be used over and over again. Fanatic and repetitive. Isn't that what preachers are like?

There's a right time and place to bring up certain things, yet for them, it's always the right time, and always the right place!

A. Crowley says 'invoke often'.

From my own experience, I have never seen reality change through magic, but, my reality, the way how certain events are being interpreted and how I engage the world has changed because of such often invoked prayers.

It's everywhere - sexism, racism...., all invocations.
According to Spare, magic works best in an indirect approach -
The mantra is not 'Sexism is bad' - that's already a given.
The mantra is 'Sexism is in this, in that and in that too...'
That Sexism is bad is not being challenged because 'Sexism is bad' is implicit and not the actual mantra.

Knowing this can be helpful when understanding what some people are actually invoking with their mantras - what is the implicit idea? Because this implicit idea is what is actually being invoked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:09 am

The consequence of narcissism and having a high opinion of yourself is that you think every betrayal of you is the miscalculation of the offender's intelligence. A missed connection/poor judgment. An unforgiving ego or pride will cause a particular kind of masochism where every pain and humiliation caused to you is more evidence of your superiority. Still, you will resent them for their betrayal and will reject them completely and unforgivingly for being both inferior and stupid enough to betray you and as they have slighted you. It is a contradiction, though, to resent the inferior. There lies the battle between what the narcissist pictures themselves as (ideally) and what they actually are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:23 pm

It is in these times where betrayal has no consequence that one feels 'cucked', or 'superior' while also being powerless….

When the state intervenes on behalf of the prosecutor, the prosecutor is to feel like they have achieved justice.. That is, the state acted as proxy and representation for them - as a warrior might avenge their fallen comrade… But the state, does it really represent them? If it does not, or if the person cannot be fooled into believing so, then they have no recourse to avenge themselves against a betrayal without also going up against the state, who is completely against vigilantism. Likewise, the modern state makes the only proper vengeance to be extreme, such as killing or maiming because the state or simply modern wealth has put measures in place to protect from anything less, which the one whom you avenge yourself against would be beneficiary of. Injure him or his property, it provides no fatal meaning to him. Injure his sexual or social standing, and he may move away or to another country and begin anew. There are remedies to lesser vengeances that are performed by an actor without the consent of the state (that which is sole distributor of justice).

As social consequence quickly becomes detached from economic consequence and sexual power (the power of both men and women) is reduced, also reduced are the lighter forms of vengeance which might represent the denial of opportunity or the theft of property. Social shame as a form of vengeance becomes increasingly unimportant in a world of compartmentalization and aloneness… which forces more extreme forms of the shame in order for there to be a measurable effect on the 'victim' of the one who sought vengeance.

Trying to maintain social shame and embarrassment as significant, makes it become hyperinflated, overcompensated and more extreme in order to back up the belief that it is still legitimate within the modern world. Really, an intense vengeance of the female sexual power to ensure there isn't a recovery from her attack. Now the media partakes in petty rumors and exposes them for the world to see. They act as proxies for feminine sexual power. More extreme consequences are harpied for as a result of this loss: such as calling for the firing from one's job if they say one word incorrectly or without tact. Hurting another's feelings can result in the loss of a future. Those men who sympathize with this behavior (feminists) are feminized themselves and relying on those tactics for power or also still perceive themselves as 'above' the increasing intensity of vengeance - always deferring to supporting the judgment of who they perceive to be their females.

For the nihilistic man who may suffer a humiliation but cannot now effectively deal with it, he is stuck choosing between a feeling of 'inferiority' in comparison with the one who wronged him (because the institution protects them from his wrath) or taking up a narcissistic assurance of his own superiority. The latter resulting in masochism.. as at the moment he was powerless against fulfilling his vengeance against an 'inferior' person, he is forced into a moment of self-consciousness to reflect on why it is he is so full of righteous anger but yet without capability to act on it. His vengeance requiring to be extreme (in modern times) and him being unable to associate the participants of [what limits him] (the state) as equal to the one who betrayed him in deserving of his vengeance, and intuitively unable to accept himself as below the one who betrayed him - he ends up having to make his ego inflated to an even larger extreme and believe that his own humiliation is a sign of his superiority. If he had recognized that the masses he may sympathize with are simply ignorant and choosing the path of least resistance - or he allowed himself to pathologize their blind behavior (and what they aim to become), he would have been able to see them for what they are and avoided the rejection of his own sense of righteousness because (through guilt of association) that same righteousness required him to be vengeful against the masses. Unable to act as if there were an inequality which he isn't also responsible for, he is forced to consider/choose between the perception of the masses being aware fully and equally to him in their perception of the slight (and thusly, he chooses an absolute rejection of that perception, as his narcissism) or to sacrifice himself like a lamb to every hungry wolf in an attempt to pay for their (the masses') sins.

Simply, he could not accept he was inferior, because he intuitively knew he would in other times be able to properly acquire his vengeance.. But in modern times where the lighter forms of vengeance are pointless or absurd, he is forced to take more extreme measures which may not be possible or become too risky. He doesn't wish to pay the costs, so he ironically still believes himself superior while having let someone get away with betraying him, consequence free. This is for the sake of efficiency, as it would have taken more effort within these modern times to be a vigilante for his own integrity… or its fulfillment was beyond his power in relation to the alpha institution, which grants its protection to every human.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 am

Everything I do for me, I'm actually doing for the cause of Justice, because I support forcing people to be equal slaves, under me. True equality cannot come without me, ruling over everyone, who are forced into being equal. Only after everyone under me are equally incapable of doing something which might cause inequality towards me, and the capability is highly miniscule, to the point they don't even know I exist, will I then willingly give up power - because I am so gracious; and if you think otherwise, you are clearly a hater.

They will become like zoo tribes in rainforests, who we say are 'untouched', yet see the sky roads in the sky regardless (planes).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism

Back to top Go down

Narcissism
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1