Share | 

Narcissism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Thu May 10, 2018 9:35 am

Paranoia, like narcissism, describes an extreme state, which is dependent on a perceived average.
What most people call paranoia, and what psychologists define it as, is an irrational anxiety that affects the individual's potentials.
That it evolves means it is useful.
Everything that exists is natural, by definition, but where things go astray is when mutations corrupts the utility, by altering its degree.
So fear is natural and it is useful....indispensable.
We know what happens in those who have an abnormal level of fear - see the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
there is a adjustment downward, where individuals have lower anxiety, and there there's an adjustment upward, its opposite, where the individual shows too much anxiety - manifesting in extreme distrust, irrational skepticism.

This is a matter of degree...as is narcissism an inflated self-love - an overestimation of self.
The opposite of low self-esteem and an underestimation of self, expressed as overly concerned with other peoples opinions of you, a lack of confidence, crippling self-consciousness....
Narcissism is the opposite with a different variety of consequences...one being that there is no possibility for self-improvement when you do not acknowledge any responsibility or you misjudge your own participation in a failed judgment.

Paranoia is the same.
Everyone has a degree of irrational fear, skepticism, expressed as distrust....but it does not inhibit actions.
Paranoia is the extreme degree of mistrust, an irrational mistrust, which cannot be justified by the circumstances and which affects the individuals life negatively....by denying him opportunities, by preventing actions, taking chances/risks.
Paranoia is not the whispering of one's internal voice to be careful of another, no matter how nice and trustworthy he seems....its an extreme case of anxiety that prevents any connection with anyone on the ground that he may hurt you.
That's always a possibility, no doubt, but a possibility is not a probability and a probability is not a certainty.

View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Fri May 18, 2018 2:19 am

Yes that makes sense. I suppose the way you use it it makes sense. It's just moderns go around calling everyone they don't like a narcissist. It's like the word psychopath. Moderns use it as as derogatory term. When many pyschpaths are just victims of anhedonia.

Same with narcissists. Different types of em and not all are cold or heartless. Some narcissists also lack confidence in social things and are only narcissists in their own minds. Most narcissists are victims of abuse and due to masculine aggression being banned, turn inward with resentment. All religious people are narcissists thus the term is redundant. Teaching children they will go to hell if they don't obey is a form of child abuse. I don't like to use labeling terms but specifics. Rather than call them narcissists I simply say they are delusional and closeminded, depending on the level of delusion and closemindedness I'd say most are beyond the point of no return at least nowadays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:02 am

Narcissists are instinctive salesmen/merchants.

They want to convince you of the great value they have to offer, the great value they are.
This also applies to their possessions. Look at this nice set of cutlery I have, it's of great value, I have great value, I am great value, only 14.99$.
You gotta have this, everybody wants this, everybody likes this, it's great value. Buy this and prove its value.

Selling you on stuff, be it possessions or whatever they have tied themselves to is instinctive for the narcissist.
Selling you something gives them an immediate reward of feeling increased self-worth, not only some more money in their pockets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:57 pm

Anfang wrote:
Narcissists are instinctive salesmen/merchants.

They want to convince you of the great value they have to offer, the great value they are.
This also applies to their possessions. Look at this nice set of cutlery I have, it's of great value, I have great value, I am great value, only 14.99$.
You gotta have this, everybody wants this, everybody likes this, it's great value. Buy this and prove its value.

Selling you on stuff, be it possessions or whatever they have tied themselves to is instinctive for the narcissist.
Selling you something gives them an immediate reward of feeling increased self-worth, not only some more money in their pockets.

I disagree.

Jayden Fuller wrote:
In sales there is a lot of rejection. Rejection, sadly and not getting their way does not sit well with a Narcissist. ! Formula for disaster !

If there's no selling per say in marketing, then a better chance of success in this field.

Narcissism is a female quality so likely you would find one bragging about how good someone else's product is. Not directly to sell it, they would not take the risk of outright rejection as Narcissism usually forms to compensate after a long strings of rejections and invalidations. But you might find them in the comment section praising something as a form of vicarious narcissism in order to contribute to someone else's narcissism. Sort of like trump supporters.

Adena Demonte wrote:
Narcissists are people who only feel good when they are being praised and admired by other people. Sales and marketing are two very different careers — sales is extremely hard and in order to enjoy sales you should not only like making good money but also really find satisfaction in the power of winning a deal. However, narcissists may not be able to handle losing deals, which is part of being in sales.
Narcissists simply do not have the stomach for repeated rejections which is most certainly the case in a career in sales.
Second of all they feel uncomfortable around commoners and to be a good salesman you really have to step in a commoners shoes, and have 1on1 conversations with total randoms, something a narcissist does not feel comfortable doing.

A sociopath would be good at sales, but their Narcissistic qualities would usually just lower their morale and motivation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:08 pm

Narcissists unload the 'negative' upon other and retain the self-identity of pure good, pure genius, pure motive, pure ideal.
All negative traits are blamed on other and hated, made to suffer.

The individual remains idealized.
Some minor negative traits are admitted to pretend objectivity, sometimes taking the form of an indirect self-flattery like:
"My only fault is I am too trusting and people take advantage of me."
Anything negative is blamed or unloaded on other.
It's a static state of self-destruction because the individual admits to no wrong he is doomed to repeat the same errors.

The narcissist manipulates others by using self as the negative example...for example he may project what he secretly knows he is guilty of and then manipulate self through other.
The other becomes a sounding board for the ego to listen to itself emoting.  
It may take the form of Messiah psychosis....the individual feeling like he is a victim of his own kindness, or goodness, or genius.
It's never him, it's always the world that is evil, unable to appreciate his gifts, his offering; the world wanting to crucify the one who offers power, salvation, enlightenment.

Last edited by Satyr on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:07 am

satyr wrote:

The narcissist manipulates others by suing self as the negative example...for example he may project what he secretly knows he is guilty of and then manipulate self through other.
Not sure what this means.

Satyr wrote:
Narcissists unload the 'negative' upon other and retain the self-identity of pure good, pure genius, pure motive, pure ideal.
All negative traits are blamed on other and hated, made to suffer.

The individual remains idealized.
Some minor negative traits are admitted to pretend objectivity, sometimes taking the form of an indirect self-flattery like:
"My only fault is I am too trusting and people take advantage of me."
Anything negative is blamed or unloaded on other.
It's a static state of self-destruction because the individual admits to no wrong he is doomed to repeat the same errors.

The other becomes a sounding board for the ego to listen to itself emoting.  
It may take the form of Messiah psychosis....the individual feeling like he is a victim of his own kindness, or goodness, or genius.
It's never him, it's always the world that is evil, unable to appreciate his gifts, his offering; the world wanting to crucify the one who offers power, salvation, enlightenment.
Guilty as charged.

But I never said I was pure genius or anything. Genius but not pure genius. However I do offer salvation to this primitive world.

Watching a war movie of all the dead bodies. Thousands upon thousands. Is that what you really want? That's what you get with the current management and pathetic humans. I offer salvation from all this. Haven't you spent enough time putting your faith in pathetic humans? Face the facts that maybe the world actually is evil, and that I actually may very well be the messiah.

84% of the world is religious. The vast majority of people are stupid savages. Face the facts that the world is to blame. Dont know why you continue to act like everything is my fault. Maybe when I say that the world is stupid savages, its not just narcissism, but face the facts that most of them actually are stupid savages.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:26 am

It means the narcissist projects upon others what he intuitively or lucidly knows he is guilty of.
Everything 'negative' about him, everything he does not like about himself, he accuses others of.
This leaves only the flattering, the 'positive' to identify with.
So it's a warped sense of self-love.
The blind kind of love. The kind that can see no wrong in the loved one.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism

Back to top Go down

Narcissism
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2