Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Food and Health

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Food and Health - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Even the patterns participating in the unity, the congruity of organism, is not in perfect harmony.
Attraction/Repulsion, though decreased over time, is still part of the internal hierarchy, resulting in dis-ease, and/or in personality.

With meditation, the mind calms the nervous system, which is stressed by this internal disharmony.
The nervous system being the nexus connecting mind/body, resulting in the external/internal or in the usual binary self/other.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 6:08 pm

With proper nutrition the (inter)activity between one organ and the other, one cell and the other, is reduced or is brought into a more harmonious congruity, reducing friction, and with it the potential for dis-ease.
Exercise rids the mind/body of excess, free-radical, energies, unable to be integrated into the unity.
Proper diet, specific to each species, and to each individual within species, reduces the production of these free-radicals, placing less stress upon the processes, and reducing the friction their (inter)actions produce naturally.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Foods of less complexity, such as those consumed by herbivores, refer us back to our original nutritional habits, before the needs of the organ brain necessitated a more complex food source, one packed with more energies.

Our digestive organs are less strained by the digestive process of breaking apart and assimilating, and then riding itself of the excess toxins, what cannot be integrated into the unity.
At the same time the nutrition absorbed is less condensed - the sun's energies less intense, requiring more digestion and processing.
More condensed solar energy, puts stress on the organism, not originally evolved to be a carnivore, but evolving the habit out of necessity, and this enables larger brains to evolve and to be fed its high energy demands.
Balance is required here.

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
CONCLUSIONS:
This study showed that a wheat flour-fermented product, having gluten completely degraded, is not toxic for patients with CD (celiac disease). Nevertheless, these foods should not be recommended for patients with celiac disease until a formal trial has been done.

It's trendy in "Hollywood" to order gluten-free. Nevertheless there are people who actually don't do well with gluten, in severe cases they have celiac disease. There are also a number of other health issues related to gluten in food. It's not "just" inflamed intestines, it also includes respiratory and neurological diseases.

So why is something like celiac disease on the rise within populations so quickly? Are they all genetic mutations suddenly exploding in numbers from one generation to the next (or even within the same generation of peoples)?

From what I've gathered there are several reasons:
1) modern genetic variants of wheat and other grains contain more gluten than before

2) gluten is extracted from wheat to gain starch for food and technical industrial processes and this gluten is not discarded but added to flour mixtures, vegetarian food supplements (ka-ching) or further chemically altered and used in things like soup bases due to the creation of glutamates (the tasty ingredient in all kinds of fast food products).

3) wheat products of all kinds, be it bread or noodles were in former times fermented/dried in the open air for a prolonged times and the bacteria involved in this process reduced the amount of gluten proteins to almost zero (around 10 ppm)
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi, my name is Bob.
This is the story about Bob and the fish dish.

As it is well known, fish is super healthy. Much healthier than other meats. Trust me, I have heard this a long time ago, I mean, I know this since a long time and have never heard another reason to question it. Well, this is not entirely true. Once somebody told me it’s not super healthy but later I heard from more people that it is super healthy, so that’s how that got decided.

Anyways, I keep having issues with eating fish. Don't feel so good afterwards. I tell you, it must be the fat that they've used to fry it. Another time I found that the fish must have been fed with low quality fish food. Then a third time, after hearing such stories on TV, I came to the conclusion that it’s those antibiotics which they use at those fish farms. You know how it is, you eat a super healthy fish meal and boom, because of some traces of antibiotics in the food you feel sick from it soon afterwards. Luckily it passes after a few hours.

So why is Bob posting this here now, you may ask?
Isn’t it obvious?

Well, in case it is not, let me be more direct and spill the fishy guts.
It’s that I need to find more reasons why the super healthy fish that I keep eating is making me feel sick.
You see, I’m beginning to doubt that fish is this super healthy food that I should be eating. As you will realise, this development is dangerous because I may end up quitting this whole fish business and what then?! Then I’m screwed for not eating that super healthy food.

Looking for some experts to give me reasons to hang in there.
Signed, Bob.

What ya gonna do... Rolling Eyes
Bob will be Bob and remain Bob till the end of Bob.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 2:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 8:06 am

I posted a similar video about salt some time ago, the book I've red is called salt fix.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 8:36 am

I think the guy mentions that book "The salt fix" as well in the video as a reference.
If there wouldn't be the popular idea floating around that you should lower your salt intake then there would not be much need to talk about taking proper amounts of salt. People would usually gravitate towards taking an amount which works best for them.

It's good to have some pointers, getting some ideas as to what might improve certain conditions and try things out but ultimately you have to observe your own bodily reactions.

Some people are looking for that moral high of eating healthy. In that case it's not important what they eat as long as it's not poisonous and some highly esteemed source is telling them some secret sauce to be super healthy.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 8:42 am

Another thing which seems to be helpful is to develop a desire for quality, a taste in your food and cooking.
Becoming judgemental about what you eat according to your own standards as you observe how you react to the food you eat/cook.
Doesn't matter what is on the label or how expensive or inexpensive it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 8:59 am

If you want to understand, you have to acquire a frame-work knowledge of biology, anatomy, nutrition, hormones etc. to be able to discern between hoax and legitimate observations and propositions. A lot of things also require a certain level of intelligence and a knowledge of statistics to be useful. Best thing for an average person is to find somebody who looks trustworthy and seems reputable, experiment with their recommendations, try to objectively judge your physical state after introducing certain changes over some extended period of time and take blood tests regularly to overview your basic hormonal state and how the particular combination of a diet with lifestyle delivers on basic bodily needs.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 9:08 am

polishyouth wrote:
If you want to understand, you have to acquire a frame-work knowledge of biology, anatomy, nutrition, hormones etc. to be able to discern between hoax and legitimate observations and propositions.

This seems to be a good approach. Don't start with looking for solutions to illnesses or conditions but to understand the body chemistry and physiological phenomena.

Otherwise it's always use/eat this to solve that problem you have, which is usually a very narrow and often not helpful analysis of your condition(s) even if the "expert" were to be sincere in his wish to help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 am

Ye, the capitalism sells information and uses information to sell but its priority is not objectivity and clarity but popularity and marketability. As an example you could take million things, like eating only meat or only vegetables, two things that have spawned millions of gigabytes of discussion, anger, excitement, hate, have made A LOT of money(for vegetarians especially) whilst the whole discussion can be set out, explained and cleared-out with a couple of textbooks, a website with reputable studies and a person with a background-knowledge and enough intelligence and honesty to be able to read them and interpret them into a frame-work with clear 'grey-areas', clear 'clear-areas' and tens of branches that shoot-out out of them with more or less probability of being true or not. There are obvious reasons why this isn't popular, one of them being that most people either simply cant comprehend sophisticated and nuanced argument that keeps its reservations and its conclusions are shifting and inter-dependent and estimated on probabilities or would get bored and need something simple like: WOMEN BAD, CHURCH GOOD, NIGGERS BAD, WHITE GOOD, EUROPE CUCKED, PATRARCHY GOOD, ARISTOCRACY GOOD, DEMOCRACY BAD etc. etc..., something simple, that you can expose like a perv exposes his genitalia and then quickly runs off after he caused the stir he needed to feel good.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 10:42 am

You don't need textbooks, studies, blood work, "experts" and so on to figure out nutrition. If anything, too much emphasis on these things is harmful. It is a waste of time (unless you're getting paid to research it), a sign of an enslaved mind detached from nature, and only takes attention away from the obvious reality that it is literally impossible to even survive on vegetables only in nature, much less thrive.

Nature's hand reaches out to punish such idiocy even in highly sheltering modern environments, the punishment would be orders of magnitude more severe in a natural environment with no supermarkets and supplements. No discussion required.

Quote :
WOMEN BAD, CHURCH GOOD, NIGGERS BAD, WHITE GOOD, EUROPE CUCKED, PATRARCHY GOOD, ARISTOCRACY GOOD, DEMOCRACY BAD

Outrageous, I bet the primitives who hold these positions are also the kind to urinate standing up. Filthy barbarians.

Seriously, where's the lie tho?

Simple as these positions are, if acted upon they would result in a more powerful system than we have now.

If by good we mean naturally more competitive: The instinct to have reverence for higher things is good, the instinct to hate the out-group (especially niggers) is good, the instinct to prefer ingroup is good, the assessment of Europe as cucked is correct, patriarchy is good, the instinct to judge people on their merits (aristocracy) rather than treat all equally with no regard for reality (democracy) is good.

What is the counter-argument? I guess the best you can do is sarcastically imply these positions are wrong and people who believe in them are stupid or simple or whatever, attempting to cause emotional shame instead of giving actual arguments.

So we shouldn't trust our instincts, the accumulated wisdom of our ancestors passed down to us through blood, and we should never draw any actionable conclusions so that we appear skeptical and sophisticated because everything is shifting and grey lol. You advocate suspending judgment, yet reality is all about making judgments and picking one thing over another, constantly. Completely hypocritical and delusional.

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 2:33 pm

I think you are confusing yourself and others in the meantime, aristocracy can refer to many things, so does democracy and there have been democracies more aristocratic than some other historical aristocracies and aristocracies more democratic(in their spirit at least, obviously not literally due to the conditions of balance of power required by definition for an aristocracy to exist)than some historical democracies. These two are simply two systems of governance, I dont quite see where you get their connection to whether a society is meritocratic or egalitarian...If I allow somebody who is evidently inferior to me to vote, it doesn't automatically mean I do it because I believe he and all others should be equal...I think, personally, that democracy is a high achievement of white races and their Western Civilization(but too includes ancient Greeks, of course) where a certain dignity is given to a citizen and a member of it, where he is the object of power, not a mere subject...There is a split between an egalitarian and meritocratic democracy in the western thought, whilst you assume any democratic activity is a linear path to egalitarianism and modern day America...
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 1:14 pm

Broccoli is a vegetable which is particularly rejected by children because of its taste.
Their liver is also not as capable of digesting the plant's toxins as the one of an adult.

It's almost as if their taste buds evolved together with their liver and the rest of their body to make a functioning whole. What tastes bad to us is very often an indication of what we should not eat and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 10:46 am

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 12:05 pm

I have heard this before - that there are very few solid studies on diet recommendations. Most we get to hear is just exaggerated or plain bad studies which are used to push some lobby interests or social engineering efforts.
What is a returning theme is that there is a large variation within the population. If you eat something and it makes you very tired or even feel sick then it is most likely not healthy for you. Try to find something or an eating habit which makes you feel more vigorous.
What is also overrated is the idea that we lack certain vitamins or minerals. In most cases, if we are feeling sick from a diet it's not what is missing but something we shouldn't have eaten, something poisonous, at least for us individually.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 12:10 pm

Another factor....what combinations of foods you consume.
Each individual's biochemistry is slightly different.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 1:55 pm

I make a lot of meat soups and stews. And I can say it isn't so much about the actual meat, but the nutrients extracted from the connective tissues and bones. Which is why I use meats broths and bone broths when I cook. You can feel the difference in how its digested. Its very satiating.

Also, it may sound trivial, but what kind of cookware you use also has a big effect in food retaining its health benefits . I cook in cast iron. Since i gave given up Teflon pans and other stainless steel and switched to cast iron, ill never go back. It infuses the meal with iron and allows food to taste the way it should be. I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 9:10 pm

Seeing as I'm trying to lower the amount I spend on food while maximizing available time, a food I have in the morning:
125mcg Vitamin D3 w/ 180 mcg Vitamin K-2: pill form
Plain quick-oatmeal with milk.
- Added potassium powder (for potassium)
- Added Vitamin C powder
2 hardboiled eggs

I'm working on my night, after-work diet:
Rice (1 cup leftover from lunch), Eggs, Dark Chocolate, Nuts
- Magnesium supplement (2x 100mg chelated magnesium: pill form)
- Krill oil (1x 1000mg: pill form)

Right now working on a staple lunch as well:
Rice (1 cup dry prepared in small pot)
Shredded chicken mixture (2 cups)
==
Cook chicken breast in baking dish pre-sprayed with oil.
Shred Chicken in large bowl. (with an egg beater)
Add to Shredded chicken in the bowl, per every 2 breasts/cups of chicken:
- Nutritional Yeast (4 tablespoons)
- Coconut oil (1-2 tablespoon)
- Garlic to taste (bottled)
- Diced Tomatoes (1 canned)
- Onion (1 pre-diced)
Use leftovers throughout the week.
==
Combine: 2 cups cooked rice and chicken mixture

========

Important is to have your magnesium and Zinc without any calcium blocking absorption. I have no zinc rich foods that aren't expensive or merely the shredded chicken.

Collagen is another that needs to be addressed (taken with Vitamin C, probably powdered in the oatmeal), and curcumin.

Apparently oats have phytates which block absorption as well - I am considering taking up rice instead.

^
1.  600-1000 mg of Magnesium
2. 300 mg of Vitamin K2 (in KM7 form)
3. 10 g Collagen
4. 1 - 3 g of Chlorella
5. 2000 - 6000 IU of Vitamin D
6. Fish Oil (Omega 3)
7. 1.5 - 2 g Curcumin
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 9:39 pm

With regards to rice, use dehulled - without the bran - rice:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 2:32 am

I used to think that Vitamin D (D3) (a hormone) is good as a supplement but because of personal experience I stopped taking any and then looked into reasons, possible explanations why it's not a good idea to take that hormone supplement.

Yes. that guy again.
I’ll list some points he is making:

These days, it’s not just young children or old people, today everybody is taking vitamin D supplements. There are people coming home from a 4 week vacation, having a nice suntan, go to the doctor to diagnose their vitamin D level with the result that they have a deficiency.
“Obviously the sun is not what it once used to be.” *sarcastic inflection*

During winter, the explanations sound more reasonable that you don’t get enough sunlight. There are some professors of medicine on the internet explaining that the angle of the sun is very flat and so you don’t get enough of it. As we know, during winter you always lie flat on the ground, where the angle of the sunrays on your skin is just too flat.
Yet there are people who go skiing in the winter and do some sunbathing in the mountains, who come home with a sunburn. That’s where you can see that there is enough sun for your skin to produce vitamin D in the winter.

@2:00 A study from Italy where they diagnosed that people with a non-alcoholic-fatty-liver have low vitamin D levels. So in a big study they gave them vitamin D for 24 weeks. Result; zero effect.

And that’s what we see in most studies, A long list of diseases correlate with having a low vitamin D level. On the other hand, once you give them the supplement it remains ineffectual. Why is that? - It’s because vitamin D is not the reason, it’s only a correlation, an indicator of a lack of sun exposure.
Sick people, old weak people, what they have in common is that they don’t get as much sun exposure and therefor have lower vitamin D levels in their blood. But they don’t have their old-age-diseases because of a lack of sun exposure but because they are old.
This correlation makes it possible to develop an argument for a profitable business with vitamin D supplements.

The key point he is making is this: Low levels of vitamin D are an indicator of not enough sunlight exposure. Sunlight has much more physiological effects than merely vitamin D synthesis.

By the way, I was lying to you, I was talking about vitamin D but vitamin D is not a vitamin, it’s a hormone. And nobody would have the idea to start eating hormones carelessly in just any dosage. [Well, these days… some might..]

@4:40 Next study. This is where all this vitamin D affair began. It turned out later that the study was garbage, disproven by other studies as well.

@5:25 They did a large meta study on the other available vitamin D studies with the result that unfortunately vitamin D supplements have no effect.

@6:35 onwards, more studies on cancer, heart disease. Conclusion: no effect. What about the popular case for vitamin D supplementation, osteoporosis? Conclusion: Neither calcium nor vitamin D should be recommended to avoid bone fractures among old people.

@7:50 “Study” that recommends that you should be careful about taking vitamin D supplements because of the known possible side-effects.

@8:45 He shows off his handbook of vitamins, which shows all or better to say a lot of the various forms and modifications of the vitamin molecules in the human body. The shown diagram shows off the known vitamin D interactive tree in the body. Now imagine taking a large amount of the hormone vitamin D3 with its various levels of purity (you always have modified molecules in those supplements as well due to limitations in the production process) and you insert this hormone into your body chemistry and its regulations. This can have unintended effects.
Bottomline: Be careful about taking those hormones.

@11:45 By now the producers of vitamin D supplements have become more careful, now they also list the potential side-effects of taking too much vitamin D. Turns out it can lead to all kinds of health problems. So they prescribe something which is supposed to help with all kinds of these issues while also writing that it may cause exactly those various issues if you take “too much”. Very nice.
But how much is too much? [From my own experience, I don’t take any hormone D supplements anymore, it didn’t take much to mess up my health temporarily, but that varies a lot between individuals]

He keeps on going, that was just half the video.

What can I say, if it’s something which got popularised in the last decade or so, chances are it’s going to make you sick. Falls into the modern pattern.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 2:50 am

Nice info. I might cut out D3 then and go only for the K-2 MK7 supplement.

It's easy to say "it's all pointless fad" and ignore health trends - but a diverse diet is an expensive one; in time or resources.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 10:13 am

I mostly eat calcium, magnesium (to prevent cramps in gym), selenium and omega 3. + Branched-chain amino acids. Fortunately I've never taken D3 daily.

Currently have this, but I rarely remember to take it.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 12:07 pm

Some people insist that it helps them a great deal to take vitamin D3 supplements. They even take it in physiologically unnatural huge amounts. Maybe it works for them, I don't know. Then there are people who say if you take them and you feel sick every time after taking them then you just gotta take more and or continue to take them.

I think, it's very healthy to get a good amount of sun exposure. Our bodies can store some of the hormone precursors for the winter time. I mean, obviously try not to get sunburnt, that would be obviously too much, but I feel much better if I get some sun on my skin.
I also think that was very common among the ancients as well, especially in the North. If it's usually very cold and you get a sunny day in January or February or March, depending on your geographic location, I imagine everybody was using those hours to get some warmth into their body. That's before they had central heating and making firewood was very labor intensive.

My view is that you can get pretty much everything you need from a very basic diet. It has to be tailored to your individual physiology but if you get some meat and some wheat, most people will be pretty much ok. Maybe add some local fruits, berries, nothing fancy or exotic. Just try it and if you feel healthy and energetic afterwards continue eating it, if not try something else. In fact stay away from the exotic fruits, some have a tendency to induce allergies to other foods. Keep it simple.

Imagine anybody surviving for more than 10 years in the past when all they ate was very monotonous and simple. You ate what you could get or nothing at all. So if you stay with the traditional cuisine of your country/region then that's a good starting point since you should be genetically somewhat selected for such a diet.
One can also look up what has been the typical diet of an ancient athlete or soldier, if you do then look up primary literature not modern interpretations of it.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Apparently, it's not printed on the label but there are many more vitamins and minerals in meat than what you get to read on the package. That's why people can survive without an exact dietary plan, that's where they get all that their mammal body needs, from the flesh they eat of another mammal.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Yes, sun is very essential for the mood, even fake sun (solarium) affects the mood. I mostly eat what my stomach thinks is good. For example I don't like oat bread, it leaves an empty feeling in my stomach (rye bread is better for me). So when working out, I never go for starvation diet. I tried it few times, but it wasn't worth it.

It might just be me, but I hate being around other people when I'm starving or feel weak, even going outside to run on low energy diets, so maybe it could have something to do with a survival instinct as well and people who are used to more sheltering and safe environments they don't have this problem.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 12:19 pm

Chlorophyll, krill oil both contain anasthaxin: DHT blocker. Curcumin contains a DHT blocker as well. I immediately noticed decreased libido when taking all three.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Food and Health
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA :: EPICURE-
Jump to: