Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Random Questions Box

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Random Questions Box - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Divergense wrote:
Maybe I'm using the word in a broader sense than you.

For me, fear encompasses apprehension, angst, anxiety, nervousness...

For me, these are all just gradations of fear.

Sure, cultivate your fear, trim the excess, and don't allow it to overwhelm your consciousness completely, even in survival situations if possible.

Sometimes we can lack fear even, it's all about balance/context.

No, it seems like we are on the same page; I agree that angst, anxiety, nervousness, and so on are gradations of fear.

I simply don't see any utility in those things for myself.
Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Erik wrote:
Divergense wrote:
Maybe I'm using the word in a broader sense than you.

For me, fear encompasses apprehension, angst, anxiety, nervousness...

For me, these are all just gradations of fear.

Sure, cultivate your fear, trim the excess, and don't allow it to overwhelm your consciousness completely, even in survival situations if possible.

Sometimes we can lack fear even, it's all about balance/context.

No, it seems like we are on the same page; I agree that angst, anxiety, nervousness, and so on are gradations of fear.

I simply don't see any utility in those things for myself.
Of course you know your own life better than I ever could.

Fear is what keeps us from getting drunk, making an ass and a pig of ourselves, winding up in jail, prison, the hospital or morgue for nothing.

Fear is what keeps us from walking down an Afro-infested alleyway at night.

Fear is what keeps us away from psychotic bitches that can't take rejection.

Fear is what keeps us counting the cost, thinking to ourselves, maybe X isn't worth it, maybe Y isn't wroth it, maybe boxing isn't worth it, because my intelligence is too important to me.
I may want to be a writer some day, and I don't want to numb my skull, or, maybe being a recluse isn't worth it, because friends, or girls are too important to me, and the thought of being completely and utterly alone, terrifies me.
I just had a major fight, it took everything I had, maybe I should cool off for a few months, give my body and brain a chance to recover.
Maybe I should pay the bills, take care of rent first, and then I can go gambling, carousing and cavorting, or maybe I shouldn't be gambling in the first place, as the odds, especially slots, are 20/1 in their favor, and I want to save some money in the bank for a rainy day.
Maybe these drugs I'm thinking of taking for my anxiety, or the fluoride in my toothpaste, or the 5 cans of pop, loaded with aspartame/sugar, or the Asian food, loaded with MSG/salt, might have consequences I should look into first, before I give myself over to them.

I think we need anxiety, everyday... every moment, so long as it has something to do with experience, reason and research, and it's not a complete chemical imbalance, or a product of faulty logic.
Even in modernity, there's still plenty of dangers lurking beneath the glitz and glam.
Having fear doesn't necessarily mean being paralyzed either, it can be constructive, like people built castles, in order to protect themselves, and their kings and queens from potential threats, people research things, they learn about health, about physiology, psychology and neurology, to better cope and deal with things, before they arise (preventative medicine/nutrition), people build their bodies, due to fear, because they got beaten up at school, or they're worried about defending themselves or their mate from predators.

Fear can be constructive, it can be a positive influence in ones life.
Try to see the positive in negativity and the negative in positivity, you might see they're far more interconnected than you realize... inseparable even, in many respects, it's not so simple, 1/0, black/white.
I wouldn't buy into the positivism wholeheartedly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 6:57 pm

Quote :
I want to live life more fearlessly. Fear, for the most part, is a hindrance; it inhibits one from experiencing the plenitude of life.  Imagine living without anxieties, without insecurities; liberation!

Answer : Alcahol 

Its true! It would very much relate to why some people become/are alcoholics.

A man can only ever be brave when he is afraid. 

You should instead prioritize your fears to the defense higher ideals and the hindering ones will fade. 

Fathers for example generally have less of a fear of death. I think it has less to do with the knowledge that their genetic line will live on, and more to do with a entity that they now place above themselves, prioritizing and saving the fear for it instead.

Get it?

But a child is hardly the only form. So search your own form instead of what you seek now.

Lives with trivial attachments fear death. And children now days very much fear it less than adults.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:12 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:
Quote :
I want to live life more fearlessly. Fear, for the most part, is a hindrance; it inhibits one from experiencing the plenitude of life.  Imagine living without anxieties, without insecurities; liberation!

Answer : Alcahol 

Its true! It would very much relate to why some people become/are alcoholics.

A man can only ever be brave when he is afraid. 

You should instead prioritize your fears to the defense higher ideals and the hindering ones will fade. 

Fathers for example generally have less of a fear of death. I think it has less to do with the knowledge that their genetic line will live on, and more to do with a entity that they now place above themselves, prioritizing and saving the fear for it instead.

Get it?

But a child is hardly the only form. So search your own form instead of what you seek now.

Lives with trivial attachments fear death. And children now days very much fear it less than adults.

Alcohol is a temporary solution to a long term problem, amigo.

My goal is akin to the Samurai in this regard; I seek to be numb to fear, if possible. If not possible, then I seek to dominate it, control it - make it my bitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:24 pm

Yeah, my bad, overestimation on my part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:31 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:
Yeah, my bad, overestimation on my part.

Mind explaining what, the devil, your avatar is about?
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Nietzsche wrote:
Do you possess courage, O my brothers? Are you stout-hearted? Not courage in the presence of witnesses, but hermit's and eagle's courage, which not even a god observes any more?
I do not call cold-spirited, mulish, blind or intoxicated men stout-hearted. He possesses heart who knows fear but masters fear; who sees the abyss, but sees it with pride
He who sees the abyss, but with an eagle's eyes - he who grasps the abyss with an eagle's claws: he possesses courage.

-

For courage is the best destroyer - courage that attacks: for in every attack there is a triumphant shout.

Courage lies in self-overcoming, self mastery. You cannot be courageous if you do not first feel fear. Fear is not shameful, if you are not ruled by it.
It is base and shameful to be ruled by emotion, to have your higher rationality controlled by the animal instincts. But it is also base to deny one's inherent instincts, as they do serve you and act in your interests.

To numb your fear is to surrender to it, as you have therefore admitted that you cannot face it. If you do not feel fear at all, you are ignorant of the potential dangers.
Know fear, know thyself, and master it.

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:07 pm

apaosha wrote:
Nietzsche wrote:
Do you possess courage, O my brothers? Are you stout-hearted? Not courage in the presence of witnesses, but hermit's and eagle's courage, which not even a god observes any more?
I do not call cold-spirited, mulish, blind or intoxicated men stout-hearted. He possesses heart who knows fear but masters fear; who sees the abyss, but sees it with pride
He who sees the abyss, but with an eagle's eyes - he who grasps the abyss with an eagle's claws: he possesses courage.

-

For courage is the best destroyer - courage that attacks: for in every attack there is a triumphant shout.

Courage lies in self-overcoming, self mastery. You cannot be courageous if you do not first feel fear. Fear is not shameful, if you are not ruled by it.
It is base and shameful to be ruled by emotion, to have your higher rationality controlled by the animal instincts. But it is also base to deny one's inherent instincts, as they do serve you and act in your interests.

To numb your fear is to surrender to it, as you have therefore admitted that you cannot face it. If you do not feel fear at all, you are ignorant of the potential dangers.
Know fear, know thyself, and master it.

I already have wisdom of fear; I've felt it, experienced it numerous times. It is embedded in my psyche, therefore I don't, really, need to experience it anymore; I could, technically, have some neurosurgeon alter my brain so I don't feel fear, and I would be able to function like anyone else, even better, actually. I would be able to remember to look both ways before crossing the road, keep my hands away from steaming hot items, know to stay away from predatory animals, etc. My reasoning faculties would remind me of the dangers, not the primal sensation of fear - which has the all too common tendency to paralyze, to inhibit action.

A question: Who do you think would fight more efficiently? The fighter who is overwhelmed with fear ( trembling ), or the fighter who feels no fear?
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:26 pm

Therein lies the necessity for self-mastery. The self is a multitude, a nation, the Will is it's tyrant.

A wise ruler controls his subjects, but also pays heed to their warnings.

Quote :
A question: Who do you think would fight more efficiently? The fighter who is overwhelmed with fear ( trembling ), or the fighter who feels no fear?

The trembler has surrendered to fear, but still has an appreciation of danger; he knows the risks, and fears them.

The other is a bit vague. How does he not feel fear? Is he numbed, medicated? Ignorant? Does he lack the imagination to project possible futures and surmise outcomes and potential risks? Does he not fear his opponent because their skills are so unequal?

Presuming that they are equal in skill, I would say the trembler would win your little pissing contest because fear is a great motivator. Fear of death, pain, humiliation, defeat is what motivates him to win. The other has no motivation, has no desire to win, no instinct of self-preservation, feels nothing.

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 pm

The fighter who feels no fear is sure of himself; he has mastered his art of fighting, and mastered himself, i.e., his impulses. He feels no fear because he is so confident in his abilities. The trembler, on the other hand, is insecure -unsure of himself.

It's not that the fearless fighter has no desire; he does - he wants to win. But for reasons already stated, he is without fear.

Edit: As a boxer, I can attest to the fact that I fight so, so much better when I am cool, calm, and collected. When I am anxious, or nervous, I tense up and feel weaker.

Last edited by Erik on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:36 pm

The human condition, from sex to art, can be understood as dealing with existential anxiety/fear.

It is what Nietzsche called resentiment.
The mind awakening to its own temporal, temporary, essence, and having to come to terms with this.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:51 pm

Then you have answered your own question.

There is no risk for the confident one, hence no fear. Therefore fear is not the factor in this match, but simply a consequence of the differing skill levels, and so no conclusion can be drawn of the utility of fear as the psychological condition of a fighter.

The trembler is unsure, perhaps because past failures warn him that he will fail again, the other the reverse, experience has proven his abilities as superior. Confidence is the outcome of proving self under duress, under fear. One becomes habituated to the struggle and eventually it becomes a matter of ease. Confidence is the excess of self-mastery, but fear is not gone, just submerged, controlled.

Quote :
Edit: As a boxer, I can attest to the fact that I fight so, so much better when I am cool, calm, and collected. When I am anxious, or nervous, I tense up and feel weaker.

When you are in control, yes.

My point here, and the quote I provided, is to know fear and master it. Not to deny it, or circumvent it, but to accept it as an intrinsic part of self and to control it, make it serve you, work in your interest.
Use it.

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:24 pm

Apaosha wrote:
When you are in control, yes.

My point here, and the quote I provided, is to know fear and master it. Not to deny it, or circumvent it, but to accept it as an intrinsic part of self and to control it, make it serve you, work in your interest.
Use it.

I see what you are saying, and I agree.

It would be more noble to confront fear and conquer it, as opposed to trying to negate it, or numb it, though being numb to it is still preferable over being ruled by it. My intention is to face it and master it. I made a post about this a couple days ago stating that I plan on going into a very isolated wilderness for a couple days by myself to meditate on death in the attempt to overcome the fear of it.

Have you mastered the fear of death, Apaosha?
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:32 pm

Mastery is a process.
Mastery of fear is the control of it.
Like controlling a raging animal - the point is not sedating it but controlling its potential as a raging animal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Anfang wrote:
Mastery is a process.
Mastery of fear is the control of it.
Like controlling a raging animal - the point is not sedating it but controlling its potential as a raging animal.

Very succinct.

I concur.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 2:16 am

Bit of a time waster, but what's everyone's star sign?

I'm a Scorpio... although my birthday in October seems to be on the cusp of Libra/Scorpio

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 2:20 am

perpetualburn wrote:

I'm a Scorpio... although my birthday in October seems to be on the cusp of Libra/Scorpio

Cancer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Question of the day:

If you were somehow forced to choose between saving the life of your beloved dog, or the child of another ( a cute little girl - blue eyes and blonde hair ), which would you save?

I asked a similar question not too long ago, but no tricks this time.

Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Erik wrote:
Question of the day:

If you were somehow forced to choose between saving the life of your beloved dog, or the child of another ( a cute little girl - blue eyes and blonde hair ), which would you save?

If it was a cute little girl, I'd save the girl.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If it was an ugly little boy, I'd save my dog.

Now, what if it was an ugly little girl, or a cute little boy versus your dog?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 11:16 pm

perpetualburn wrote:

What's the apprehension of disclosing one's birth date on here? What kind of security risk could it possibly pose?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 9:46 am

Divergense wrote:
Erik wrote:
Question of the day:

If it was a cute little girl, I'd save the girl.

If it was an ugly little boy, I'd save my dog.

Now, what if it was an ugly little girl, or a cute little boy versus your dog?

Good choice.

If it was an ugly little girl ( esp. a non-caucasion one ), I would let her die and save my dog.

A semi-relevant video clip:

Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 12:33 pm

Hrodebert wrote:
perpetualburn wrote:

What's the apprehension of disclosing one's birth date on here? What kind of security risk could it possibly pose?

Are you being sarcastic? I guess some people might be understandably cautious. So few people that actually post here, I was just curious.

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Question of the day:

What are your thoughts on this Michael Brown shooting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Erik wrote:
Question of the day:

What are your thoughts on this Michael Brown shooting?

Another nigger rightfully dead. Nothing to be preoccupied with or lose sleep over.
Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:38 pm

I heard a little about that.

It's just something the media uses against whites, for the media is owned and controlled by Jews, and they won't be happy till they've destroyed western civilization, and the race that produced it.
Their agenda is to promote a clandestine Fascism/Nazism (Zionism) masquerading as liberalism at home, while promoting diametrically opposing ideologies abroad, because they, and their useful idiots (blacks, Hispanics and so on), aren't "humanitarians", mainly, they're hypocrites, who want to do to us, what we supposedly did to them, a 1000 fold, they ignore the "good" we've done, and turn their attention solely to the "bad", and it's working for Jews are cleverer than us, but also more effete and less industrious, so they have no choice, or at least they think they have to resort to such tactics in order to survive, but we've been good hosts to them, too good, and what happened in Nazi Germany was merely retribution, because they were pulling the same crap back then, even in Greece and Rome, and even in Babylon and Egypt, as they are now.
There was no 6 million, more like 60 000, and they died of starvation and some executions here and there.
There were no gas chambers.
I think the Jews have overstayed their welcome, it's time for another exodus.

When black men gang rape white woman, does the media cover it?
Hell no!

Race exists when they want it to, like when they want a handout, and it doesn't when they want don't want it to, like if whites want to assemble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 9:44 am

Divergense wrote:

It's just something the media uses against whites, for the media is owned and controlled by Jews, and they won't be happy till they've destroyed western civilization, and the race that produced it.
Their agenda is to promote a clandestine Fascism/Nazism (Zionism) masquerading as liberalism at home, while promoting diametrically opposing ideologies abroad, because they, and their useful idiots (blacks, Hispanics and so on), aren't "humanitarians", mainly, they're hypocrites, who want to do to us, what we supposedly did to them, a 1000 fold, they ignore the "good" we've done, and turn their attention solely to the "bad", and it's working for Jews are cleverer than us, but also more effete and less industrious, so they have no choice, or at least they think they have to resort to such tactics in order to survive, but we've been good hosts to them, too good, and what happened in Nazi Germany was merely retribution, because they were pulling the same crap back then, even in Greece and Rome, and even in Babylon and Egypt, as they are now.
There was no 6 million, more like 60 000, and they died of starvation and some executions here and there.

Hell no!

Race exists when they want it to, like when they want a handout, and it doesn't when they want don't want it to, like if whites want to assemble.

Yeah, that seems, patently, true to me - that this whole case is being stretched and molded by anti-White groups. I mean it seems like common sense that the kid must have did something to get killed; I'm sure the cop didn't just pull up out of nowhere and ice him for no logical reason. Maybe the cop could have tazed him instead, but regardless, people are trying to make this into a " White vs Black " thing. They ( the blacks ) are eternal victims like the Jews. It doesn't matter that the president is a negroid, or that slavery has been abolished, the " White man " is still oppressing the black man, in their minds. And always will be.

Last edited by Erik on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 11:25 am

"What are your thoughts on this Michael Brown shooting?"

Molehill inflated into a mountain by those lookin' to make a profit on the expressed/inflamed passions of idiots.

Not the first time, won't be the last.
Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Erik wrote:
Divergense wrote:

Hell no!

Yeah, that seems, patently, true to me - that this whole case is being stretched and molded by anti-White groups. I mean it seems like common sense that the kid must have did something to get killed; I'm sure the cop didn't just pull up out of nowhere and ice him for no logical reason. Maybe the cop could have tazed him instead, but regardless, people are trying to make this into a " White vs Black " thing. They ( the blacks ) are eternal victims like the Jews. It doesn't matter that the president is a negroid, or that slavery has been abolished, the " White man " is still oppressing the black man, in their minds. And always will be.
Remember the Trayvon Martin thing?
George Zimmerman wasn't even white, he was Hispanic.
He wasn't even a white Hispanic like yourself, he was a hybrid, a quarter black, a quarter Amerindian, and half white if my memory serves me.
Why was he portrayed as white?
Why was Martin portrayed as an innocent victim, when he was a thug?
Why does the American media do shit like this, over and over again?

Just as there's an economic and political communism, there's a racial and sexual communism.
Cultural Marxism is the expansion of communism into other domains, racism, sexism, psychosociology (Freud)...
From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.
White people have the ability, black people have the needs.
Just as capitalists must be condemned, when in many cases, they've done a lot of good for society and themselves, so too must white males be condemned, when in many cases, we've done a lot of good for society and ourselves.
The strong must be made to feel guilty, the role of the strong is to serve the weak, or else be destroyed, according to Marxism, rather than the other way around, as in fascism, or a free and mutually beneficial relationship be developed between them, as in capitalism.
The country is owned and controlled by Jews, for Jews and their useful idiots.

They're hypocrites, because Israel's stance on race couldn't be anymore different than the stance they want Europeans to take on race.
They want us to open the floodgates and accommodate hoards of Hispanics, meanwhile in Israel, you can only become an Israeli citizen if you're Jewish, and by Jewish, they mean race, not religion.
In Israel, it's practically illegal for Jews to marry gentiles.
In Israel, Palestinians are ethnically and racially cleansed on a daily basis.
Such is how the Jew has survived for millennia.
Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:11 pm

Blacks rape and murder something like 10 times more white people than white people rape and murder blacks. Again, where's the media? The media is biased against white males, especially if they're conservative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:44 am

Satyr wrote:
Erik wrote:
How would you guys welcome a Black person that was interested in KTS philosophy? Would he even be welcome here?
That you would ask this question tells me you've understood very little.

Actually, one of my most devout subscribers on YouTube was a Mr.Greene who was black.
There's a guy on Facebook who is a Jamaican mix, and he enjoys HH.

Lucysnow on sciforums is black
She came to my wedding.

How tolerant, nondiscriminatory, of you, Satyr. Does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Questions Box
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: