Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Erik's Culinary Masterpieces

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Empty
PostSubject: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:24 pm

So today I decided to go vegan. I'm interested in it because, according to many people, it re-vitalizes your body, and because it will assist in my health for boxing ( lowering body fat percentage ).

I went to my local Green-Star today ( a vegan grocery store ). The people there had that distinct vegan appearance: glowing skin, low body fat percentage. They seemed bubbly, too.

Anyways, I will dedicate this thread to my vegan, culinary adventures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Erik on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:19 pm

Tim Bradley the boxer is a vegan, and he stays exceptionally muscular and ripped ( I don't know how... must be genetics)... I've been eating Quinoa lately, it's a good alternative to brown rice and has a lot of protein per serving for a grain.

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:34 pm

If you don't bend the rules somehow your going to lose. Check out if they test testerone levels, if not it would be so fun in how crazy high levels you could have. What most do in the top leagues, with the rigorous testing is take inuslin. It's sometimes even better than steriods, but really dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Check it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:40 pm

perpetualburn wrote:
Tim Bradley the boxer is a vegan, and he stays exceptionally muscular and ripped ( I don't know how... must be genetics)... I've been eating Quinoa lately, it's a good alternative to brown rice and has a lot of protein per serving for a grain.

Yes, I read about Tim Bradley's veganism today. Fascinating stuff. He looks great - very shredded. Quinoa is delicious!

Lyssa, thank you for the links Wink

There will be blood, lol they test boxers for illegal substances. Even if they didn't, I wouldn't cheat; I'm a man of honor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:06 pm

I say legalize everything, much better, fairer competition. In the olympics there's always some random country that dominates just because that country has a new drug that can't be traced yet. They can't trace the insulin, and it really does work.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:35 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:
I say legalize everything, much better, fairer competition. In the olympics there's always some random country that dominates just because that country has a new drug that can't be traced yet. They can't trace the insulin, and it really does work.

If sport legalized the use of any drug, athletes would be seriously risking their health to reach peak performance levels... and they wouldn't have a choice because they couldn't be competitive unless they used... The public wouldn't stand for it... At best people will use drugs(illegal performance enhancers) as much as possible without getting caught...giving slight edges here and there... But I think genetics always wins... Look at Roy Jones Jr(probably the quickest recorded fighter ever...speed is genetic)... I don't even think a guy with a team of scientists on his side giving him every drug available, could beat Jones when he was in his prime

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 2:09 pm

This is the best milk ever; it's like heaven in my mouth...........no homo.......
Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 2:16 pm

From my experience, too much starch/sugar can turn you into an anxious woman, like running around with your head cut off. Balance it out with some fat/protein, and only animal fat/protein will do. Animals are far more nutritious than plants. A lot of vegans are health conscientious, they tend to eat organically, and this gives the illusion that fruits/vegetables are inherently healthier than meat. Humans are omnivores, our stomachs are more like wolves than sheep, avoid extremes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 4:06 pm

The vegan diet is only going to be temporary for me; I'm just doing it to assist in losing weight, really. I'm not doing it because I'm against eating meat, or consuming things from animals.

Vegan women have beautiful skin, and they seem happier, in general. Have you noticed this, too?

I'm going to start a juicing fast in order to rid my body of toxins and other junk.
Should be fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:25 am

It's the fucking grains, agriculture only started 10,000 years ago, though some groups and individuals are more adapted to it, the same principles apply everywhere. 

I own this book:

In "Genghis Khan, and the Making of the Modern World" Jack Weatherford (p.87) writes the following about the Mongol army's diet:

"The Chinese noted with surprise and disgust the ability of the Mongol warriors to survive on little food and water for long periods; according to one, the entire army could camp without a single puff of smoke since they needed no fires to cook. Compared to the Jurched soldiers, the Mongols were much healthier and stronger. The Mongols consumed a steady diet of meat, milk, yogurt and other dairy products, and they fought men who lived on gruel made from various grains. The grain diet of the peasant warriors stunted their bones, rotted their teeth and left them weak and prone to disease. In contrast, the poorest Mongol soldier ate mostly protein, thereby giving him strong teeth and bones. Unlike the Jurched soldiers, who were dependent on a heavy carbohydrate diet, the Mongols could more easily go a day or two without food."

Imagine fighting for 40 hours on end with no rest and barley any food. It later went on to describe how if the battle went on for too long, Mongol Warriors would poke a hole in their own horse and drink some of the blood to regain their strength.

Quote :
Vegan women have beautiful skin, and they seem happier, in general.

In general, but if to play that game I could say what's better, in general. Anorexics are much skinnier, have paler skin, and aren't self-rightious for bullshit reasons. But I mean have much, much better personalities than most people.

All those vegans you see look healthier because they are weaker. That's what health and longevity to a certain extent is.

Read, read, read!

Back to top Go down
hǣþen
hero
hǣþen

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Long term veganism(strict) will fuck your shit up my friend.

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:28 pm

hǣþen wrote:
Long term veganism(strict) will fuck your shit up my friend.

It's just gonna be temporary, but how does it mess you up if long term?
Back to top Go down
hǣþen
hero
hǣþen

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:33 pm

Most vegans have to supplement to get all their nutrients and any diet where one has to supplement is by definition not a healthy diet.

Protein quality and quantity is a problem on vegan diets. The amino acid profiles are sub-optimal. If you are concerned with keeping muscle while loosing weight you should be getting about a gram of protein per lb of body weight.

hero
hǣþen

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Specifically and I mean in the longer term

deficiencies
Zinc
B-12
vitamin A(beta-carotene isnt efficiently converted to retinoic acid)
vitamin D( get sun?)
calcium
too much omega 6 fatty acids

The Gist

Despite its increasing popularity (and glowing endorsements by high-profile vegan converts like Bill Clinton), The China Study is, in many ways, more a work of fiction than a nutritional holy grail. The book has spawned a number of myths about the hazards of animal protein and the true results of the China Study itself—myths that easily crumble under a scrutinizing eye, but nonetheless continue trickling into the mainstream and gaining mounting publicity.

If there’s anything positive to take away from the book’s four hundred seventeen pages, it’s the promotion of a whole-food diet—and the resulting elimination of vegetable oils, high fructose corn syrup, refined grains, and other industrial products that tend to displace real food on our modern menus. But for those seeking scientific literature of a higher caliber, The Psychology of the Simpsons is likely to be a more satisfying (and animal-product-friendly) read.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Erik wrote:
The vegan diet is only going to be temporary for me; I'm just doing it to assist in losing weight, really.

Check out a diet method called "Carb-Backloading". It might be of some interest to you.

Aside from diet, and in regards to your interest to reduce body fat percentage, what does your workout routine look like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:52 pm

stargazer wrote:
Erik wrote:
The vegan diet is only going to be temporary for me; I'm just doing it to assist in losing weight, really.

Check out a diet method called "Carb-Backloading". It might be of some interest to you.

Aside from diet, and in regards to your interest to reduce body fat percentage, what does your workout routine look like?

Ok - I will check it out.

I work out everyday at the boxing gym for about one hour.

3 rounds shadow boxing

3 rounds on speed bag

3 rounds on heavy bag

3 rounds hitting the pads

3 rounds on the slip bag ( for head movement )

and then 1 round on the heavy bag again, but this time I do high intensity intervals.

Also, I go for a 5 mile jog every other day.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Erik wrote:
stargazer wrote:
Erik wrote:

3 rounds shadow boxing

3 rounds on speed bag

3 rounds on heavy bag

and then 1 round on the heavy bag again, but this time I do high intensity intervals.

I'm assuming you also incorporate anaerobic/strength training exercise? I don't know much about boxing training, but I meant to refer to other exercise of weight lifting and strength training.

I was deeply into nutrition and fitness when i was younger than you, around 19-20. A good way to increase your metabolic rate and target a good BMI (Body Mass Index), is to radicalize your workouts.

For example, start concentrating on merging both aerobic and anaerobic fitness together. Do super sets and drop sets. Try a weight routine that is diverse and highly fast paced.

This type of exercise is like a "Shock Exercise", and it is based on the principle of preventing the plateau that your muscles will hit from sluggish monotonous routines. You have to integrate speed and intensity, not allowing oxygen to slow you down, or rather train to the point where you achieve the most from it, which means greater speed.

Start out with two sets of bicep curls, then move on to three sets of squats, than ten pulls ups, ten push ups, ten sit ups, and five leg presses. Finally, end it with three 30 second sprints on a tread mill. This is called "circuit training" by some fitness trainers. The idea is to concentrate on a lower amount of weights and a higher amount of speed and to do more 'cardiovascular strength training', (this is what i mean by anaerobic/aerobic strength training) . Your muscles will have to adapt to the extreme versatility of the routine, making them far more resilient and tougher.

Train to exhaustion. That's the key. You have to shock your muscles into density. A more extreme military Spartan style training. For cardio, i would recommend sprinting instead of long distance endurance. Sprinting requires a greater amount of exertion and it will burn more calories long after you are done. Although, because you intend to increase your skill level in boxing related exercise, im not sure how much time you might have for routines like this,. but they are highly effective.

This is the fat-burning intensity i'm talking about:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 8:35 pm

stargazer wrote:
Erik wrote:
stargazer wrote:
Erik wrote:

3 rounds shadow boxing

3 rounds on speed bag

3 rounds on heavy bag

I'm assuming you also incorporate anaerobic/strength training exercise? I don't know much about boxing training, but I meant to refer to other exercise of weight lifting and strength training.

I was deeply into nutrition and fitness when i was younger than you, around 19-20. A good way to increase your metabolic rate and target a good BMI (Body Mass Index), is to radicalize your workouts.

For example, start concentrating on merging both aerobic and anaerobic fitness together. Do super sets and drop sets. Try a weight routine that is diverse and highly fast paced.

This type of exercise is like a "Shock Exercise", and it is based on the principle of preventing the plateau that your muscles will hit from sluggish monotonous routines. You have to integrate speed and intensity, not allowing oxygen to slow you down, or rather train to the point where you achieve the most from it, which means greater speed.

Start out with two sets of bicep curls, then move on to three sets of squats, than ten pulls ups, ten push ups, ten sit ups, and five leg presses. Finally, end it with three 30 second sprints on a tread mill. This is called "circuit training" by some fitness trainers. The idea is to concentrate on a lower amount of weights and a higher amount of speed and to do more 'cardiovascular strength training', (this is what i mean by anaerobic/aerobic strength training) . Your muscles will have to adapt to the extreme versatility of the routine, making them far more resilient and tougher.

Train to exhaustion. That's the key. You have to shock your muscles into density. A more extreme military Spartan style training. For cardio, i would recommend sprinting instead of long distance endurance. Sprinting requires a greater amount of exertion and it will burn more calories long after you are done. Although, because you intend to increase your skill level in boxing related exercise, im not sure how much time you might have for routines like this,. but they are highly effective.

This is the fat-burning intensity i'm talking about:

I haven't done weight lifting in some months now, but I plan on getting back into it. It will be part of my strength/conditioning training for boxing. I'm going to focus more on Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy as opposed to myofibrillar hypertrophy this time. Boxing is more of an endurance sport as opposed to a explosive power sport. I'm familiar with super-sets and drop sets from bodybuilding, and they are great; that's how I built strength and mass, real fast.

Yes, HIIT sprints are awesome, definitely better than slow paced long distance jogging. I'm going to start doing those more often. I, usually, do HIIT work on the punching bag in the gym - I punch the bag as hard and fast as possible for 10 seconds, then I slow down and punch the bag normally for 30 seconds, then back to the 10 second HIIT. It's killer.

There's a new cross-fit gym opening up in my town. I will, most likely, go there to train, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 8:12 pm

My army sergeant-major told us that when doing long distance endurance running, to do a good number of short distance sprints to spike your heart rate past your max and increase your cardiovascular efficiency. As infantry we really needed to be running 1.5 miles in under 10 minutes.
Mate I was vegan for a year 2012-2013 and whilst it was eye opening, it really wasn't good as a health option. I listened to all the online vegans going on about the benefits, but I realise now how little energy I had and how extremely little fat I had. We're both in temperate climates so that's especially important for winter time. As is stated above- omega 3, sat fats, full range of amino acids (particularly essential), B complex vitamins (B12 definitely), trace minerals like iron and magnesium etc. are all difficult to get on a vegan diet. I think Sunwarrior do a good plant based protein powder as a start but it's pricey. Remember, avoid un-fermented soy because it has phytoestrogens which are related to male hormonal disruption. Good luck in your training and weight reduction though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 8:40 pm

SuperfluousMass wrote:
My army sergeant-major told us that when doing long distance endurance running, to do a good number of short distance sprints to spike your heart rate past your max and increase your cardiovascular efficiency. As infantry we really needed to be running 1.5 miles in under 10 minutes.
Mate I was vegan for a year 2012-2013 and whilst it was eye opening, it really wasn't good as a health option. I listened to all the online vegans going on about the benefits, but I realise now how little energy I had and how extremely little fat I had. We're both in temperate climates so that's especially important for winter time. As is stated above- omega 3, sat fats, full range of amino acids (particularly essential), B complex vitamins (B12 definitely), trace minerals like iron and magnesium etc. are all difficult to get on a vegan diet. I think Sunwarrior do a good plant based protein powder as a start but it's pricey. Remember, avoid un-fermented soy because it has phytoestrogens which are related to male hormonal disruption. Good luck in your training and weight reduction though!

Yeah, I stopped the Vegan diet; I reached my target weight, and it just made me feel weaker. Veganism and combat sports just don't go well together.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Muy delicioso, mis compadres. Como pueden ver, tengo una comida mexicana que se llama " Picadita ". Es muy simple hacerlo, pero mas rica que la chingada. Consiste de frijoles, pollo, guacamole, y salsa. Ya puedo ver sus caras de hambre, Cabrones.

Oh yeah, my Vegan diet has terminated; I reached my target weight. From now on, this thread is dedicated to any sort of food I feel like sharing.

Mas fotos:

Orale pinches culeros, eso es bastante.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:49 pm

That looks delicious.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:11 pm

c'est délicieux - vous devriez essayer cette.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:58 pm

Oui bien sur.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Erik's Culinary Masterpieces Empty

Back to top Go down

Erik's Culinary Masterpieces
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1