Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Resignation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Resignation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 12:16 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:
You know what? He's right.

One last thing.

Quote :
short life

Statistically improbable.

Idk about that, Blood; you are a dangerous man.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 12:20 pm

TWBB seems misguided and resentful.
Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Well, now everyone here has an idea of how pathetic I am.

Not sure if I should've revealed all that, but, that's what was in my heart to do at the time.

As for suicide, although I suffer, I've never seriously considered committing suicide, and I have no intention of doing so in the future, but, you never know.

While I have great weaknesses, I have great strengths also, or at least i think I do.

So much of communication is based on ego, I wonder how long I'll be sticking around for, knowing that everyone here knows how much of a loser I am.

I guess I was just sick and tired of pretentiousness.

A lot of pretentiousness occurs on philosophy forums, where ideas and ideals are often totally abstracted from individuals/reality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Here, it seems in general that people are judged on their understanding of ideas and their propensity to emote. As one's understanding of ideas increases and emoting decreases, one's past lack of understanding and emoting is mostly disregarded.

So the only difference between the general regard shown to one who has revealed many of his weaknesses and the regard that would be shown to that same person if he stopped using his account and started posting under a disguise, is that, being unknown, the latter's intentions would be somewhat suspect as is those of any stranger.

If one's ego is tied to an ideal of past strength, then one here is generally shown less regard - whether they were relatively strong or weak in the past.

----

It seems it's best to attempt to make reasonable expectations of oneself, and then allow one's ego to be attached to how well one fulfills those expectations.

Perhaps if one's ego is suffering he can "take a loan", so to speak, by declaring his future expectations of himself to others, then in the future if he meets them he'll be clear of that debt, if not, then he'll be worse than before. So as with the decision to take on any debt, one must use care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:05 pm

Divergense wrote:

Not sure if I should've revealed all that, but, that's what was in my heart to do at the time.

As for suicide, although I suffer, I've never seriously considered committing suicide, and I have no intention of doing so in the future, but, you never know.

While I have great weaknesses, I have great strengths also, or at least i think I do.

So much of communication is based on ego, I wonder how long I'll be sticking around for, knowing that everyone here knows how much of a loser I am.

A lot of pretentiousness occurs on philosophy forums, where ideas  and ideals are often totally abstracted from individuals/reality.

I use to think as you do a long time ago but then I got over it.  You should also.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:24 pm

It's not a weakness to want to fuck pretty pussies, despite the idiocy spouted by others on this forum.

I can see how virility is a strength. It's not about praising just any, random type of female. The ideals and beauty of women reflect the men who seek them as well.

Honesty is good.
Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Stuart. wrote:
Here, it seems in general that people are judged on their understanding of ideas and their propensity to emote. As one's understanding of ideas increases and emoting decreases, one's past lack of understanding and emoting is mostly disregarded.

So the only difference between the general regard shown to one who has revealed many of his weaknesses and the regard that would be shown to that same person if he stopped using his account and started posting under a disguise, is that, being unknown, the latter's intentions would be somewhat suspect as is those of any stranger.

If one's ego is tied to an ideal of past strength, then one here is generally shown less regard - whether they were relatively strong or weak in the past.

----

It seems it's best to attempt to make reasonable expectations of oneself, and then allow one's ego to be attached to how well one fulfills those expectations.

Perhaps if one's ego is suffering he can "take a loan", so to speak, by declaring his future expectations of himself to others, then in the future if he meets them he'll be clear of that debt, if not, then he'll be worse than before. So as with the decision to take on any debt, one must use care.
That sounds fair.

------ ------ ------

Arrogance take many forms. I think I'm guilty of intellectual arrogance. I've expected too much from myself, too soon. I don't have my own shit together, so, how can I help others, much? You've pointed this out to me a few times in chat, and you were right. Different people take different things seriously. For most it's material.. physical.. relationships.

For me it's intellect.

For a long time, the most important thing for me in my life was having a narrative, knowing the world, past/future, and exactly where I and everyone else fits in it. The only narrative I was given was a Christian nihilist one by my father, and though I respect him, he has many admirable qualities - intelligent, wise (in practical ways, not theoretical), astute, discerning, generous, honest, and so on, he is about as anti-life/world as you can get, even for Christians. You haven't met a Christian nihilist until you met my father, he takes the NT very seriously, so at least he's not a hypocrite. For whatever reasons, I'm not going to bother going into them, I came to totally reject it, but still, I longed for that sense of meaning/purpose it gave, and thus, what was I left with but my intellect, I was too proud to pay attention to what anyone else had to say, and there wasn't anyone else in my life anyway.

Instead of being humble, and constructing my paradigm gradually, incrementally, one book, one conversation, one experience at a time, I got haughty, I wanted to rush ahead to the end, as if I could come up with all, or virtually all the answers for my existence, and everyone else's especially, overnight. I spent the last decade, particularly the last several years believing that, and I was wrong. I would construct philosophies in my head virtually overnight, and watch them collapse the next day, because they were based on nothing, few books, few conversations, little experience. I spent much too much time thinking about impersonal matters, all the while neglecting and failing to attend to personal ones.

This was my way of fessing up, I think, to myself and to everyone that ever mattered to me on these forums. I'm still relatively young, and I don't always know what I'm on about. I still have a lot to learn. If I continue to participate on these forums, I'm going to try shutting up more, ask more questions, and pay more attention to the answers people give me, rather than trying to be such a big shot, because I'm not, I couldn't be further from it. I might be slightly more intelligent than most (not for this forum I mean, but in general), but I was too stupid to see I was running away with it, because it was comforting.

I refuse to subscribe to any one ideology or ideologue, because I'm a freethinker and we're all fallible. I'm going to learn some from here, and some from there, but I think I am beginning to acknowledge that I do indeed have a lot to learn, rather than teach, at this stage of my life. It may be stupid to publically open myself up like that the way I have been to a forum of mostly strangers who could've possibly done some psychological damage to me, but I guess I felt like I was suffocating under the weight of my own ego, it was a burden I could no longer bare, an old skin that needed to be shed before I could move on.

I don't know what philosophy is going to look like for me now, or even if it's going to continue playing an important role in my life. I've been going through some major transitions in the previous year, the state of consciousness I'm in now, is very new for me. For once in my life, I don't have all the answers, it isn't comfortable, but that's exactly where I need to be, because all my hasty answers were blowing up in my face.
Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:03 pm

LaughingMan wrote:
Divergense wrote:

A lot of pretentiousness occurs on philosophy forums, where ideas  and ideals are often totally abstracted from individuals/reality.

I use to think as you do a long time ago but then I got over it.  You should also.  Wink
Awww, shucks. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Erik wrote:
Satyr wrote:
And in between her ears "rests" an infinite abyss, echoing.

Why do you say that? When has she demonstrated stupidity?

When she decided to make herself metropolitanly popular, ensuring that a group of men will persue her when the time comes.

The meek shall inherit the Earth, but the Noble shall take it.
Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:59 pm

Divergense wrote:

We all "lose" to chaos at some point or another, how long will you last?

Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:25 am

Impulso Oscuro wrote:
Divergense wrote:

We all "lose" to chaos at some point or another, how long will you last?
I have no idea.

We could be dead tomorrow.. on the other hand, we could make it to 2075.

Who knows???

Ain't life grand?
Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 am

This song always cheers me up.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:34 am

Lucis Trust, one of your most admirable qualities is your ability to quickly construct and deconstruct ideologies. This is how I really began to know and distinguish you apart from the rabble on ILP. I put you far above most, intellectually. I feel very comforted by the fact that another mind is as adept at logic and rationale as I am.

Great philosophers should be able to create and defeat arguments readily, quickly, and efficiently. I used to tear people apart on ILP before getting banned several times. You really learn about other people, the inside of their brains, by calling into doubt the premises that they hold dearest to their hearts. Attack their metaphysics, perspective, and world view.

One thing that I'm going to start attacking around here, is Satyr's idea of "entropy" and the universe is decaying. This is outright bullshit, and I've been remaining silent about it for years until a crowd came along that would appreciate its undoing. Entropy and chaos is bullshit as the "default" mode of existence. It's simply not true.

Existence is neutral to human interpretations. Time does not have a single direction. Therefore the "decay" of the universe is also bogus.

In short,

There is no reason to believe the universe is expanding..........rather than contracting.

It's bogus without the rationalization behind it.
Back to top Go down
Divergense

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Æon wrote:
Lucis Trust, one of your most admirable qualities is your ability to quickly construct and deconstruct ideologies.  This is how I really began to know and distinguish you apart from the rabble on ILP.  I put you far above most, intellectually.  I feel very comforted by the fact that another mind is as adept at logic and rationale as I am.

Great philosophers should be able to create and defeat arguments readily, quickly, and efficiently.  I used to tear people apart on ILP before getting banned several times.  You really learn about other people, the inside of their brains, by calling into doubt the premises that they hold dearest to their hearts.  Attack their metaphysics, perspective, and world view.

One thing that I'm going to start attacking around here, is Satyr's idea of "entropy" and the universe is decaying.  This is outright bullshit, and I've been remaining silent about it for years until a crowd came along that would appreciate its undoing.  Entropy and chaos is bullshit as the "default" mode of existence.  It's simply not true.

Existence is neutral to human interpretations.  Time does not have a single direction.  Therefore the "decay" of the universe is also bogus.

In short,

There is no reason to believe the universe is expanding..........rather than contracting.

It's bogus without the rationalization behind it.
Yes, it is I, Lucis Trust/eyes.

We all go through different phases and stages, some more than others.

I'm a very cyclical person, I go through phases like the moon, negative, positive, antithesis, thesis, and synthesis.

When I was Lucis Trust, you and I probably had the most in common, in that we were both into constructing grand, optimistic counter-narratives, alternative metaphysical and sociological systems to the status quo.

Satyr's ontology is distinctive, and draws a lot from some German philosophy and Heraclitus, but his cosmology is rather mundane, run of the mill stuff, totally in line with mainstream science. His ontology, while more sophisticated than mainstream science, is nevertheless fundamentally in line with it too (entropy). I'm constructing an alternative metaphysical, cosmological and ontological system, which I may elaborate and expound upon soon, and which is well outside mainstream science. I have a feeling you and I will find we have a lot of common ground on which to stand, metaphysically, and perhaps in other areas. Neither of us are bound by scientism, the way Satyr fundamentally is.

I just wish my sinusitis wasn't so bad, it keeps me from thinking big thoughts (brain fog). I can cure it by detoxing from carbohydrates, my past addiction to carbs being the source of it, but it's exceedingly difficult.
Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Æon wrote:
Cheers, I'll drink to that Diver.

Ignore Satyr, he presumes the worst about me, and will try to demonize you for associating with me.  Satyr is far past his prime.

His past is his prime as is ours.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 7:06 pm

"Prime" in this case indicates a time when Satyr wasted his time on retards; spending far too much time on them, as if they deserved it, and taking them far too seriously, because, at the time, he was seeking like-minded individuals and they were his bait.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Divergence wrote:
Satyr's ontology is distinctive, and draws a lot from some German philosophy and Heraclitus, but his cosmology is rather mundane, run of the mill stuff, totally in line with mainstream science. His ontology, while more sophisticated than mainstream science, is nevertheless fundamentally in line with it too (entropy). I'm constructing an alternative metaphysical, cosmological and ontological system, which I may elaborate and expound upon soon, and which is well outside mainstream science. I have a feeling you and I will find we have a lot of common ground on which to stand, metaphysically, and perhaps in other areas. Neither of us are bound by scientism, the way Satyr fundamentally is.

But you will be bound by your common ground.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Divergense wrote:

We all go through different phases and stages, some more than others.

I'm a very cyclical person, I go through phases like the moon, negative, positive, antithesis, thesis, and synthesis.

When I was Lucis Trust, you and I probably had the most in common, in that we were both into constructing grand, optimistic counter-narratives, alternative metaphysical and sociological systems to the status quo.

I just wish my sinusitis wasn't so bad, it keeps me from thinking big thoughts (brain fog). I can cure it by detoxing from carbohydrates, my past addiction to carbs being the source of it, but it's exceedingly difficult.

My metaphysical positions are, as you've said, in-line with pre-Socratic Hellenic thinking - you can include it in an Indo-European/Aryan paradigm - which is not new but old and still superior to the Nihilistic, Parmenidean/Platonic, Judeo-Christian modern crap that is in vogue at this time.

I've never said I am offering something new, because I do not even believe in this concept of "newness", as it is another form of "absolute".
All that appears to be new is a product of a recombination, or repetition of what is already present.
We can say that something has been recombined in a different way, but not that its parts are new and unique.
Despite this, what is old and obvious is still denied, forgotten, turned away from...and for obvious psychological reasons.

I've been accused of pretending to present something unique, when, in fact, the opposite is true...and it connects to the Hellenic definition of "truth", which we westerners associate with the Romanized version - which Heidegger exposed - which is aletheia , and it literally means to dis-close, or to reveal, or to re-member.
In other words I am offering something known and forgotten, denied, dismissed, rejected, covered up - I am exposing the world which all have access to.
But as Orwell said...
Orwell, George wrote:
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
...and we, most certainly live in a nihilistic age of mass-deceit, where even the concept of 'nihilism' has been reversed in meaning

I am more of a socio-psychologist...because those are my basic interests: the human condition; how man thinks and why; how societies and cultures and ideals are invented and popularized and so on.

My analysis focuses on the culture of my time; and I explore the human condition as it manifests in modern times.
I am critical because in my time all is whitewashed, and Disneyfied, turned into a Hollywood production for mass consumption.
I try to demystify so as to dislodge the human psyche from the Nihilistic, life-hating, world-denouncing, feel-good delusions it is obsessed with, and reconnect it with something old, genuine, obvious,honest, natural; more reality-based mystification.

An anti-religious spirituality founded, in many ways, upon a pagan disposition towards life and existence.

I care not for changing the human race, or saving it, or dominating it...but only finding those few rare ones who stand out amongst the herd, and figuring out ways of preserving this forgotten lore before it's too late.  
I care not for rising in rank, or being the leader, or being liked, or being appreciated by the myriads of retarded psychologies out there - the only judgments I respect are those that have proven to be lucid, honest, courageous, and noble.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resignation Resignation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resignation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: