Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Empty
PostSubject: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Dr. Burzynski: Cancer is Serious Business

Charlotte Gerson on Cancer and Disease

Cancer - The Raw Truth

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Lyssa on Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:51 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : dead links)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:08 pm

Yep, cancer is a business. Unfortunately one that leads to poverty and death for those afflicted. Good strategy to play on the emotion to sell product. If cost goes out the window when your dog is sick, just imagine how much people will pay to cure their mothers! I admit I'm interested in alternative forms of prevention as the current "state advocated diet pyramid" is clearly false. The idea that all people trying to show other paths to health are whackjobs dedicated to stealing your money is also very prevalent everywhere. I have limited knowledge in this area, but I'll share something that may or may not be useful.

Interview with Gabor Mate
youtube >>> =QrNxvpTDo_s
(Can't post links yet)
This guy has been gathering data on how your mental state directly influences your physical state.

Charlotte Gerson is 89? She is very aware for a person that age. Very rare to see that but I am unconvinced the proof is in the pudding. 20 pounds of raw food a day? Carrots are high in protien? The idea that a better diet leads to all kinds of prevention is one thing, but what if it has the same effect on mental capacity? Would a diet consisting of WW1 rations dull your mind where a "proper" diet would enhance it to a degree not yet considered? Is that pizza you consume weekly decreasing your awareness and potential?

It's kind of funny that I've never really considered corruption in healthcare. I know it exists of course, however I've never needed a doctor myself but after seeing firsthand what chemo does to people I should put it all together for the day may come. Good finds.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 7:31 pm

I do see a connection between psychology and disease.
The mind and the body are not separate entities.
They are the same Becoming viewed within different contexts.
Appearance is NOT superficial. In an appearance we see the emergent unity’s overall condition, but because the mind’s health can be hidden, faked, and does not become apparent until later – this is due to the difference in speed between energy (manifesting as thoughts) and matter.
Now, is the body affected by the condition of the mind or is the mind affected by the condition of the body?

Well, for me, one cannot view it in this way because both the mind (brain activities) and the body (the rest of the activities we call physical body,) are one and the same.
We might say that the brain, being the nervous system’s hub, is an interpreter of all the functions that participate in maintaining or Becoming an organism.

This is why disease in the body can make itself perceptible to the brain in the form of dreams, and it is also why organic effects, such as organ weakness, has a profound affect no character, as well as mood.

Emotion, as a friend of mine once put it, is the “nexus between the mind and body” union-to-be, and so it reflects the overall condition of both mind and body, because the mind is the product of a brain which is a part of what we call body.
Because the brain can only think in abstractions (fabricated, simplified, generalized absolutes) it feels alienated by the body (itself a manifestation of the Flux) for not living up to tis ideals, or ideas.
It then struggles to make the body, a part of the Flux veering towards entropy, to conform to its ideal, which is a projection of a desirable order.
I think cancer is simply the consequence of too many cellular replications.

Every time a cell splits it is affected by mutations. These can create what we call cancer…a mutation that fails to conform to the organism’s ordering.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:19 am

"What is Cancer? Traditionally, medical science has thought of it as an invasive tumor arising spontaneously in an otherwise healthy organism. In contrast, Wilhelm Reich defines cancer not as a tumor--the tumor is merely a late manifestation of the disease--but a systemic disease due to chronic thwaring of natural sexual functioning. In this radically different scientific investigation of a process that ends, literally, in the putrefaction of the living body due to chronic suffocatin of the tissues, Reich has arrived at the conclusion that "cancer is the most significant somatic expression of biophysiological effect of sexual stasis." If this is so, there is a far greater possibility for prevention of cancer than for its treatment."

"The Cancer Biopathy"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 am

The Chinese take a somewhat broader approach to these energy issues, but the theory (and practice of cure) is essentially the same. What Reich calls sexual energy, the Chinese call chi, as hindus call it prana.

------quote -------

“Cancer cannot be cured if your mind is unhealthy, or if your qi is blocked or weak.”

For centuries, people thought cancer was impossible to prevent and impossible to heal. Even in modern society, with modern medicine, cancer remains a focal point for medical people to explore the cause and the cure. Much research has been done with Western medicine using drug therapy, but there has not been enough research into Eastern medicine and natural approaches. People with cancer have been cured from different natural methods, but there is no evidence to prove how they were cured. Cancer patients lived much longer than the doctors had expected, but how?

Nobody could put the “how” on paper in a convincing way. This is the frustration of Chinese medical doctors who know that there are natural ways of healing cancer. Because there is a lack of research based on evidence except for individual cancer patients’ positive experience with natural medicine, it is difficult for Chinese medicine practitioners to educate people about these natural ways.

The Real Tragedy
First, cancer itself is not terrible; the terrible part is the mind and the stagnated qi. Cancer is curable if the mind is healthy and the qi is flowing smoothly in the body. In contrast, cancer cannot be cured if your mind is not healthy, or if your qi is blocked or weak. A healthy mind does not mean you must be stubborn, and strong qi does not mean you need to have big muscles in your body. A healthy mind helps to promote qi flow, and smoothly flowing qi helps to create a positive and peaceful mind.

What Causes Cancer?
We often think that cancer could be caused by certain chemicals, high-power electric fields, certain fungus or mold, a certain bacteria or virus, and so on. Nevertheless, even when we are exposed to these pathogens all the time, why do some people get cancer and others do not. In Chinese medicine, things are viewed differently.

As we know, cancer tissue (tumor) is a very hard object; almost like a stone that the doctor has to remove surgically. How does the normal tissue grow like a stone? From many years of clinical experience with Chinese medicine, TCM doctors realize that after the body has stored the stagnated qi for a long time and it has not been corrected, blood stagnation occurs. These stagnations cause weakness in the immune system and certain tissues are undernourished. Therefore, the normal tissue becomes cancerous tissue.

People who have better immune function can fight the cancer with other treatments, such as chemotherapy, radiation, or Chinese medicine. If the immune function is weak, a person with cancer might lose the ability to fight and die. Many things can cause stagnation of the qi, such as high stress, wrong diet, low mental tolerance, an inactive lifestyle, mental restrictions, overworked body and mind, excessive drinking, smoking, certain uncorrected injuries, long-term depression, an introverted personality, other illnesses not corrected in a timely manner, etc. Even the pathogens mentioned earlier could cause stagnation of qi and blood.

----------------

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
an inactive lifestyle, mental restrictions, overworked body and mind, excessive drinking, smoking, certain uncorrected injuries, long-term depression, an introverted personality,

Strange. All the people I personally have known have All been very extroverted, temperamental, envious, high social/sex drive...

I'd rather have thought its an overactive qi than a stagnant one.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:57 am

My thoughts on that are that cancer either originates from a mutation which can be induced by things like radiations (some wavelengths are much more harmful than others, and of course the intensity) or chemical mutagens.
It could also develop spontaneous, it's basically a thing of odds and there are certain things which greatly enhance the chances of mutations which could result in the development of cancer. That's from the materialistic point of view.

The following is just my observation and it's based on hints and probably is more a reflection of my believes.
I also think that cancer can be a kind of death wish of the body. I believe that certain traumas and stress can induce that kind of cancer development. It is not the ego-trauma, not the conscious trauma (it can go along with a conscious one as well but) it's an unconscious one. You feel stressed and your world is crumbling - probably not the thing to give you cancer. It's more the things which you are unaware of which affect you, which lead to it.

I kind of agree with the extroverted kind are more likely to get cancer theory because they are less focused on their self, or say there is less time for them to be themselves. More unconscious things are going on which are in no way connected to their consciousness (does that make sense?). This makes them more vulnerable to unconscious wounds festering without any kind of release/connection into the conscious.

That being said there is also Vitamin B17 (trivial chemical name).

(I think there is high probability that it works quite well and is not just something to sell you).

In short, things to look out for if you are more interested in it:
It can be a cure for people who have cancer, especially in the very early stages but it's more about prevention. That 'B17 vitamin' is not only found in apricot kernels but many other seeds - google it if you are interested. The indication is a bitter taste.
Now the thing is that modern people have no likes for bitternenss, life must be sweet all the time so the market provided them with what they wanted and that is fruits which have that kind of bitterness removed from their seeds (via selective method or direct genetic manipulation). So people who want to try it have to shop around. It's not an expensive method, in fact, you just have to eat the seeds of certain fruits (the ones which still contain the bitter taste in the seeds). But of course, people have to do their own research on that.

Probably not gonna work if your body is disgusted with the world it has to live in. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 9:16 am

It seems indeed logical that extraverts are more likely to be diagnosed with this disease, for the reason Anfang gives - they are less busy studying themselves and processing themselves. It seems to me that cancer can be seen as a traffic-jam of unprocessed energy that gets stagnant and sour and can no longer be accounted for by the whole.

Someone who is constantly oriented on the outside world, on expectations, status, social climbing and things like this, does not primarily value the world in terms of himself but vice versa, himself as a function of the world, and this leads to neglect of many parts of the self.

When a part of the body/psyche gets undernourished, the introvert will sooner notice and dwell on it, the extrovert will longer discard it, precisely because it is negative. The introvert is forced to deal with his internal demons.

"Too little chi" - this means stagnant, not well managed. Chi is well regulated in a limited circuit (for example, the social self) and in other parts of the being, where discontent arises, it is left to its devices in the hope that the social status, the thrills and happiness, the money, etc, will make the other suffering go away or look small in comparison.

But in fact one needs more and more happiness to compensate for the hollowing out of the organism.

For practical purposes it's good to mention orgone and orgonite in a thread about cancer, especially in conjunction with Wifi radiation.

I recently heard ot a strong and healthy man who moved to house where his bedroom was oon the top floor and had a pyramid type roof covered with tin foil. Within a year, he was on the verge of death, horrible cancer and about to commit suicide. A magician friend of mine came to diagnose the situation and saw that the Wifi radiation of the entire building was concentrating in the nook of the roof, it could not escape. The man slept in a grid of hard radiation, and this disallowed him to sleep or to attain any relaxation at all. Most moderns are more or less used to varying states of such deprivation, think it has an inner cause, which is what they are being told.

The doctor who was present was silently acknowledging that with he advent of wifi networks the cancer rate had skyrocketed. When he spoke, he asked "did you think of starvation-therapy?"

It is clear how little has changed, how much of our 'medical' personnel is still working in the sprit of the Church, how much are means agains life.

Do you wake up hard/wet? If not you so not sleep well, and this is likely due to this radiation, which (naturally) influences your brainwaves, disallows alpha, theta and delta waves to harmonize. Certain orgonite is being made especially to facilitate deep sleep.

Most people seem to prefer succumbing to this massively intense radiation front rather than investing in a simply remedy, which will turn out to be a large factor in natural selection.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 12:05 pm

High protein intake is linked to increased cancer, diabetes, and overall mortality

"Mice and humans with growth hormone receptor/IGF-1 deficiencies display major reductions in age-related diseases. Because protein restriction reduces GHR-IGF-1 activity, we examined links between protein intake and mortality. Respondents aged 50–65 reporting high protein intake had a 75% increase in overall mortality and a 4-fold increase in cancer death risk during the following 18 years. These associations were either abolished or attenuated if the proteins were plant derived. Conversely, high protein intake was associated with reduced cancer and overall mortality in respondents over 65, but a 5-fold increase in diabetes mortality across all ages. Mouse studies confirmed the effect of high protein intake and GHR-IGF-1 signaling on the incidence and progression of breast and melanoma tumors, but also the detrimental effects of a low protein diet in the very old. These results suggest that low protein intake during middle age followed by moderate to high protein consumption in old adults may optimize healthspan and longevity."

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Over the years I have come to find that health depends mostly on three things. (Besides a healthy endowment)
- What you take into your body.
- Enough good rest
- Enough, right, exercises, movement

Sounds simple enough, even banal.

In addition to that is the psychological well being which seems to also depend on what you take up with your mind, rest and retaining flexibility.

Another critical point is that we live in very heterogeneous times. The bodily homogeneity within different ethnicities is dwindling. Cross-breeding being only one factor in this. Because of this increasing heterogeneity, health recommendation in diet and behavior are becoming less universal across a population.

So in short,
An increased mindfulness about daily routines, sleeping conditions, a change in well being and so on, goes a long way. Universal recipes are becoming less and less effective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 11:00 am

Anfang wrote:
Over the years I have come to find that health depends mostly on three things. (Besides a healthy endowment)
- Enough good rest

So, by "what you take into your body" you mean: what you consume + your environment, because even breathing leaves traces if you spend some time in a polluted area.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 11:57 am

Thirsty wrote:
Anfang wrote:
- Enough good rest

So, by "what you take into your body" you mean: what you consume + your environment, because even breathing leaves traces if you spend some time in a polluted area.

Yes, even radiation is in part absorbed by the body. (Now I'm not saying all radiation should be avoided at all costs, I'm thinking of the sun for example, it's more about what to look for if well being, health, starts to get impaired.)
Because you mention air, solvents in new, fresh furniture, or solvents used in modern building materials can be very toxic for some people - usual problems are diseases and conditions of the lung, skin and eyes. Not everybody is affected by it to the extent of it becoming a 'serious' issue, but it's a potential source.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 12:33 pm

"Mesothelioma cancer most commonly develops in the lungs of people exposed to asbestos. Effective treatments are available to ease symptoms and improve your prognosis.

The cancer usually affects the thin, protective membrane surrounding the lungs, heart or abdominal cavity. Doctors diagnose an estimated 3,000 cases a year in the United States, and the majority of those are traced to job-related asbestos exposure.

Although asbestos use declined dramatically in recent decades in this country, the incidence of mesothelioma remains steady. That difference can be traced to the distinct latency period linked to the cancer. The disease can take anywhere from 20 to 50 years after exposure to asbestos before it shows obvious symptoms and an oncologist can make a definitive diagnosis. While no cure for the disease exists and the prognosis is typically poor, researchers made significant progress in recent years in understanding the cancer and developing new treatment options and alternative therapies.

How Asbestos Causes Cancer

Mesothelioma typically develops after exposure to asbestos in the workplace – in industrial settings, shipyards, auto repair shops, old houses, schools and public buildings. While it usually takes long-term exposure to put someone at risk, short-term and one-time exposures are also known to cause mesothelioma cancer.

70-80% of all mesothelioma cases are caused by asbestos exposure at work

Microscopic asbestos fibers are breathed in or swallowed, and the human body has difficulty destroying or getting rid of them. Over decades, fibers cause biological changes that result in inflammation, scarring and genetic damage. The most susceptible area to these fibers is the lining of the lungs, called the pleura, although fibers also can become trapped in the lining of the abdominal cavity (peritoneum). Once fibers cause biological damage, the stage is set for the decades-long latency period for the development of malignant mesothelioma."

p.s.

"When the Twin Towers collapsed to the ground on September 11, 2001, a massive cloud of smoke, dust and debris released these hazardous asbestos fibers and other toxic substances into the air. Asbestos fireproofing materials from 20 stories of the towers came showering down on New York City. According to reports from the EPA, the implosion from the towers "pulverized asbestos to ultra-fine particles."

The World Trade Center Health Registry estimates about 410,000 people were exposed to a host of toxins including asbestos during the rescue, recovery and clean-up efforts that followed 9/11. People most affected by asbestos at Ground Zero were people assigned to rescue survivors. These workers were among the first on the scene and the last to leave the wreckage. Search and rescue workers and others responsible for cleaning up the debris in the months after the towers collapsed were also exposed to asbestos."

(...)

"Workers in a number of occupations, as well as others who were in New York City on 9/11, were affected by the collapse of the World Trade Centers.

(...)

According to a report from a Hopkins University study, even workers who joined the clean-up process by January 2002 developed "significant respiratory health problems."

As of September 2009, the organization 9-11 Health Now reported that 817 World Trade Center workers had died from various causes. About 40,000 were enrolled in medical monitoring and 20,000 were "sick and under treatment." Many had upper respiratory issues, while some reported multiple medical concerns."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 5:04 pm

Here's my theory in short: in order to exist a human must periodically explode in rage. It is simply the consequence of his internal components being self valuings and thus producing next to cohering supersystems also an excess of being, which must be released through the supersystem (the body) without being of any use to the body's purposeful behavior. The body must serve its organs by blowing off steam. This is one of the reasons even aside from possible objects of fury that anger absolutely needs to be expressed.

To not express it quickly causes illness, most notably in this day and age, cancer and depression. Both are cause of stifled life, obstructed organs. Depression is the psychological cancer - an unchecked division of unwanted bits of being, growth that can not be incorporated. Cancer is the physical counterpart. Cancer patients are often extroverts, depressives most often introverts. The latter deal with their shit instantly but still ineffectively , the former do not deal with their shit at all but seek relief from the building hellfire in their innards in excitement and social abandon

The cancer and depression industries are literally that - the economics of 'anger deprivation' and the sale of means to deal with the crippling results so as to perpetuate them; after chemo or prozac the organisms natural capacity to anger-heal will be shook, disoriented, lost to consciousness and potentially damaged beyond chances of full recovery.

There are two benefits to this : milking the human of his wealth, and neutralizing him as an entity that may be of moral influence of some kind.
No human has ever had any moral influence without rage as its vessel.

The mutating of DNA and the rogue splitting of cells is not something that occurs once in a while to an unlucky body, it happens constantly in every large organism. In Chinese medicine, what we call early stage cancer is a permanent condition, something the body is well equipped to deal with by circulating energy. Expressing rage is the monarch of such circulating activity, hence the dominance of Martial Art as healing practice.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 7:49 pm

Nice.

But it misses a key point in my view. The criterion behind rage-explosions:

Nietzsche wrote:
"Nowadays I avail myself of this primary distinction concerning all aesthetic values: in every case I ask, 'Is it hunger or superabundance that have become creative here?' At first glance, a different distinction may appear more advisable - it's far more noticeable - namely, the question of whether the creation was caused by a desire for fixing, for immortalizing, for being, or rather by a desire for destruction, for change, for novelty, for future, for becoming. However, both types of desires prove ambiguous upon closer examination, and can be interpreted under the first scheme, which seems preferable to me. The desire for destruction, for change and for becoming can be the expression of an overflowing energy pregnant with the future (my term for this is, as is known, 'Dionysian'); but it can also be the hatred of the ill-constituted, deprived, and underprivileged one who destroys and must destroy because what exists, indeed all existence, all being, outrages and provokes him. To understand this feeling, take a close look at our anarchists.

The will to immortalize also requires a dual interpretation. It can be prompted, first, by gratitude and love; art of such origin will always be an art of apotheosis, dithyrambic perhaps like Rubens; blissfully mocking like Hafis; bright and gracious like Goethe, spreading a Homeric light and splendour over all things. But it can also be the tyrannical will of someone who suffers deeply, who struggles, is tortured, and who would like to stamp as a binding law and compulsion what is most personal, singular, narrow, the real idiosyncrasy of his suffering, and who as it were takes revenge on all things by forcing, imprinting, branding his image on them, the image of his torture. The latter is romantic pessimism in its most expressive form, be it Schopenhauer's philosophy of will or Wagner's music - romantic pessimism, the last great event in the fate of our culture. (That there could be a completely different pessimism, a classical one - this intuition and vision belongs to me as inseparable from me, as my proprium and ipsissimum; only the word 'classical' offends my ears; it has become far too trite, round, and indistinct. I call this pessimism of the future - for it is coming! I see it coming! - Dionysian pessimism)" [JW, 370]

Not everyone who unleashes his rage is noble or free of an inner cancer or psycho-somatic morbidity.
His criterion cannot be bettered, but only Refined more.

We need to break spaces, more pathos, more nuanced shades Within the spectrum of the Healthy-enraged for a more Vital criteria of discrimination and sculpting.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 7:51 pm

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer a couple months ago.

I would say that I have a lot of sub/unconscious rage that doesn't get expressed as much as it should. I'm, for the most part, introverted and patient; It takes a lot for me to snap.

I do go to the boxing gym, and that releases some aggression/rage. But I just got back into boxing recently.

Your theory kind of makes sense to me. Not sure about the science behind it, but at face value, it seems plausible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Quote :
Here's my theory in short: in order to exist a human must periodically explode in rage. It is simply the consequence of his internal components being self valuings and thus producing next to cohering supersystems also an excess of being, which must be released through the supersystem (the body) without being of any use to the body's purposeful behavior. The body must serve its organs by blowing off steam. This is one of the reasons even aside from possible objects of fury that anger absolutely needs to be expressed.

That's not at all my perception. Can you display a kind of precursor to that mechanism in other animals? If not, how did it arise so suddenly evolutionarily speaking? If true, than more likely an accompanying bi-effect. Unable to piece it.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 1:47 pm

I think there is something to it.
It could possibly find a fitting explanation with epigenetics.
Certain lifestyles activate or inactivate certain genes. Critical for the development of cancer are faulty (through mutation) or potentially inactivated repair genes. (Genes which are the blueprints for cell-components which are repairing cell damages).
The sub-conscious and conscious mind, both experiencing different emotional and therefore also bodily (hormonal and so forth) states could potentially have such an influence.
Certain changes in body-chemistry taking place due to the bodily stress started by sub-conscious brain activity while missing the accompanying changes in body-chemistry through the conscious reaction which is not occurring.
Mimetic induced self-poisoning of the body.

Depression - unexperienced rage in my views, not necessarily unexpressed outwardly, but not experienced consciously, not even inwardly.
Rage not being experienced gets turned inwards in form of an implosion. Shutting down processes to control the explosion may have an influence on other processes as well.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Erik wrote:
I would say that I have a lot of sub/unconscious rage that doesn't get expressed as much as it should. I'm, for the most part, introverted and patient; It takes a lot for me to snap.

Maybe it would be healthy to try and express it more vocally. (Just thought about it because of the proximity of the organs.) A possibility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Anfang,

Good idea, actually.

I've been looking into something called " Primal scream therapy ". I think I might give it a try on my solo camping retreat.

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Looks contrived, judging from the screenshot.
I was thinking about putting more anger into your voice when anger is being experienced.
Overall I think that anything which feels contrived, if ever so slightly, is not gonna be helpful in the long run (with the health aspect).
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 4:14 pm

Quote :
I've been looking into something called " Primal scream therapy ". I think I might give it a try on my solo camping retreat.

That looks absolutely stupid. Learn to sing instead if you need to release rage vocally. It's like the difference between fighting spastically and fighting with control and proper conditioning. Rage isn't so easily released... Some stupid screaming exercise will only leave you with unfulfilled rage.

Regarding cancer... Even if you if you take the best precautions and your mind is right...eventually it seems that the sheer number of unbalanced people that contribute to cancerous environments might overwhelm you.

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 6:36 pm

perpetualburn wrote:
Quote :

That looks absolutely stupid.  Learn to sing instead if you need to release rage vocally.  It's like the difference between fighting spastically and fighting with control and proper conditioning.  Rage isn't so easily released... Some stupid screaming exercise will only leave you with unfulfilled rage.

Regarding cancer... Even if you if you take the best precautions and your mind is right...eventually it seems that the sheer number of unbalanced people that contribute to cancerous environments might overwhelm you.

Well, I could have found a better video of this somewhere on Youtube; the one I chose was kind of ridiculous.

I'm interested, actually, in learning how to sing. But most genres seem like they don't express rage, except for metal/rock.

Here's a better video on Primal Screaming:

Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:51 pm

You have done acknowledging, accepting, you had cancer.

You are young and strong, time to put it behind you.

Move on and be the person you are now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:01 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
You have done acknowledging, accepting, you had cancer.

You are young and strong, time to put it behind you.

Move on and be the person you are now.

It's not about the cancer; it's about other things I'd rather not share openly.

I want to be the best version of myself, not quite there yet; always room for improvement, you know?
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Erik wrote:

Quote :
t's not about the cancer; it's about other things I'd rather not share openly.

I want to be the best version of myself, not quite there yet; always room for improvement, you know?

Of course.

The greatest and most impossible problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved but only outgrown.  Jung

Recognize your "own" value.

OhFortunae described it thus:

...... it is about such, protection of Self against degrading, eroding forces...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:05 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
Erik wrote:

Quote :
t's not about the cancer; it's about other things I'd rather not share openly.

Of course.

The greatest and most impossible problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved but only outgrown.  Jung

Recognize your "own" value.

OhFortunae described it thus:

...... it is about such, protection of Self against degrading, eroding forces...

Want to be my personal shrink? I pay top dollar  Very Happy

But in all seriousness, I do recognize my value. I'm, really, not an insecure person anymore. I still have my defects, but I feel I've matured a lot. The rage isn't about insecurities, but rather other things I don't want to state openly, as prior mentioned.

I think that the " Primal Scream " therapy would be beneficial in allowing the rage to flow outwardly, as opposed to inwardly.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:41 pm

Erik wrote:

Quote :
Want to be my personal shrink? I pay top dollar

But in all seriousness, I do recognize my value. I'm, really, not an insecure person anymore. I still have my defects, but I feel I've matured a lot. The rage isn't about insecurities, but rather other things I don't want to state openly, as prior mentioned.

I think that the " Primal Scream " therapy would be beneficial in allowing the rage to flow outwardly, as opposed to inwardly.

I should "cool the jets", huh? LOL, point taken.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Reasonvemotion, no - I don't want you to cool the jets; I appreciate your input. I know we clashed heads a few times in the past, but for the most part, you have been kind to me - like a divine mother figure. Your words are always welcome to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleep, Anger Management and the Cancer Industry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next