Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Open music thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:29 pm

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 7:49 am

Creole Goddess:

Pretty damn gracious to say the least. Love the sound of Italian & French language the most.
Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 4:15 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:

Pretty damn gracious to say the least. Love the sound of Italian & French language the most.

Ever tried Portuguese?

Brazil:

Portugal:
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 5:37 pm

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 12:45 pm

Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 12:19 am

Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Once you start listening to Cartola you can’t stop. You’ve been warned. And the only cure for this addiction is to love more. Easier said than done so keep listening.

I heard that in Brazil Cartola has myth status.

Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 12:46 pm

True. Cartola became a title in Brazil, like Caesar. When an artist work becomes confirmed by public acclamation as a cultural patrimony, we call him a cartola.

Jorge Ben's debut album. Mais que nada, popularized by the Black Eyed Peas in collab with Sergio Mendes, is Jorge's original introduction to the world.
He's said to have learned guitar on his own, having gotten a guitar as a donation when he was a kid living in a slum. The finger placements that he uses in his chords are very unusual.

Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 12:54 pm

I'm letting pandora drive today.

I like the baroque elements in this.
Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm going to look up the tabs for this. Seems fun to play.

Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 1:28 pm

Anoushka
Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Good posture

Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 3:15 pm

The name Tarrega makes my fingers hurt Smile

http://www.classicalguitarschool.net/music/1026.pdf
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Mmmmm, I feel cultivated.
Very nice guitar solo.

A bit of high culture in the midst of low-brow buffoonery, amongst the rabble.

Too bad the mistress of the mansion refuses to soil herself with dirt, and all we can settle for is a half-goat butler.
You cultured girls should get together...with the civilized males in your group, to raise the bar.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 11:02 pm

phoneutria wrote:
True. Cartola became a title in Brazil, like Caesar. When an artist work becomes confirmed by public acclamation as a cultural patrimony, we call him a cartola.

That's interesting. There's not a lot information available on him in English. In fact, he doesn't even seem that well known relatively by the hipper American crowds, which seems counter-intuitive. His life is even more remarkable considering his first wife died, he suffered from some disease on his nose (which must of been a difficult experience in a culture like Brazil that is so concerned with beauty), and he was sterile... and he certainly was never rich or made any big money off his music (I even remember reading how he thought it was indecent or something like that).

I've been hunting for a live version of "Preciso Me Encontrar" but either no such version exists or some jerk in Brazil is keeping it all to himself.

Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 1:03 pm

That will be a tough find.

Back to top Go down
Rafael_

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Last edited by Rafael_ on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rafael_

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:34 pm

There's something here, but as with all so-called "virtuoso" music (i.e. music made by those who can play extraordinarily well but can't compose for shit), the individual parts aren't connected to each other well enough. There is just way too much "forgetting".
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Don't stop, don't stop moving;
Don't stop, don't stop swaying;
Your hips are so fluid;
My mind's in a maze.

Back to top Go down
Stuart-

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:40 am

Rafael_ wrote:

I found this to be reasonably good.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 8:33 pm

Back to top Go down

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 8:07 am

phoneutria wrote:
http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Domingo/815318

Nice tunes.

Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 8:11 am

My heart going: boom, boom, boom.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Open music thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open music thread Open music thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Open music thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next