Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 1:49 pm

Quote :
is = exists as. If you think you know what you're talking about don't use is, are, was, were, etc. It will demonstrate whether you do or not if you can manage to make a complete and grammatically correct statement without the 'fudge' words (verb to be) that mean everything deducible from your statement (premise) is false. I'm very careful with it. is/are=exists as. The reason most people are confused is simply a failure to speak in operational (correct) grammar, while trying to make arguments requiring infungible premises. Every moron who argues with me (present company not included) will jump on teh autistic bandwagon not realizing that if they cannot speak precisely and operationally they are either hand waving to cover their reliance on intuition rather than argument, or engaging in rationalism (justification) which is the intellectual cancer Kant imposed upon our poor european cousins.
All I could recover scrolling through discord.
Back to top Go down
Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 6:53 pm

Alright. It appears he's an advocate of E-Prime.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Curt Doolittle wrote:
Course 102 – OUR DEFENSE: The Language of Natural Law-

[..]

4. Eliminating the Verb “To Be” – Speaking in Existential Actions
The next step in learning how to write clearly is to learn E-Prime. E-prime will force you to write in operational language. Writing in operational language is very hard at first – unless you learned programming first. Because, like Propertarianism, programming is an operational and existential (computable) language.

I don't know what E-Prime is, so some research is necessary. Let's take a look at this page:

Quote :
Certain expressions which involve identity and attributes lead us to confusion in our thinking. This sometimes arises because of the verb 'to be.' For example:

• I am depressed
  • Who am I?
  • He is a criminal
  • It is clear that we should take action.

'I am depressed', implies that

• I always feel sad,
  • will always feel sad, and
  • I can do nothing about it,

Looks like a non-issue to me. "I am depressed" simply means "I was depressed at some recent point in the past". Present is simply recent past, it's not something that lasts forever. You know what? Forget about this. It's enough to say that present is not a moment that lasts forever. So "I am depressed" simply means "I am depressed at this particular point in time".

Right now, I am typing this post. Does that mean I always type this post, will always type this post and that I can do nothing about it? Pretty sure everyone will agree the answer is "Not really". Perhaps it's not a good analogy? I am describing an action, not a property. How about something like "I am tired"? Does that mean I am always tired, will always be tired and I can do nothing about it? Not really.

Quote :
'Is' and 'are', like all present tense verbs, imply no time, no space and absolute truth.

If that's true then what the statement "I am depressed" means is "I am sometimes depressed". That's different from "I am always depressed". In reality, the statement means "I am depressed right now".

Quote :
'I am depressed'  abbreviates what has happened in the past. So perhaps it means

I felt sad on many occasions in the past, and I feel sad now.

Certainly, this meaning upsets us less than 'I am depressed'.

If "I am depressed" upsets you more than "I am despressed right now" the solution is to learn English language because the two statements mean one and the same thing.

Quote :
The question 'Who am I' seems to me quite meaningless and unanswerable.

It's not meaningless. The question asks you to consider who you were in your past, i.e. what you did in your past, and build a model based on that information that will help you accurately predict your future behavior. This model is the answer to the question.

Quote :
It appears to ask for something the same as the speaker (the identity function.)

It does not. The present and the past are two different things. The speaker exists in the present and who he is exists in the past. The speaker is supposed to ignore his present existence and focus on his past existence. Explaining both of them is impossible (leads to infinite recursion.)

Quote :
Similarly, 'He is a criminal' implies that he does, always did, always will do some unstated bad thing. When we say someone is a criminal we associate with that person everything we think about the word criminal. We confuse what we know about the word with the person. It could mean, however, that during his teenage years he stole one thing for a dare and has regretted it since. The use of the imprecise verb 'to be' and its various forms can lead us to false beliefs.

The word "criminal" is just as imprecise. There are different kinds of criminals. I don't understand the fixation on the verb "to be".

Quote :
'The apple is red' apparently has a clear meaning, in that if I look at the apple I expect it to be red, yet have you ever heard a similar statement and when you looked you didn't think it was particularly red? The speaker actually meant that the apple appeared red to him. Whenever we get more complicated and use statement like, 'Mary is gorgeous,' then the use of the verb 'to be', in this case 'is' can be very misleading. To the speaker, Mary appeared gorgeous at that particular time, and in that particular place. When 'appear', for example, replaces' 'is' then the statements become much less misleading.

It does not solve it. "The apple is red to me" and "The apple appears red to me" are much more clear sentences. Maybe we should all start our sentences with "IMO"?

And so on and so forth.
I don't see much value here.
Back to top Go down
Drome

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 8:29 am

I dont do e-prime, but can see some uses of it.

Eli brings up an example of the use of e-prime.

Say two people are looking at an optical illusion that on one side appears to be triangle, and on the other side looks like square.

*is* it a triangle or a square? Well, one person *perceives* it to be a triangle. The other *perceives* it to be a square. Putting it a different way might lessen conflict and bring more clarity in this example.

Nothing is explained by saying for example "communism is bad". Using e-prime is supposed to help you explain why it is bad in depth, combining it with Curts operations.

Anyway, pretty sure what Curt is going for is to make people explain thoroughly what they mean, to make the argument as precise and concise as possible.

"Consider the following paired sets of propositions, in which Standard English alternates with English-Prime (E-Prime):

lA. The electron is a wave.
lB. The electron appears as a wave when measured with instrument-l.
2A. The electron is a particle.
2B. The electron appears as a particle when measured with instrument-2.
3A. John is lethargic and unhappy.
3B. John appears lethargic and unhappy in the office.
4A. John is bright and cheerful.
4B. John appears bright and cheerful on holiday at the beach.
5A. This is the knife the first man used to stab the second man.
5B. The first man appeared to stab the second man with what looked like a knife to me.
6A. The car involved in the hit-and-run accident was a blue Ford.
6B. In memory, I think I recall the car involved in the hit-and-run accident as a blue Ford.
7A. This is a fascist idea.
7B. This seems like a fascist idea to me.
8A. Beethoven is better than Mozart.
8B. In my present mixed state of musical education and ignorance, Beethoven seems better to me than Mozart.
9A. That is a sexist movie.
9B. That seems like a sexist movie to me.
10A. The fetus is a person.
10B. In my system of metaphysics, I classify the fetus as a person. "

I think e-prime might help to prevent people from disguising opinions as fact, helping to force you to make operational statements.
Back to top Go down
Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 12:57 pm

"I am depressed" and "I have depression" suffer from the same problem even though the second statement makes no use of the verb to-be. I am not convinced that the problem is created by the verb to-be. Rather, the problem is created by vagueness i.e. lack of detail. You can make these statements more specific, and thus less problematic, by prefixing them with "I think" so that you get "I think I am depressed" or "I think I have depression". You can improve them further by specifying the point in time at which you are depressed such as "I think I am depressed right now" or "I think I have depression right now".

But the number one problem, if you ask me, is not vagueness but the fact that we're surrounded by people who think and speak in different ways.

Nietzsche wrote:
Human All Too Human
Aphorism #267

LEARNING MANY LANGUAGES. The learning of many languages fills the memory with words instead of with facts and thoughts, and this is a vessel which, with every person, can only contain a certain limited amount of contents.  Therefore the learning of many languages is injurious, inasmuch as it arouses a belief in possessing dexterity and, as a matter of fact, it lends a kind of delusive importance to social intercourse.  It is also indirectly injurious in that it opposes the acquirement of solid knowledge and the intention to win the respect of men in an honest way.  Finally, it is the axe which is laid to the root of a delicate sense of language in our mother tongue, which thereby is incurably injured and destroyed.  The two nations which produced the greatest stylists, the Greeks and the French, learned no foreign languages.  But as human intercourse must always grow more cosmopolitan, and as, for instance, a good merchant in London must now be able to read and write eight languages, the learning of many tongues has certainly become a necessary evil; but which, when finally carried to an extreme, will compel mankind to find a remedy, and in some far off future there will be a new language, used at first as a language of commerce, then as a language of intellectual intercourse generally, then for all, as surely as some time or other there will be aviation.  Why else should philology have studied the laws of languages for a whole century, and have estimated the necessary, the valuable, and the successful portion of each separate language?

If you try to understand everyone, you'll end up losing the ability to understand anyone. Perhaps E-Prime is an attempt to solve this problem by creating a universal language?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 8:47 am

isnt this the same guy who was making white sharia videos, now french, open mouth kissing a woman and posting it as his profile picture on facebook?
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Uh-Oh. A readhead spells trouble. Like Peggy Bundy.

Just a hunch here, but I bet redheaded women are statistically more likely to cheat and divorce.

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:26 am

AutSider wrote:
Uh-Oh. A readhead spells trouble. Like Peggy Bundy.

Just a hunch here, but I bet redheaded women are statistically more likely to cheat and divorce.

Actual redheads, fake redheads or both?
In any case this choice of a profile picture shows that he is all wrapped up with her.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Both.

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 2:37 pm

just another hypocritical imbecile lashing out his personal schisms online under a disguise of a political movement to bring attention to himself through it and try to get best of what comes his way
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 3:42 pm

AutSider wrote:
Both.

That's a (((fake redhead))).
But what if a fake redhead changes her hair color, is she still trouble then, lol?

I've known only one real redhead girl in the relevant sexually attractive age group well enough to make a judgement and I'd say from all the girls it turns out that she was the most "angelic"/monogamous. She was good looking, friendly, yet also had her boundaries and avoided idiots. Never crossed the line and became really flirty with anyone, never strung anyone along, even when her boyfriend (nice yet no fool type of decent basic guy) was not around. Had her first child with the guy before finishing her college degree.

Maybe the girl in that photo is older than the guy (Eli?).
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 4:35 pm

I've heard there are a lot of redheads among Jews...I don't have good experiences of natural redheads, very sensitive to everything (not my cup of tea)
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 am

Anfang wrote:
But what if a fake redhead changes her hair color, is she still trouble then, lol?

Acknowledging a flaw and acting to change it is a good sign. Unless she changes it to like, green or blue.

The redheads I know confirm my judgment.

In any case I do think the profile photo is cringey, but it doesn't take away from his arguments.

hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 10:28 am

Knew this one redhead bitch who dumped me for a tiny faggot crossdresser. As effete as I was, I guess I was too masculine and not wimpy and beta enough for the bitch.

So whenever I see redheads, I get triggered and angry and it ruins me.

Also green working depends on what shade. Bright shades are a no, but darker shades of green work well on a woman.
Back to top Go down
Cold Weasel

Cold Weasel

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 2:59 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:
Alright. It appears he's an advocate of E-Prime.
Curt Doolittle wrote:
Course 102 – OUR DEFENSE: The Language of Natural Law-

[..]

4. Eliminating the Verb “To Be” – Speaking in Existential Actions
The next step in learning how to write clearly is to learn E-Prime. E-prime will force you to write in operational language. Writing in operational language is very hard at first – unless you learned programming first. Because, like Propertarianism, programming is an operational and existential (computable) language.

I don't know what E-Prime is, so some research is necessary. Let's take a look at this page:

Quote :
Certain expressions which involve identity and attributes lead us to confusion in our thinking. This sometimes arises because of the verb 'to be.' For example:

• I am depressed
  • Who am I?
  • He is a criminal
  • It is clear that we should take action.

'I am depressed', implies that

• I always feel sad,
  • will always feel sad, and
  • I can do nothing about it,

Looks like a non-issue to me. "I am depressed" simply means "I was depressed at some recent point in the past". Present is simply recent past, it's not something that lasts forever. You know what? Forget about this. It's enough to say that present is not a moment that lasts forever. So "I am depressed" simply means "I am depressed at this particular point in time".

Right now, I am typing this post. Does that mean I always type this post, will always type this post and that I can do nothing about it? Pretty sure everyone will agree the answer is "Not really". Perhaps it's not a good analogy? I am describing an action, not a property. How about something like "I am tired"? Does that mean I am always tired, will always be tired and I can do nothing about it? Not really.

Quote :
'Is' and 'are', like all present tense verbs, imply no time, no space and absolute truth.

If that's true then what the statement "I am depressed" means is "I am sometimes depressed". That's different from "I am always depressed". In reality, the statement means "I am depressed right now".

Quote :
'I am depressed'  abbreviates what has happened in the past. So perhaps it means

I felt sad on many occasions in the past, and I feel sad now.

Certainly, this meaning upsets us less than 'I am depressed'.

If "I am depressed" upsets you more than "I am despressed right now" the solution is to learn English language because the two statements mean one and the same thing.

Quote :
The question 'Who am I' seems to me quite meaningless and unanswerable.

It's not meaningless. The question asks you to consider who you were in your past, i.e. what you did in your past, and build a model based on that information that will help you accurately predict your future behavior. This model is the answer to the question.

Quote :
It appears to ask for something the same as the speaker (the identity function.)

It does not. The present and the past are two different things. The speaker exists in the present and who he is exists in the past. The speaker is supposed to ignore his present existence and focus on his past existence. Explaining both of them is impossible (leads to infinite recursion.)

Quote :
Similarly, 'He is a criminal' implies that he does, always did, always will do some unstated bad thing. When we say someone is a criminal we associate with that person everything we think about the word criminal. We confuse what we know about the word with the person. It could mean, however, that during his teenage years he stole one thing for a dare and has regretted it since. The use of the imprecise verb 'to be' and its various forms can lead us to false beliefs.

The word "criminal" is just as imprecise. There are different kinds of criminals. I don't understand the fixation on the verb "to be".

Quote :
'The apple is red' apparently has a clear meaning, in that if I look at the apple I expect it to be red, yet have you ever heard a similar statement and when you looked you didn't think it was particularly red? The speaker actually meant that the apple appeared red to him. Whenever we get more complicated and use statement like, 'Mary is gorgeous,' then the use of the verb 'to be', in this case 'is' can be very misleading. To the speaker, Mary appeared gorgeous at that particular time, and in that particular place. When 'appear', for example, replaces' 'is' then the statements become much less misleading.

It does not solve it. "The apple is red to me" and "The apple appears red to me" are much more clear sentences. Maybe we should all start our sentences with "IMO"?

And so on and so forth.
I don't see much value here.

I liked Robert Anton Wilson as a young'un, and heard about E-Prime from him.  IIRC he wrote a few novels in E-Prime.  Some other authors do that too. English and journalism teachers do well when they teach it, because it necessitates the active voice, over the passive voice. It forces the writer to take responsibility for their words. It holds you accountable.

Doolittle wants to use legal, scientific, and martial "grammars" to articulate and defend the West via testimonial statements.  He wants to write law, to revamp constitutionalism.  He advocates E-Prime as a handy way to break the habit of using "god speech."  (Saying something "is" this or "is" that, instead of actually giving testimony.)  

A few months ago, I wrote the following in E-Prime as an exercise, kind of like "homework" after absorbing Doolittle's statements and trying to understand the empirical method as he uses it:

Using E-Prime allows you to more easily avoid deceptions, lies, and nonsense in your speech.  The verb “to be” functions as an equals sign (=), associating things that may have no association in observable experience.  In ordinary social and familial life we usually need “to be,” as a “shortcut” to communicating.  And we use it often in poetic or aesthetic statements, for example: “Truth is beauty, and beauty is truth.”  Or, “Love is a dog from hell.”  It communicates meaning by metaphor, making associations among our shared experiences, emotions, and imaginations.  But because it functions as a "=", people using it can easily convince themselves and others of falsehoods and nonsensical propositions.

In the scientific laboratory, on the surgeon’s table, in a court of law, or in military intelligence—or in any field that demands accurate reporting of observations in order to explain critical past events or make predictions of future critical events—we don’t need to use “to be.” In fact we can benefit from avoiding it because we will less likely make a false equivalence via metaphor.    

Think about the phrase: “Truth is beauty, and beauty [is] truth.”  Everyone knows that they have observed ugly truths, as well as beautiful lies.  So this kind of aesthetic statement really indicates nothing about objective truth or falsehood, though it does carry meaning by way of metaphor.  Using “is” allows you to associate ideas in cheap or opportunistic ways, to communicate feelings, desires, and imaginative content easily and efficiently, in certain contexts.  But if, in a moment of weakness, you take them as statements of objective truth, then you may wake up the next day and say “Shit…that was a lie.”  We easily confuse or deceive ourselves, and fall victim to deceivers and swindlers, when we overindulge in “is” statements.  

“To be” does not really aid you in giving an accurate report on something you have actually observed, that can stand the test of time. When you record the results of a scientific experiment, or when you report to your military superior what you saw the enemy doing, or when you ask a witness details about where they saw the suspect and what they saw the suspect doing, at this specific time and that specific place, or when a surgeon operates on your spinal column and tells his assistants which tool he needs, what amount of fluid to inject, where to shine the light, etc.--you want to get a statement that will function as accurately as possible, for as long a duration as possible on the record, in as many contexts as possible.  The more repeated testimonies, the more witnesses, the better.  

The empirical method (or scientific method) can work “via negativa”—it doesn't have to posit truths, it can just eliminate falsehoods.  Using the empirical method, you can falsify the statements you have already heard and diligently eliminate as many inaccuracies, errors, and/or lies as you can.  As a continual result of this “cleaning,” this elimination of falsehood, you get a statement, or statements, that you can call maybe the truth, or the truth as far as I know, or the best theory I have at this moment, or whatever.  Statements that survive multiple “cleanings," repeated scrutiny by many observers over time, you can call “true, to the best of my knowledge, at this moment.”

You will never finish this elimination of falsehood, you will never discover some ultimate “truth,” just as you will never take the ultimate shower that makes you clean forever.  To further indulge this analogy: "Cleanness" does not exist in reality; human minds project it as an ideal state.  From a "via negativa" perspective, you can say that falsehoods and lies accumulate like dirt on the body.  You shower not in order to reach "cleanness," but to eliminate a certain amount of dirtiness regularly.  See the empirical method as a diligent negative process, not a positive one, and you really get the point.  

Moreover, none of this necessarily detracts from the ideals of “cleanliness” or “cleanness.”  We can, and perhaps will, always refer to ideals, like Truth.  Ideals inspire and motivate us.  But just pay attention to what you actually DO as you refer to these ideals:  The Ideal arises in your mind, in your imagination, in your reasoning.  

I did not use the verb “to be” in this post.  I wrote totally in E-Prime, unless quoting or naming the word itself.  I did not find it easy, but I did find it rewarding.  With practice I assume it gets easier.

Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 6:23 am

'To be' refers to future, and is speculative.
It is supposedly basing this speculation on precedent, on past. If not it is basing it on a hope, a desire, a secret fear that requires placating.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Cold Weasel

Cold Weasel

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:13 am

Everyone should try writing in E-Prime once in a while.  Eliminating any form of "to be" (be/being/been/is/are/am/was/were), I discover a couple of things: first of all, as I said, it eliminates the passive voice, putting the focus on the actor/agent instead of the recipient.  Right away, this puts more responsibility on you to testify on what you claim happened, with your knowledge of the actor.  Or, if you have not even named the actor, it forces you to.  

Eliminating "to be" deprives you of "god speech:" the easy, lazy, unfalsifiable existential claims you tend to make all day, every day, most of which have no grave consequence.  But when you can no longer make them, your focus must shift sharply from idle speculations on things you don't really know, to things that you did, in order to observe something.  You can't even cheat and pretend humility by saying, "It appears to me that ____ IS ____..."  Because that IS pops up again!  You have to stop speaking passively in terms of your perception, and start speaking actively in terms of what you observed.  This leads you to start inquiring more, and discovering more things.  

So,
"The cat is black."  (X)
"The cat appears to be black, to me."  (X)
"The cat appears black."  (OK) But...to whom?  Surely not the people who don't see it.
"The cat appears black, to me."  (OK) But this comes off gay and face-punchable.  It makes you sound self-indulgent and smug, only concerned with your own gay subjective experience.  Like a gay faggot.  

"I SEE a black cat."
Or, "I SAW a black cat."   Very Happy  Now we're talking.  E-Prime really strengthens these kinds of statements.  It strengthens reports of observations, testimony, sightings.  It invites corroboration, participation, witnesses, a jury, the review of peers.  Or as Doolittle says, "computability." What you say has to work. This BTFOs the gay faggots constantly describing their own subjective mental states like anyone really gives a fuck.

Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:25 am

You can't completely eliminate the speculative, because you are a 'Being in Time'....you are past, made present, projecting towards, moving towards, an unknown future.
Your essence as becoming means the future is what you are concerned with, and you have no choice because you were 'thrown' into the world, or you emerged by events that you had no say in.

The issue is how you construct your speculative judgements.
Do you use precedent, your knowledge and understanding of the past (nature), or do you synthesize this past, selectively, so as to dismiss it or deny it or ignore it?The 'yet to be' is yet to be determined....but it is not totally detached from what was, or what preceded it.
The individual adds his choice to or precedent, but cannot completely contradict the past, but only slightly modify it, and how much of the determined he can modify depends no his power, his will, and his understanding of this past.

'Faggots', as you call them, simply make shit up suing their hopes, desires, dreams....emotions, or whatever it is that dominates their psychosis.
They don't care about precedent if it stands in the way of them getting to where they think they want to get to....because even their ambitions and objectives are naive and delusional, and if ever they get a taste they are quickly disillusioned.
Even their goals are corrupted by desire, need, hope...emotion.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:40 am

The idea(l), the objective is what orients the individual, and directs its will.
So, past = nature, the determined.....present/presence is the manifestation of this past, nurture...the dynamic aspect of existence, what we call being, when it should be becoming, this is what is described as 'overflowing' as pathos....the goal, the objective, the idea(l) is what we project as a destination, focusing the will, our aggregate energies.

If by 'meaning' we understand the interconnections of past with presence, the map and how it corresponds to world, geography, then the idea(l) is the destination, and the orientation within this grid of inter-relating points, and the degree they inter-relate.
The projected idea(l) is essential. It gives us meaning and purpose.
But the idea(l) because it is noetic, can be corrupted by an erroneous map, by emotions, desires etc.
The projected goal can be as delusional as the map of meanings, we've used to direct ourselves towards it.

If we keep in mind that the world is flux, is dynamic, then things become more intricate and can go wrong in so many ways.
For this reason understanding is superior to just knowing....because understanding finds patterns within fluctuating data knowledge that hold true for longer periods of space/time.
Our mental map is constantly reaffirmed, but we need not change it, update/upgrade it as often if we discover patterns in the data patterns.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:44 am

This is the motive of philosophy....or what we call wisdom.
the discovery of the underlying pattern, which all data, all experiences, must adhere to....because it explains them, connects them.
So the points in our grid and how they all inter-relate, but also to what degree they do so, to as near an approximate precision, as possible, is the goal of philosophy.
Wasting our time on self-evident things like 'men are men and not women' or 'appearance matters and is the essence of other'...or 'absolutes do not exist outside minds', or 'gender and race are not social constructs but naturally evolved types', because we are forced to humour imbeciles or to comfort females and emasculated men-children, distracts us from this, and contributes to dumbing-down.

We waste out time by taking morons and imbeciles seriously, because we are forced to, given the social circumstances, or because we've been infected with the myth that all opinions matter and should be respected.
Egalitarianism seeps through and dumbs us all down. All-inclusion, nobody ought to be hurt, or excluded, all opinions are equally probable....more is better, and on and on.....
We waste our time on the self-evident, or what does not require further consideration because no new information or insights have been provided, returning back to the same crap.

Look at how much time and effort we waste on the Abrahamic one-god, for no other reason than how popular it is among morons and cowards.
Has anyone ever shown us an absolute oneness, a whole...an indivisible, immutable thing, particle whatever?
No!
Case closed, or pushed into the 'requires evidence' pile,a nd filed away as speculative....until someone does, and does not only speak of it, and feel it, or think of it, or write it as a symbol/word, no more mental energy is to be wasted on infantile shit.

AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:55 am

Cold Weasel I generally agree with the idea behind it but it all sounds excessive to me. We only have our own mind and senses to rely on for perceiving the world and making statements so we can't escape our own perspective even if we wanted to and therefore can only ever speak of how things appear to us anyways. To make a statement of is, is to make a statement of how things appear (to us). This is implicitly understood by most honest people so if you discuss things with such people there's no need to make it explicit.

Furthermore, using the word "appear" instead of "is" doesn't even really prevent lying, as you can lie using that, too. "The grass appears purple and not green to me", "The sun appears blue to me" etc. And the nasty thing about it is that it reduces all perspectives to the same level, so in a sense it is even worse than "is" in terms of preventing lies.

If anything, it is the word "appear" that should exclusively be used in friendly circles, with people who share similar interests and predispositions, where one can display humility and uncertainty without it being seen as only a weakness to be attacked.

The braindead masses, the liars and deceivers, the parasites etc. only get the fascistic command of "this is how things are and you either submit or we fuck you up". Truth and violence. Displaying humility and skpeticism in one's own true claims while the other side shamelessly promotes extreme lies will do you no good. And they don't care about being verbally deconstructed because they don't care about truth and reason, for if they did, they wouldn't be shamelessly promoting extreme lies in the first place.

Cold Weasel

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:13 pm

AutSider wrote:
Cold Weasel I generally agree with the idea behind it but it all sounds excessive to me. We only have our own mind and senses to rely on for perceiving the world and making statements so we can't escape our own perspective even if we wanted to and therefore can only ever speak of how things appear to us anyways. To make a statement of is, is to make a statement of how things appear (to us). This is implicitly understood by most honest people so if you discuss things with such people there's no need to make it explicit.

Furthermore, using the word "appear" instead of "is" doesn't even really prevent lying, as you can lie using that, too. "The grass appears purple and not green to me", "The sun appears blue to me" etc. And the nasty thing about it is that it reduces all perspectives to the same level, so in a sense it is even worse than "is" in terms of preventing lies.

If anything, it is the word "appear" that should exclusively be used in friendly circles, with people who share similar interests and predispositions, where one can display humility and uncertainty without it being seen as only a weakness to be attacked.

The braindead masses, the liars and deceivers, the parasites etc. only get the fascistic command of "this is how things are and you either submit or we fuck you up". Truth and violence. Displaying humility and skpeticism in one's own true claims while the other side shamelessly promotes extreme lies will do you no good. And they don't care about being verbally deconstructed because they don't care about truth and reason, for if they did, they wouldn't be shamelessly promoting extreme lies in the first place.

I deadlifted heavier last week than I had prior to that.  Isn't that "excessive"?   I mean, we only have our own muscles to work with, we can't escape not being able to lift very heavy things.  I'll never be able to lift a house, so why lift heavier and heavier weights?  Neutral

Furthermore, some people don't even lift, and just see it as a weakness to be attacked.  I mean, what if I bring my weights to the ghetto for some reason and I'm lifting all alone, and someone stabs me? Neutral  

It's not about displaying humility and uncertainty, it's about displaying less inaccurate, erroneous information. I already said "appears" is gay.

Discipline helps.  Fucking obviously you will discipline yourself in an environment where others are doing similar things.  

EVERYONE tries to get away with more than they can justify to others, at some times.  Everyone is dishonest sometimes, even with themselves, even with people they don't intend to lie to.  Everyone benefits from discipline, to greater or lesser degrees.  Those too stupid or pathological not to run with their base instincts and lie all the time, have their betters to give them a good kick now and again.  (And create incentives to discourage them from breeding.)

Magnus Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 6:38 pm

"Joe is depressed" does not mean "Joe is always depressed". Two different, though overlapping, propositions. "Joe is depressed" simply means "Joe is depressed at the time of speaking". If someone thinks otherwise that means they have a problem with language, one they should resolve by studying the rules of language instead of blaming it on the verb to-be.

If I say "Joe is depressed" is that a god speech? Do I have to start every one of my statements with "In my opinion, "? And even then, I'd still be using the verb to-be. How do you say "Joe is depressed" in E-Prime? Is it something like " It appears to me that Joe suffers from depression right now"? Maybe not, you think this is gay.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 pm

One accompanies a judgement with an argument and with evidence.
First one defines 'depressed', then one identifies the external signs of an internal phenomenon.
Then one explains why the phenomenon appears, what caused it.

All can then witness for themselves, first the external signs, agreeing or disagreeing if they signify an internal phenomenon, defined accurately, and then the possible cause of this state of mind.
The most probable argument has to be affirmed, and the least noes filed away as unconfirmed possible, theoretical.

With Joe one can ask directly.
But what if Joe is the name of a dog. We can still verify our theory by comparing the external with what we know of depression, because we've experienced it in ourselves, or because we've seen it in others in more than one occasion.
We can know Joe is depressed even if Joe, himself, is ignorant of what that means, or may even deny it.
We can know other, more than other knows himself.

Self-awareness is not universal.It takes more than self-awareness. It takes courage, honesty, integrity, an eye for details, and evidence, the ability to validate a hypothesis using external signs, gradually building a hypothesis from possible to probable.

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

this guy praises his white ancestors on his knees after checking if his tv hasnt been stolen after waking up whilst having a family with an asian woman? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked autists never cease to amaze me...
this is posted here because curt shared it on his wall but it doesnt link it on fb like that though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 4:23 pm

There have been a lot of white-pills over the last two years since Trump's election, most recently the Kavanaugh confirmation. Here's the black-pill - it's not gonna last. Whether it's next week, 2020, 2024, or soon thereafter, the reality will hit - demographics is destiny. At some point soon, if things don't drastically change, there will be no path to victory for the Right in democratic elections. This is something the Left gleefully looks forward to. But it's a bad miscalculation on their part. See, Trump isn't our last hope. He's their last hope. If the demographic trends aren't reversed (the Wall, deportation, halt on immigration) there will be no viable path to victory through the ballot box, and we'll have no choice but to knock that box over and grab our rifles. We won't bother playing a game we can't win. And if anyone thinks we're going to lose this country that we founded and built, watch it turn Socialist and have our 1st and 2nd Amendment rights be trampled, they are delusional. Remember, the Sons of Liberty's fight against the British Empire was sparked by a 3% tax.... on tea.

CD: we are going to have a revolution, revel it.

these are taken from his facebook, what are your thoughts?(as i think its important if it could happen)
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 5:05 pm

The odds of this happening are low, but not nil.
Brainwashing has to be factored in.

The (((parasite))) will try to adjust to the new demographics, but it cannot compensate for their decline.
Those who cannot establish a successful system cannot inherit it from those who could and did, without destroying it.
Institutionalized Checks & Balances will help maintain it, for a while, but demographic dilution will gradually affect innovation. already the US is importing 'brain power' from other cultures. The laws will be redefined, along with the constitution.
As the world rises economically this will trickle down to an insufficient influx of genetic 'transfusion'.

The process will be so slow that it will not be noticeable until it has crossed the point of no return - Crossed the Rubicon.
The (((parasite))) will slowly kill the host, and with it itself, forcing itself to 'jump' to a new host...as it has countless times before.
We see it with Trump and how he is undermining decades of alliance building, forcing Europeans, for one, to rethink their own security outside the US umbrella - NATO.
The rise of the Right signals this rethinking.
The next president will try to make amends, and reverse the tide, but the signal has been sent - the US cannot be trusted to remain loyal, and reliable.

If there is a rebellion, sparked by European resentment, it will be like the resentment expressed by the Southerners, against their Northern Puritan 'brothers' when they proposed a change in the American hierarchies.            
Either a splintering will occur, or a a gradual decline, is more likely.
Europeans (whites as they are called), are in lethargy....too few are woken. Most are liberals, happy to just indulge in hedonism and ideological word-games. Not enough of them will wake-up before it's too late.Most have already embraced their won extinction...calling it 'enlightenment', and 'progress'...a step close to the utopian ideal of a united humanity.
Internal 'terrorism' will increase...but as demographics shift nothing can be done about it but only absorb it as part of being 'envied by haters of freedom and crackpots and intellectual Neanderthals'.
The propaganda machine is powerful in the US. It can redefine 'freedom fighters, fighting against Soviet oppressors' into 'terrorists' who envy the US and its 'way of life'.
The decline, genetic dilution produces, will eventually reduce the US to a peripheral power, and then break it apart when it is unable to maintain the ideological myth of 'freedom' from past, through the messiah 'money'.
The US was always a nation of the disgruntled seeking a new start, and an escape from their past.
When it can no longer provide this it will cease to be relevant.
It's already using money to transfuse itself with genes that are being diluted within its own populations.
But as other economies rise this transfusion will trickle down to insufficient levels able to maintain competitive creativity.
Like a terminal patient it will slowly drift into itself - fall into a coma it cannot awaken from.
At that point it will be vulnerable to scavengers and parasites of all kinds. It will lose its sense of self.
It will continue to be a multicultural unity centred around 'freedom from past', but with lower genetics dominating, it will attract those who cannot be innovative enough to preserve it.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Unless some charismatic leader does not appear out of nowhere, I doubt Americans born and raised in the decadence of the US have the spirit and the minds to muster up resistance.
If we take Trump as an example, we see the narcissistic childishness they produce and rally behind.
After decades of sit-coms, and pop-culture, what can they draw from a heritage they've already lost?

AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm

This channel exploded, just today it grew almost a 1000 subscribers...

Back to top Go down
Cold Weasel

Cold Weasel

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 8:04 pm

I've watched some of his videos.  Came here to share a good interview he did with MW.  He makes some good clear points:

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 8:38 pm

yellow vests = a generation of people used to the wealth and social proof of the post war American standard enabled by the momentary American world dominance, hijacked by the business mafia to consume and to expect to consume and be able to consume exponentially more, given means to do so(cheap credit), then spoiled philosophically and degraded to a level of a child-like mental state(unable to reason logically and demanding of others) by the 60's era now colliding with the fact that the posterity is rising and will be rising more and more(given the rise of china, the decline of america and the globalization of the 2nd and 3rd world) and there will be less and less with time for us and our children and the social system will become less and less consequently too...We have masses of people colliding with reality and being unable to look at themselves exploding on others in fits of rage...
I think the most base motives are always the best to begin with, especially in 2018 France.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism* - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Curt Doolittle's *Propertarianism*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA :: LYCEUM-
Jump to: