Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Behold, the potato chip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chris82179

Behold, the potato chip Empty
PostSubject: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 11:57 am

Might all thine eyes cast its gaze upon this sliced seasoned potato that has been seared in ovens, cooked in vats of the liquid that might be of the river styx. Note the areas of the sliced potato that have been licked by flame itself, ponder the difference in taste of that darkened area compared to the rest. Note the season, the oils within, the freshness sustained through centuries of perfected techniques

Might all thine lips feel the delicate fragility of its peaks and valleys, the sensation it gives to the lips upon touch alone, no flavor, just the ridges and seasonings seeping through your porous sensitive lips.

Might all thine tongues taste the glory of this Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffle, that has been mass produced to become nothing but fodder for the bovine that walk this earth. These piggish beings can purchase bags upon bags of these with money from the labor of the industrious beings in this nation, welcome to the food of everyone.

Might this be something so rare that it can be seen as a delicacy? Yes, it would, if it were rare. But it is not, it is easy to make, it is easy to get, easy to taste, to over indulge in, to get sick of. To scorn. I mock your simpleton food, I laugh at your face while you eat the excrement of metal machines that nary a human eye looks over, that is so cheap it may as well be free.

But, it all depends on how you want to look at it yes?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:03 pm

That particular food item is pure poison.
Just like the ideals and words Moderns feed on daily.

Addictive but destructive over time.

Then wash it down with a sugar-filled, artificially colored, addictive, can of poison...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Marketing them to morons is easy, when you have no integrity, no shame, no other motive than to exploit a natural attraction to sugars and salts.
No nutrition, sold to the masses.
Like the words they use.

Do they not sell to those who desire exactly what is desirable, with no concern about the consequences?

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
chris82179

PostSubject: Re: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:08 pm

Satyr wrote:
That particular food item is pure poison.
Just like the ideals and words Moderns feed on daily.

Addictive but destructive over time.

Then wash it down with a sugar-filled, artificially colored, addictive, can of poison...

Marketing them to morons is easy, when you have no nitegiry, no shame, no other motive than to exploit a natural attraction to sugars and salts.
No nutrition, sold to the masses.
Like the words they use.

It is poison in so much as alcohol is poison. Do not over indulge. Eat merely three slices of seasoned potatoes. Do not succumb to desires of the producer to eat bags upon bags, the daily recommended serving is not for you. Nay, the daily recommended serving for a prudent, disciplined individual is but three gentle slices. No more, certainly no more.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:10 pm

Not only what you eat, and how much, but how it is prepared.
What the motive of the one preparing it is.

Selling sugar-water with paint to little girls and boys is easy...they know not what they are consuming.

chris82179

PostSubject: Re: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:17 pm

Sugar water for the kids, yeast water for the adults. Over indulgence, or prudence...
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Even if no preservatives or flavours are added, its the high temp. processing whether in homes or in factories, whether you bake it or you fry it, in starch products that releases [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

More:

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
chris82179

PostSubject: Re: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 2:51 pm

I think we can find something wrong with any of the food items listed in this forum.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:01 pm

chris82179 wrote:
I think we can find something wrong with any of the food items listed in this forum.

Quote :
Παν μετρον αριστον

How do you determine which is more and which less detrimental to human, the particular concurrence of patterns?
seek in past the patterns, to combine with the present, the apparent, so as to discern the most probable from the delusional and fantastic and less probable.

What diet is for the human species?
What precedent applies and why?

Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:11 pm

Potatoes are an attrition staple, during a time of famine and starvation.

Begin with the item, the exact food. What is a potatoe and what does it signify? Almost pure starch, a food of bare sustenance. Potatoes have historically been used during times of food scarcity, starvation, during military sieges, and for long voyages over the seas. The potato has evolved a very long shelf life. It is meant to be eaten after months of waiting, especially when combined with salt.
Back to top Go down
chris82179

PostSubject: Re: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Satyr wrote:
chris82179 wrote:

Quote :
Παν μετρον αριστον

How do you determine which is more and which less detrimental to human, the particular concurrence of patterns?
seek in past the patterns, to combine with the present, the apparent, so as to discern the most probable from the delusional and fantastic and less probable.

What diet is for the human species?
What precedent applies and why?

Not much is harmful to humans in small qty's.  Everything is harmful to humans in large qty's, including water.  So it comes down to finding the acceptable amount of each food drink that we should have.

As far as me, I eat what I want, when I want. I listen to my body, I suppose. My taste buds tell me what I want.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 12:36 pm

I know chips are bad for you, but have you tried Lay's new Southern Biscuits and Gravy chips? Tastes just like Bob Evans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behold, the potato chip Behold, the potato chip Empty

Back to top Go down

Behold, the potato chip
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA :: EPICURE-
Jump to: