Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

The Rise and Fall of Cultures.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kultur

Kultur

The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 7:57 pm

I once tried to approach music through science. One can do that, too, but there always remains a rest that science cannot explain and will never be able to explain, because science does not think: "Science does not think" (Martin Heidegger). One can also not explain physics with physical means. Such a thing can only be done by thinking (philosophy).

And it's the same with music. I have already said something in this thread about the things, phenomenons and situations and called all this "language":

Kultur wrote:
Language - from semiotics to mathematics inclusive - has a very high significance. Everything in it tells of itself to us, it speaks, and we are the ones who have to figure out how to properly retell what has been told ....

What do you actually think of the thesis of Pythagoras that the moving celestial bodies sound in certain intervals (harmony of the spheres) and that this harmony can not be perceived by us only because it affects us continuously?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hubert-brune.de/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 8:22 pm

Music like existence does not think....but man does.
Man tries to make sense of existence using binary semiotics.

I defer to Schopenhauer's description of existence as a cosmic symphony, and each particle a note.
I would include in this allegorical description the factor of chaos, as background white noise, experienced as silence.
The allegory works for me, as all art does - including music.
I feel its truth....yet some, like I, want to know the source and the reasons, whereas those like you simply want to surrender to it.
It is true that finding the source may decrease the enjoyment....like knowing why we dance and what it symbolizes inhibits the dancer from letting go....and few want to lose the "magic" or the amazement, the mystery....
Like I said...a feminine disposition.
I can indulge, but I cannot surrender to this impulse...even if it costs me its enjoyment.

Last edited by Satyr on Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 8:28 pm

My metaphysics has attempted to incorporate this and the ancient-wisdoms, into a cohesive model.
Energy is what existence is. Dynamic, you can call it - interactive.
For example, "notes" are but patterns..."melodies" are but sequences of patterns. Every pattern with its own tone, speed, intensity.
I imagine it as a vibrating string, minus the string - only vibration - a note.
A repeating sequence is a particular particle - order.
A non-patterned vibration is called "chaotic", and it is what allows or necessitates free-will.
The pre-Socratics had Ananke as one of the primordial ones, later preplaced by Eros, a change indicating Hellenic decline towards decadence.
Ananke = necessity, need.
Before the fire metaphor they imagined existence as a cauldron...which Ananke struck, creating existence.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 8:43 pm

Every culture has its identifying ideals, ergo every culture that survives and remains true to these defining ideals will produce its own Übermensch.
Those of the Abrahamic culture, with their own monopolizing ideals, will have us believe that there is only one possible "overman", just as there is only one-god.
Mankind can be surpassed using multiple methods and towards multiple directions.
Singularities are what totalitarians use to manipulate weak and gullible spirits; messianism is monopolizing, based on binary dualisms - either/or, good/evil, heaven/hell, utopia/extinction...salvation/damnation.  
No nuance....
Authoritarian, though they pretend to be open-minded.
Deceitful.

The ancients Indo-Euroepans tolerated all gods because they were not afraid of competition....
They did not impose their beliefs, had no messianic world mission to save mankind, they did not want to proselytize, but these freaks do.
Narcissistic Fanatics. Zealots.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 8:25 am

Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 5:03 pm

Satyr wrote:
Music like existence does not think....but man does.
Man tries to make sense of existence using binary semiotics.

I defer to Schopenhauer's description of existence as a cosmic symphony, and each particle a note.
I would include in this allegorical description the factor of chaos, as background white noise, experienced as silence.
The allegory works for me, as all art does - including music.
I feel its truth....yet some, like I, want to know the source and the reasons, whereas those like you simply want to surrender to it.
It is true that finding the source may decrease the enjoyment....like knowing why we dance and what it symbolizes inhibits the dancer from letting go....and few want to lose the "magic" or the amazement, the mystery....
Like I said...a feminine disposition.
I can indulge, but I cannot surrender to this impulse...even if it costs me its enjoyment.

Basically, I am also the one who always asks for the sources and reasons. I just learned at some point that sometimes it is better to surrender to the music.

So basically, I am a pretty rational one, but I can also be different.
Back to top Go down
Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 5:33 pm

Satyr wrote:
Every culture has its identifying ideals, ergo every culture that survives and remains true to these defining ideals will produce its own Übermensch.
Those of the Abrahamic culture, with their own monopolizing ideals, will have us believe that there is only one possible "overman", just as there is only one-god.
Is Abrahamism for you just another word for the so-called "magical" ("Arab") culture?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 5:49 pm

Arabs are Semites.
Not all Semites are Jews; not all Jews are Semites.

Abrahamism = unified around the symbolic figure - real or not - of Abraham, producing three major Magian/Nihilistic spiritualities/religions: Judaism, and from Judaism Christianity and Islam. these three can be subdivided and are secularized, over time.
Nihilism developing form spiritual - religious - to ideological - political - forms.
Judaism was also affected when it came in contact with Hellenism. It splintered into three competing versions: Orthodox, Political (Marxism) and Cultural (Zionism); all three can mix, as necessary, concealing their roots, and are in conflict with each other.
Judaism is itself a offshoot of Egyptian spirituality and Zoroastrian monotheism.
Abrahamism = Afro-Asiatic spirituality, characterized by sacred texts, monotheism - often depicted as multiplicities, or dualities - anti-life/anti-nature - ergo nihilistic - and messianism - unable to tolerate other spiritualities, by-product of tis either/or psychosis.

Arab culture, is part of Abrahamism, although, like modern European culture, it has pagan roots - which are corrupted and integrated into tis Islamic variations.

Nihilism is a mental disease that infects and warps all host cultures it comes in contact with.
So, we can see in modern-Greek orthodoxy the corrupted remnants of Hellenism....so you may ask me "Is modern Greek culture, like modern Arabian culture, Magian?"
Yes...

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am

Spengler, Oswald wrote:
The scheme ‘ancient-medieval-modern’ in its first form was a creation of the Magian world-sense. It first appeared in the Persian and Jewish religions after Cyrus, received an apocalyptic sense in the teaching of the Book of Daniel on the four world-eras and was developed into world-history in the post-Christian religions of the East, notably the Gnostic systems.
From inferior (evil) towards superior (good) creating Magian linear time which has been established in Americanism as the political concept of "progress"; in its economics as perpetual market growth; in its moral codes as "the right side of history", tending towards a liberating future; an inversion of pagan cycles, from near-absolute order towards near-absolute chaos, where future is defined as a movement towards decline, i.e., fragmentation, alienation, meaninglessness.
The right/left political dichotomies reflect this inversion: “left” is associated with "progress” – a movement towards the "better,” worshipping and promoting change, as if it required help to continue – whereas “right” is associated with regression, stagnation, maintenance – when, in fact, it is the true radical movement against cosmic change, preserving order within cosmic flux, veering towards increasing chaos.

Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 8:09 pm

Yes, it is about conservation. Conservation is more important, much more important than the countermovement, which can only lead to chaos (entropy), because this movement is without ground, without principles, without origin, without past, without family, without generations, without children, and irrationally also sees the future, the so-called „progress“ in it (like "the terrible children" in Sloterdijks said book), as if progress needed nihilisim, destruction, death, if future needed no future.

The only tense to which we can refer reliably, because we can know it after all, is the past tense. We know the past, at least to a certain extent (some more, some less), but above all we know our own past; but we know almost nothing about the present (if we knew anything about it, it would already be past) and almost nothing about the future. But it always serves only very certain people when this reference is reversed and everyone and everything is supposed to be related only to the present and the future.

It is a pity that Sloetrdijk's book "Die schecklichen Kinder der Neuzeit" has still not been published in English. I think you would like that book. The "terrible children" described in the book are similar to those you call "Abrahamists" or "Desperate Degenerates."
Back to top Go down
Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 8:11 pm

Heiner Mühlmann's book "Die Natur der Kulturen - Versuch einer kulturgenetischen Theorie" ("The Nature of Cultures - Attempt of a Theory of Cultural Genetics"), published in 1996, is also very worth reading. In it, the cultural decorum system is presented with the help of the natural science ranking model. At the center of "The Nature of Cultures" is the "Maximum Stress Cooperation Thesis." "MSC" is the acronymic shortening of the term "maximal stress cooperation". The MSC model was developed from the logic of decorum ranking systems and the physiology of stress behavior.The MSC theory has been adopted and further developed by other philosophers, for example just now by Peter Sloterdijk in his book "Theorie der Nachkriegszeiten" ("Theory of Post-War Times" - or is the book not available in English either?), published in 2008.
Back to top Go down
Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 6:06 pm

With my theory, I set the dates for the cultural-historical "seasons" somewhat differently than Spengler did.

For me, the cycle of a culture already begins at the beginning of "winter". The beginning of "spring" symbolizes the cultural "birth".

Spengler's "winter" still largely coincides with my "autumn".

Kultur wrote:
In "spring" culture goes up as it does in nature, from the equinox to the summer solstice: birth, blossoming, upward striving to the peak.

Compared to "summer" and "autumn", when harvesting is already possible, "spring" is not yet so stable for a culture, because almost everything is still under construction, while summer and autumn are already about deconstruction (decomposition, at last: degeneration), which is finished when winter begins.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .
Back to top Go down
Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 1:04 pm

At first, money defeats politics and the economy (today understood as the real economy). But it is defeated by blood at the end of the cultural cycle. This happens in the "time of the fighting states", the time between Napoleonism and Caesarism, in which - as said - first the money wins, but at the end the blood, so that the first becomes the second Caesarism, i.e. from primal Caesarism becomes Caesarist monarchy (Augustus called it "principate", but it was what we know from history as the Roman Empire, which, by the way, underwent a new edition after the fall of Rome: Frankish Empire, Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation - from "Caesar" [Latin] to "Kaiser" [German]).

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 2:40 pm

It comes down to quantity over quality.
At the end of every cultural cycle quantities are dominant, as quality has laid down the groundwork to protect them from reality, or an objective, indifferent, cosmos; sheltering them within a self-refertnetial, i.e., solipsistic, inter-subjective artificiality - within which ideology nullifies reality, or can remain detached from it, since sheltering protects the participants from the consequences.
In this phase money is the medium of inter-subjective cooperation - the messianic symbol offering all a way to escape the world. This is the phase when parasites and vermin flourish; as the host dies the roaches come out in droves.
Fiat money is part of the end phase. Money detached from the tangible world - from resources - becoming a matter of abstractions and inter-subjective trust, enforced by an institution. Money- as a medium of exchange - gradually becomes linguistic detachment from the tangible, experienced, physical world. A process mirroring the detachment of mind form body, i.e., homosexuality, transsexuality, mind/body dissonance, ideology with no external referents; words/symbols referring and referring to other words/symbols - nihilism.

Quality refers to natural selection - fitness - and to traits selected through interacting with the world, unsheltered by masses, i.e., quantities.
Quality is determined by what traits offer an advantage within world, unprotected by group sheltering dynamics.  
So, the cycle can be understood as increasing quantities - good times cultivating weak men - collapsing and gradually giving way to qualities - hard times cultivating strong men.
Increasing quantities of men means natural selection has ceased to apply - or is unbalanced by an intervening agency - and so such men would seek an alternate reason to justify their existence; if they have not earned it, by proving themselves, then they must deserve it, due to some moral reason.
Such an approach would be popular....and so it will overwhelm quality with its avalanche of quantities.

But nature is self correcting. This is why such a process can only collapse, starting the process over again.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 10:27 am

Nature and Populations interact producing culture. Culture is established - if successful – and develops Civilization. Civilisations follow organic cycles of birth towards death.
Every Civilisation is a variant (offspring) of a foundational parental Culture, adjusting its evolving traditions, ideals, world-views, and ethical amendments to fluctuating regional and temporal forces.
Civilization is a SuperOrganism, comparable to an Organism – memetic rather than genetic. SuperOrganisms are Organic unities.
Memes extend Genes in space/time; SuperOrganism is an extension of the sum total of the organisms participating within its temporal spatial boundaries; every organism a cell within a SuperOrganic body, i.e., state.
Nation-States lack coherence if they have no common ethnic (genetic) nor cultural (memetic) foundations, oftentimes overcompensating for this lack of organic cohesion with a stringent anchoring ideology; usually concealing the absence of organic cohesion with occult, mystical semiology – nihilism is the inevitable discovery of this ideological concealment, psychologically expriences as disillusionment, disconnection, and radical skepticism concerning everything previously considered indubitable, including the world/reality, existence itself; this absence is emotionally felt as a loss of meaning and purpose, commencing the stages of grief.
An end of an Empire is the end of a dominant Civilization, which is an end of a world-view, an “established reality” all participants experience this as the negation of everything they once took for granted as being eternal, indivisible, immutable, i.e., absolute. The trauma is so severe that all members born and raised under its dominion go to extremes, as this is part of the experience of loss and grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance.
We are currently – circa 2000 onward – moving through the stage of denial towards the stage of anger with the decline and coming end of Americanism.

Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 5:08 pm

It can also be said that pretty much exactly when culture begins its stage of civilization, the priority of quantity over quality also begins (in the time before it was the other way around: priority of quality over quantity). Among other things one recognizes this priority also by the fact that always everything is measured according to quantity, thus also everything is reinterpreted in money; quality can be recognized ever more badly, because it is displaced ever more frequently by the quantity censorship into the meaninglessness.
Back to top Go down
Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 5:10 pm

Concerning psychologism and historicism:

I fight against psycholgism, as already Husserl and Heidegger did. But I do not fight historicism.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 6:02 pm

History is a product of psychological factors, and how individuals relate with others and with existence.
But, overdoing it will disregard the factor of natural processes which have no intent.

A dance between the living and non-living.

Psychology is a manifestation of individual personality - organ hierarchy - and environment - at any given time.
Psychology is transmissible not only through the body - aura - but through mind - semiotics...and so a psychology of the mases is possible.
Politics is the art of creating and manipulating human psychology.

Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 6:20 pm

For me that (so also psychology) is only semiotics, i.e. language in the broadest sense.

I always start from the signs. It is always a matter of the signs having to be interpreted or understood correctly.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 6:26 pm

Language can be used to connect with world or to disconnect from it, and this choice is founded on psychology, expressing a attitude towards existence.
Interpretation is not equal.
A wrong translation of "signs", as you put it, leads to errors, which can then be blamed on another.
If one takes responsibility for them and objectively re-evalautes he can correct his errors.

History is the product of this process.

Deception - self-deception - is the final act of a long list of errors and man's inability to identify his own responsibility in them.

Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 6:49 pm

But there is no psyche in the sense "science" and especially psychologism try to suggest.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 6:56 pm

Science attempts to deal with the corruptive influence of psychology, and fails to do so completely, since nothing is perfect.
We need only observe the scientific dogmas of postmodernism and how it participates in the current postmodern madness.
It is no longer empirical...so it cannot define what a "woman" is without exposing itself and its hidden anxieties.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 8:02 pm

An additional comment having to do with Cycles of Cultural...

1-"Good times" adjust an individual organ hierarchies and organ hierarchies determine personae (personality) and personalities determine socioeconomic hierarchies.

2- Sheltering - "good times " - reduces the cost of survival, in turn reducing the severity of individual judgments and choices.
Minds become complacent, carefree and careless.
Nothing matters...all is meaningless.

3- "Good times" and abundance protect and propagates unfit mutations, reducing the overall quality of a population - in turn affecting the kinds of men that rise to power and are tolerated there.

So, psychology plays a major part in historical events.

Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2022 3:25 pm

Psycholgy as part of a philosophy, yes, but not as part of a science.

Besides, the whole system is corrupt to the core anyway.

It is about power.

In the past, the monotheistic religions seduced their people with the word "soul" to make them docile; today, the same is done in an even more disastrous way with the word "psyche".
Back to top Go down
Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2022 3:48 pm

"Jeder Philosoph von Beruf ist gezwungen, ohne ernstliche Nachprüfung an das Dasein eines Etwas zu glauben, das sich in seinem Sinne verstandesmäßig behandeln läßt, denn seine ganze geistige Existenz hängt von dieser Möglichkeit ab. Es gibt deshalb für jeden noch so skeptischen Logiker und Psychologen einen Punkt, an welchem die Kritik schweigt und der Glaube beginnt, wo selbst der strengste Analytiker aufhört, seine Methode - gegen sich selbst nämlich und auf die Frage der Lösbarkeit, selbst des Vorhandenseins seiner Aufgabe - anzuwenden. Den Satz: Es ist möglich, durch das Denken die Formen des Denkens festzustellen, hat Kant nicht bezweifelt, so zweifelhaft er dem Nichtphilosophen erscheinen mag. Den Satz: es gibt eine Seele, deren Struktur wissenschaftlich zugänglich ist; was ich durch kritische Zerlegung bewußter Daseinsakte in Gestalt von psychischen 'Elementen', 'Funktionen', 'Komplexen' feststelle, das ist meine Seele - hat noch kein Psychologe bezweifelt. Gleichwohl hätten die stärksten Zweifel sich hier einstellen sollen. Ist eine abstrakte Wissenschaft vom Seelischen überhaupt möglich? Ist, was man auf diesem Wege findet, identisch mit dem, was man sucht? Warum ist alle Psychologie, nicht als Menschenkenntnis und Lebenserfahrung, sondern als Wissenschaft genommen, von jeher die flachste und wertloseste aller philosophischen Disziplinen geblieben, in ihrer völligen Leerheit ausschließlich der Jagdgrund mittelmäßiger Köpfe und unfruchtbarer Systematiker? Der Grund ist leicht zu finden. Die 'empirische' Psychologie hat das Unglück, nicht einmal ein Objekt im Sinne irgend einer wissenschaftlichen Technik zu besitzen. Ihr Suchen und Lösen von Problemen ist ein Kampf mit Schatten und Gespenstern. Was ist das - Seele? Könnte der bloße Verstand darauf eine Antwort geben, so wäre die Wissenschaft bereits überflüssig." (Oswald Spengler, Der Untergang des Abendlandes, 1918, S. 381-382).

Translation:

"Every philosopher by profession is forced to believe without serious verification in the existence of something that can be treated rationally in his sense, because his whole mental existence depends on this possibility. Therefore, for every logician and psychologist, however skeptical, there is a point at which criticism is silent and faith begins, where even the strictest analyst ceases to apply his method - against himself, namely, and to the question of solvability, even of the existence of his task. Kant did not doubt the proposition: it is possible to determine the forms of thinking by thinking, however doubtful it may seem to the non-philosopher. The proposition: there is a soul (psyche) whose structure is scientifically accessible; what I determine by critical dissection of conscious acts of existence in the form of mental 'elements', 'functions', 'complexes', that is my soul  (psyche) - has not yet been doubted by any psychologist. Nevertheless, the strongest doubts should have arisen here. Is an abstract science of the soul  (psyche) possible at all? Is what one finds in this way identical with what one seeks? Why has all psychology, taken not as knowledge of man and experience of life, but as a science, remained from time immemorial the shallowest and most worthless of all philosophical disciplines, in its utter emptiness exclusively the hunting ground of mediocre minds and barren systematists? The reason is easy to find. The 'empirical' psychology has the misfortune not even to possess an object in the sense of any scientific technique. Its search and solution of problems is a struggle with shadows and ghosts. What is it - soul  (psyche)? If the mere mind could give an answer to it, science would already be superfluous."
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2022 4:02 pm

Psyche = organ hierarchies establishing a personae.
A personae that interacts with environment - nature: chaos/order, i.e., Flux.

Psyche, in the Platonic: triad of human identity = Reason/Will/Pathos, corresponding to mind/nervous system/body.
Nihilism inverts the order or completely rejects the body, leaving only reason and will, and nothing physical, tangible, real.
When nihilism describes an inversion it places pathos before will and reason, essentially subjectivity usurping objectivity. as I've noted: nihilism inverts reality. It takes the experienced world and conceptualizes its opposite, ergo it negates the sensually perceived experienced world.

Psyche can be thought of as two distinct sources of memory: genetic (DNA) and memetic (experiential), merging and synthesizing, in the nervous system (brain being its hub), competing to determine the organism's judgements and subsequent choices.

When I speak of phycology I speak of this fluctuating relationship of an individual - and its triadastic unity - and its environment, establishing a way, a method.

Kultur

Kultur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2022 4:14 pm

"Was nötig ist, die eigentliche große Aufgabe des 20. Jahrhunderts in der 'psychologischen' Forschung, ist nicht irgendeine Psychologie (Klages), sondern die Geschichte der menschlichen Seele, ihrer Entstehung, Entwicklung, ihres Niederganges; wie sie Leid auf Leid häuft, denn dem Tier gegenüber ist das menschliche Leiden, weil innerlich und über Gegenwart und Körper hinaus, ins Unendliche gesteigert. Der Mensch ist das seelisch leidende Tier. Das ist seine Tiefe, seine Größe. Deshalb ist die Weltgeschichte des Menschen eine Tragödie. Denn alles, was er ausdrückt, seine gesamte Kultur, sein Wollen und Kämpfen, Kunst, Religion, Staat, Krieg, ist aus dem Leiden an dem Dasein der Seele entstanden." (Oswald Spengler, Frühzeit der Weltgeschichte, postum, S. 31-32).

Translation:

"What is necessary, the real great task of the 20th century in 'psychological' research, is not just any psychology (Klages), but the history of the human soul (psyche), its origin, development, its decline; how it heaps suffering upon suffering, because compared to the animal, human suffering, because internal and beyond presence and body, is increased to infinity.  Man is the animal suffering in soul (psyche). This is his depth, his greatness. That is why the world history of man is a tragedy. For everything that he expresses, his entire culture, his will and struggle, art, religion, state, war, has arisen from the suffering of the existence of the soul (psyche)."
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2022 4:20 pm

Man suffers doubly....
Physically and mentally.
Lower animals only suffer physically.

This is why the body is denied.

Man's self-consciousness exposes him to how other perceives him - objectively.
No animal can suffer this...not even those species with some emerging self-awarness has reached man's levels.
Objectivity is how man suffers...and so postmodern nihilists reject self or objectivity, seeking relief in oblivion or their private subjectivity.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 7:42 am

We are nearing the end of the nation-state - just as the city-state became obsolete, so too is the natiuon-state become obsolete.
What will follow is the SuperState, absorbing the nation and city states into a cohesive whole.

I think Nietzsche predicted that the announcement of the 'death of god' would lead to god's replacement by nationalism, which is saying that the totalitarian, authoritarian one-god of Abraham would cast off its pretences and revel itself as a representation of the idealization of collective.
As I've said:
Humanity = god; god = humanity.
Monotheism implies the elimination of all biological and cultural identifiers that stand in the way of unification into a singularity - another way of saying organisms organized into a SuperOrganism; becoming cells in a larger organic unity, distinguished only by their work, their contribution to this collective, i.e., communism.
Americanism attempted unification through miscegenating and money - messianism. An individual's work, value in relation to the Superorganism represented by money - representing the approval of the collective. No races, no sexes/gender, no ethnicities, no cultures, only money rewarding and distinguishing individuals within the collective - supply/demand.

The question is what form will these developing SuperStates take?
Will they be "melting pots" - cultures-of-no-culture, multiracial, multicultural, entities, like the American SuperState, or will ethnicities remain distinct and with some degree of autonomy within the SuperState, such as is developing by Russia, or will it maintain a loose racial hierarchy of castes, such as in India, or will the ethnicities and cultures be dominated by one tribe, one ethnicity or a shared political ideal imposing strict social rules, such as in China?
We have the monetary credit system, China is applying a social credit system.
Europe has failed to develop its own SuperState, due to American interventions.
Best option for Europe would be a canton, swiss model, where ethnicities/tribes retain cultural and social independence but share defences, external affairs and economic policies.

European identity can adopt a triad, corresponding to Plato's model of the psyche.

Primary factor = race, blood - genetics.
Secondary = culture, training, paideia, language - memetics.
Tertiary = will, choice, commitment, loyalty.

Although unlikely - unless some traumatic event changes circumstances - Democracy should be abandoned and replaced by Timocratic political systems. If the previous criteria are met, individuals are then obliged to serve the state - ion whatever capacity they can and for whatever length of time it is determined - and then must earn his or her citizenry by being able to produce and maintain the production of tangible goods - showing a flexibility, discipline of mind and the will-power required to judge and choose political leaders and policies that will rule the SuperState.

Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 8:12 am

I predict, as the Anglo-sphere wanes (dollar is weakening due to massive inflation right now), internationalists will move around and shuffle the global deck. The Russian-Indian-Chinese trade relationship may directly compete against the Anglo-sphere, economically. There is also the Chinese colonization of Africa, as a major factor. Then there is the South American continent which is still relatively untapped in terms of post-colonial powers. However, South America is almost entirely Catholic. So this is a route for the Catholic power and religion to stay relevant in this millennium.

However here is a factor that you may be overlooking: the internet. With the internet, what happens is a social congregation of "like-minds", people interested in the same topics, politics, beliefs, etc. which tends to create echo-chambers, and then isolated feedback chambers. What separates people around the world, then, is foreign language. Google addresses this, as it instantly translates all foreign languages into one another. Globalization will create nuance and opportunities here, as foreign people around the world begin to communicate and interact more often.

For the better or worse, but perhaps the better. People no longer need to depend upon their cultural, social, political borders, to access information and foreign culture, which they feel more aligned with or want to belong to.

It's a type of 'whitewashing' on the internet. This is a factor that people aren't considering.

"Globohomo" is the enforcement, by the West, sexual degeneracy into all platforms of Mass Media. However, foreign Corporations, international and global, censor these in the Middle East and China. So this is the real, actual barrier of "Super-organ State" divisions. It is becoming exponentially ideological, and based on censorship. Simply ask: will people allow their young children to watch or listen to raunchy, nasty, homosexual degeneracy, sex acts, race-mixing, etc...or not? If Not, then these Conservative/Traditional people will resist and reject Globohomo, in favor of places like...Islam, China, Russia, the "Old World", or in traditionally Catholic areas, highly religious and superstitious, that at least offer some form of protection against degenerate Western Liberalism.

What the US Democrats recently called the "Liberal World Order" in replacement of "The New World Order".

Already these political forces are waning; because they cannot even manage an economy that was stable before they took power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cultures. The Rise and Fall of Cultures. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rise and Fall of Cultures.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next