Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess
 
HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Is magic related to electro-magnetism?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 9:29 am

Certain places on the earth are magical, emanating a numinous, almost tangible feeling of power. Our ancestors knew this, and marked the most important of these sites with stone circles, temples, or similar monuments. These constructions, in turn, channelled the energy and directed it, often to increase the fertility of the land, or for healing. Such places were also the home of oracles. A whole network of these ancient sites exists, criss-crossing the landscape with straight alignments, apparently for the purpose of sending energy from one place to another, and perhaps too for communication. Today, dowsers can pick up these enegy lines, and the telluric currents that flow beneath the surface, often associated with underground streams.

The feeling in these places of power, the tingling of the skin, is very much like an electrical feeling. It is also known that strong magnetic fields can induce hallucinations of various types, and if the electro-magnetic nature of these places also induced hallucinations in our ancestors, then this is another reason for such places to be imbued with an aura of power, or as portals to worlds beyond. Today, sadly, we are awash with electro-magnetic radiation produced artificially, but nevertheless such ancient sites still retain their power, especially at certain times, following the ancient cycles of day, month and year, as they always have done.

Are magic and electro-magnetism basically the same thing, or at least closely related?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 26732
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 55
Location : Hyperborea

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 9:42 am

Yes...
The human body is encompassed by an energy field - aura - which interacts with environment at a slight distance form the flesh.
This is the source of much which we call mystical or magical.
We interact with the world without being conscious of it.

Another definition of magic is linguistic effect which happens at a greater distance - across space and time.
Oral language can transmit esoteric states - written language can do so across time.  
This form of "magic" is powerful.

I call it memetic.
Symbols placed in patterns, sequences, that transmit states of mind, abstractions etc.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 9:53 am

Satyr wrote:
Yes...
The human body is encompassed by an energy field - aura - which interacts with environment at a slight distance form the flesh.
This is the source of much which we call mystical or magical.
We interact with the world without being conscious of it.

Another definition of magic is linguistic effect which happens at a greater distance - across space and time.
Oral language can transmit esoteric states - written language can do so across time.  
This form of "magic" is powerful.

I call it memetic.
Symbols placed in patterns, sequences, that transmit states of mind, abstractions etc.

Auras are very interesting, and everything has one, not just humans. Even apparently inanimate rock, which is not inanimate at all but alive with energy, such as that found at stone circles, positively tingles before you even touch it.

Words can indeed be very powerful, evoking emotional states, for example, either with the spoken word or in written form. Words in the form of songs, and in particular chants, can also raise energy by altering one's state of mind to be more receptive.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 26732
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 55
Location : Hyperborea

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:01 am

Emotions are evolved automatic reactions - primal.
The use of words can trigger emotions that the mind experiences as a spontaneous event emerging from within them.
As though some mysterious external agency was at work.

Inspiration has been attributed to some kind of mystical, divine event....incomprehensible.
I believe this incomprehensibility is founded on the fact that the lucid mind - ego - is but a small part of the self and of consciousness.
The brain is the processing hub of the nervous system. It gather stimulations from internally - cells - and externally, via the sense organs - skin being the largest sense organ.
Most of this dats is not perceived consciously but it is processed in the brain as feeling, sense, intuition.
Emotion is automatic...s are ost judgements and choices.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:10 am

Satyr wrote:
Emotions are evolved automatic reactions - primal.
The use of words can trigger emotions that the mind experiences as a spontaneous event emerging from within them.
As though some mysterious external agency was at work.

Inspiration has been attributed to some kind of mystical, divine event....incomprehensible.
I believe this incomprehensibility is founded on the fact that the lucid mind - ego - is but a small part of the self and of consciousness.
The brain is the processing hub of the nervous system. It gather stimulations from internally - cells - and externally, via the sense organs - skin being the largest sense organ.
Most of this dats is not perceived consciously but it is processed in the brain as feeling, sense, intuition.
Emotion is automatic...s are ost judgements and choices.  

Our brain does indeed do most of the work for us without conscious intervention, especially with regard to the processing of the incomprehensibly large amount of sensory data that it gets.

How does, for example, sympathetic magic fit into the electro-magnetic conception of magic? I'm not sure of the answer to that, but it's significant, I think, that when such magic is performed at sacred sites at the right times, its effectiveness is increased.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 26732
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 55
Location : Hyperborea

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:17 am

I think this is where the effect of symbols - idols - on the conscious mind comes from the symbolism itself, and not because of some innate factor in the object used to represent an idea/ideal in the minds of those being affected by the symbol.

All is Energy - I capitalize to indicate energies not only ordered but chaotic - to differentiate it with our experience with ordered energy.
All that exists is Energy, i.e., interactive, dynamic.

So, let's say we use a stone to represent the idea in out head. This stone becomes a trigger of all that this abstraction in our head connects us with, e.g., memories, emotions, intuitions, other ideas, ideals, people, imagery etc.
If this is used as a prop in a ritual then the collective multiplies the effect, all sharing the same triggers.
Words can have such an effect.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:28 am

Satyr wrote:
I think this is where the effect of symbols - idols - on the conscious mind comes from the symbolism itself, and not because of some innate factor in the object used to represent an idea/ideal in the minds of those being affected by the symbol.

All is Energy - I capitalize to indicate energies not only ordered but chaotic - to differentiate it with our experience with ordered energy.
All that exists is Energy, i.e., interactive, dynamic.

So, let's say we use a stone to represent the idea in out head. This stone becomes a trigger of all that this abstraction in our head connects us with, e.g., memories, emotions, intuitions, other ideas, ideals, people, imagery etc.
If this is used as a prop in a ritual then the collective multiplies the effect, all sharing the same triggers.
Words can have such an effect.    

Symbolism and correspondences are certainly important aspects of magic. I would go further and say that shape, itself, is also crucial, for triggering states of mind. But this, I think, has to do with the way shape affects the flow of energy. As indeed does the subtance involved, as well of a whole host of other factors.

So in carving a rune into wood, for example, one is, on the one hand, evoking the symbolisim and meaning of that rune. But at the same time one is physically creating a shape, in this case the angular shape of the rune, which then alters the flow of energy.
Back to top Go down
WendyDarling

WendyDarling

Gender : Female Gemini Posts : 375
Join date : 2021-08-05
Age : 52
Location : North America

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:33 am

Maia wrote:
Satyr wrote:
I think this is where the effect of symbols - idols - on the conscious mind comes from the symbolism itself, and not because of some innate factor in the object used to represent an idea/ideal in the minds of those being affected by the symbol.

All is Energy - I capitalize to indicate energies not only ordered but chaotic - to differentiate it with our experience with ordered energy.
All that exists is Energy, i.e., interactive, dynamic.

So, let's say we use a stone to represent the idea in out head. This stone becomes a trigger of all that this abstraction in our head connects us with, e.g., memories, emotions, intuitions, other ideas, ideals, people, imagery etc.
If this is used as a prop in a ritual then the collective multiplies the effect, all sharing the same triggers.
Words can have such an effect.    

Symbolism and correspondences are certainly important aspects of magic. I would go further and say that shape, itself, is also crucial, for triggering states of mind. But this, I think, has to do with the way shape affects the flow of energy. As indeed does the subtance involved, as well of a whole host of other factors.

So in carving a rune into wood, for example, one is, on the one hand, evoking the symbolisim and meaning of that rune. But at the same time one is physically creating a shape, in this case the angular shape of the rune, which then alters the flow of energy.

Are you speaking to the projection and amplification of such energy, like the projection and amplification of our voice?


Last edited by WendyDarling on Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 26732
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 55
Location : Hyperborea

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:34 am

Shapes are human abstractions, with triggering utilities.
This is the source of linguistic magical powers, and of nihilism.

Shapes trigger memories, emotions, sensations, intuitions.

Forms, on the other hand, have to do with the field of effect, or the appropriation of possibilities/probabilities by an organism - proportionality is a compromise made to utility.
Symmetry is beauty. It indicated order and roder is attractive, inspiring, to living organisms.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:36 am

WendyDarling wrote:
Maia wrote:
Satyr wrote:
I think this is where the effect of symbols - idols - on the conscious mind comes from the symbolism itself, and not because of some innate factor in the object used to represent an idea/ideal in the minds of those being affected by the symbol.

All is Energy - I capitalize to indicate energies not only ordered but chaotic - to differentiate it with our experience with ordered energy.
All that exists is Energy, i.e., interactive, dynamic.

So, let's say we use a stone to represent the idea in out head. This stone becomes a trigger of all that this abstraction in our head connects us with, e.g., memories, emotions, intuitions, other ideas, ideals, people, imagery etc.
If this is used as a prop in a ritual then the collective multiplies the effect, all sharing the same triggers.
Words can have such an effect.    

Symbolism and correspondences are certainly important aspects of magic. I would go further and say that shape, itself, is also crucial, for triggering states of mind. But this, I think, has to do with the way shape affects the flow of energy. As indeed does the subtance involved, as well of a whole host of other factors.

So in carving a rune into wood, for example, one is, on the one hand, evoking the symbolisim and meaning of that rune. But at the same time one is physically creating a shape, in this case the angular shape of the rune, which then alters the flow of energy.

Are you speaking to the projection of such energy, like the projection of our voice?

Yes, the raising and sending of the energy.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 26732
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 55
Location : Hyperborea

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:37 am

Shapes are representations of forms, and forms are how the mind interprets - experiences, energies and their interactivities.
Interactivity indicates attraction/repulsion relationships - probability of interactivity.

All language, including runes, are representations.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
WendyDarling

WendyDarling

Gender : Female Gemini Posts : 375
Join date : 2021-08-05
Age : 52
Location : North America

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:37 am

Forgot to say, the crossover of tuning into energy fields through specific rituals?  Count on me for many edits.

Most people feel energy fields outside coming at them but cannot grasp their own energy.
Back to top Go down
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:41 am

Satyr wrote:
Shapes are human abstractions, with triggering utilities.
This is the source of linguistic magical powers, and of nihilism.

Shapes trigger memories, emotions, sensations, intuitions.

Forms, on the other hand, have to do with the field of effect, or the appropriation of possibilities/probabilities by an organism - proportionality is a compromise made to utility.
Symmetry is beauty. It indicated order and roder is attractive, inspiring, to living organisms.

While some shapes are beautiful and symmetrical, others are ugly and ill-proportioned. Flowing, sinuous lines tend to be more beautiful that straight ones with sharp corners, but then, this latter is a pretty good description of runes, which are certainly powerful.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 26732
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 55
Location : Hyperborea

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:42 am

We haver to keep in mind what symbols/words - semiology - is.
A technique/technology. Art.
The externalization of the internal.
The presentation of mental states, of ideas, of abstractions.
A symbol can encompass all of this into a singular symbol.

Where do these emotions, sensations, abstractions come from?
The world and how we interact with it - they are interpretations.

So if I write horse on paper, or draw a horse, it is not a horse, but a copy of how I interpreted the organism and its energies.
There are two kinds of art:
Art that represents our experience of the world.
Art that represents our reactions to our experiences of the world.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:44 am

WendyDarling wrote:
Forgot to say, the crossover of tuning into energy fields through specific rituals?  Count on me for many edits.

Most people feel energy fields outside coming at them but cannot grasp their own energy.

The raising and sending of energy is done with ritual, though there are many types of ritual. I would say, the simpler the better.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 26732
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 55
Location : Hyperborea

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:44 am

Maia wrote:
Satyr wrote:
Shapes are human abstractions, with triggering utilities.
This is the source of linguistic magical powers, and of nihilism.

Shapes trigger memories, emotions, sensations, intuitions.

Forms, on the other hand, have to do with the field of effect, or the appropriation of possibilities/probabilities by an organism - proportionality is a compromise made to utility.
Symmetry is beauty. It indicated order and roder is attractive, inspiring, to living organisms.

While some shapes are beautiful and symmetrical, others are ugly and ill-proportioned. Flowing, sinuous lines tend to be more beautiful that straight ones with sharp corners, but then, this latter is a pretty good description of runes, which are certainly powerful.

Here we must keep in mind how shapes relate to our needs desires.
For example, a curve triggers eroticism. A sharp point a threat.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:47 am

Satyr wrote:
We haver to keep in mind what symbols/words - semiology - is.
A technique/technology. Art.
The externalization of the internal.
The presentation of mental states, of ideas, of abstractions.
A symbol can encompass all of this into a singular symbol.

Where do these emotions, sensations, abstractions come from?
The world and how we interact with it - they are interpretations.

So if I write horse on paper, or draw a horse, it is not a horse, but a copy of how I interpreted the organism and its energies.
There are two kinds of art:
Art that represents our experience of the world.
Art that represents our reactions to our experiences of the world.  

All of which can go towards creating an appropriate frame of mind for magical work.
Back to top Go down
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:49 am

Satyr wrote:
Maia wrote:
Satyr wrote:
Shapes are human abstractions, with triggering utilities.
This is the source of linguistic magical powers, and of nihilism.

Shapes trigger memories, emotions, sensations, intuitions.

Forms, on the other hand, have to do with the field of effect, or the appropriation of possibilities/probabilities by an organism - proportionality is a compromise made to utility.
Symmetry is beauty. It indicated order and roder is attractive, inspiring, to living organisms.

While some shapes are beautiful and symmetrical, others are ugly and ill-proportioned. Flowing, sinuous lines tend to be more beautiful that straight ones with sharp corners, but then, this latter is a pretty good description of runes, which are certainly powerful.

Here we must keep in mind how shapes relate to our needs desires.
For example, a curve triggers eroticism. A sharp point a threat.

And much more besides.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 26732
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 55
Location : Hyperborea

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:58 am

"Magical work" is propaganda, religion....it is manipulating and exploiting a collective by first training them to react to certain symbols in specific ways.
The average mind takes everything literally.

I can imagine a primitive seeing the shape of an elk being drawn on a cave wall thinking that this was magic, the spirit of the elk.....or a primitive seeing a photo of a deer.
There was a tribe discovered in the amazon that was afraid of photo because they thought it captures the spirit.
An example of how a idol can be sued to create a spiritual event.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 12:41 pm

Satyr wrote:
"Magical work" is propaganda, religion....it is manipulating and exploiting a collective by first training them to react to certain symbols in specific ways.
The average mind takes everything literally.

I can imagine a primitive seeing the shape of an elk being drawn on a cave wall thinking that this was magic, the spirit of the elk.....or a primitive seeing a photo of a deer.
There was a tribe discovered in the amazon that was afraid of photo because they thought it captures the spirit.
An example of how a idol can be sued to create a spiritual event.

I was using the term as a synonym for ritual, or doing magic, which I conceive primarily as raising energy, then directing it for specific purposes.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 26732
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 55
Location : Hyperborea

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 1:12 pm

Then the component of a collective comes into play.
The collective energies of a group with the same intent.
This is the source of self-fulfilling prophesies - collectivization of wills.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Satyr wrote:
Then the component of a collective comes into play.
The collective energies of a group with the same intent.
This is the source of self-fulfilling prophesies - collectivization of wills.

Yes, exactly right. When a group, all dedicated to the same task, perform a ritual, it is always much more effective.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

Gender : Male Posts : 2721
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:00 pm

Satyr wrote:
I think this is where the effect of symbols - idols - on the conscious mind comes from the symbolism itself, and not because of some innate factor in the object used to represent an idea/ideal in the minds of those being affected by the symbol.

All is Energy - I capitalize to indicate energies not only ordered but chaotic - to differentiate it with our experience with ordered energy.
All that exists is Energy, i.e., interactive, dynamic.

So, let's say we use a stone to represent the idea in out head. This stone becomes a trigger of all that this abstraction in our head connects us with, e.g., memories, emotions, intuitions, other ideas, ideals, people, imagery etc.
If this is used as a prop in a ritual then the collective multiplies the effect, all sharing the same triggers.
Words can have such an effect.    
The alphabet, words, letters, have all evolved from Totemic shamanism.

Each letter is a totem, a symbol of power.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

Gender : Male Posts : 2721
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:01 pm

The Crucifix, for example, is the letter 'T' 't'.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

Gender : Male Posts : 2721
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:07 pm

Maia wrote:
While some shapes are beautiful and symmetrical, others are ugly and ill-proportioned. Flowing, sinuous lines tend to be more beautiful that straight ones with sharp corners, but then, this latter is a pretty good description of runes, which are certainly powerful.
Disproportioned symbols and runes are chaotic and discordant, meant to disrupt harmony. These are used to interrupt, confuse, and silence. However they can also impress memories and attract attention.

The mind is drawn to rarity in nature, this includes rare sounds, symbols, thoughts, ideas, images, etc.
Back to top Go down
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:10 pm

Æon wrote:
Maia wrote:
While some shapes are beautiful and symmetrical, others are ugly and ill-proportioned. Flowing, sinuous lines tend to be more beautiful that straight ones with sharp corners, but then, this latter is a pretty good description of runes, which are certainly powerful.
Disproportioned symbols and runes are chaotic and discordant, meant to disrupt harmony.  These are used to interrupt, confuse, and silence.  However they can also impress memories and attract attention.

The mind is drawn to rarity in nature, this includes rare sounds, symbols, thoughts, ideas, images, etc.

Runes have their own unique beauty, I think, though it is not the beauty of natural, flowing form, but rather, of our deliberate channelling of it.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

Gender : Male Posts : 2721
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:24 pm

Maia wrote:
Runes have their own unique beauty, I think, though it is not the beauty of natural, flowing form, but rather, of our deliberate channelling of it.
All runes, totems, symbols are abstractions of nature and memories, a lesser form, Derivative.

The "magic" is lost in translation. A word can recall memories, but you do not feel the touch, taste the flavor, etc. It cannot substitute for the experience itself.

The artistry is about reducing the loss, as much as possible. Complex spells can accomplish that, just like a powerful work of fiction can take people to a fantasy realm, where they become lost in the illusion. Some fantasies can feel 'realer' than real, as determined by the one who creates or channels it.
Back to top Go down
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:34 pm

Æon wrote:
Maia wrote:
Runes have their own unique beauty, I think, though it is not the beauty of natural, flowing form, but rather, of our deliberate channelling of it.
All runes, totems, symbols are abstractions of nature and memories, a lesser form, Derivative.

The "magic" is lost in translation.  A word can recall memories, but you do not feel the touch, taste the flavor, etc.  It cannot substitute for the experience itself.

The artistry is about reducing the loss, as much as possible.  Complex spells can accomplish that, just like a powerful work of fiction can take people to a fantasy realm, where they become lost in the illusion.  Some fantasies can feel 'realer' than real, as determined by the one who creates or channels it.

A rune is like an alignment, I would say, across the landscape. These alignments, or leys, are marked with sacred sites, standing stones, and various other features, and often aligned to some celestial event. Like runes, these alignments are always straight, and therefore deliberate. And as with the alignments, natural energy swirls around them, and is channelled by them. A spell, therefore, is marked on the ground as a rune, or bindrune, to channel the energy, or carved into wood, or perhaps, on a much smaller scale, into jewellery to be worn.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

Gender : Male Posts : 2721
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Outside

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:47 pm

Most of humanity want to tap into magical power, into the spiritual realm, or into the unknown of mysticism. Most people have a common form of magic. People tattoo themselves with symbols, words, images, for example. People desire meaning, in life generally, without knowing the significance of what they do or the words they channel. Research into the sources of these, reveals what is beneath the 'magic' so-to-speak. Life, words, language, all of it has history.

The beginning of "magic" began with the development of early language, written and spoken, literate and verbal. A "Word" is very powerful. Combinations and sequences of words, is even more powerful. Humanity has the ability to communicate and transfer information, now more than any time in history.

Electricity used to be "magical", now it is commonplace. Computation was never conceived at the levels people hold in their hands, with phones, now. Yet the 'magic' advances in sophistication.


Reconnecting with nature is the key to understanding, where, why, when, how these modern contrivances originate.

What types of magic are significant to you?
Back to top Go down
Maia



Gender : Female Pisces Posts : 207
Join date : 2021-08-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:56 pm

Æon wrote:
Most of humanity want to tap into magical power, into the spiritual realm, or into the unknown of mysticism.  Most people have a common form of magic.  People tattoo themselves with symbols, words, images, for example.  People desire meaning, in life generally, without knowing the significance of what they do or the words they channel.  Research into the sources of these, reveals what is beneath the 'magic' so-to-speak.  Life, words, language, all of it has history.

The beginning of "magic" began with the development of early language, written and spoken, literate and verbal.  A "Word" is very powerful.  Combinations and sequences of words, is even more powerful.  Humanity has the ability to communicate and transfer information, now more than any time in history.

Electricity used to be "magical", now it is commonplace.  Computation was never conceived at the levels people hold in their hands, with phones, now.  Yet the 'magic' advances in sophistication.


Reconnecting with nature is the key to understanding, where, why, when, how these modern contrivances originate.

What types of magic are significant to you?

The types of magic most significant to me are those that I can draw from the earth into myself, as energy, and then redirect, eitheir through bodily postures, such as those used in runic yoga, or some other means. So for this reason, for example, I always do rituals outdoors, in nature. Even better, at some ancient site of power, such as a beacon, or stone circle, but pretty much anywhere that you can make actual, physical contact with the earth will work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Is magic related to electro-magnetism?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA :: LYCEUM-
Jump to: