Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

What do you live for?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

What do you live for? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:38 am

For fucks sake.
I am a hot brazilian woman who swallows semen. Lots of it.
Now go play with your dick and give me some peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:50 am

phoneutria wrote:
For fucks sake.
I am a hot brazilian woman who swallows semen. Lots of it.
Now go play with your dick and give me some peace.

Laughing

Finally! I got you to say it. I actually didn't think you were going to there for awhile.

I'm surprised yet somewhat aroused that you did. Thank-you for that.

Can I still get some pictures?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:25 am

Lilith wrote:
phoneutria wrote:
We are animals. We live for... living.
Everything else is artifact.
There's no such thing as something alive in an absolute sense.

It's a classification. One must determine what constitutes being alive and being dead.

Things are dead or alive independent of whether you classify it or not. Classification is just an act of the human brain to bring order to a system. It's not real.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:16 pm

I disagree...somewhat monkeyman...
classification is of the real. Reality does exhibit consistencies and congruities, for whatever period of time.
That we've managed to survive using these simplistic categories, means that they reflect something real.

Yes, we construct reality in our mind but it is a useful construct and we continuously update it.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Satyr wrote:
I disagree...somewhat monkeyman...
classification is of the real. Reality does exhibit consistencies and congruities, for whatever period of time.
That we've managed to survive using these simplistic categories, means that they reflect something real.

Yes, we construct reality in our mind but it is a useful construct and we continuously update it.

Reality, relative?

I believe mental realities are.

Mental realities are always subjective while that of the physical form isn't.

There is only objectivity in physical forms of reality where all mental states lack it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 4:14 am

small example.

species.

easily classified with some training.

Yet species do not exist as the concept we are trained to see: a fixed group classified by distinct characteristics.

Species are just a transient expression of a population during the process of evolution. The species concept that we use in classification is an absolutely meaningless concept unless you are a scientist, hunter, etc. It has nothing to do with reality as such. It's just used to give order to the world for ourselves.

The classification might be useful, but it is not a true one.

There is no reality in the physical form of species.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 4:22 am

spuriousmonkey wrote:
small example.

species.

Yet species do not exist as the concept we are trained to see: a fixed group classified by distinct characteristics.

Species are just a transient expression of a population during the process of evolution. The species concept that we use in classification is an absolutely meaningless concept unless you are a scientist, hunter, etc. It has nothing to do with reality as such. It's just used to give order to the world for ourselves.

Interesting point. I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 4:28 am

Breeding between species will often generate sterile offspring, though. Thus, our classification is not entirely meaningless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 4:30 am

phoneutria wrote:
Breeding between species will often generate sterile offspring, though. Thus, our classification is not entirely meaningless.

However cross breeds of different species exist also.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:30 pm

spuriousmonkey wrote:
small example.

species.

Ah, I see....making the usefulness of the category also transient.

Take human species, as an example.
There is a fragmentation occurring along intellectual lines.

The gene being slowly supplanted by the meme.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you live for? What do you live for? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you live for?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2