Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Narcissism & Schizophrenia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 7:23 am

How is narcissism and schizophrenia tied into nihilism?

Nihilism is a reaction to emerging self-awarness, exposing the mind - psyche - to an additional source of suffering, i.e., anxiety, in relation to others. This necessitates a defensiveness, an ideological way of protecting the ego form this exposure, particularly when tis own awareness is also that of another. The individual feels insecure about how he compares to another but also because the others also perceives this.
A defensive attitude emerges developing into spiritual and secular, i.e., political ideologies that negate - nullify - other, or self, or both, so as to escape these unsettling comparisons and exposure.

This creates a noetic schisms between mind/body - using semiotics, i.e., language, to separate and inverse the mind/body relationship of or the sequence of actions/thoughts into throughs, i.e., idea/ideal, actions, i.e., real.
Keeping in mind that actions refer to existence as a state of dynamic interactivity, and thoughts to representations of this dynamic interactivity.

Narcissism emerges as a defensive inflation of ego - the lucid part of consciousness, viz., the "self" in self-awarness; that which is becoming conscious of its own consciousness - concealing self-doubt, or self-hatred in hyperbolic displays of self-esteem, self-love. The more extreme these self-agrandizing, self-promoting, displays the deeper the underlying insecurity concerning how the individual actually compares with others, i.e., how it relates to a perceived other.
Other is deflated or even negated, in the process, and only those that validate or contribute to this inflated sense of self are permitted participation in its internal dialogue.
Just as nihilism compensates for the absence of external references that validate its concepts, by using others who are in agreement, or that carry the same conceptions, so too does the narcissist only engage with those that validate its own inflated ego, lacking all others sources of self-validation.
in nihilistic dogmas/ideologies the collective becomes a self-refeential alternate reality, echoing the same ideals, by excluding a world where they are not validated and do not exist, because nihilistic ideas/ideals can only exist in minds, therefore the like-minded substitute for these absent validating references, e.g., text, gurus become icons/idols of this collective solipsism, each participant becoming for another the external reference the real world is denying, i.e., negating. Reality, the experienced world, becomes a source of negativity, and ideology/dogma becomes a source of positive reinforcement, particularly when it is shared by as many minds as possible.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 11:26 am

Schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder – i.e., dissociative personality disorder – when describing a nation-state, or a super-state is named multiculturalism.
Symptoms – dissociative identity disorder is characterized by the following:
Presence of two or more completely different personalities, memory variations, depression, drug abuse, eating disorders, hallucinations, anxiety, sleep disorders, panic attacks, suicidal tendencies, mood swings.
Diagnosing the American enterprise as a SuperOrganic unity – i.e., Super-State – we can contextualize all the symptoms to what is presently occurring in the U.S. [Circa2020-2021]. With no clear sense of identity the super-state dissociates from its own substantial presence by identifying with fleeting sensations, pleasures, distractions, materialistic pursuits, self-abnegating self-destructiveness, self-narcosis, overconsumption, a steady level of anxiety promoting overconsumption, drastic variations in behaviour, economic and spiritual depression, inability to slumber, to rest, i.e., restlessness, surrender to word-based fantasies, etc.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narcissism & Schizophrenia Narcissism & Schizophrenia - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Narcissism & Schizophrenia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA :: LYCEUM-
Jump to: