Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 pm

I like the animation of Hajime no Ippo.

A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal.

The meek shall inherit the Earth, but the Noble shall take it.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 6:11 pm

^That one also caught my attention but I haven't watched it.

Still stuck with this one -

It's apparently a classic. I like that it portrays the "German" imperialists not as the morally bad guys, compared to its "free" democratic enemy. Even the merchant group ( (((Adrian Rubinsky))), lol) trying to play both sides against each other is a part of it.
It's anime, the based space WW2 soap opera.
It's quality but it's not flashy so it can be too slow for some, I think.
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 3:30 am

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is quite good. It creates a contrast between an aristocratic empire and a committee-led democracy. The quality of government is dependent, in the case of the empire on the character of the absolute leader and in the case of the democracy how paralyzed it can be by bureaucracy or how easily the mob can be mislead by a good actor (Trunicht).

Spoiler:

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Unsubtle Propaganda - Reviewing Shape of Water

Review wrote:
Just compare the relative subtlety of 2006's Pan's Labyrinth to 2017's The Shape of Water, both directed by the corpulent Guillermo Del Toro. They share much thematically and stylistically as their respective female protagonists confront a hostile world with whimsy and charm. Both also have straight white male patriarch baddies who represent their respective political orders: falangist Spain and pre-60s America. But despite Del Toro attempting to retroactively bestow it with extreme wokeness, the political edge of Pan's Labyrinth is rather tame and muted (despite the sadistic fascist baddie), while it becomes clownishly overt in The Shape of Water.

Quote :
It's hard to overstate how absurd the SJW messaging of the film is. It's essentially Tumblr: The Movie. The lead protagonist Elisa is a mute girl, not pretty, whose best male friend is an aging homosexual and whose closest lady friend at her janitorial job at some government facility is a sassy black woman. Lest you think you've ticked every diversity box (racial minorities, handicapped, gay), she later befriends a quasi-human-like beast and a Soviet spy with a heart of gold (!), filling out the roster of 'others' on the fringes.

Quote :
We also learn early on that our heroine is a regular masturbator and her elderly homosexual friend, in his wisdom, tells us his main regret in life was not, ahem, %^&$ing more when he was younger. You might say, "that's odd, male homosexuals typically do a ton of that—much more than straights." Indeed, but you see this is 1962 when homosexuality was cruelly forced to stay in the closet by the cis white hetero patriarchy. Pity the man's wasted youth without massive amounts of degraded, unnatural fornication, dear viewer. At one point he, misreading a situation, makes a pass at an unsuspecting heterosexual male waiter who is offended and asks him to leave the restaurant. Del Toro, not wanting you to miss how evil the homophobic bastard was, has two black customers enter the restaurant at that exact moment whom he promptly kicks out too.

Quote :
The centrality of sex to the narrative doesn't end there, either. The emotional centerpiece of the film is Elisa falling in love with the river creature and copulating with it. We can add bestiality to the list of peccadilloes for our merry band of outcasts. The beast itself—it is mentioned he is worshiped like a god in the South American jungle he was found in, and he ends up having superpowers—seems to represent a kind of culmination and summation of marginal otherness. Monsters typically represent the unknown chaos on the outskirts ("here be dragons"), and in classic mythology are tamed or defeated by heroes. Fittingly, it is the villains of this film that capture and tame the monster and the heroes that rescue him—nay, rescue and make love to him.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Propaganda through and through.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 5:23 pm

Apparently this movie heavily influenced Alien.
When they copied foreign movies it wasn't as obvious as when they copy their own prior movies.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 7:22 pm

The left enjoys the glorification of soviet Russia, not simply because of communism and their positive Cold War relationship they have with it, but because it stands in opposition to Nazism. They have no clue or comprehension about whatever it is that is opposed to Nazism, but only that it be opposed; only that the PC effect is reinforced, nothing more. The mindless slapstick entertainment, which is designed to suppress substance, makes the acceptance of any and all forms of anti-Nazism more palatable to the low IQ masses. Add those melodramatic sentimental undertones of fake heroism that self-righteous idiots love to use to feel good about themselves, and they accept it with more ease. All forms of degradation and cultural ravages which occur are accepted as the costs.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 3:51 pm

I don't know what the numbers are, judging from myself they would have to be in the cellar but I suspect they will be stable worldwide because there might be some decline in the West but China has become a growing market for Hollywood movies.
And let's not forget TV series, they have been growing a lot in the last 15 years or so. HBO, Netflix productions and so on.

As long as that's the facial expression when watching the latest culturally HIV positive (pozzed) movies and series then I don't see much decline that soon.

On the other hand they are releasing lots of old movies and there is a growing subculture of nostalgia media and guides/reviews/critiques. Maybe things are changing, it's probably a cultural rift splitting the population into at least two broad camps.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:22 pm

I first time started to watch how Berserk continued, it's been really great so far (15 episodes), only annoying thing is the minor comedic relief fairy characters. I could safely say it's the best anime I've seen  (there aren't that many I would recommend to anyone). Even Guts swinging that giant sword doesn't bother me. It's not telling you who are the bad guys or if anything matters

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 2:05 am

That's a cute chick on the thumbnail, why is she wearing plate armor tho?

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 6:46 am

Griffith is a zealous faggot and will bring doom to everybody it can.

Jarno wrote:
I first time started to watch how Berserk continued, it's been really great so far (15 episodes), only annoying thing is the minor comedic relief fairy characters. I could safely say it's the best anime I've seen (there aren't that many I would recommend to anyone).

I haven't seen it but I have seen this ciritique -

The guy is way too soy but do you think he is right about his criticism of the animation quality and the "camera work"?
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 7:48 am

They made griffith way too effeminate in his appearance. I don't think he is a faggot, more like a traumatized asexual bi-polar since he is also mutilating himself and trying to wash away sexual abuse done to him

I think I'm still in the first season, the best way to find out is by just watching it, it took me long time to get to it because I thought the 3D animation looked clunky and I was afraid they were going to ruin it. But to my surprise often the animation looked really good and I think it's well directed, I got immersed so that I didn't even feel like nitpicking. There are few characters that you could only know by reading the manga.
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 8:05 am

The manga is better, by a mile.
I haven't watched the original anime, but the Golden Age trilogy is quite good. The 2017 anime is dogshit though, in terms of animation, voice acting and sound effects.

Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 8:34 am

This guy explains what made berserk 97 good
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 7:29 am

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 4:02 pm

When I watched American Beauty around the early 2000s I found it to be weird and disgusting on a basic level.
I couldn't point to anything specific too much, just an overall vileness.

Maybe that's also part of the reason why many movies these days are so shallow, if the creators put more of themselves into it most people would find them revolting.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 4:26 pm

"Where da wite wamen at??"

Morgan Freeman is today the most respectable wise magic black man in the world.
Playing the roles of VVice Presidents.
Wise library guy inmate.
Resistance leader.
God.

A wise black man you can trust.

Actually difficult to say today what constitutes "sexual harassment" but since they are accusing Morgan Freeman I suspect it must have been quite something.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 2:11 pm

cRAP as part of Modern fART.
They call it 'sampling' when it is recycling, repeating, repackaging....re-marketing.

They are remaking Top Gun, Papillon...

....the last few years it's been the recycling of comic books, which are recycled and updated ancient mythologies.
They are remaking Oceans 11, 12 etc.....as they did Ghostbusters, making them more modern, more politically correct, more dull.
Mad Max was made less mad, more hysterical...

Everything that worked in the past will be remade, updated to carry that nihilistic underlying message.
They are doing the same in philosophy.
Reworking the old masters to make them more harmonious with contemporary 'morals'....modern delusions.
Some are more malleable, having used more prose than direct language. Those can more easily be reinterpreted, cleansed of their past 'prejudices', and 'hatred'.

Saul remade Jesus into an institution....Nietzsche is being redefined....making him more Abrahamic, despite his anti-Christian poetics.
Give them some fissure and the Modern will exploit it; drive a wedge into it, and crack it wide-open....flipping it on its head to build a temple to its imaginary glory.
The slightest ambiguity will be enough.  
If Hitler had been more ambiguous he would now be a poster-child for equal rights and pro-semitism...

Language is so useful.
Art, such a flexible tool for spreading the latest propaganda.
With no world to deter the reinterpretation there is nothing stopping the trend.

Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 3:12 pm

apaosha was right this berserk is amazing in comic book form (not gonna use the M word) and those fairies and comedic reliefs don't seem so obnoxious since I don't have to listen to them and griffiths look is more restrained, but I really like the Oh Ashes song from the show, fits the fight scenes and the hopeless atmosphere

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 1:33 pm

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 8:54 am

I can't really stand to watch those fake racial traits/hair color like in GoT, also cotton color hair is less pure than golden, and I just looked up that actor is Johnny depp....

I don't know how anyone take these seriously, makes me sick

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 7:53 am

The propaganda pushing post-modern nihilistic idealism, sickened me.
I'm glad others had a similar reaction to the blatant anti-male, anti-European, pro feminism, homosexuality,  subtext.  
I shudder to think what other degeneracy they will promote using this pop-mythology venue.

With (((Alex Kurtzman))) at the helm one can almost predict the future of Star Trek.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 8:15 am

The motive is exposed by the fact that these (((business moguls))), running Hollywood, are willing to take a loss to promote the post-modern, crypto-Marxist agenda.

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 6:04 am

The comments under that original tweet are depressing.
Self-sabotaging normies having been educated by the (((Chinese))).
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 6:50 am

Brainwashing means the specimen cannot see the obvious, what is in front of its own eyes, but can only 'see; with an 'internal eye', using criteria other than sensual = ideological.
It loses trust in its own senses, and the common sense of a typical animal that never questions its own senses and judges accordingly, facing the consequences.
Man has lost touch with reality. He has disconnected from the foundations that even a simpler species lives by.

Man is a sick primate....infected by a memetic virus. A parasite is the culprit, the triggering carrier, but the virus, like cancer, was always in him.
It's adolescence.
Man is entering the most dangerous period of development - its species adolescents.
Will he survive, go insane, become addicted to drugs, be corrupted by bad influences, become suicidal.....what will happen?

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 4:57 pm

I haven't watched any of the current Star Wars movies but the choreography does look very bad.
Even having to edit weapons out of the hands of enemies.
Sam Hyde was right, the departments are now all "manned" by retarded faggots who think it looks cool to land on one knee after a jump.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 12:01 pm

True. I saw the trailer of that Russia movie, I could have made a better piece of propaganda than that. The freaking actors don't even have a Russian accent, everything is just so lame, its like they aren't even trying to make a good movie anymore, the groupthink is so big they are expecting everyone to laugh just because they think we feel some kind of comradery with the actors in the movie.

Money talks, talent walks, walks the street homeless, because you need money to make money. And the powers that be just pump out the same corporate crap every day fueled by marketing. Entertainment media is no longer an artform, but just a way to acquire money and dominate women.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 6:51 am

There are no words that can describe how much I hate this song from the new DBZ Abridged episode...

PostSubject: Re: Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Modern Popular Culture Reviews and Latest Film News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next