Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Race and Tolerance.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 am

Laconian wrote:
A general question since I am not a native english speaker. Should we even use the term "gender"? Doesn't that imply the nurture theory. The blank slate myth. That the SEXES are a social construct? Or is it a term to be reclaimed from those Feminazis!? Should we use it? Or drop it and just say "the sexes" or "male and female"?

Gender is male/female. Either/or.

Perhaps in German there's an ambiguity, bot not so in English.

Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:38 am

Laconian wrote:
I am effeminate, but not gay. (Old boyish look.) My appereance is not very masculine, but I am straight.
How about a photo so we can judge for ourselves.... or laugh?

Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:04 am

Laconian wrote:
Quote :

I remember the Asian 'tiger' economies in the 90's which everyone was raving about... until they collapsed. China is only a factory for cheap goods, enabling Western importers to make more profit. Turn off the tap and watch it sink.

The "tap" in this regard being our western "consumerism"!? But that is a MEME, too!
There you have it! You cannot do without the term meme, otherwise you couldn't even think.
Much less could you change a degenerating society to adapt other memes, than the ones that got us in this mess, we are in.
Memes do not exist independently of genes. It is our physical nature that gives rise to culture. I see no need for a separate theory based on a mutation of Darwin's thinking to explain it.

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 1:53 pm

I've posted my views on homosexuality in another thread. That's all I have to say on the subject really. It's about balance. The Appollonian has to dominate the Dionysian within a person. The Dionysian just cannot and should not be suppressed entirely, otherwise you see those SYMPTOMS, you see in the homosexuals you described (effeminate behaviour) and I described in the other topic.

I'm not effeminate. I take that back. I am not metrosexual either. I'm just partly asian that's all and have some of those features in my appearance. And according to Rushton, Asians are the weakest race. I may be overly critical with me. Just survival instinct, to not grow lazy and decadent like those fucking fags around me everywhere over here. (Here, the european men are either feminized or drunks. Rarely of a different sort. This is not an "army" to win a "war".)

For the difference between Appollonian (male) and Dionysian (female) read Nietzsche on the birth of the tragedy.

------------------------------------------

Quote :

Memes do not exist independently of genes. It is our physical nature that gives rise to culture. I see no need for a separate theory based on a mutation of Darwin's thinking to explain it.

That's true. But still you do think. You have thoughts. You have ideas. You have ideals. You have wishes, visions, plans, goals, preferences, opinions and so on. And these may be different from even the ones who are the closest genetically related to you have. So you have to express yourself to cause active change (order) in an environment that is subjected to entropy. That's why the term "meme" was coined. Not to reject or dismiss genes. I would not consider it a "mutation of Darwin's thinking". Its an extension (the idea doesn't change anything from the original concept), suited for more complex societies like our modernized ones, to create order within an encreasing entropy. Like Eugenics. But a Eugenics for ideas. Consider it an EXTENSION of genes rather than a mutation. Of course memes leave room for pretentiousness, unlike genes. Like on here one could pretend to be any race and some people do. But it shows of course.

Nothing mutates in the idea of memes as an extension of genes, nothing changes. But if you break a person down to his own gene set, no two persons are alike. So your race are the people you share the most and very significant genes with, but not all. And for your race to strive, you have to share these memes at least amongst each other. Therefor you have to communicate.

Like Satyr said: we live in a world of diminishing borders. Todays war is a war like no other. Because it is fought along mimetic lines, not physical borders. The Arabs are already here. And they are multiplying, whereas Europeans aren't. We're heading for a new Middle Ages in Europe. Unless we form some kind of an elite. Some kind of aristocracy within the mud. Like a lotus flower, that stays untainted and pure even in the mud.

Your memes are an expression of your genes. Nothing more, nothing less. But people cannot read your genes, especially on here, so you have to show them by expressing your memes. If you wish to, of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Quote :

I never found Kafka to be that big of a deal, really. He presents a cautionary tale of the individuals relationship to the state. That's it.

The dosage makes the poison. Eat a table spoons of suger and nothing will happen. Eat a tablespoon of salt however...(DON'T do it!. You may die.). If you take a pound of sugar however, this is not healty either. Kafka may be more like salt.

Quote :

A woman loves a man who doesn't give a fuck about her. This is from experience.

She loves a man, who represents a higher order than her and is capable to make her adhere to his order as well.

Back to top Go down
Recidivist

Recidivist

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:42 am

Quote :
Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate and respond to selective pressures.[3] Proponents theorize that memes may evolve by natural selection in a manner analogous to that of biological evolution. Memes do this through the processes of variation, mutation, competition and inheritance, each of which influence a meme's reproductive success.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One should be cautious when ideas like this are espoused by liberal academics like Dawkins and so enthusiastically embraced by modern thinkers. This is a typical product of the simulacrum and one I think which is dangerous for us on KTS to endorse. It has become a populist nonsense and is nothing more than pseudo-scientific dogma.

It can easily be used as evidence of how the environment trumps nature, as any negro living in a hut in Africa can be infected by Western memes and become indistinguishable from any white person in the West.

Quote :
Resemblance to genetics

Memetics has only a passing resemblance to genetics. In genetics, there is a clear separation between genes, genotypes, and phenotypes. That a gene is a proxy code for the phenotype, and the phenotype is what experiences selection pressure, not the gene. This is what allows natural selection to take place based on random mutation and inheritance of the code. A "meme", however, is a jumble of the three concepts - it acts as a gene but is also its own phenotype. Without this distinction, the evolution of memes is more Lamarckian than Darwinian. This should come as little surprise to those who consider that memes are the result of Dawkins proposing an rough allegory of genetics, rather than a serious science. To underscore the features of genetics that involve passing on information, a fairly legitimate comparison to how humans share and adapt ideas can be made. However, the similarities end there.

Quote :
A "scientific" study of memetics was attempted with the establishment of the Journal of Memetics, which lasted from 1997-2005.[2] While memetics has gained a few boosters in fields that study culture such as social psychology, sociology, and anthropology, it has largely been ignored as a methodological approach or met with harsh criticism. In the final issue of the Journal of Memetics, Bruce Edmonds argued that memetics had "failed to produce substantive results," writing "I claim that the underlying reason memetics has failed is that it has not provided any extra explanatory or predictive power beyond that available without the gene-meme analogy."[3]

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:16 am

Quote :

It can easily be used as evidence of how the environment trumps nature, as any negro living in a hut in Africa can be infected by Western memes and become indistinguishable from any white person in the West.

I agree with your criticism and thank you for sharing your thoughts. I, too, am critical towards these new modernized concepts. There are also these Dawkins T-Shirts saying: "We're all Africans" or "We all come from Africa". I add to that: "But some of us evolved." (I hope this is a meme that spreads...)

I have heard a lecture by a german professor on this and she compared memes to "viruses of the mind". They go viral. They spread. And that to me was an indication of a materialistic view on mindstuff (thoughts), like Pinker has too. And I agreed, because there is too much mystical nonsene in the area otherwise. And a necessity for a pragmatic approach, that is applicable for describing the mind functioning like a machine. Otherwise people do not develop by learning, but hope for some enlightenment through meditation or prayer or whatever. I didn't sit through the whole lecture, but most of it. In the second part, she just used more and more examples and I got the impression, that she just wanted to pass on HER ideas. With some of them I did agree, some were funny observations, but the whole lecture from this point onwards annoyed me.

Memes might be just a blown up term, used by a scientific upper class, that sounds impressive. But again thanks for sharing your IDEAS, your THOUGHTS on this. May they go viral.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Recidivist wrote:
apaosha wrote:
I don't have an emotional investment in it because I am not an Aborigine or a Negro. But I do know that East Asians and Ashkenazi Jews are on average a higher IQ than my own race's average. I don't care. It's reality. I'll beat them some other way.
Unlike the difference between blacks and other races the IQ differences between whites and Asians is quite small though, and may be partly explained away by the type of schooling that predominates in Asia where there is an emphasis on traditional subjects like math and science as well as the dumbing down of the West.

The pattern, tendency, if one were to look at IQ distribution among the different races along a bell curve, is that Aryans (Indo-Europeans) mark typicality at the extremes; meaning, they exhibit some of the highest IQs.

I am not sure, but Indo-Iranians might be marked under Asians, but in reality are Aryan, or closely related to Indo-Europeans.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 1:30 pm

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 7:25 pm

This guy reminds me of the mental midget in the dungeon known as the Chimp. Can't grasp the difference between objectivity and subjectivity; taking the the idea of "American" literally instead of understanding it as a concept and a nihilistic one at that.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 4:57 am

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 7:13 am

A discussion with minds already emotionally and pragmatically invested in social conventions is impossible.
Their inability to place their morally founded judgments within Evolution Theory forces then to make allusions and emotional appeals to reason, against the ones who remind them of the world's indifferent ‘injustices’.
They are unable to understand how race mixing is a form of genocide because they've compartmentalized their world view to exclude evolution and empiricism from their emotionally biased consciousness.
Unable to comprehend how species splinter off from a common ancestor, they cannot connect population isolation with speciation, or how any disruption of this process of genetic isolation and environmental conditioning, over time, results in the elimination of an accumulated and perceived presence. A presence recognized, aesthetically, as a particular form, colouration, symmetry, organ proportionality with specific potentials for further development.
Human evolution, and how types of humans (races) were and are part of this process of genetic isolation cultivating particular traits, is lost in the fanaticism of egalitarian homogeneity.
Honesty sacrificed to social necessity.
Race mixing acquires malevolence when considered in relation to the centuries of conditioning lost, adjusting physical and mental potentials accordingly.
I would change the context to aid Moderns in their dishonest quest for understanding if I thought it would make a difference, and if I was naive enough to think it could break through their mental defensiveness, and I would ask them if something, if anything, would be 'lost' if we mixed foxes and wolves until neither existed as a distinct species, or, making it more personal, I would ask them if it would be a human genocide if homo sapient and chimpanzee would mix until nothing of either was left to remind us of a destroyed past.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 7:47 am

Race & Colour
‘Race’ is a term describing an evolved type of human, just as breed is a manmade type of dog, or species is an evolved type of organism, also including sub-categories in varying degrees of sceciation, and it is not an isolated trait, such as coloration, pigmentation. A black bear is a not a different type of bear because of the average pigmentation of its fur, but the pigemtnation of tis fur is one trait, among many, differentiating it from other types of bears – each type with tis own upper and lower level fo potentials.
Colour is only one interpretation of the essence of a phenomenon, also including smell, texture, taste, sound, form, also including symmetry and proportionality.
Colour, in particular, is the mental interpretation (noumenon) of a two step (inter)action using the mediating phenomenon, medium, of light.
Light (inter)acts with the organism, and in turn (inter)acts with the sense organ where it is interpreted as colour.
This interpretation is not arbitrary nor is it accidental. It is an interpretation of vibration, patterns, exposing the essence of the thing observed – the apparent.
How the organism (inter)acts with environment, with other patterns in its vicinity is what is interpreted, using the medium of light or atmosphere, as form, colour, tone, smell, etc, or more immediately, with no medium required, as texture, taste, etc. Appearances
Pigmentation, coloration, is one, but important, method of distinguishing and differentiating.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 11:44 am

Humanism is motivated by the desired, imagined, goal, of social harmony, and homogeneity, produced by human interventions.
it adjusts its metaphors, its word-usage, and relationships, according to this goal.
It shifts its meaning of 'human', and selectively applies the meme to hide, or selectively incorporate the gene, converting the concept to a synthesis leaning towards the more pliable noetic.

It dismisses all the costs, of the attainment of this desirable goal, for the sake of its imagine benefits.

The word acts as an emotional link that can slowly be detached from its grounding, to claim uniqueness, or an escape as deserving of its creativity.
changing the usage of words gives the illusion that something profound and new is being presented, or that one is overcoming a phenomenal world that cares not.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 11:44 am

Humanism is motivated by the desired, imagined, goal, of social harmony, and homogeneity, produced by human interventions.
it adjusts its metaphors, its word-usage, and relationships, according to this goal.
It shifts its meaning of 'human', and selectively applies the meme to hide, or selectively incorporate the gene, converting the concept to a synthesis leaning towards the more pliable noetic.  

It dismisses all the costs, of the attainment of this desirable goal, for the sake of its imagine benefits.

The word acts as an emotional link that can slowly be detached from its grounding, to claim uniqueness, or an escape as deserving of its creativity.
changing the usage of words gives the illusion that something profound and new is being presented, or that one is overcoming a phenomenal world that cares not.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race and Tolerance. Race and Tolerance. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Race and Tolerance.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: