Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

What is Philosophy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

What is Philosophy? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Ouch, Lies sa, OUCH!!!!!!! You struck me where I am weakest. You CUT me!!!!

Let your rage flow, your hate, your anger. Unleash your spirit. At least you SPEAK now. How nice, for a change, not to see yet another copy paste..... however I know that this will not last long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 4:08 pm

Philosophy is the competition of ideas, thoughts, opinions, and perspectives all battling against each other for mental supremacy.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 4:34 pm

THANK YOU, joker, a real contribution to this thread, finally...........

I like that "competition of ideas"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Æon wrote:
THANK YOU, joker, a real contribution to this thread, finally...........

That's exactly what it is.

This is why philosophy's early roots were either in a crowded symposium or agora.

Places full of men competing their ideas against each other.

The goal is always mental or ideological supremacy.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:02 am

Simple.   Philosophy is a love of wisdom.  It is a craving to know, a passion, a state of mind, rather than a particular kind of knowledge, a passionate search for wisdom, not the possession of it.  Are not women capable of this. I fail to see how this could be exclusively a male attribute, unless women lack both cognitive and emotional dimensions of the mind.

Which they do not.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 3:46 am

You obviously are too lazy to read the thread, all emotion no reason.

Laziness inhibits passion.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 5:08 am

AEon wrote:

Quote :
You obviously are too lazy to read the thread, all emotion no reason.

Laziness inhibits passion.

Laziness is 'putting off' action, generally typified by a "I don't care" attitude. Lacking motivation is essentially connected to a lack of passion, which is something that inspires us, however, when we are always told what to do, we begin to lose passion for whatever we are doing, which leads to a general lack of motivation because the spark has been put out by all the negativity around us. LOL.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 6:18 am

However,

AEon wrote

Philosophizing is not like a competition, which makes sense only if we are winning. It is a worthwhile activity even if you are not wining (or solving the problems for that matter). It is desirable for itself not because of some prize that should result from it but because of the potential to autonomously shape and guide our lives.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Typical female,

"Philosophy is not about winning."

Yes, it is. That's another reason why males are philosophers, never females. Females lack the competitive edge, and the risk taking which are both required by philosophy.

Now read the thread before you respond again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 4:17 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
However,

AEon wrote

Philosophizing is not like a competition, which makes sense only if we are winning. It is a worthwhile activity even if you are not wining (or solving the problems for that matter). It is desirable for itself not because of some prize that should result from it but because of the potential to autonomously shape and guide our lives.

Competition of ideas don't exist in philosophy?

That's cute coming from a woman.

*Pets you on the head*
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Expanding on Joker's contribution, competition of ideas, what then is religion by comparison?

Religion is about destroy competition. Religion is about monopoly of ideas, regulation of ideas. Religion is about censorship and constricting ideas. Religion is about stamping out competition. All must agree with the religion.

Now we can all see why religion, not philosophy, is more aligned with the female psychology. Did you all just catch that???

All emotion, no reason, promotes "cooperation not competition". Do you see, now, why females are attracted to the order and security of religion, while never participating nor truly understanding philosophy?

Females, like all emotion no reason, want to end competition, instead of promoting it.

Females also fail to realize, due to a lack of self consciousness, that females are the main target of male competition, the prize if you will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Æon wrote:
Expanding on Joker's contribution, competition of ideas, what then is religion by comparison?

Religion is about destroy competition.  Religion is about monopoly of ideas, regulation of ideas.  Religion is about censorship and constricting ideas.  Religion is about stamping out competition.  All must agree with the religion.

Now we can all see why religion, not philosophy, is more aligned with the female psychology.  Did you all just catch that???

All emotion, no reason, promotes "cooperation not competition".  Do you see, now, why females are attracted to the order and security of religion, while never participating nor truly understanding philosophy?

Females, like all emotion no reason, want to end competition, instead of promoting it.

Females also fail to realize, due to a lack of self consciousness, that females are the main target of male competition, the prize if you will.

Interesting prognosis you have there.  Of course statistically speaking women are ten times more likely to be religious than men are.

Still, if we are going to be talking about religion you might as well throw in government also since it is a different kind of religion unto itself altogether.

Politics is very feminine we might say also which is an extension of government.

When you look at the modern political platform or voting base statistically right there also you see that a majority of participation is done by women.

Real men  in my mind understand that all of government and politics like religion is a bunch of garbage or bullshit.

Real men don't have time for such foolishness.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 3:49 am

The philosophic mind is open and non-judgmental and has the recognition that it could be wrong in any situation.  

One must remain always, aware of this.

Last edited by reasonvemotion on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 3:50 am

reasonvemotion wrote:

The philosophic mind is open and non-judgmental and has the recognition that it could be wrong in any situation.  This should always be kept in mind.

Pacifism and tolerance is such a bore.....
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 3:53 am

That was a quick response.

Real men don't have time for such foolishness. HA!

Last edited by reasonvemotion on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 3:54 am

reasonvemotion wrote:
That was a quick response.

I'm unpredictable baby. Wink 
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 4:03 am

Quote :
reasonvemotion wrote:

The philosophic mind is open and non-judgmental and has the recognition that it could be wrong in any situation.  This should always be kept in mind.

LaughingMan wrote:

Never pass up new experiences, they enrich the mind.  lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 4:08 am

reasonvemotion wrote:
Quote :
reasonvemotion wrote:

LaughingMan wrote:

Never pass up new experiences, they enrich the mind.  lol! 

Oh, I'm sure...... Wink Cool Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:53 am

reasonvemotion wrote:
The philosophic mind is non-judgmental

Completely wrong, but thanks for proving everything I feared about females, 100% correct and true.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:55 am

The philosophical mind is most judgmental and discriminating of the world.

Because to discriminate is to recognize patterns, and order, in the universe. For example, the sun rises and sets each day, why? How? The philosophical mind, inquisitive and curious, eventually developed a science to learn, understand, and predict these cycles. Science is the son of Philosophy.

Religion came much later.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:52 pm

I am more than willing to concede the male is the superior, but surely you can cut women some slack and acknowledge there are some who have a passion "to know" as well as have a passion "to nurture".
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:44 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
I am more than willing to concede the male is the superior, but surely you can cut women some slack and acknowledge there are some who have a passion "to know" as well as have a passion "to nurture".
One of my last sexual flings, I fucked this thin, gorgeous, petite girl who was cheating on her boyfriend. We were on the ground and I was on top of her. I pinned her arms to the carpet and she was struggling meekly. I leaned my face close to hers until our mouths were almost together. She turned her head a little bit. Since she did that, I got off the ground and let her up.

Then we sat together on my couch, watching a movie. She was staring at me. So I looked at her in her eyes, and she closed in on me. She kissed me.

Isn't this your "philosophy", all emotion, no reason? Let me speak in a language you understand.

Your submission, is it not your philosophy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:07 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:

Women make excellent foot stools when their primary utility isn't being used or occupied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:25 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:

Of course, women evolved a capacity to 'know' to some extent. Culture could not survive essential male pursuits such as wars, long term hunting, travelling etc if this was not the case, and civilization would never come to fruition if (noble) women were unable to preserve ideals, modes of thinking.

But if you concede that the male is the more dynamic, to a large degree, then you should not feel alienated by the generalisation, right?

Then again...

Last edited by Strongarm88 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:31 pm

As proved now, females are about connectivity, unification, "love". Females find their power by bringing people together. Hence, religion is more inclined to the female specie.

Philosophy? Discrimination. Disunity. Doubt. Rejection. Rebellion. Competition of ideas. Supremacy. Distance. Disagreement. Fighting.

Now are we beginning to understand why no female philosophers???

It seems to go against the very nature of females.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:32 pm

AEon,

You big girl's blouse. You respond in an overly emotional manner, you chest beat about your sexual conquests, (too much information) and not a lot of philosophical content to challenge. A hint. Put your dick away, little boy and explain why "winning" is more important as opposed to truth in philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:39 pm

I thought I was speaking your language, baby? What have I got to prove, to or against you? I didn't realize that you were my competition?

When it comes to pretty pussies, I just want to get my fuck on. Are you something "more than" sex? What is the female essence and nature, except, submission before male authority?

Can a female ever become an authority, how and why, explain the circumstances?

No.....no. I think I'll keep trying to whisper my perversions into your ear, until you blush and get hot with embarrassment and lust..........???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:15 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
AEon,

You big girl's blouse.   You respond in an overly emotional manner, you chest beat about your sexual conquests, (too much information) and not a lot of philosophical content to challenge.  A hint.   Put your dick away, little boy and explain why "winning" is more important as opposed to truth in philosophy.    

What is truth?
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 10:42 am

The philosopher makes observations about the world so that they can better adjust their expectations and, thus, themselves and their behavior to benefit from the discoveries.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 7:31 am

Wisdom is the fermentation of suffering into a sweet intoxicating wine.
Philosophy is its enjoyment

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Philosophy? What is Philosophy? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is Philosophy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next