Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Random Questions Box

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Random Questions Box - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:16 am

What, the hell, happened to this place? It used to be a thriving metropolis, now it is as arid as the kalahari...

I guess that " Erik " kid, really, did lay down his wrath. Lil' fucker wasn't kidding...
Back to top Go down
Stuart-

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:29 am

The best way to compel oneself towards near permanent mediocrity is to put up an unsurpassable barrier towards excellence. An emotional barrier works well. One sets up this barrier by actions of sheer inferiority, while placing his ego behind them. One confines his ego to those walls by defining himself by the actions they represent. He nearly ensures his mediocrity by ensuring that he can't surpass the barrier without destroying his ego.

If he decides against mediocrity, and if the walls are not yet sufficiently built, he needs to take a sledge hammer to them or risk much by attempting to scale them. If they are sufficiently built, then he must leave his ego behind.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 am

"I guess that " Erik " kid, really, did lay down his wrath."

Nope...he was just a blip...barely noticed.

This place has just gone fallow, the requisite for future fertility.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:45 am

A cycle runs its coarse...fall comes, a time to hibernate, perhaps to collect and recollect.
One waits for the spring to be reborn.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:57 am

Yep...folks forget about natural cycles...they tend toward (a promoted) 'always on'.

'Always on' never gives a body time to think or just friggin' rest.

Gotta take a break now and again or you die (quicker).
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:00 am

Shallowness is always on.
It comes from a surface place where energies can be released.

Depth must accumulate, digest, gestate, before something is born.

Shallow breathing is hyperventilating, a state of dizziness....deep breathing is slow but invigorating.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:54 am

Yep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:51 pm

Satyr wrote:

Shallow breathing is hyperventilating, a state of dizziness....deep breathing is slow but invigorating.  

This follows suit with the concept behind "The Philosopher's Stone," which alludes to breathing, and the amount of typical breathes taken by the individual. Nicotine can off put this equilibrium, physiologically through vasoconstriction and thereby shortened breaths, and as you said, so can shallow, uncontrolled breathing.
This respiration process extends to the macrocosm, for instance, with CO2 as a byproduct, influencing flora, and being used as precursor, gaseous reactant, for photosynthesis, with O2 as byproduct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Satyr wrote:

Too bad you can't get Lyssa to do deep breathing, if you know what I mean. Nothing but....shallow....breathing, among other things.

Edit: Satyr is too much of an effeminate lil' bitch-faggot to respond back; he knows what I am capable of.

How do you like your new leash, bitch-boy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Hey, Erik is back under a new moniker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:38 pm

Hrodebert wrote:

Yes, it is I. I thought I should come by and let Satyr know just how much of a pansy-ass Jew he, truly, is. You should have seen the ridiculous shit he wrote on Youtube about how I'm immoral for being a " cyber-bully" and so on. Ha! And not to mention the shit that was stated in the complaint about the videos. " Erik is engaging in predatory behavior ". Like I said, he is and remains a Jew.

If I get banned from here again, I will plaster Satyr's information all over the place on ILP via PM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Azazel wrote:
Hrodebert wrote:

Yes, it is I. I thought I should come by and let Satyr know just how much of a pansy-ass Jew he, truly, is. You should have seen the ridiculous shit he wrote on Youtube about how I'm immoral for being a " cyber-bully" and so on. Ha! And not to mention the shit that was stated in the complaint about the videos. " Erik is engaging in predatory behavior ". Like I said, he is and remains a Jew.

If I get banned from here again, I will plaster Satyr's information all over the place on ILP via PM.

On your Youtube profile?
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 am

"I thought I should come by and let Satyr know just how much of a pansy-ass Jew he, truly, is."

Why is this important to you?
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 11:28 am

"I thought I should come by and let Satyr know just how much of a pansy-ass Jew he, truly, is."

Why is this important to you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Henry Quirk wrote:
"I guess that " Erik " kid, really, did lay down his wrath."

Nope...he was just a blip...barely noticed.

This place has just gone fallow, the requisite for future fertility.

Happens when the admins make all the interesting content private.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Satyr wrote:
A cycle runs its coarse...fall comes, a time to hibernate, perhaps to collect and recollect.
One waits for the spring to be reborn.  

Before hibernation comes harvest.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:52 pm

I'm sure, if I read the forum more deeply, I'd find the answer to my question, but I'm time-pressed.

So: what the hell is 'stomach predation'?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 3:39 pm

I'd say read the OP in the "Surrender and sexual predation" thread, but Lyssa deleted the original OP and put other stuff there.
This forum is unreliable in terms of record keeping. You have a discussion, then you go back to it weeks later and find that the content has gone through some cleansing.

Anyway, the general concept can still be obtained on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:00 pm

There was a thread called "Hunting" as well, which seems to have gone poof.
Maybe this stuff is still available at the private forum, go look.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Henry Quirk wrote:
So: what the hell is 'stomach predation'?

As far as I understand it, it's something like when sexual relating to others is reduced to hedonism. When the ideal is maximizing ones pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:39 pm

"go look"

The private areas as chockablocked with dense threads as the public areas.

When a block of time opens for me, I'll dig.

##

"sexual relating to others...reduced to hedonism"

Sport fucking?

That’s the closest analog I can come up with.

An odd construct: stomach predation.

*shrug*
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Henry wrote:
Sport fucking?

That too but I think it's not only about the physical act but also all the 'courtship' surrounding it.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:11 pm

I can see how even sport fucking can be ritualized, but I'm not gettin' (past) 'stomach predation'.

Sounds like sumthin' out of a Cronenberg flick.

Got images in my head of maws opening wide in tummies, or, of cannibals scopin' out bellies.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:59 pm

I think I don't really run the 'Apollonian way'. What I mean, is that my internal perspective, the angle I observe myself from, the one I identify with, is naturally more from the Dionysian side.

From that point of view, that movie 'eXistenZ' was kind of disturbing. It's somehow irrationally not 'whole'. Kind of similar to what I think about the underlying psychology of what I imagine 'stomach predation' to be.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:31 am

Haven't seen it, but from what I've read it's typical Cronenberg phantasmagoria (distortion of, and betrayal by, the flesh; the real intermixing with the surreal, etc.).

I remember the first time I saw 'Videodrome' (and, later, 'Naked Lunch')...I had the same reaction that I have to some of David Lynch's work, that being 'this fella is fucked up (in a most entertaining way)'.

Cronenberg made one flick with, I think, Samantha Yeager (or Eggers, or some such) wherein a woman, under a novel kind of psychiatric care, as she divested herself of anxieties, gave birth to those anxieties as malformed and murderous homunculi.

'Stomach predation' (or, perhaps, 'womb [or, penis] predation') is mebbe akin to that...an attempt to infest the other with one's perceived failings by way of sex.

*shrug*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:15 pm

Except that is a gross misuse of the word hedonism, anfang, very common on this forum and elsewhere.
Do keep in mind that the objective of hedonism is eudaimonia.
Hedonism != decadence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:21 pm

Henry Quirk wrote:

'Stomach predation' (or, perhaps, 'womb [or, penis] predation') is mebbe akin to that...an attempt to infest the other with one's perceived failings by way of sex.

*shrug*

I think the word "stomach" was used purposely with the intent to conjure the image of one consuming the other and then disposing of the waste.

Quote :
Haven't seen it, but from what I've read it's typical Cronenberg phantasmagoria (distortion of, and betrayal by, the flesh; the real intermixing with the surreal, etc.).

I remember the first time I saw 'Videodrome' (and, later, 'Naked Lunch')...I had the same reaction that I have to some of David Lynch's work, that being 'this fella is fucked up (in a most entertaining way)'.

Cronenberg made one flick with, I think, Samantha Yeager (or Eggers, or some such) wherein a woman, under a novel kind of psychiatric care, as she divested herself of anxieties, gave birth to those anxieties as malformed and murderous homunculi.

I want to be your bff now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:24 pm

It's Samantha Eggar, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 3:06 pm

"I think the word "stomach" was used purposely with the intent to conjure the image of one consuming the other and then disposing of the waste."

Makes sense.

#

"bff"

Best friends forever?

HA!

#

"Samantha Eggar, The Brood"

Yep, that's her and it.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 3:29 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Except that is a gross misuse of the word hedonism, anfang, very common on this forum and elsewhere.
Do keep in mind that the objective of hedonism is eudaimonia.
Hedonism != decadence.

Hedonism is an ideal; e.g. an animal can't be hedonistic.
Let that sink in.

The critical element of hedonism is not pleasures - no matter how animalistic they may be and also no matter how sophisticated and far sighted they may be - No, it's that it was made into an ideal.
That ideal being pleasure in itself (or use the word happiness, well being, good spirited(eudaimonia for the sophisti-catty).
It's a corrupting force.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Questions Box
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: