Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Random Questions Box

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Random Questions Box - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 2:04 pm

Henry, that was happening to me yesterday. There must have been something going on with the site; every other site was working fine for me.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Yeah, right now, as I type, the site is actin' squirrely.

'Please, in the form of a question, Mr. Quirk.'

Is the site actin' squirrely?

Yes, it is.
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 pm

It's been working fine for me.

But the host is forumotion and they have their own things going on. If they have downtime or maintenance or whatever then there's nothing that can be done on our end.

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 10:01 pm

apaosha wrote:
It's been working fine for me.

But the host is forumotion and they have their own things going on. If they have downtime or maintenance or whatever then there's nothing that can be done on our end.

Good to see you back.

What have you been up to?
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:24 pm

From another thread (any and all emphasis is mine)...

It's telling how the "hierarchy" of this site goes, considering there's a bunch of retards "at the top" and more intelligent members below.

Basically the hierarchy here is not formed around intelligence or philosophy, but merely, flattering Satyr and making him feeeeeel good.

The hierarchy here is a sham, false.

Haven't been here long (or, deep) enough to assess the validity of this but -- even if "The hierarchy here is a sham, false" -- *so what?

This place is privately held, its rules determined by those in power, everyone else is guest, ally, plaything, or example.

Not seein' why this is a big deal.

*this is the question
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Just calling it like it is.

It is hypocritical in the sense that Apaosha/Satyr are responsible for the hierarchy here, but then, do not adhere to philosophical and intellectual integrity. So then what is their integrity? And it is too simple, mere favoritism and toeing the line, repeating what Satyr has to say.

This contradicts one of the fundamental guidelines of this forum, that competition and conflict are essential traits of philosophy.

As in.....conflict.....until it challenges the status quo, of even this hierarchy.

It's just too predictable really, not that an exception can exist. Hierarchies form out of necessity. Without females around, males tend to change their tune very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:57 pm

As you say, "competition and conflict are essential traits of philosophy".

Don't know that integrity ('fair play' or 'honesty') has anything to do with it.

#

"Without females around, males tend to change their tune very quickly."

In a face to face exchange, you're right, but 'here'?

I got no evidence that any of the women 'here' (or in any net-place I visit) 'are' women.

Female avatar and names, crafted posts: no proof at all that any of the women here or elsewhere, on-line, are what they claim to be (got no reason to doubt them either).

Not seein' how (at best) the possibility women roaming the KTS halls means anything (certainly, not seein' the ruination of all that's masculine).
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Yes here too.

The mere fact that a pretty girl already has graced this forum, indicates something important.

But you're right about doubt. I doubt the validity of most strangers here, and will not presume a female face without seeing her for myself via video chat in real time.

All emotion no reason is a female though. She is easy to spot, mentally.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:40 pm

It can be tricky to say sometimes.

Over at Philosophy Now, there's one who calls itself 'Sphere of Balance'.

I was sure SoB was a (young) girl, but it claims to be a married man.

ReasonvsEmotion (or, whatever her name is) could just be clever liar (or just a guy with a feminine head).

*shrug*

Guess it doesn't really matter...you a take a body as it presents itself and act accordingly...the plainest strategy is often the best strategy.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:41 pm

I can agree with this....
The Laughing Man and Aeon are truly brilliant.

Every post they make talking about how brilliant they are, fills us with a sense of dread.
Every allusion to how they will revolutionize mankind, for the next ten-thousand years, and how they will take over after the big end, makes us feel our own weakness.

Secret revealed:
Half the members here are Satyr sock -puppets, and Satyr is a big, black, fat, middle-aged, single mother of six.
Satyr is trolling brought to another level.

Any time you guys want to leave, don't let me stand in your way.

Start your revolution in one of your own forums where you can get all the attention you crave, by declaring how brilliant you all are.

Last edited by Satyr on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Like I say, I always doubt who I'm talking to unless I've confirmed him/her by voice video chat.

I honestly don't give a fuck who most of these morons are, online. Most people are too stupid to care about or concern yourself with.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:42 pm

Satyr wrote:

Every post they make talking about how brilliant they are, fills us with a sense of dread.
Every allusion to how they will revolutionize mankind, for the next ten-thousand years, and how they will take over after the big end, makes us feel our own weakness.
This is a good angle for you, keep pushing it. You've exposed my weakness. Now really use it against me. I want to feel it, biooootch.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:45 pm

HA!

As I say, "you a take a body as it presents itself and act accordingly".

A lot of the time how it presents itself is not keeping with how it thinks it presents itself.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Æon wrote:
Satyr wrote:

This is a good angle for you, keep pushing it.  You've exposed my weakness.  Now really use it against me.  I want to feel it, biooootch.
The funny thing is that I do not have to do a thing.
You do it all by yourself.

Birds of a feather...and all that.
You and he both have this flood-the forums ability to beg for what you cannot earn.

If you tell me how intelligent you are, one more time, I might begin to believe you....like I did the Mensa dudes over on ILP.
Where you two belong.

Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Ouch Satyr, ouch. Your attacks are brutal, yet sharp at the same time. You really know my buttons well.

Keep going, you can have the last word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:30 pm

Thanks for the warm compliment on commenting my genius Satyr.

I'm always glad to see a fan of my posts and writing style.

I'm also very pleased you've come to terms with your African negro heritage.

It's about time you came out of the closet with all of that.

All joking aside..........*clears throat*

If you disagree with my posts and what I have to say I'm always up for some competitive debate.

So far you've been silent. Why?

If you ban somebody that will just reveal your intellectual cowardice.

Go ahead and make my day.

Last edited by LaughingMan on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:34 pm

I always knew how inferior to you I was.
It's why I posture so much.

Your mind is too formidable for me to deal with.

No banning here...only different rooms for different intellectual standards.

What's there to debate?
The world will end, and you will survive, and then you will be ruler and king.

All we have to do is wait for the end.

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Satyr wrote:
I always knew how inferior to you I was.
It's why I posture so much.

Your mind is too formidable for me to deal with.

No banning here...only different rooms for different intellectual standards.

What's there to debate?
The world will end, and you will survive, and then you will be ruler and king.

All we have to do is wait for the end.

I've already told you out of respect how your writing had an early influence on me while I was younger. That was not jesting, sarcasm, or pretend posturing. That was me being honest.

Still, even showing you respect you're not hesitant about cutting anybody down that doesn't agree with you on everything.

Last edited by LaughingMan on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Yes, go ahead and act just like Carleas or Only_Humean on ILP by restricting people's posts and threads to a separate area.

What's there to debate? Well, I believe in more than just the deterioration and collapse of civilization for starters.

I do talk about other things you know but for some reason you're just focusing on that solely.

If you disagree with what I have to say once again I welcome you to debate me.

Last edited by LaughingMan on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:52 pm

But that is exactly it, boy...you say nothing.
What's there to debate?

The only interesting thing about you is your psychology, expressed in this thrill at the prospect of Armageddon.
Outside of that, nothing you say touches any part of what I would consider interesting.  

It's what's annoying about your incessant posting.
You insert yourself everywhere, including in threads where you are clueless, and you then add nothing but a distraction.
It's obvious you only want to let everybody know that you are present.

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Satyr wrote:
But that is exactly it, boy...you say nothing.
What's there to debate?

The only interesting thing about you is your psychology, expressed in this thrill at the prospect of Armageddon.
Outside of that, nothing you say touches any part of what I would consider interesting.  

It's what's annoying about your incessant posting.
You insert yourself everywhere, including in threads where you are clueless, and you then add nothing but a distraction.
It's obvious you only want to let everybody know that you are present.

I have nothing interesting to say and yet here you are devoting your precious time to uninteresting Joker.

Annoying and clueless? I'm still waiting for some debate on your part to put me in my place.

How long shall I be waiting?

I'm an attention whore trying to get people to acknowledge my presence you say?

All of this is just a sad act of desperation on my part for people to take a notice in me or a cry for help you imply.

What's this forum and your entire internet presence mean to you hospital orderly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:26 pm

I'm a distraction now? From what Satyr? Your internet papacy here?

The only views that shall be allowed are Satyr's?

Hopefully you redeem yourself the next couple of posts big guy.

Starting to lose faith in you here....
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:19 pm

Quote :
It was, says Nietzsche, ‘the people of the tragic mysteries’ who fought the Persians and then needed tragedy to recover. But the Persians were opposed by other Greeks besides, including the allegedly ultra-Apolline Spartans, who, without benefit of regular doses of ‘tragic mysteries’ nevertheless performed on the field of battle with equal distinction and recovered with no less ease.
- "Nietzsche on Tragedy" - By M. S. Silk

Why didn't the Spartans need tragedy like other Greeks? Is it a matter of extreme physical conditioning from an early age and a community that is perpetually reinforcing warrior values that makes tragedy less necessary for "healing."... Were their festivals enough for this?

Also is Nietzsche really indifferent to Sparta?

“As a whole their state [the Spartan – THB] is a caricature of a city-state and the ruin of Hellas. The bringing forth of the complete Spartan – but what sort of greatness does he represent when it requires such a brutal state to create him!”

“To be a philhellene means to be the enemy of raw power and muddled thinking. Sparta was the ruin of Hellas in the sense that it forced Athens into a league of city-states and to concern itself exclusively with politics” - Quotes of Nietzsche found in "Nietzsche, Power and Politics: Rethinking Nietzsche's Legacy for Political Thought"

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 12:11 am

What happened to StrongArm? He is marked as Guest now...
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 12:24 am

Erik wrote:

I'd like to know too.

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 8:08 am

perpetualburn wrote:
Erik wrote:

I'd like to know too.
He asked me to delete him.

His last PM to me:
Strongarm88 wrote:
I consider you a mentor.

You have helped to shed light on a great number of things in my own becoming.

I had hoped to gain your respect, perhaps friendship. In this respect, I feel I have embarrassed myself.

As such, and considering I am in a much more informed position than I have ever been, I am leaving KTS. The things I can do to develop myself have never been more clear, and, now is the time to do them.

If I return, I will inform you it is I.

If not, my deepest gratitude for your direction on my journey. I am sure that even the more attention-seeking members of the forum, are, on some level, acutely aware of who and what drew them here. A formidable mind with a distinct kindness. And courage.

Good health, and long life to you and yours AC.

Be whole.

Please delete my account.

The "embarrassment" he felt was when he thought I and Lyssa were one and the same; that Satyr was using the Lyssa character to play games.
Many people still think Lyssa is Satyr's sockpuppet, as they call it.

They can't believe there could be such a woman as Lyssa.  

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 8:28 am

In what thread did he accuse Lyssa as being a fraud?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 8:49 am

Erik wrote:
In what thread did he accuse Lyssa as being a fraud?
In no thread.
He expressed his opinion in a PM....asking me to thank Lyssa for her Blond Beast thread.
I told him to tell her directly.
That's when he told me he was convinced Lyssa was a Satyr puppet.

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 am

I wonder what made him think that you were posing as Lyssa.....

Did he state his reasoning?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 am

Strongarm88 wrote:
I can certainly picture a woman like Lyssa, but you are correct that it does take some difficulty.

I will outline my thinking.

Lyssa as another moniker of yours would allow you to see how forum members receive a woman and her posts (Aeon for example), which are usually very informative but far more referential than Satyr's. I note Lyssa's avatar is usually quite provocative but also impersonal: stock photos of buxom witches etc enticing all the boys. I would imagine a real woman, who is as in contact with her past as a Lyssa, to be more disinterested in this type of interaction, even as a moderator/gatekeeper.

Also, it would allow you to explore Nietzsche without feeling choked by his brilliance and without summoning obsessive 'Nietzscheans'.

I read some of Lyssa's first posts in this forum, particularly the WTP study guide. Despite the back-and-forth, I felt I detected a certain, subtle contrivance. She has also posted for you and even as you on ILP. Perhaps a genuine synergy between distinct people... or perhaps an advanced method of vetting by one very dedicated mind.

The masculine in control of the feminine within himself..? Dishonesty is a part of nature after all. Less Lion more Fox...

(Now if you too, were Apoasha, one might come to believe that you were alluding to the trinities of old [before the Abrahamic corruption of exclusively male entities] with a very clever device. But he does not post very often, at least not in the Agora.)

I do not make these assertions in bad faith, nor as you can see with a total lack of evidence, but rather with the acceptance that truth must be shielded from vulgarity, especially in these times (hence the Adyton).

However, I am still learning. Your thoughts, if you have any, are always welcome.  

A plausible hypothesis...

The amount of work, and time, that would be required would make it more of a burden than a joy.
Perhaps the usage of methods contrary to character to produce a reaction, as the one he describes in relation to Lyssa's quality and her avatar selection, should be considered...or that Satyr gave Lyssa that avatar for his own reasons.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Box Random Questions Box - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Questions Box
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: