Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Satyrnalium

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Satyrnalium - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 1:13 pm

They say genuine kindness is revealed when nobody is watching. So can genuine character be revealed when someone feels wealthy and powerful – his/her real nature come through when he/she feels "on top of the world", and may be concealed when he/she feels "down and out". As such, always observe behaviour when someone thinks nobody is watching and when they feel secure and confident, and disregard their feigned generosity, altruism and displays of humility. A "friend in need is always a friend in-deed", but not truly so.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 8:43 am

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 6:25 pm

I now have first hand knowledge to help me understand why the greatest philosophers never married and never had children.
No thinking can be accomplished with a teenager in the house - too many distractions and duties - especially when there's a school test coming.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 6:29 pm

It's sad....no it's pathetic, how those who pretend to be genius and well read, fall for the most transparent and simplistic feminine mind-games, used by females but, increasingly, by those who think they are males.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 10:26 am

My philosophy in brief …for whomever might give a shit:

My thinking has three contexts, loosely corresponding to Plato's psyche: Reason / Will / Pathos, or corresponding to man's experience of existence Past/Present/Future, or corresponding to man's biology Body / Nervous System / Mind.
Immutable, determined, Past / Mutable, determining, Present / Indeterminate, yet to be determined, Future

Will is of the nervous, dynamic, existent, directing, orienting, the organism towards a destination.
Past, as accumulated energy, is the momentum, i.e., movement through spatial possibilities, measured temporally.

Genes<>Memes<>Ideologies ----- Nature<>Nurture<>Objective

All three must be in harmony with the other two, otherwise there is an error, or an absence, i.e., lack, of knowledge/understanding.
My starting point is the middle, the dynamic, interactive present, i.e., nervous system, will...this is the starting structure built upon the tangible, real, earth, within experience reality.
To this I then proceed to develop a foundation, to make the structure sturdy, i.e., a metaphysis in support of physis.
Metaphysics must be in alignment with physics, otherwise the structure is shaky.
Nervous system must be integrated within the body, the past manifested as presence.

From there I proceed to what corresponds to ideology, the not-yet-determined, projected future.
A projected goal, objective, which must align with the previous two, otherwise the objective and its ideal destination, is unrealistic, unattainable, theoretical.
Our structure must extend from the foundations upward into space/time, towards an indeterminate expanse.
All three must be in harmony- aligned, starting from the middle, the tangible, the present, digging down into the subterranean realm and upward towards the extra-terrestrial, without ever leaving the ground.
Inter-Active dynamic nervous determining founded within body, the determined past made present, moving towards the yet to be determined future...guided by an attainable, realistic, projected ideal.

My starting premise is that nothing is absolute, except in the mind where all is reduced to abstraction, imitating the immutable, indivisible, complete whole which is absent from the experienced world.
All is process, or dynamic....existence is defined by me as the state of constant dynamic interactivity between ordered and chaotic energies.
Ordered = patterned, i.e., consistent, predictable, repeating.
Chaotic = non-patterned, random, i.e., inconsistent, non-repeating, unpredictable.

Energy = interactivity.
One can conceptualize it, within four-diemstional space/time, as vibrations - string theory, where there is vibration but no string.
More precisely we can conceptualize it in multi-diemsional space/time as oscillations - oscillations indicating a speed, rhythm, sequence of interactivity determined the kind, i.e., eidos, of energy. the sequence across multi-diemsinoal space/time indicating the probability of interactivity within an expanding field of possibilities.
Patterned energies characterized by their consistency - their probability.
Non-Patterned energies characterized by their inconsistency - their possibilities.

Dimensions increasing as the cosmos expands, indicating a falling away - reduction - of what we experience as matter/energy.
Here mater is used to describe a slow osculating sequence, relative to the organism's metabolic rhythms, and energies - in their ordered contexts - as oscillations that are faster relative to organic metabolic rhythms.
Metabolic rhythms refer to cellular systolic/diastolic sequences determining speed of perception and reaction, i.e., speed of consciousness determining an individual's perceptual-event-horizon. All that exceeds this event-horizon is interpreted as darkness, void; the relationship - juxtaposition - between the mind's perception speeds and the oscillating speed of the perceived, determines how the organism interprets that which is present, existent, i.e., interpreting dynamic interactive presence as appearance.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 11:14 am

By interaction I mean attraction/repulsion, both referring to the degree of harmony between two, or more patterns.
Non-patterned energies can never be in harmony because they lack repeating consistency, ergo expanding and accelerating space/time indicates an increase of chaotic energies, i.e., repulsion.

Only pattered - ordered - energies can unify into complex combination, perceived and interpreted by consciousness as things and/or beings.
I've explained this elsewhere but, in brief, it is possible for a third patterned to mitigate and decrease the disharmony between two, or more other patterns, to create a complex unity, such as a particle, or an atom, the building blocks of matter and life.

So, when two energies are in harmony their oscillations are so close in alignment that the degree of repulsion is exceeded by the degree of attraction leading to a convergence of oscillating sequences across spatial dimensions - their oscillating interactivities synchronizing and compounding gradually developing the multiplicities of unities we experience on a higher level as things and beings, i.e., appearances being the combined, median, rhythms, tempos, etc.
Musical metaphors are useful in the conceptualization of what exists because we are dealing with dynamic energies.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 11:49 am

My basic antithesis is to both sides of what I call the nihilistic paradigm, via a Hellenic balance between absolute chaos and absolute order.
We experience existence linearly, as a movement towards increasing chaos, and away of near-absoltue order - as a tragic/comedy, an agon, resisting this cosmic momentum.
We are now moving away from the conception of the uni-verse as absolutely ordered, i.e., godly, omnipotent, omniscient, absolutely pre-determined, and entering the phase of absolutely chaos, where people will deny all forms of knowing because omniscience is discovered to be improbable.
Cosmos is partially, and increasingly counter-intuityive, in that it is becoming increasingly random, i.e., chaotic.
Naturally man tries to resist this, in the noetic context, by believing in a hidden, beneath complexity, higher order.

We've moved away from god towards a secular form of the same concept, demanding salvation from what is immanent and imminent.
Moderns insist in maintaining fate in the absolute comprehensibility of existence - and if not by an idealized human called "god" then by an idealization of a collective, called humanity.
With no god man declares himself a potential god, presuming that absolute order is a fact and therefore attainable - knowable.
In my view this is false, and another expression of faith, rooted in existential anxiety.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 8:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am Legion
Birthing Divinity
in season
We is I
In the din of reason
Thine eye
A moulding fission
I is Myriad
On top of Gilead
Hearing sight
Awakening simian
Re-turning de-light
To my Dark
Secretive reptilian
Seeing din
Echoing my kind
Battle-hardened sin
Losing to find
Splinters of my mind

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 12:10 pm

There are those who seem to be saying something novel and new when they are simply convecting what has been novel and new, usually masked in heavy doss of rhetoric and jargon, to produce an effect.
But this is not genius.
Genius is saying the novel and new in simple, comprehensible, ways; unmasked and with no jargon.

He who truly understands his subject can describe it in multiple ways; he who parrots understanding can only express it in one way, and if this way was convoluted he will remain true to it.
Knowledge is often mistake for understanding, especially by moderns, so they believe that knowledge, i.e., education, can produce parity of outcome; it is these same minds that are easily impressed by displays of data, by knowledge, remaining true to script and recited verbatim, calling it a product of "genius" when it says nothing which has not been said before.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 6:31 pm

Whoever speaks to you about a hermaphrodite one-god, be honoured, for you are in the presence of a Jewdi knight, lingo-master of the "light side of the farce", and the Kabballah is powerful in him/her...it.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 6:06 pm

Green like 3-4-5...

Dictionary wrote:
Definition of green (Entry 1 of 6)
1: of the color green
2a: covered by green growth or foliage
green fields
b: consisting of green plants and usually edible herbage
a green salad
cof winter : MILD, CLEMENT

3a: ENVIOUS sense 1 —used especially in the phrase green with envy
b: marked by a pale, sickly, or nauseated appearance

4: not ripened or matured
green peaches

5a: deficient in training, knowledge, or experience
green recruits
b: deficient in sophistication and savoir faire : NAIVE
was green and credulous
c: not fully qualified for or experienced in a particular function

...fragile as un-tempered glass.

Ha!!!

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 12:49 pm

The goal of a teacher/mentor is the same as that of a father: to make himself obsolete to those who have placed their trust upon him so that his guidance will no longer be needed in the future when he is no longer present - wanting to be respected.

The goal of a charlatan, pseudo-intelelctual, is the same as that of a priest, or a grifter: to make himself indefensible to those who have placed their trust on him so that they can never be free from his guidance, even when he is no longer present - wanting to be worshipped.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 12:17 pm

If we want to produce an ontological foundation for our ensuring speculations - as humans are wont to do - then the most clear and obvious would be using the Greek term Ενεργεια, i.e., energy.
Human minds need all-ancopassing abstractions to simplify/generalize experiences into concise, easily transmittable, mental models.
Organisms in a state of antagonism with the existent, they emerge from, are particularly motivated to reduce it all into an ordered precise framework, and in so doing they reject anything that cannot be integrated or that cannot be converted from multiplicities to a singularity.
The etymology of the word "energy" implies what we wish to convey in relation to an experienced world
Process - at work - and interactive dynamism.

The ancient-Greeks used fire and water to represent the same multiplicity as a singular concept.
Both water and fire imply energy: continuous interactivity: consuming and being consumed, movement/momentum, and presence manifesting appearance.

All is energy.
Energy that may be ordered or chaotic; predictable and consistent, or unpredictable and inconsistent.
Energy that interacts with itself.
Energy of varying intensities and directions - dimensional extensions determining possibility of interactivity.
Energy of multiple types - corresponding to intensity, rhythms etc., which may be appreciated, but may not, without ceasing to exist, because to exist is to be dynamic, i.e., interactive.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 9:08 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptySat May 22, 2021 5:28 pm

Nobody creates someone....
We bring what is present forth; we allow what has always been there to expose itself.

We whisper through the chrysalis, never knowing what will emerge...

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptySat May 22, 2021 6:00 pm

Intimacy is the biggest lie of all.
Most, convinced that they have it, have never dared to admit that there's that little piece of themselves they never share, correctly presuming the probable consequences.
For one thing, as it figures into sexual relationships between men and women, intimacy is a razor blade men walk on....one slip and their balls are split in two.
A woman may say she wants it, and she may even believe it herself, but show a little more than she can tolerate and she's lost to you forever.

This is my formula:
A woman wants the man to expose weakness as a sign of trust, she thinks, but it is also a spur on her boot, to make the stallion move hither and thither.
But there's more to it.
If a man exposes more weakness than she recognizes in herself then she's lost all sexual interest in him, and only wants to be friends...
for no reason she can ever imagine the "chemistry is gone".
Her self-awareness and integrity is the deciding factor.
But we know...I know.
Where there is no intimidation, no anxiety, no fear, there is no sexual tension - where there is no mystery there is no faith.
Intimacy kills pathos, and distance - physical and psychological - "maketh her loins moist".

Religions build mystery to keep womanly faith...grifters use it to exploit desire to its fullest.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptySat May 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Herd psychology...the school, the swarm...

*Closer to the center indicated status - further away from the periphery and the world beyond.
*An enclosure in itself, creating a wall of bodies - world = humanity; humanity = world.
*Language becomes self-referential - inter-subjective - detaching from the world beyond the herd/flock/swarm, and referring to other words, in another's mind, or to script, in more sophisticated herds.
*Uniformity of movement and appearance creates the illusion of a SuperOrganism with a mind of its own - its own will, a will independent from any individual member of the group; an external agency.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 12:31 pm

My metaphysics in a nutshell.
All is energy.
No will, no intent, no god required.
Interactions between patterned energies means harmonization - attraction/repulsive forces - energies - being more or less in harmony.
More harmonious interactions - relationships - create complex unities, i.e., particles, matter/energy.

Schopenhauer called the cosmos a symphony.

Time is experienced as change.
Free-Will, or simply will, is experienced as choice.
Energy (patterned) is experienced as kinds of matter/energy; Energy (non-patterned) is experienced as the unforeseeable, the uncanny.

Need/Suffering is the experience of existing, underlying all choice, all evaluations, all judgments.

Decay, old age, is the consequence of attrition over time, due to interaction.
Life is the iterating process of replenishing lost energies, consequently an organism is attracted by the types of energies it is made of.

Energy is interactivity, it is existence.
Existence is dynamic interactivity, i.e., energy.
Energy is vibration - in four dimensional space/time - or oscillation - in multi-dimesional space/time.
What is oscillating is possibility for interaction, i.e. space, time referring to the rate of oscillation (movement/momentum) - the sequence of oscillation refers to the probability (order, patterned energy) of interactivity within a given dimension, then the next, then the next... the sequence determined the kind of pattern which we perceive as the apparent, as appearance.

These emerging "anomalies" in higher dimensions is the source of the next cosmic cycle. It is when/where a near absolute singularity emerges - Yin/Yang, duality - that the process begins again, and again...

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 8:50 pm

All I ever had was my mind....a place to sleep, and food on the table.
All three were given to me.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 12:18 pm

They dress themselves in the skins of our nemesis, ferocious and undefeatable, demanding that we muster our greatest ideal, our strongest warrior, Hercules, to defeat them, for they consider us their nemesis and challenge us to destroy them, in anger or for sport, otherwise they lose their sense of self, concealed within deceptive skins preventing them from being swept away on the winds of time, like vapor, sometimes pretending to be a monstrous multi-headed Hydra, sometimes a ferocious lion.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 1:23 pm

Wisdom recognizes what cannot be fixed, i.e., healed, corrected, because it is essence, i.e., nature, which is to say it is a pattern which, if radically altered - inverted - would not be the same pattern.
Identity is determined by a continuity linked by memory, i.e., an unbroken sequence of iterating consistency.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptySat Jul 31, 2021 7:24 pm

My metabolism is slow but thorough. Lazy, like a Mediterranean evening, when the day's experiences are assimilated along with Kalamata olives, fresh off the vine tomatoes, feta, and a glass of ouzo, chilled with a few cubes to a milky smoothness.
Falling deeper into myself I follow Helios into the domain of Erebus where I await Hypnos to rescue me from Thanatos...before I cross the river of no return.
It is then when my physical and mental digestions thoroughly digest what has been consumed, over the course of hours - methodically and slowly, squeezing out every nutrient, when it has all been grinded into fine pulp.

My quickness of wit has always depended on this leisurely process, measured and efficient, letting no detail go to waste.
And though I am quickly dismissive with simplicity I never completely disregard idiocy, except when it settles down to its predictable repetitions, forcing me to lose patience with what has wasted my time.

Detail is the fine datum exposing subtle patterns which often go unnoticed.
Detail preserved in memory, awaiting another to form a sequence, and a third to form a triad of repetition.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 6:51 am

A leader appears when the spirit has sunk low enough to undermine the ego's resistance.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 5:10 pm

There's always a good emotional, moral reason to deny the truth.
Reality is unjust, brutal...indifferent.
What kind of man can endure it for long?
A monster.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Why are people of mixed race almost always referred to as "half-black" or "half-asian", never half-white.
Indoctrination into the victim-cult....we always identify with the weakest, the sufferer; we intuitively know existence is suffering so we like to associate ourselves with the highest level of existing; victim implies innocence, not guilt, and we like to think of ourselves as not responsible for anything.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 4:22 pm

Conflict produces clarity, power, not because of compromise but due to the impact breaking away weakness, leaving behind hard jagged edges when the smooth softness has been chiselled away.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 7:33 pm

They reduce the world to a cynical joke fit for laughter, hoping they can avoid shedding tears.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 8:06 pm

My philosophy holds true whether there are cultures, societies or even humans in existence; my philosophy requires no followers or believers; my philosophy holds true before there were men in the world and will hold true after there are none.
A philosophy is about what is. What one does, or doesn't do with it is irrelevant, and only gains relevance in reference to a specific objective, when the traveler, his destination, and a distance to be traversed, all come into play.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 7:17 am

How vibrations - in four-dimensional space/time - are how organic life perceives oscillations - in multi-dimensional space/time.

The movement towards the perimeter signifying a movement from less toward more probability of interaction.
Each dimension representing possibility = space.
The pattern signifying order - order being capable of consistently and predictably interacting to be perceived.
Non-patterned oscillations would be imperceptible due to their inconsistent unpredictability - unable to combine into stable unities that can reach the size where they can be perceived by organic life. Nevertheless, these random - chaotic - energies still interact and affect patterned energies, and can be witnessed as an unpredictable unforeseeable affect upon them - a change.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satyrnalium Satyrnalium - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Satyrnalium
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 35 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: