Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Slaughtz

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 4:38 am

Mount & Blade Bannerlord is occupying my time, but multi-culti snuck its way in. You see Europeans with dreadlocks and frizzy black hair. If there's a mod for removing it, it should be installed.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 4:56 pm

There is no lying self-declared or institutionally-declared expert-ass who tells you that modern architecture isn't ugly. You just see it and judge it for yourself; it's just a silly game after all - in there you can do that - for now.

Sure, you can over-do-it and then it becomes cheesy, gaudy,... but you have to really go to extremes to mess it up.
You just don't want an amorphous blob of a house. You want definition, borders, separations - here ends the first floor, you can see it in this decorative piece along the outside of the wall...; All repeats or is a variation of what has already been used.
Modern blobby architecture, for modern blobby people - here, wear this sack, I mean T-shirt without a proper cut.
Ever heard of a corset? - Here is where the torso ends and the hips begin.
Looks like the same principles.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 10:51 am

Ordered the new graphics card before Easter, but it got a bit more complicated than I expected. After buying a new PSU and a graphics card I realized my motherboard was too old (only 4/6 pin cords), but it's not too expensive to get a proper one. Also just realized that they don't even sell DDR3 motherboards anymore.

I accidentally broke the old motherboard because the current build had a old PSU which didn't have on/off button so didn't think to take off the power cord from motherboard.

Edit 18.04: I went to buy a new motherboard from a shop, it was a good thing that the sales person in this small shop asked me if I have a old processor, because it required a new processor as well.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptySun May 03, 2020 3:38 pm

It's pretty cool that I can even run Witcher 3 on Ultra now, no slowing down.

So far the Witcher 3 has been as great as the first one. It has so many different character models and different looking faces on NPC's, there are fat people and skinny ones so it feels much different than bethesda games where all character models are the same height and size.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 6:13 pm

The main quest of Bloody Baron is pretty heavy. It's like in Witcher 1 the characters have depth and humanity.

Spoiler:

Spoiler pictures:

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 2:40 am

Jarno wrote:
Ordered the new graphics card before Easter, but it got a bit more complicated than I expected. After buying a new PSU and a graphics card I realized my motherboard was too old (only 4/6 pin cords), but it's not too expensive to get a proper one. Also just realized that they don't even sell DDR3 motherboards anymore.

I accidentally broke the old motherboard because the current build had a old PSU which didn't have on/off button so didn't think to take off the power cord from motherboard.

Edit 18.04: I went to buy a new motherboard from a shop, it was a good thing that the sales person in this small shop asked me if I have a old processor, because it required a new processor as well.

It's not certain if your CPU and RAM are still working, I presume? Because otherwise you could take your chances and look for a second hand motherboard. If you buy new you'd have to buy a new CPU and DDR4 RAM as well.

Something like a
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (6 cores, 12 threads) - 180 Euro
MSI B450M Mortar MAX (MAX is very important for compatibility) - 105 Euro
DDR 4 RAM (2x8GB Kit, DDR4-3200 should be good spot for price/performance) - 70 Euro

About 350 Euro in total. It's a popular combo for a very good price/performance ratio, while still being in the upper middle-class performance wise.

Intel will likely lower its prices in the upcoming months for their upcoming CPU lineup, to better compete with AMD.

Unless you already ended up buying the CPU and the motherboard ...
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 8:12 am

I did, but I only bought 2 x 4 GB of ram, it should be enough, CPU was 85 €, I took the cheaper one, but it will do for now. Everything works great so I am very happy with this one, only thing that I'm lacking now is a better display for better refresh rates and a bigger SSD, I have two, but not enough room.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 6:00 pm

What's interesting in this video are the snippets on how the company got infested, but I think there is more to it than that. I think on the very top are the people who initiate these changes in staff. They have plenty of examples to go by how this hurts their bottomline so I think it's an intentional decisions made on the very top, maybe even investors, banks,...Those with access to eternally freshly "printed" money, where it doesn't matter very much if money doesn't return to the investor if it serves a greater purpose.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 6:58 pm

At this point money is secondary - which says something about the situation because they always loved money and money was how they found salvation.

I think their desperation has something to do Trump, and the bell toll reminding them that the end is near.
They can't be subtle and patient any more. Their propaganda has to be in-your-face obvious to have the largest impact in as short a time as possible.
The Liberal faction of (((US elites))), the entertainment/media industry is feeling existential anxiety.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 1:57 pm

There are still good games being made but when it comes to big productions then it's not looking so good.
One person can still sit down and write a good book. Two, three maybe twelve people can still cooperate and make something worthwhile but once you get into big numbers and you need access to money and media channels to promote your game, maybe lawyers, tax evasion experts.... you have to make a deal with ...them and your work gets compromised.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptySat May 09, 2020 5:02 pm

"or online multiplayer games designed to fulfill their human compulsion for competition and camaraderie." This is true.

And yes when you are working with a lot of people you need to have someone who has the vision which others follow, otherwise it's going be filled with all kinds of crap. A lot of people who are talented in programming or modelling doesn't necessarily have any good ideas, so they should just do what they are told to.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 3:33 am

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 1:09 pm

With these open-world games I always make the mistake of trying to do side quests and get too bored to finish the game because the actual story is progressing too slowly, just like I did with Phantom Pain just now and I never finished skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 9:18 pm

This is basically the only thing that bothers me about witcher
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptySat May 16, 2020 9:15 am

I wouldn't want to carry a sharp and or pointy object strapped on my back while marching. You can slip or fall and suddenly you have the guard of your sword or spear inside your back.

Here is what Mordhau says about it:

I think they are lying, lol. The issue is that, yes, it looks silly but it's the best solution that they could think of.

I think it looks silly with the large weapon glued to your back but at the same time I don't think it's a good gameplay mechanic having to pick up your weapon wherever you left it. How tedious would a game be if you had to do all the little things that you do in real life. - Oh, no my nose is itching again, press X to scratch your nose.
Where and when did I leave my weapon behind again? Time to look around the battlefield again.
I mean, if it were a "serious" RPG with few and short combats throughout the game then this dropping of your weapon and picking it back up could work out without getting tedious but if you are killing and switch weapons every other minute then it becomes annoying, I think.

So why stick it to the back and not just let it disappear in an invisible inventory chest as you do with so many items in most RPGs? Because you want people to show off what kind of secondary weapon they have. For one because people like to show off and more importantly it lets the enemy know with what kind of secondary weapon he has to deal with potentially.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 12:45 pm

I still like witcher 3, but again I did so many side quests that I'm struggling to get interested in the main story again. People take for granted a lot of things about Witcher 3

This is like next level sarcasm, comparing two completely different games.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 3:53 pm

I haven't played many RPGs.
I played Action-RPGs, some other genres with RPG elements, but the typical Western (or Japanese) RPG I never played much if any. I tried some but I got bored rather quickly.

I don't care about getting better gear or levelling up itself. If it's just a flashier looking weapon and armour, beating up flashier looking monsters and nothing has changed on a strategic or gameplay level then I don't care about that.
Basically, if you removed the story, the quest markers, the loot, the levelling up, would the gameplay still be engaging?

Finding your quest, getting your quest doesn't have to be boring but if there is no fail state, no or minimised frustration then there is no tension. There are games where you can fail, Pathologic 1&2 for example, apparently. Here, bring this medicine to this guy somewhere over there. Turns out that if you take your time and do some other stuff that person dies eventually and you failed in your quest, the time is even somewhat random iirc. Once you realise this your quests gain a sense of urgency. I think the timer even starts at the beginning of the game, so you can't really game the system with save states or scouting the locations before accepting those quests to be optimally prepared.

RPGs are very popular and I think they are basically walking simulators (the quest/story system) with often some very simple combat added to it. Imagine having no side-quests, the walking simulator aspect would become too obvious.

I think the artwork is one of the best things about The Witcher 3, from screenshots and videos it looks a bit doom and gloom but the adventurous kind of doom and gloom if that makes sense. From a gameplay point of view, Loom has a lot in common with an RPG. Not talking about the combat, both are kind of like an interactive story telling attempt with Witcher 3 being less linear and more sophisticated.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 4:25 pm

Anfang wrote:
I think the artwork is one of the best things about The Witcher 3, from screenshots and videos it looks a bit doom and gloom but the adventurous kind of doom and gloom if that makes sense. From a gameplay point of view, Loom has a lot in common with an RPG. Not talking about the combat, both are kind of like an interactive story telling attempt with Witcher 3 being less linear and more sophisticated.

In Witcher a lot of the NPC's seem to have custom bodies and faces (variety of different faces like in real life), not just randomly generated faces like in bethesda games and all models are not the exact same height and size.

It has beautiful cities, grassfields, villages, landscapes etc, but it also can be dark and have this folklorish vibe to it, lady of the woods quest felt hypnotic (and maybe gave me chills?). It makes sense of it why there are monsters in this world and what are their purpose, it's probably only game where I care to read about the monsters (beastiary), some monsters are not inherently evil and can be reasoned with.

A lot of people take it for granted how much time they have spent on designing all the beautiful costumes to make it have this authentic medieval look to it. And all the voices acting should not be taken for granted, they have really thought about everything, NPC's do not behave and talk like moderns do.

I would say the best thing for me in Witcher has always been the characters, even on side quests I feel bad for these characters when you have to make a decision and if it ends up badly. And I have even met some characters from previous games on some random side quests so it feels like it's not predictable. So for me I like helping these characters in these quests because they are so well written, so rewards and xp comes second.

Though I didn't like Yennefer or Ciri, because I thought they were behaving like modern women, I haven't found them yet so haven't had character development yet.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Anfang wrote:
I haven't played many RPGs.
I played Action-RPGs, some other genres with RPG elements, but the typical Western (or Japanese) RPG I never played much if any. I tried some but I got bored rather quickly.

I don't care about getting better gear or levelling up itself. If it's just a flashier looking weapon and armour, beating up flashier looking monsters and nothing has changed on a strategic or gameplay level then I don't care about that.  
Basically, if you removed the story, the quest markers, the loot, the levelling up, would the gameplay still be engaging?

What should we call games like Deus Ex? There's a lot of games where you level up and get better at something. There's a lot of games with skill trees.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Good question.
As you say, there are now a lot of games which have this levelling/gear element.
With (classic) RPG, my first thought used to be that it's that kind of game where you level up your character.
Historically the D&D pen-and-paper RPGs came from combining the stats systems in wargaming with Tolkien story elements. Is wargaming an RPG? Is the essential part of an RPG really the levelling and the stats or is it the way how you progress through this interactive story and get to play your role as (one of) these fantasy characters?

I'm now thinking that the Western RPG is better defined by how it tells its story and how characters/roles are portrayed within this storytelling system. In that case Deus Ex would be an action/stealth game with levelling. With that kind of thinking about RPGs, Deus Ex would also have RPG elements but not because of the levelling/stats/gear but because of how it tells its story which is similar to how Western RPGs do it, but on a smaller/shorter scale.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 5:38 pm

White supremacy or anti-white
choose your destiny...
Back to top Go down
NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 11:32 pm

OhFortunae wrote:
Occasionally I like to watch ''video-game movies'' on youtube, buy playing not anymore since my 17th.
Was for some time addicted as a child to Runescape, online roleplaying game in medieval settings - one of the reasons I developed my English better than the average child during that time and got basic understanding of how to connect certain words to skills - though much is fantasy, it was really a great means of learning and understanding.

roughly the same here, rip OhFortunae
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptySat May 08, 2021 5:09 pm

Originally they didn't have that note "Look out the window" in the game. But then they realised that having to look outside the window was too much thinking outside the box/room for people to solve the puzzle.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 7:40 am

^ I started to call this new resident evil a manlet simulator since the first time I saw it
(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 165023-resident-evil-village-article_m-1

I was watching the history of Rockstar studios and came across this outrage in 2005, just shows you again what kind of opportunists these people are...Now they are ok with all kinds of degeneracy, what a surprise
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 12:13 pm

The best character in the game so rather just *watch mirror matches, but at least with dualist variation things just doesn't happen automatically, it requires set up with those glowing orbs...Delayed wake-ups are a good strategy (when you are on the ground you can delay how quickly you get back up, avoiding aggresion)

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 10:30 am

Rarely saw tremor online, mostly just noob scorpions that spam overhead sword attack on ninjitsu variation or teleport, or liu kangs/kitanas/smoke

cyrax is probably most annoying online, have to just wait while I keep flying in the air exploding on bombs

On mk11 I've mostly just encountered scorpions, they always seem to rage quit thinking I'm a smurf since I don't have many matches yet I master many characters
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 5:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 10:22 am

That was beautiful, it's always nice to see Goro players play intelligently, online they usually just spam punch walk
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 6:35 am

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 12:26 pm

I never get tired of watching Kuroda, since I saw this first time 2010 and it stayed in my mind

Characters and animations in third strike are much more interesting than any other sf game

A lot of people avoid these types of games because how hard it feels to lose a match, but I think sparring and memorizing a moveset can improve your reaction time, makes your brain workout differently
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next