Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Collapse is forever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AutSider

AutSider

Collapse is forever Empty
PostSubject: Collapse is forever Collapse is forever EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 9:33 pm

If I understood it correctly...

In brief - If the technological infrastructure of the current modern societies collapses, it will be permanent. Technological advancements began with industrial revolution during which the fossil fuels were easily accessible, and they are the only thing that can power the industry to develop and maintain the kind of technology we have. Now in order to get to those fossil fuels we have to dig deep into the earth, which requires us to use highly sophisticated technology which runs on these fossil fuels.

This means that, as he puts it, "the ladder we climbed up is gone". If a collapse happens, we can never hope to rebuild the kind of technologically advanced society we currently have, because in order to do so we need fossil fuels, which are not easily accessible anymore and now require technology to get to in the first place. So if BlitheringGenius is correct in this video, the best we can hope to achieve after the collapse are civilizations like before the industrial revolution.

One of the messages to take away from this it that even if we know exactly what to do and how to do it, if we don't possess the tools to do it, any effort put in would be in vain. Even if humanity preserves all its current knowledge, it would be worthless when it comes to rebuilding the technologically advanced civilization.

On one hand, I enjoy the benefits of technology - not only the comforts, but also the opportunities for learning, knowledge, and leisure time, which is a precondition for philosophy. Then again, it makes people detached from reality, weak, dependent, and the kind of 'philosophy' that is produced reflects this decline in health fo the population, requiring technology to compensate. . . Everything has its advantages and disadvantages.

I still side with anti-collapse and pro-technology purely because of new knowledge it brings about, because what else is there to live for, but to obtain the best possible understanding of the world I possibly can?

This definitely gives some interesting food for thought and serves as a warning to those of us who romanticize collapse too much or think that it won't matter because if a civilization falls it will rebuild itself anyway, while not being aware of the consequences a collapse might bring about.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Collapse is forever Collapse is forever EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 6:24 pm

Collapse has never occurred...
Civilizations decline and are replaced by others.

No such thing as anarchy... that is another Marxist delusion, infecting young male mind, desperate to reboot, because they hate their status and the world - self-hatred, self-destructiveness, expressed outward, projected towards other.
Another Judeo-Christian/Islamic based myth, having to do with "end times" secularized in Marxist lore based on naivete and ignorance about human nature.
Any time you have two, or more organisms you have a hierarchy, an arche.....whether this is nature, or what is then a relationship of dominated to dominator, all organize, to one degree or another - those organizing more efficiently dominate those that do not.

No elite has ever conceded their power due to words, and numbers, or abstractions.
No complete and total collapse has ever occurred on a world-wide scale.
Nature despises vacuums.
Ironically to maintain anarchy you require regulating rules... an arche.
Without one, you have the gradual ascent from tribalism, towards city-states, nation-states, and super-states.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Collapse is forever Collapse is forever EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 3:02 am

AutSider wrote:

I still side with anti-collapse and pro-technology purely because of new knowledge it brings about, because what else is there to live for, but to obtain the best possible understanding of the world I possibly can?

This definitely gives some interesting food for thought and serves as a warning to those of us who romanticize collapse too much or think that it won't matter because if a civilization falls it will rebuild itself anyway, while not being aware of the consequences a collapse might bring about.

Its one thing to understand the world and another to experience it.

I for one am tired of noetic combat and desire a return to a more balanced representation of our status, even if it means my death.

The meek shall inherit the Earth, but the Noble shall take it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collapse is forever Collapse is forever Empty

Back to top Go down

Collapse is forever
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1