Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Is magic related to electro-magnetism?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 8:35 pm

The Earth's spin is a giant electro-magnet.

Newtonian Laws of Motion are dictated by repulsion and attraction.

The force people feel among society, pushed and pulled this way or that, is essentially the same.
Back to top Go down
Maia

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 6:51 am

Æon wrote:
The Earth's spin is a giant electro-magnet.

Newtonian Laws of Motion are dictated by repulsion and attraction.

The force people feel among society, pushed and pulled this way or that, is essentially the same.

The energy currents in the earth are closely associated with underground running water, too.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 6:56 am

Emotions have different energies too, anger, sadness, joy, fear, and all the others.

Hatred is that which repulses and drives others away, Love is that which attracts and draws others in.
Back to top Go down
Maia

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 7:01 am

Æon wrote:
Emotions have different energies too, anger, sadness, joy, fear, and all the others.

Hatred is that which repulses and drives others away, Love is that which attracts and draws others in.

Definitely. And while emotions have many causes, one is environment, or, in other words, the energies of a place. Some places are numinous and magical, while others, for no obvious reason at all, have a really negative feeling about them.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 7:07 am

Long ago I tried to categorize emotions, but it depends on the person subjectively.

For example, anger and joy inspire a person to move and act, so in that way they are positively charged.

While fear and sadness cause a person to become still, motionless, incapacitated, and despair, thus negatively charged.

But in terms of destructive power, anger is negative. While joy is creative and positive.

Fear and sadness neither destroy nor create, so in that context, they are neutral.
Back to top Go down
Maia

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 7:27 am

Æon wrote:
Long ago I tried to categorize emotions, but it depends on the person subjectively.

For example, anger and joy inspire a person to move and act, so in that way they are positively charged.

While fear and sadness cause a person to become still, motionless, incapacitated, and despair, thus negatively charged.

But in terms of destructive power, anger is negative.  While joy is creative and positive.

Fear and sadness neither destroy nor create, so in that context, they are neutral.

Fear may make someone run away and save themselves. I don't know of any use for sadness though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 7:29 am

Æon wrote:

But in terms of destructive power, anger is negative.  While joy is creative and positive.

Fear's energy can be complicated, inert or tremendously charged but when charged seems a bizarre admixture of positive and negative energies purposely feeding off of one another to ensure safety. Additionally, fear can bring the powerful animal underneath to the surface, the it factor of do or die.

Last edited by WendyDarling on Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 7:32 am

Maia wrote:
Æon wrote:

Definitely. And while emotions have many causes, one is environment, or, in other words, the energies of a place. Some places are numinous and magical, while others, for no obvious reason at all, have a really negative feeling about them.

How do you grasp energy beyond simple accumulation through focusing?  Laughter seems to gently gather it, making it swirl inward through a funnel.  Spreading energy beyond merely your core but out to the tips of your extremities seems difficult, so if you have any advice, I'm all eyes.
Back to top Go down
Maia

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 8:00 am

WendyDarling wrote:
Maia wrote:
Æon wrote:

How do you grasp energy beyond simple accumulation through focusing?  Laughter seems to gently gather it, making it swirl inward through a funnel.  Spreading energy beyond merely your core but out to the tips of your extremities seems difficult, so if you have any advice, I'm all eyes.

I draw it into myself from the earth, which I kneel down on, and imagine the energy being drawn into my body. It's best to do this regularly, at the same time each day, to get in tune with the natural daily cycle. I can then send it back out again for a specific purpose.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 8:16 am

Fear is the most powerful and primal emotion.  It evolves first in all organic life, because it is the most important addition to the survival instinct.  I believe that only Reproduction (Sex) precedes it, which is not an emotion per se.

Fear is a threat-defense reflex, instinct.  Organisms only need a basic nervous system, which is designed to detect threats.

In humans, your mind has to first register what a phenomenon is, before it is judged a threat.  Your body can do this automatically sometimes, depending on the threat.  Cats will jump scare at cucumbers for example, because they look like a snake.  It triggers the fear response.

Deeper sensations of fear literally freeze an organism in place, which is why I call it negative, not positive.  Goats will play dead, as will basically every animal or organism, insects included, in some fear responses.  When fear overwhelms a person, the body and mind both slow down and stop functioning correctly.  This is also why in combat, or even sports competitions, like MMA fighting, the opponent who is struck with fear, will almost always lose.  Because fear creates hesitance.  It freezes the fighter in place, by which the opponent lands a final blow.
Back to top Go down
Maia

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 8:23 am

Æon wrote:
Fear is the most powerful and primal emotion.  It evolves first in all organic life, because it is the most important addition to the survival instinct.  I believe that only Reproduction (Sex) precedes it, which is not an emotion per se.

Fear is a threat-defense reflex, instinct.  Organisms only need a basic nervous system, which is designed to detect threats.

In humans, your mind has to first register what a phenomenon is, before it is judged a threat.  Your body can do this automatically sometimes, depending on the threat.  Cats will jump scare at cucumbers for example, because they look like a snake.  It triggers the fear response.

Deeper sensations of fear literally freeze an organism in place, which is why I call it negative, not positive.  Goats will play dead, as will basically every animal or organism, insects included, in some fear responses.  When fear overwhelms a person, the body and mind both slow down and stop functioning correctly.  This is also why in combat, or even sports competitions, like MMA fighting, the opponent who is struck with fear, will almost always lose.  Because fear creates hesitance.  It freezes the fighter in place, by which the opponent lands a final blow.

I've always thought it was bit odd how the Greek word for fear, phobia, is also used to mean hate. I might well fear a tiger, but most certainly don't hate it. Similarly, I can hate things without fearing them, though hate is a pretty unpleasant thing to feel and I try to avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 8:35 am

Maia wrote:
I've always thought it was bit odd how the Greek word for fear, phobia, is also used to mean hate. I might well fear a tiger, but most certainly don't hate it. Similarly, I can hate things without fearing them, though hate is a pretty unpleasant thing to feel and I try to avoid it.
Consider it this way.

It doesn't mean that you hate the thing that you fear. It means that you hate yourself, the part of you that fears, because fear leads to anger. It leads to regret, that you were forced to fight or flee. It means that the object of your fear, has power over you. And because it had power over you, you resent it. This is abstracted as 'Resentiment'.

"Fear leads to Anger", as the saying goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 8:37 am

Maia wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Maia wrote:
Æon wrote:

I draw it into myself from the earth, which I kneel down on, and imagine the energy being drawn into my body. It's best to do this regularly, at the same time each day, to get in tune with the natural daily cycle. I can then send it back out again for a specific purpose.

And this technique enables you to spread it around evenly to all areas of your body or are you gathering it in a centralized location?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 8:37 am

Æon wrote:
Maia wrote:
Consider it this way.

It doesn't mean that you hate the thing that you fear.  It means that you hate yourself, the part of you that fears, because fear leads to anger.  It leads to regret, that you were forced to fight or flee.  It means that the object of your fear, has power over you.  And because it had power over you, you resent it.  This is abstracted as 'Resentiment'.

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Maia

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 8:39 am

Æon wrote:
Maia wrote:
Consider it this way.

It doesn't mean that you hate the thing that you fear.  It means that you hate yourself, the part of you that fears, because fear leads to anger.  It leads to regret, that you were forced to fight or flee.  It means that the object of your fear, has power over you.  And because it had power over you, you resent it.  This is abstracted as 'Resentiment'.

Yes, conceivably. I can certainly hate my own failings, given half a chance. It's always best to try and find practical solutions, though.
Back to top Go down
Maia

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 8:42 am

WendyDarling wrote:
Maia wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Maia wrote:
Æon wrote:

And this technique enables you to spread it around evenly to all areas of your body or are you gathering it in a centralized location?

You can do either, or both, as you wish. It's all about conscious direction of the energy to where you want it, by active imagination.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 9:01 am

I guess I have yet to figure out how to align the energy within with the outer energies in a complete way.  I pool it all to my core, not grasping how to disperse, will it, elsewhere.  Nevertheless, it's all fascinating, the energy of active and passive consciousness.
Back to top Go down
Maia

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 11:03 am

WendyDarling wrote:
I guess I have yet to figure out how to align the energy within with the outer energies in a complete way.  I pool it all to my core, not grasping how to disperse, will it, elsewhere.  Nevertheless, it's all fascinating, the energy of active and passive consciousness.

Kneeling on the ground, physically touching the earth, actively imagine the energy being drawn into your body, and then, from the core, send it to all parts, including your extremities. Feel its warmth as you do so, and your skin tingling as it reaches all areas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism? Is magic related to electro-magnetism? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is magic related to electro-magnetism?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2