Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Peace

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dan~~

Peace Empty
PostSubject: Peace Peace EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 3:10 am

I like peace, and the idea of peace, a lot.
But it seems to me, peace is merely a way of being
neutral towards nature.

Of course, one must interfere when needed.
Avoiding damage, loss and death.
But the rest can potentially be neutral.

In a way, reality is also at peace.
It does not strive to attain.
It does not fight to protect itself.
It's neutral.
Reality is neutral.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peace Peace EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 6:48 am

Nature is never at peace.
The world is war, as Heraclitus said.
The world, as experienced by life, is strife and struggle. The world's flux is a challenge to life.
This is the resentment to be surpassed: that which makes us possible is also what causes our death, experienced as need/suffering.

Peace is a way of describing death, or unawareness of flux, i.e., existence.
This mental state doesn't end interactivity it simply makes the individual unaware of what continues on.
Peace leads to atrophy, like a muscle left unstressed.
Peace leads to decay.

You speak of human intent which exposes and multiplies conflicts.
Even here the end of conflict means an end of advancement.
War is when the greatest innovations occur because mother of invention is necessity.
Peace is a reduction of necessity.
Quote :
Of course, one must interfere when needed.
What is needed is never at an end.
Need/Suffering is how life experiences existence.

Reality is objective, in that it is independent from all subjective interpretations and intents.
To become objective is to become- as much as possible - neutral to your own intents and purposes, so as to achieve clarity.
It is not an end in itself - just as asceticism, in the Hellenic traditions, is not an end but a means.
To be a living organism is to have intents, purposes....to will.
Nihilistic intents propose asceticism as an end in itself. A state of duplicity since no such state is possible for a living organism.

You describe Buddhist asceticism - to lose all will, to have no intent, to just be in existence.
But this is impossible without a sheltering system of support. No Buddhist monk would survive for long without villagers feeding and protecting him from wild animals. There is no peace from the world when one hides in the mind.
It is eastern nihilism.

We may say that we are "at peace" with the world, meaning we stoically accept it as it is, we endure its affects upon us.
But even this state of mind is only of the mind. The body is constantly at war with change - flux, interactivity - with gravity, with bacteria....it is never ever at peace.
Contentment is the state where the aggregate energies available to an individual far exceed its requirements, so the mind is not stressed, distressed, bothered.
It can then contemplate existence from an objective point of view, or it can explore itself esoterically.

As I've said
Need = lack.
Desire = excess, by-product of successfully dealing with needs.
Peace would be the absence of both need and desire. The ideal of perfect organic balance - not tilting towards lack nor towards excess.
Since this state is difficult to attain and impossible to maintain, peace refers to a disconnect from reality via mind/body - a meditative state where mind turns inward into itself, becoming unaware of the physical.
But this is no escape, as I indicated above. It is a temporary reprieve- experienced as calm, as invigorating.
Going into the mind does not lead outside existence.
Existence = dynamic, interactive, Flux, i.e., change, conflict.
Interactive = attraction/repulsion.
There is no life, no consciousness, without repulsion, without negation of otherness.  

What Abrahamism is to Hellenism Buddhism is to Hinduism.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

Peace
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1