Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Chris Langan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

Chris Langan Empty
PostSubject: Chris Langan Chris Langan EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 4:37 am

From: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Over the years, I've not heard or read much from him that I fundamentally disagree with. I'll check this video out; it's about his Cognitive Theory of the universe and reality. This is his attempt to 'Quantify' reality, mathematically, and correspond this to consciousness.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

Chris Langan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Langan Chris Langan EmptyTue Jan 10, 2023 3:59 am

Review:

After watching this when posted, I was unimpressed by the end. Langan proposed in his metaphyiscal analysis that matter and things like a wall are 'perceiving' the world. His defense of Christian/Abrahamic belief underlies his physical theories. Also he has a defensiveness about his Egotism, signaling some degree of pretense. In short, I've not seen anything "new" from him. I have read good/accurate political takes from him, quoted, elsewhere. So he does have some common sense. To restate in short, I haven't heard any deep analysis of philosophy or politics that impresses, from Langan yet.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chris Langan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Langan Chris Langan EmptyTue Jan 10, 2023 6:13 am

I came to similar conclusions.....unimpressed.
Sad truth.....intellect is not enough.
Just as necessary is courage - the psychological constitution to accept what you eprcive.....to acknowledge and follow the patterns you perceive to their logical ends.

An impressive analysis would begin with the agency of philosophy - man himself, i.e., his psychology.
Then the medium of philosophy, i.e., semiotics, words/symbols.
Then the world and how the first two align with this third.....and finally one can venture into metaphysics, using the previous three to maintain balance and not to be derailed into romantic idealism, or mysticism and the superstitions of old women and effete men.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Chris Langan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Langan Chris Langan Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Langan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1