Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Satyr

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

Satyr  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyr Satyr  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Quote :
Why I try to relate to Socrates and Plato, these days.

Plato, who posited an unreal world of Forms, perfect and utterly removed from this one. Heraclitus, who posited the Flux, the imperfect, the mutable, the ever-changing.

He was attractive to the Christians because he slandered reality. He is attractive to you for the same reason.

See here:

Quote :
Am I decadent? Yes! (to a degree)

Am I feminized? Yes. (to a degree)

Am I weak? Yes. (to a degree)

"(to a degree)" is you flattering and consoling yourself. You are far more decadent, feminized and weak than you would like to suspect..... and it shows in your behaviour, your tastes and your philosophical pronouncements.

Satyr  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyr Satyr  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:27 pm

apaosha wrote:

Plato, who posited an unreal world of Forms, perfect and utterly removed from this one.

That's what metaphysics is. Memes, the world of ideas and ideals.

Quote :

Heraclitus, who posited the Flux, the imperfect, the mutable, the ever-changing.

Like so many eastern philosophers.

Quote :

He was attractive to the Christians because he slandered reality. He is attractive to you for the same reason.

And what is reality to you?

Quote :

"(to a degree)" is you flattering and consoling yourself. You are far more decadent, feminized and weak than you would like to suspect..... and it shows in your behaviour, your tastes and your philosophical pronouncements.

I've been so fortunate to discover Satyr (but only this year). I read his essay and studied some of it. I am immensely decadent and feminized. I make no illusions to myself about that. But what does it do to wallow in self pity. I put myself out there, like I am and hope to learn from the best. Are you one of the best? Where have you challenged Satyr? Is he the apollonian male ideal? Or is he too feminized to some degree? (Chaotic? Not well ordered?) Strength is measured by weakness. I may be feminized in regards to this forum. In my surroundings I am pretty much alright. I wouldn't say the manliest man around, but okay. Manliness for me is mainly about order. So there is always room for improvement.
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

Satyr  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyr Satyr  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Quote :
Quote :
Plato, who posited an unreal world of Forms, perfect and utterly removed from this one.

That's what metaphysics is. Memes, the world of ideas and ideals.

Quote :
Heraclitus, who posited the Flux, the imperfect, the mutable, the ever-changing.

Like so many eastern philosophers.

Metaphysics are mental models. They refer to the real. They are not real.

A phenomenon is not constantly switching between slightly different variants of itself during the process of causality.

The way in which one conceptualizes reality is a result of ones particular psychological disposition.

The flux implies uncertainty, impermanence, changeability, usurpation. To a certain mind, applying these concepts to the very fabric of reality itself, as metaphysics, is unpalatable.
We have a predisposition to order reality into Thing and Not-Thing, into the binary. These designations carry with them the idea of the perfect Thing, the Ideal as Real. Therefore, Plato suggested that his Forms represented perfect Ideals (mental models) in reality.... that the process of causality represented these Forms being switched out, interchanged for eachother as interactivity occurs.

In effect, it elevated the Ideal above the Real. It slandered Reality. That is why Christianity loved it. All of the various Semetic infections elevate the Ideal above the Real. That is their main common characteristic, over all their mutations they retain this first crucial premise.

A turning away from the world and reality; nihilism.

It is not a matter of the simplistic Order (masculine) versus Chaos (feminine) dichotomy that you seemed to have invented, or picked up from popular culture.

Quote :
And what is reality to you?

Turning the tables is very feminine.

I have a thread called the Infinite Regress of Causality in the Lyceum. That is my metaphysical position.

Quote :
I am immensely decadent and feminized. I make no illusions to myself about that. But what does it do to wallow in self pity. I put myself out there, like I am and hope to learn from the best.

Is this the confessional? Am I your priest? Will I redeem your soul?

Did you come here to be saved?

Look at this:

Quote :
Are you one of the best? Where have you challenged Satyr? Is he the apollonian male ideal? Or is he too feminized to some degree? (Chaotic? Not well ordered?)

Are "the best" those who have challenged Satyr? Supplanted him, maybe? Taken his place?
Become him?

You are being treated gently because you truckle well. But you are still a dog. A little puppy with big, brown pleading eyes.

It is comforting to believe in redemption, as it is in freedom. But you are what you are. Your past determines you, as you are the continuing manifestation of it, it's effect. This past is constantly being added to as you move in time. Your genetics set the range within which you are bound and your experiences set the place within this range that you occupy.

Do not look for a cure here.

Satyr  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyr Satyr  - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:33 am

The "inifnite regress of causality" is part of the Münchhausen trilemma, which is essential for the "theory of knowledge" (Philosophy of Science). At the age of 26, that too, was my metaphysics. Maybe a long with George Spencer-Brown's "Laws of Form".

It was then, when somebody introduced me to the writings of Aleister Crowley and Hubbards Bio "Bare Faced Messiah", that left a strong impression on me and marked a turning point in my life, I do not recommend to everybody. From there on I went quite a bit down the rabbit hole of female wisdom. Until 1,5 years ago, when I realized I had gotten out of balance. It was towards the female end of the spectrum, I realized about a year ago.

Again, I am thankful, that you provide a space like this for Satyr and us other guests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Satyr  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyr Satyr  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Satyr
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: