Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Self-promotion of a blog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Self-promotion of a blog Empty
PostSubject: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:53 pm

shameless self promotion:

My Bizarro flash fiction blog

bizarro tales / flash fiction that I will be writing and updating weekly, I hope you enjoy them. It is art (sort of).

Feel free to tell all your friends about it!

thanks for checking it out!

Last edited by MonoExplosion on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm getting a page broken message.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:16 am

Yeah I didn't check whether I had actually put the link in correctly. sorted it now. thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:56 am

Two new stories are available to be read by those lucky enough to be reading this message!

go to -> leakylibido <- to read them!!! wowzers they are crackingly awesome and good at the same time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:27 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:11 pm

new post at http://leakylibido.wordpress.com/ - twenty seconds to read it, twenty years to hunt me down and slaughter me for assaulting your experience with such bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Another new post. This one involves Leonardo Dicaprio. I know you are all fans of his. Hit the link in the post above to check it out if you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:04 pm

http://leakylibido.wordpress.com/

Good vs. Evil. The classic match-up comes to a viscous head in this piece of flash fiction! Who will triumph?!
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:40 pm

MonoExplosion wrote:
Another new post. This one involves Leonardo Dicaprio. I know you are all fans of his. Hit the link in the post above to check it out if you want.

Nice. It would have been more interesting if you could have explained why that is and why you singled him out. I see his versatility in terms of an astrological archetypical phenomenon.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Lyssa wrote:
MonoExplosion wrote:

Nice. It would have been more interesting if you could have explained why that is and why you singled him out. I see his versatility in terms of an astrological archetypical phenomenon.

Oh shit man... I dunno, just came to me. Not very high-end philosophical stuff I know, but sometimes you play it low and fast, you know? Don't worry, I have been known to entertain higher minded conversation, just burnt out for a while.

Lyssa wrote:
astrological archetypical phenomenon
Ok, you got me hooked. Can you explain this please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Mono> Oh shit man... I dunno, just came to me. Not very high-end philosophical stuff I know, but sometimes you play it low and fast, you know? Don't worry, I have been known to entertain higher minded conversation, just burnt out for a while.

Peak points, plains, and valleys make up for a natural ecology of things, including the thinking/creative process; 'wasn't complaining.

Mono> Ok, you got me hooked. Can you explain this please?

I'm referring to the Scorpio archetype - the only zodiac that comes with a profusion of forms anywhere from the eagle to the lizard.
The word Pluto which rules it is derived from PIE *pleu- wealth, that which flows. The flow into forms and forms that flow...
I trace it to the spirit of the Genius - 'to beget, to produce'... the wealth of the past, the underworld fermenting silently and flowing out...
Hence the hypnotic gaze and the eye piercing out through the times...

"The Egyptians, who accorded great honour to scorpions, recognised the spiritual alliance between the creatures that dwelt beneath the earth and the magical, alchemical processes of life, death and regeneration. The most blessed state was to be born in a 'rich compost' of power, and the black, fertile mud of the Nile delta was their Prima Materia, the bubbling melting pot of creativity where decomposing elements underwent an attractive reaction that allowed the emergence of new life. Their word for this black, muddy earth was Kemit, adopted as khemia by the Greeks, and eventually forming the basis of the word alchemy which has dropped its spiritual dimension - but not its power to transmute and create - in the modern word chemistry."

The Plutonic archetype doesn't hesitate to stamp and trample upon the most beautiful and pristine concepts in the world, it preserves and sentimentalizes nothing,,, that's the way it knows to fertilize things. Pluto is trans-form-ative; it is against things that simply exist. It is Obsessed with life - polarized between eros and thanatos, the death instinct. This is what makes it so arrogant and proud and insecure and ever restless and neuro-tic, inflexible, pushing itself to that edge of perfection... people often mistake this insecurity for discontent with life and oneself, but its a seething pride boiling against the view that life should be 'forgiven' for something or one should 'forgive' oneself! for something, anything...
How many deaths, forms, roles it can erupt into like a volcano and fertilize life, counts as an orgasm. Hence the scorp. assoctn. with birth, sex, death, rebirth. The scorpion is the only animal in the zod. capable of suicide; reflecting in power plays with Itself.
Obsession, control over minute things, precision, perfection, concentrating, pulling and drawing everything towards itself, honor, self-worth and dignity before everything else, reflect its 'hunger' and 'death' drive. It is ruthless and doesn't understand weakness, vulnerability, flexibility and softness. It is instinctively enraged by such things. It abhors change, having to budge even one step come what may, whatever loss... to relinquish control is death, and yet it craves this very death, discomfort, disadv., because it needs that much to resist against. Conflict is how it stabilizes and expresses itself. It only understands honesty. It only understands overwhelming and being overwhelmed; it is all the honesty of a Power economy; and so anything else becomes a compromise to it. Its a kind of violent love;

"What others may detect as simmering intensity is only what leaks out of the glistening black shell of the scorpion. Scorpio intensity results from the motivation to get to know things deeply, instinctively, and completely. Scorpio energy would prefer to go 120% with every endeavor. The intensity loves deeply, and will remain steadfast in commitment."

"Traditionally governed by Mars, where Mars dominates there is little interest in compromise; the impulse is for active attack or strategic defence, whatever it takes to avoid yielding one inch more than necessary.
But the direct, active principle of Mars is sublimated in its nocturnal expression, and like all water signs Scorpios seldom instigate attacks, preferring to hold their power in reserve. This undercurrent of unexpressed energy is the basis of an almost tangible magnetism, a sense of power embedded in the aura that reveals itself expressly when their acute defensive instinct is stirred; their natural resilience makes them seem practically impassable."

"Pluto challenges us to look death in the eye, let go and be transformed, in order to eventually "touch the underlying deathlessness of pure awareness".

"Scorpio motives embody the desire to consume oneself, to destroy oneself, to tear down the emotional structures that no longer spur growth, and to build new mechanisms that can create new life, a new world."

"For those who insist on denying it in confrontation, it can cause intolerable pain, for its force is the combination of Fire [Mars] and Ice [Pluto], which sears and reopens wounds long since buried and hidden from view. At all times its function is cleansing and purifying, like the knife of a surgeon, penetrating to the quick of a wound and removing disease that, if left, can fester and scar the soul."

To shed a 'body' and take on 'another' is like their first nature.

Acting then becomes very 'Personal' to them in the literal sense.
Its intensities can be so overwhelming, the time it takes to articulate into words is experienced as an agony; it sends its voice to death and bursts into a charisma... its whole body becomes a means of communication. And so you can feel their presence lingering even after the movie is over. Everything appears magnified to them and they magnify everything...

"The instinctual impulses of Scorpio energy are purely emotional, working like radar, pulsating emotional charges into a room, an environment, a relationship, and into sex; and then adeptly gaining a detailed emotional landscape from the reflecting sonar waves. Scorpio energy detects the slightest nuances of emotional energy emitted by life, people, and energy. The information relayed from this “emotional sonar” is beyond word, definition, and often the case, verbal expression."

"Scorpios truly live among emotions rather than in the intellect. This is not to say Scorpio is not intellectual, but that the intellect, the mind, reason, rational thinking, and perception are all filtered through the elaborate and intensely focused lens of emotions."

"The true Scorpion nature finds themselves emotionally involved in everything, not just relationships. The subconscious urgency to get in touch with the depth of every situation, applies in all aspects of their life."

Being an Actor, accentuates its naturality - getting to the bottom of things, of a character, doing what it likes doing best - digging deep beneath the surface in masks. Acting becomes a natural medium for its instinctive drive towards a catharsis. It is so self-fixed that it is able to transform and experiment and die a hundred times and endure any amount of suffering and passion and emotional debris and wreckage and come out stronger and more versatile, because no amount of emptiness is abysmal enough. The Plutonic is a parallel life/death instinct and the symbolic of the ER of the Same...

"Despite apparent metamorphoses, Scorpios do not change; they always resemble themselves."

Cf.
http://www.inter-disciplinary.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/hevroydpaper.pdf

The above is an ideal description; I see Leo. fitting somewhere in that wide range, since his moon is ascendant in Libra; and that reflects his need for balance in his roles.

I think the foll. could be the closest Scorp. anthem of The Actor:

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:44 pm

My retarded story inspired by the droste effect...

http://leakylibido.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/anomie-droste/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:57 pm

this one's a weird one about a stalker unlike any other...

the man who became a...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-promotion of a blog Self-promotion of a blog Empty

Back to top Go down

Self-promotion of a blog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1