Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Esotericism 101

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Esotericism 101 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:46 am

Lyssa wrote:

Because life is all about abundance, life is all about Discrimination and Selectivity. Mann does not make it to me!

He was Bourgeoisie. New rich, old rich, I don't know. He won the noble price for his "Buddenbrooks" a novel about the decline of a merchant family. I read his "Zauberberg" only after seeing the movie. Then I was calm enough to not expect any kind of "action" in the book. His language is probably the most distinguished anywhere in the world. I am interested in him again, because he was a Nietzsche scholar and Wagner. I link Hitler very much to Wagners music. The whole fatalism of Nazism, that Nietzsche criticised too about Wagner. Then of course the attraction to Wagners music on the other side. I'd like to get more distinguished in this subject. I ordered "Letters and Diary of Nietzsche" from the 1880's. It's just the style of WTP that annoys me. I honour N..

Quote :

Yes, why not. You've been working so hard. Anyone redfining Philosophy as self-therapeutic psychiatry deserves some time off!

Thanks. I never claimed to be a Philosopher. In fact I wouldn't consider myself a Philosopher.

Quote :

Philosophy is not for everybody.
Those who just want to get by in the world... - this is not It.

Who would you consider a Philosopher today? Philosophy sounds "ancient" to me.

Quote :

He was already mad since his childhood.

And I love him. Just not as much as I used to. But I ordered his diary/letters. (I read some of that about 10 years ago.)
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Laconian wrote:

Quote :

Yes, why not. You've been working so hard. Anyone redfining Philosophy as self-therapeutic psychiatry deserves some time off!

Thanks. I never claimed to be a Philosopher. In fact I wouldn't consider myself a Philosopher.

I didn't call you as one. Gathering information, musing over things, stumbling, groping in the dark, self-healing is part of a philosophical Activity - which is what you are engaged in; doesn't necessarily make one a philosopher though.

Quote :
Who would you consider a Philosopher today? Philosophy sounds "ancient" to me.

Yes, I can't think of any "Philosopher" today [leaving aside our own resident Philsopher here! - I regard him highly and one in the true and ancient sense.]
I get Heidegger, but the last was prob. Hitler to me.
But there are wonderful commentators, goaders, thinkers, scholars today who are the Necessary connecting dots to the Philosophers of the Future...
Perhaps "You" might like David Myatt - his writings on the Numinous Way; look him up.

Quote :

Quote :

He was already mad since his childhood.

And I love him. Just not as much as I used to. But I ordered his diary/letters. (I read some of that about 10 years ago.)
[/quote]

N. triumphs over Xt. and has a left a Ruling Phil. because his only weapon was "Health". He philosophized with his Excess.
N. cannot be overcome intellectually because he does not use intellectual gimmicks; only someone with Greater Health than him can overcome him. That is the gauntlet he has thrown; it reveals how he wishes to be "defeated", "overcome", "criticized"... one finds it touching how he's styled his exit, what charm and manners, the care and self-reverence in being taken down, how cleverly he designed his "enemies"... a wicked delight..

And for me, that's where the small hole opens up. N.'s ER to bring the herd and the strong into a common platform to provoke a war is really an appeal to their pride. His creativity ultimately is an Appeal, a banking that each would respond out of different motives. Which is perfect. There is no flaw. Given his circumstances, the climate and course of history he was facing, he feared the herd and its technological values would sweep over like a carpet, diminishing the chances of man as a species itself. He had foreseen that much.
As a woman, I understand he did what he needed to do. Coursing through life is knowing when to pull and push the currents, oaring, using whatever at hand or creating whatever possible as a weapon... the ER was such.
But, if I were a man, I should be enraged!!! that preserving the probability of the human-species should rest on an Appeal to Man's Pride!
The last thread...
I should be enraged because it is not Bleak enough for me!!!

This is where Satyr comes in. If I have understood him, he states, patriarchy has its own flaws, and so the only kind of noble monogamy that would create men of sturdy character would be if the women were discriminating, selective. Its the only other way a monogamy can emerge, a stable institution that can breed stable men, before a technopoly takes over and even women or the need for women are made redundant.
Satyr doesn't Appeal; he hints at the quality of women.
Satyr Shifts the nightmare placing it in the domain of women. How Bleak!!!!!! How Sexy!!!! than N.'s for one who understands the nature of women. I see a shift from Man's Pride to Women's Pride. What a huge Gamble!! although he wouldn't want to call it a gamble.

Satyr doesn't feel the need to appeal to anyone's pride, to Appeal per se. What Han!! He IS his own model, his own Oasis, that 'should' create the Thirst. He is his own model, making no appeals, in a world that is veering towards a gender annihilation. N. had to create a Thirst, a need to awaken men through a concept, an ER device, a real-istic psychological Appeal - "If I loved myself, I would want to recur again and again and so I have to will-to-power, have to dominate". N. has to place man in such a paradigm first before he can get them to move.

Satyr IS the Thirst. He banks on nothing except himself!, his own Be-ing to Intimate what Being Human must mean - that one rely on nothing but oneself, even in the face of worst odds. One doesn't make appeals, no "If a demon came to you at night..."...
Even if the end is going to be doomed, he wants to say "I should be enough of a model" for men to want to be men. Satyr being himself Is the Philosophy, than his philosophy.
He doesn't locate others in an appealing paradigm. He "wants to be" enough. And by that he wants to make men "who want to be enough".
N.'s Future Philosophers would be Ruling-Legislators, Artist-Tyrants working on humanity with Machiavellian Intelligence, growing more sophisticated in proportion to the equally growing cunning and cleverness of the herd.
Satyr's Philosophers would Rule others in their Indifference - "How Lightly Can One Live?"...
From a woman's view, they appear complementary, fantastic.
From a man's view, one should say, Satyr has "Health"; it "overcomes" N. in my eyes, although this would make Satyr say who the f--- is N.! LOL he knows he is Hot!
He expects criticism from me! He can't see how similar he and N. are, how they both employ Health to tackle them. Its what makes them both Satyrs.
If I as a man, were to criticize him, I'd have to open up a breach, between him and 'doomsday'....
I'd have to find a way to "overcome" even this "Banking" on himself, avoiding the immediate resignation to any faith or fate to that side.
I'd have to find a bleaker view... that is how My Health would be asserted... that is How I would "overcome" and choose to "overcome" him... make it a question of sheer Heart. And I would Do it.

But I'm a woman [luckily!!! Ha!], and I don't believe in women being philosophers. So I don't mind if anyone calls me a N.-worshipper, or a Satyr-sheeple. What does it matter...

My criticism in the end can only amount to Where I suffer, than what...
And that's how I choose to distinguish myself.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:05 pm

My "philosophers" are Goethe & Nietzsche and some more poetic or literary writers of the 20th Century (Kafka, Manfred Kyber, Meyrink...)

I translate something I just read in N's 1880's diaries:

'1. We want to hold on to our senses and believe in them and think them through! The anti-sensuality of Philosophy up to this point is the biggest absurdity of man.'

I tried some of the Philosophers before N., that he refers to. But except for Goethe none appeal to me. I am interested in Foucault and Deleuze, of the more recent past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:17 am

Take the analytical philosophy. I admire that and want to understand Heidegger. The metaphysicist. Take all these descriptions of flux, the constant change, the constant movement, transformation. For easterners that is a given. That's why they BUILD on it and reach deeper layers of understanding. Unlike westerners who describe it and teach it to one another. I agree that westerners (white race) have more scientific drive. And the achievements are greater too. Easterners are more focussed on introspection. Not power, making the world theirs. But it happens anyway (to some degree). Since the inner spaces and outer spaces aren't different in reality (anymore).
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Quote :

Take the analytical philosophy. I admire that and want to understand Heidegger. The metaphysicist. Take all these descriptions of flux, the constant change, the constant movement, transformation. For easterners that is a given. That's why they BUILD on it and reach deeper layers of understanding. Unlike westerners who describe it and teach it to one another. I agree that westerners (white race) have more scientific drive. And the achievements are greater too. Easterners are more focussed on introspection. Not power, making the world theirs. But it happens anyway (to some degree). Since the inner spaces and outer spaces aren't different in reality (anymore).

If you want to understand Heidegger, take the indirect approach. Start with Ister, Elucidations on Holderlin's poetry, and Parmenides.
Then his thoughts on N.
Then his work Being and Time, etc.

Your east/west bifurcation is irrelevant, or atleast I can't see any value. See Thomas McEvilley's 'Shape of Ancient Thought'; you will like it. [Not all academics and scholars are leftists; that's your own narrow-minded bias.] One could maybe see this divide as male/female temperaments.
I though, slice the philosophical schools only as pagan/non-pagan.

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:38 pm

I would suggest Heraclitus.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 am

You two both represent the 5th card of the Great Arcana in the Tarot. It's the High-Priest. The Hierophant. I am dealing with the 4th stage at the moment: the Emperor.

The High-Priest: He is the Hierophant. The herald of the law. A teacher of the law. Of the knowledge. "Only who subordinates himself under the law is free."

The next card (6th) is the "Crossroads". Or "at the crossroads". Or "the Lovers". It's a card that makes a decision in the world of polarity. To not stay stuck in the solidification: We have to move, to decide, so that activity comes in our development. We have to realize that we must decide for a path. One way or the other. We can't have both ways at the same time (see my Avatar picture: either the faces or the grail).
It's the clarity, that every one-sidedness must be balanced at some point. And still NOT stand still, but choose. "I have to decide. I have to become one-sided, but I also have to balance it out at a given time."

But in the Tarot there are different journeys. You don't necessarily go card by card in the Great Arcana. So according to my above estimation (Priest) you are either on the Isis Journey, or the Fool's Journey (which I'll not explain).

The Isis Journey would suggest your next step to be the (8th card): the Scale. It's about justice. Justness. It's about realizing that justice is equilibrium. It's the Karma-scale. Like at the judgement of the dead in ancient Egypt. It's the stage of realizing equilibrium within yourself.

My next step (Osiris' Journey) is the charioteer (7th card), who has made the world of forms a means of transportation. It's also an active step towards life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 pm

[quote="Lyssa"]
Laconian wrote:

Medusa represents the excess of nature, the abysmal self within one - the fascinating beauty as well the tremendous monstrosity. One cannot transgress the nature inside without facing the consequences of it out and vice-versa. It is a confrontation with the Self, where looking too deeply inside you, can overwhelm you into a stupor,

She can also represent one's opposite who is actually a mirror reflection. I think Jung wrote about this before. I find the Medusa symbol rather fascinating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:30 pm

So the difference between "The Emperor"(4) and "the Highpriest"(5) is that the emperor is a teacher. That's the most important difference.

The numbers I might add are significant here too. 4 and 5. 4 is the law. 5 is resonance (like in the pentagram). 4 is magnetism.

But I will tell you about the next card on the "Fool's journey" also, in case that may be yours (it's not mine).

The Hermit. (9th card). The Wanderer, the magician. Inner solitute. And an inner light that guides him. That is knowledge and guide.
His walking-stick represents the teachings, the tradition. The magician at this point comes into the world completely. Into life completely.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Laconian wrote:
You two both represent the 5th card of the Great Arcana in the Tarot. It's the High-Priest. The Hierophant. I am dealing with the 4th stage at the moment: the Emperor.

I neither see myself, nor Satyr as the Hierophant.

He is like the Magus to me.
"How carefully a wise ruler chooses his words. He performs deeds, and accumulates
merit! Under such a ruler the people think they are ruling themselves." [Tao, Verse 17]

And I don't believe in these linear tarot-operations like you do.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Lyssa wrote:

I guess everybody MUST be the Magus, to get started on the journey. The Tarot is his journey in either case. It's the most basic card.

He's got his tools before him: the four elements. Water, Fire, Earth and Air.
The stage of life lies before him.

The Fool is the 0 or the 22nd card. So he might precede the Magus, in one perspective. He is the most superior card.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Laconian wrote:
Lyssa wrote:

I guess everybody MUST be the Magus, to get started on the journey. The Tarot is his journey in either case. It's the most basic card.

He's got his tools before him: the four elements. Water, Fire, Earth and Air.
The stage of life lies before him.

The Fool is the 0 or the 22nd card. So he might precede the Magus, in one perspective. He is the most superior card.

Its why I said, I don't interpret this in a linear continuity. The Fool in the Fool's journey is like the joker in the pack of cards, a substitute for any other - meant to symbolize he is Nothing [clings to nothing] and therefore he is/can be Everything. It is why the Jester's cap in the royal court was the opp. of the King's crown - it is subversive - bearing both the structure of a King's *and* not also. This *and* that - that Han point.
No one brings this out better than Shulman's book 'King and the Clown' - its a classic. Although the setting is India, the archetype is universal.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Nice post, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:42 pm

89 535972647.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:18 pm

ghosttroll wrote:
89 535972647.
Keep it up.
The Dungeon awaits.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Know thy self, Know thy Devil. 
Satyr. Satire. Saphire. DuhFIA!!!!!!!!!!!
yu da man. yu da man, sun!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Me happiez to join da dunjun. I like torture Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:53 pm

This ain't Esotericism, that's bullshit (BTW. I'm drunk - well, acting like I'm drunk). I knowz more Esotericism than all ya bitches!!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esotericism 101 Esotericism 101 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Esotericism 101
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA :: LYCEUM-
Jump to: