Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Things to Read

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

Things to Read - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 1:40 pm

Good articles.

There is no question for me that Putin is smarter than Trump and already has intentions of using Trump's blind ambitions to his advantage to expand Russian occupancy in Syria and the baltics.

Trump stands to be exploited by many foreign powers. He has no real understanding of what NATO is or how it works and that's going to hurt him. All he has is a 'vision' of American Nationalism.

The revolutionary "movement" excitement and hype of his win is still being promoted by Farage and others, but it doesn't mean anything anymore as reality always reveals itself after the dust settles.
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Mmmh, I actually support Trump in his moves. I hope the USA will finally isolate itself voluntarily and withdraw its forces from Europe. Instead of facing a big humilation. He is a very clever man, as how I see him. Spontaneous.

This might have some consequences of Russian political dominance in Europe, but that's better than British.

What Putin does in Syria, I support. But of course it is just smart playing as 'the good guys' to secure natural resources and allies. Most people only see the actions, but do not consider the intentions.

And struck thy sword to my heart."

2. "The Noble Hart | my name, and I go
A motherless man abroad;
Father I had not, | as others have,
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 2:48 pm

Trumpism i believe will be ushered in as a new American political outlook. It is a distinctly modern form of nationalism with many liberal undercurrents, some more pronounced than others.

But, Politics aside, i think Trump is without question a man of immense Will and resilience. He has to be given credit for his reserve. There should be a greater focus and interest not on his personality, but now as a symbol of what he has become.
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 6:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

''Stupidity'' is survival / intellectual extension

And struck thy sword to my heart."

2. "The Noble Hart | my name, and I go
A motherless man abroad;
Father I had not, | as others have,
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 8:20 am

OhFortunae wrote:

''Stupidity'' is survival / intellectual extension

This pretension is a corollary of social cooperation and especially civility. To maintain group consensus for practical purposes of acceptance. A behavioral tribal instinct.

Placating others has to be one of the simplest things in the world. Most are naturally gullible and impressionable; you smile at the right times, say the right things and they are content with your company. It's so simple it gets very dull and exhausting, which is why i prefer to be alone. For me, social interaction is like a switch i turn on when needed. In the workplace, in public arenas, etc.

Placating is also a way to disarm. If you exude an agreeable attitude and go along with whatever the other thinks or feels they are more likely to expose themselves in a natural way. For example, humor is a male's best attribute to seduce females because it eases their sexual defenses and inhibitions and makes them feel good, hence, most women love men with a sense of humor. Conflict raises defenses and agreeableness lowers them. It all depends on what you want to achieve.

It's when conflicts with certain values or principles come into play, that this game of pretension becomes difficult.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Message sent to Atilio Novio, by Apius, concerning the Greeks.
Menenius, Apius wrote:

Είναι περίεργο, ότι μια πόλη, η Ρώμη, πως έφθασε να κυβερνά από τον Περσικό κόλπο έως τη Μαυριτανία, από τους Αιθίοπες ως την Καληδονία, δηλαδή από τη Βρετανία ως το Ιράκ, ως την Περσία, από την Αφρική έως και την Ευρώπη.
Όμως σ’ αυτούς τους λαούς έχουμε υποχρέωση να τους παρέχουμε ασφάλεια και ευημερία. Ο πρώτος, που το εφάρμοσε αυτό, ήταν ο Αλέξανδρος. Ευτυχώς που πέθανε νέος, γιατί δε θα μπορούσαμε να κυριαρχήσουμε εμείς.
Πρέπει να κατασκευάζουμε υδραγωγεία, δρόμους, γέφυρες και τεχνικά έργα που κάνουν τη ζωή των ανθρώπων πιο άνετη. Πρέπει ακόμα να προάγουμε τη μόρφωση, τη σοφία, την ποίηση και την τέχνη στις δυτικές επαρχίες, γιατί αλλού το έπραξαν και το πράττουν και τώρα ακόμα οι Έλληνες.
Μάθε φίλτατέ μου Ατίλιε, για να είμαστε κοσμοκράτορες πρέπει να είμαστε και ιππότες στη συμπεριφορά μας.
Οι Έλληνες είναι πιο εγωιστές από μας και από όλα τα έθνη. Κατά το ρητό του Πρωταγόρα για τους Έλληνες «Πάντων χρημάτων μέτρον» και εννοούσε το Έλληνα. Ο Έλληνας είναι άτομο αδέσμευτο, αυθαίρετο, ατίθασο και ελεύθερο. Υψώνει το εγώ του. Αυτοί πρώτοι οι Έλληνες σκέφθηκαν πηγαία.
Χάρη σ’ αυτούς τους Έλληνες σκεφτόμαστε κι εμείς. Βλέπουμε με τα μάτια τα δικά τους. Η σκέψη των Ελλήνων δεν μπαγιατεύει, είναι πάντα επίκαιρη και δροσερή.
Το μυαλό των Ελλήνων είναι η πηγή του καλού και του κακού. Το μυαλό τους δημιούργησε ιδανικά πολιτικά συστήματα, αλλά το εγώ τους καταστρέφει ακόμα και έργα και πολιτείες. Ο Έλληνας με τον εγωισμό του καταπατεί και έργα τέχνης και ιδανικά έργα. Τότε που ήταν οι Έλληνες στην καταστροφική τους τάση, τους κυριαρχήσαμε. Εμείς τους κατηγορούμε αλλά άδικα, αυτοί ήταν οι πρωτοπόροι του πολιτισμού.
Ο Έλληνας περιφρονεί το νόμο. Δεν παραδέχεται άλλη κρίση μόνο τη δικιά του. Δεν πιστεύει στο νόμο, παρά μόνο αν τον συμφέρει ατομικά. Αλλάζουν νόμους κάθε τόσο κι αν δεν μπορούν, τους αντιμετωπίζουν εχθρικά, μεταχειριζόμενοι τη βία ή το δόλο. Επινοούν σοφιστικούς λόγους και οι νόμοι τους γίνονται ράκη.
Ο Έλληνας έχει αδύναμη μνήμη στα δεινά των πολιτικών. Είναι ευκολόπιστος. Δεν είναι σταθερός. Είναι ανυπόμονος. Μόλις δυσκολέψουν λίγο τα πράγματα, κάνει μεταρρυθμίσεις στους νόμους.
Για να σαγηνεύσεις την εκκλησία του Δήμου μιας ελληνικής πόλης, δώσε υποσχέσεις και θα τους έχεις με το μέρος σου. Μ’ αυτές χορταίνουν οι Έλληνες. Ανάμεσα σε λίγους Έλληνες θα βρεις εύκολα ένα Αλκιβιάδη (εννοείται επιπόλαιο και αλλοπρόσαλλο) που επάνω από την πατρίδα του ο Έλληνας βάζει το εγώ του, το ατομικό του συμφέρον.
Οι Έλληνες λίγα πράγματα σέβονται. Δίκαιος είναι ένας νόμος, αν τους εξυπηρετεί. Την ολότητα, το συμφέρον της ολότητας δεν το λογαριάζουν. Αλλά κι εμείς οι Ρωμαίοι φοβάμαι, ότι θα καταντήσουμε ατομιστές. Όμως οι Έλληνες στο κατήφορο είναι πρωταγωνιστές δηλαδή προς το κακό σπεύδουν γρηγορότερα, ενώ προς το καλό οδοιπορούν αργά.
Καλέ μου Νάβιε, ο Έλληνας για το συμπολίτη του αδιαφορεί, αλλά αν το πράξει, το κάνει για να δείξει την υπεροχή του. Όμως για τους ξένους ενδιαφέρεται για να δείξει τον ανώτερο πολιτισμό του.
Ποτέ ο Έλληνας δεν παραδέχεται την αξία του ομότεχνου του, αν δε του δοθεί η ευκαιρία, τον απαξιώνει. Δεν χαίρεται για τον έπαινο των άλλων, όμως επιχαίρει για τον ψόγο του άλλου ή των άλλων.
Ο Έλληνας είναι εγωκεντρικός. Όταν ένας συμπολίτης του δεν αναγνωρίζεται, αδιαφορεί με το σκεπτικό, ότι αφού δεν αναγνωρίζομαι εγώ, ας μείνει κι αυτός στην αφάνεια. Ακόμα και τους νεκρούς τους αφήνουν ατίμητους οι Έλληνες.
Το μίσος για τους Έλληνες είναι ηδονισμός. Η συναδέλφωση στους Έλληνες γίνεται, όταν συμπίπτουν τα συμφέροντά τους.
Τώρα κι εμείς οι Ρωμαίοι βαδίζουμε προς το δρόμο των Ελλήνων. Και οι δικοί μας εγωισμοί γίνονται ωμότεροι και βιαιότεροι και θα σκεπάσουν στο μέλλον τη Ρώμη. Ο Έλληνας εφεύρε τρόπους να εκδηλώνει το φθόνο του, να γκρεμίζει τον καλύτερό του. Από τη δολοφονία προτιμά τη συκοφαντία, είναι κι αυτός ένας φόνος διακριτικός. Του αρέσει η ατίμωση. Οι Έλληνες είναι φιλότεχνοι, αλλά και δημιουργοί του καλού και του κακού λόγου. Μιλάνε υποθετικά για κείνον που θέλουν να διώξουν και τον σκοτώνουν χωρίς να το δολοφονούν. Η συκοφαντία είναι το αγχέμαχο όπλο τους.
Ο Έλληνας πιστεύει μόνο στη δική του γνώμη, ο δε ηγέτης δε θέλει να ακούσει και τη γνώμη των άλλων που το έργο θα γίνει τελειότερο, διότι το έργο για να τελειωθεί, πρέπει να το δουλέψουν κι άλλοι, ενώ ο Έλληνας θέλει μόνο το δικό του όνομα να ταυτιστεί με το έργο. Σε πρώτη θέση μπαίνει το εγώ και σε δεύτερο το έργο.
Οι Έλληνες πάσχουν από εγωπάθεια γι’ αυτό κι εμείς οι Ρωμαίοι που ήμασταν κατώτεροί τους, καταφέραμε και πήραμε την εξουσία από τα χέριά τους, ενώ αυτοί ήταν κοσμοκράτορες.
Κάθε έργο πρέπει να είναι συλλογικό και σε διαδοχικές γενιές να τελειώνει για να έχει μακρόχρονη πνοή. Τα έργα πρέπει να είναι υπερπροσωπικά. Η πολιτική σκέψη στην Ελλάδα λείπει. Ο ένας πολιτικός φθείρει τον άλλο μέχρι εξοντώσεως με συνεχή σύγκρουση. Οι Έλληνες έχουν σκέψη δυνατή και αγωνιστική διάθεση. Όμως έχουν άρρωστο χαρακτήρα. Δεν ενώνονται για να γίνει ένα έργο, αυτοκαταστρέφονται.
Γι’ αυτό οι Έλληνες υπέφεραν δεινά και θα υποφέρουν στο μέλλον τα οποία οφείλονται στη φιλοπρωτία που είναι η νόμιμη θυγατέρα του εγωισμού τους.
Μήπως υπερβάλλω γι’ αυτά που λέω για το θαυμαστό γένος των Ελλήνων; Αλλά και αυτούς που διάβασα τον Αριστοφάνη, το Δημοσθένη, τον Ευριπίδη, το Θεόφραστο, τον Επίκουρο, το Ζήνωνα και το Χρύσιππο βεβαιώνουν περίπου τα ίδια, άρα δεν είμαι άδικος. Την ύβριν οι Έλληνες την ξέχασαν. Όταν οι Έλληνες επιδιώκουν ισότητα δεν είναι, διότι θέλουν δικαιοσύνη, αλλά ο άλλος να μην υπερέχει απ’ αυτούς. Μια και εγώ δεν αξίζω να ανεβώ υψηλοτέρα, τότε να μην ανέβεις κι εσύ. Ο Έλληνας γεννιέται με την τάση της υπεροχής.
Οι Έλληνες είναι αφεντάδες της γνώσης και καυχώνται πολύ. Επαινούν τη δικιά τους αρετή, το δικό τους προτέρημα και υποτιμούν τα κατορθώματα των άλλων ή τις αρετές των συμπολιτών τους. Οι Έλληνες έχουν πάθη. Οι περισσότεροι δε διδάσκονται από τα λάθη των κυβερνητών και των πολιτικών ηγεμόνων της ιστορίας τους και κάνουν τα ίδια λάθη και θα συνεχίσουν να κάνουν.
Ο τόπος των Ελλήνων είναι μακάριος, όμως οι Έλληνες δεν αφήνουν τον ηγέτη να κυβερνήσει, αλλά θέλουν οι γύρω του εκ του αφανούς να κυβερνούν αυτοί. Οι Έλληνες μπορεί να είναι εγωπαθείς, αλλά έχουν και καλές πλευρές. Έχουν προοδέψει στο λόγο, στη σοφία, στην ποίηση, στις τέχνες, στις επιστήμες, στο εμπόριο και στον πόλεμο ακόμα κι από όλα αυτά αναβλύζει η δόξα τους.
Εμένα οι Έλληνες με γοητεύουν, είναι οι δάσκαλοί μου. Όμως όσο ο χρόνος περνά η δόξα των Ελλήνων μικραίνει κι ακόμα εξ αιτίας των ελαττωμάτων τους θα μικραίνει. Ο εγωισμός κάνει τους Έλληνες καλούς στρατιώτες, γενναίους, ριψοκίνδυνους και τολμηρούς, αλλά δεν εκμεταλλεύονται τη δόξα τους.
Μη νομίσεις Ατίλιε, ότι όλες αυτές οι κρίσεις που γράφω είναι δικές μου, τις διδάχτηκα από τον Επίκτητο.
Νέος άκουσα τον Επίκτητο να λέει, ότι οι Έλληνες κάποτε είχαν ένα κόσμο, την Ατλαντίδα που την κάλυψαν τα νερά του ωκεανού, ήταν κόσμος προοδευμένος.
Τους Έλληνες μην τους κατηγορείς μπροστά τους ή συνεχώς, γιατί, αν ξυπνήσει η περηφάνια τους, γίνονται αμείλικτοι διώκτες. Οι Έλληνες έχουν υπεροψία, αλλά και φιλοτιμία πρωτοφανή. Τώρα είναι γκρεμισμένοι ευγενείς. Έχουν σωρεία αντιφάσεων. Άλλες ώρες είναι Έλληνες κι άλλες γραικύλοι, τιποτένιοι, παράδοξοι.
Μη δώσεις ποτέ στον Έλληνα την εντύπωση, ότι του αφαίρεσες την ελευθερία. Άφησέ τον να φωνάζει, να θορυβεί, να εκφράζει την πολιτική του μανία, έως εκεί που δεν θίγονται τα συμφέροντα της αυτοκρατορίας μας. Να χρησιμοποιείς αυτούς που διαφωνούν εναντίον εκείνων που αντιδρούν. Οι διαταγές προς τους Έλληνες δεν ωφελούν, χρησιμοποίησε το διάλογο. Δίνε την εντύπωση, ότι υποχωρείς. Μην απειλείς τους Έλληνες με τις λεγεώνες.
Μην κάνεις τον παλληκαρά στους ηγήτορες των πόλεων. Άφησέ τους να κάνουν μόνοι τους ελιγμούς. Ακόμα τρέφονται με την οπτασία των περασμένων μεγαλείων τους. Μην πολύ επεμβαίνεις στα εσωτερικά των πόλεών τους.

Translation...
Quote :
It is strange that a city, Rome, that arrived to take command of the Persian Gulf to Mauritania, by the Ethiopians as the Caledonia, namely from Britain in Iraq, as Persia, from Africa to and Europe.
But in these nations have an obligation to provide their security and prosperity. The first, who applied it, was Alexander. Fortunately he died young because we could not have dominated.
We need to build aqueducts, roads, bridges and structures that make people's lives more comfortable. We still need to promote culture, wisdom, poetry and art in the western provinces because the Greeks still do so, as they once did.
Learn my beloved Attilio, to be rulers should be knights in our behavior.
The Greeks are the most selfish of us and of all nations.
In the saying of Protagoras for the Greeks ‘All money measure’ and meant the Greeks.
The Greek person is unbound, arbitrary, untamed and free. He raises his ego. These Greeks first speculated from the source.
Thanks to them the Greeks we think. We see with their own eyes. Greek thinking is never stale, it is always up to date and fresh.
The mind of the Greeks is the source of good and evil. Their mind has created ideal political systems, but their ego destroyed projects and states. Greek ego violates art and perfect works. When the Greeks were in their destructive phase, we dominated them.
We blame but unjustly, they were the pioneers of civilization.
The Greek flout the law. He accepts no judgment, other than his own.
He does not believe in the law, unless it is in his favour. Changing laws every now and then, and if they cannot they face them as their enemy, treating them with violence or deceit. They invent sophisticated excuses, tearing their laws into rags.
The Greek has a weak memory, concerning the suffering of policies. He is easily swayed, and inconsistent. He is impatient. With the slightest difficulty he reforms the laws.
To seduce the church of a Greek municipality, give promises and you will have them on your side. With promises the Greeks are content. Among the Greeks you will easily find an Alcibiades (meant frivolous and erratic), someone who puts his ego and his personal interests above his country.
The Greeks respect few things.
Righteous is a law, if it serves them. The whole, the interests of the whole they do not respect.
But I fear that we, the Romans, will also become individualists.
The Greeks are protagonists on the slope downwards, towards evil they rush, and towards good they trek slowly.
My dear Novio, the Greek is indifferent toward his fellow citizen, but if he shows interest it is to show his superiority.
But towards foreigners he shows interest so as to expose his superior culture.
Never will a Greek admit the value of his fellow-craftsmen, and if given the opportunity he will discredit him. Never pleased with the praise of others, but welcoming the reproach of other or others.
The Greek is egocentric. When a fellow citizen is not recognized, he remains indifferent, on the grounds that if he was not recognized, then let the other remain obscure. Even their dead they leave unrecognized.
Hatred for the Greeks is a pleasure. Brotherhood Greeks make only when their interests coincide.
Now we Romans are heading the way of the Greeks.
Our own egos are becoming violent and will, one day, bury the future of Rome.
The Greeks invented ways to manifest his envy, and to demolish his better. Rather than murder he prefers slander, which is also a form of discreet murder. He likes the ignominy of the other.
Greeks are art lovers, and creators of good and evil speech. Hypothetically speaking of him who they desire to persecute and kill without killing. Slander is their Mêlée weapon.
The Greek believes only in his own opinion, and a leader does not want to hear the opinion of others so as to make a project perfect, because a work in order to be finished, it requires the contributions of others, while the Greeks want to associate the work with their name. First comes the ego and second the project.
The Greeks suffer from selfishness, and this is why we Romans, who were their subordinates, wrested power from their hands, while they were world rulers.
Each project must be collective effort, successive generations contributing, for it to have a long life.
Projects must be transpersonal.
Political thought in Greece is missing. One politician wears down another with constant attrition, until death. The Greeks have strong thinking and competitive attitudes. But are sick characters. They do not unite to finish a project, but self-destruct.
That's why the Greeks suffered suffering and will suffer it in the future, due to their desire to be first, the lawful daughter of selfishness.
Did I exaggerate about what I say about the wondrous race of the Greeks?
But those who read Aristophanes, Demosthenes, Euripides, Theophrastus, Epicurus, Zeno and Chrysippus will attest the same, therefore I'm not unfair.
Hubris the Greeks forgot. When the Greeks seek equality it is not because they want justice, but only to ensure the other does not excel, and surpass them. If I do not deserve to go up higher, then neither will you climb above me. The Greek is born with the tendency of superiority.
Greeks are masters of knowledge and brag a lot. They praise their own virtues, their own advantage, and devalue the accomplishments of others, or the virtues of their fellow citizens. The Greeks have passions. Most do not learn from the mistakes of their rulers and from their own political history, making the same mistakes, they will continue to do so.
The land of the Greeks is blessed, but the Greeks do not leave the leader to rule, but want to gather around him, inconspicuously governing through him.
The Greeks may be egomaniacs, but also have good sides. They’ve progressed reason, wisdom, poetry, arts, science, commerce and war, from all of this their glory gushes.
The Greeks have charmed me, and I consider them my teachers. But as time passes the glory of the Greeks diminishes and because of their faults it will continue to diminish.
Selfishness makes the Greeks good soldiers, brave, adventurous and daring, but unable to exploit their glory.
Attilio do not think that all these judgments, I write, are my own, I was taught by the Epiktito.
When young I heard Epiktito saying that the Greeks once had a world, Atlantis, which covered the ocean waters, and was an advanced world.
Greeks should not to be accused, or attacked, directly or constantly, for if their pride is awakened, it makes of them relentless pursuers. The Greeks have arrogance, pride and unprecedented righteousness. Now they are ruined nobles. They have a host of contradictions. Sometimes they are proud Greeks and at other times they are slavish greekies, small and paradoxical.
Never give the impression, to the Greek, that you deny him his freedom. Let him shout, make noise, to express his political fury, if it does not harm the interests of our empire. Use those dissenting, among them, against those who react.
Orders to the Greeks do not accomplish anything, use dialogue. Give the impression that you retreat. Do not threaten the Greeks with the legions.
Do not pretend to be powerful to their leaders, in the cities. Let them make their own maneuvers. Still feeding on the vision of their past glories. Do not much interfere in the internal affairs of their cities.

Brief explanation of the Hellenic spirit, and the reason why they can never dominates as a group, but charm as individual daemons.
Their genius and baseness.

Last edited by Satyr on Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:42 pm

The dialectical method appears to be a modern way of ensuring a Hellenic spirit does not ever believe they are being censored, as he suggests being the method to taming Greeks. My goal these past few years has been to expose this kind of censorship to all, for selfish reasons that follow. But, that is why I must think like them, in black and white, to try and expose it to the simple masses.

If a man cannot live with boasting, with open pride, then his death will be in vain - he will not be spoken of in the future by anyone and lose his place among the minds of many, being honored. Now with sophisticated methods of nihilistic conversion of ideologies, a man's legacy can be converted into one which provides comfort instead of providing challenge.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 5:12 pm

^ Thank god for the maggots.
The maggots came first and they made life possible.
Or so the maggots think.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Could be big if true.
Back to top Go down
Drome

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 4:30 pm

I looked around the forum for this using the search function and was surprised it hasnt been posted yet.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 11:50 am

I'm sure someone has read or posted this already, but I just read it now
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 1:11 pm

I haven't read it...thanks.

Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Funnily enough I found this text when I was searching for this Finnish book from 2008 which was talking about same topic, the sexual power of females and how women are denying sex from men to gain resources, "sex is an asset, that woman can offer or deny. "

And I heard about it from todays newspaper when there was some feminist librarian removing this book from a library selection, it didn't say the reason for this, but obviously the person was offended by the perspective of the book, but the library was apologizing about this individual who did this. To me it seems they try to censor this book really bad here since it's not even published anymore, can't find a copy of it online, it was even removed from publishers page. So have to read it in English.

So that just tells me this will hit a nerve and it's very dangerous to feminist theory.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 10:05 am

Atwill, Jospeh's Caesar's Messiah...

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 2:50 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 2:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 5:40 am

On the Infestation of Small-Souled Bugmen - Adam Winfield wrote:
A consequence of a perilously overpopulated, brutally capitalistic, shamelessly hedonistic, morally decaying society, the humble bugman has come to define an age of technological dystopia in which everyone has everything — their gadgets, their fast foods, their fashion accessories — but somehow everyone also has nothing — no community, no natural spirit, no substance of mind. He is a zombified consumer, an emasculated wage slave, a vessel emptied of meaning and refilled with plastic, pixels and silicone.

He is what a sterile corporate wasteland spews out. Millions of him, almost exact replicas who are relentlessly told they are unique by clever marketers, and who believe it. He is a personality defined by brands, a blue-checkmarked Twitter user. Bugmen are what we get when a culture is infantilized, watered down and stripped of the very intellectual, philosophical and honourable fibre that once made it great. Totally dependent on the compromised support of his nanny state and high-tech devices, the bugman has been reduced to the status of a domestic animal. A 200-pound child.

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 8:18 pm

hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 10:59 pm

Anfang wrote:
On the Infestation of Small-Souled Bugmen - Adam Winfield wrote:
A consequence of a perilously overpopulated, brutally capitalistic, shamelessly hedonistic, morally decaying society, the humble bugman has come to define an age of technological dystopia in which everyone has everything — their gadgets, their fast foods, their fashion accessories — but somehow everyone also has nothing — no community, no natural spirit, no substance of mind. He is a zombified consumer, an emasculated wage slave, a vessel emptied of meaning and refilled with plastic, pixels and silicone.

He is what a sterile corporate wasteland spews out. Millions of him, almost exact replicas who are relentlessly told they are unique by clever marketers, and who believe it. He is a personality defined by brands, a blue-checkmarked Twitter user. Bugmen are what we get when a culture is infantilized, watered down and stripped of the very intellectual, philosophical and honourable fibre that once made it great. Totally dependent on the compromised support of his nanny state and high-tech devices, the bugman has been reduced to the status of a domestic animal. A 200-pound child.

YES! This is exactly what I was thinking, but eloquently put into words. The article is heavy-hitting, aggressive, and full of despair and doomish predictions of the abyss. I love it.

Reminds me of this song.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 2:50 pm

I have not yet found the full PDF, but it's been really fascinating and grisly to read so far

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Good basic advice for us younger men here

Magnus Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 5:12 am

What's so bad about "romantic love"?
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 2:08 pm

"Romantic love" is bad but romantic love is fine.

BTW Magnus baš gledam ovog vašeg Šešelja. Srpski Trump lol.

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 10:01 am

Glubb doesn't appear to be fully red-pilled on race and such, but it is an interesting read nonetheless

The similarities between groups in decline throughout the entirety of history are remarkable: an influx of foreigners (especially in urban areas), obsession with hedonistic escapes and frivolities, women gaining power, defensiveness and pacifism, increased sympathy for the out-group, equality, increase in sexual immorality, materialism and political corruption and even details like pop singers with lutes seducing the young in the same way pop/rock singers with guitars do it in modern times. Of course, all of it soon followed by the crumbling of the social order and its replacement.

This makes it all the more funny when leftists speak of progress, as if what is going on now is something new and positive, when the same things already occurred in history and are demonstrably negative, as they represent the downfall of every group they happened to.

Last edited by AutSider on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 10:03 am

Nice find.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to Read Things to Read - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things to Read
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next