Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Depression East/West

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Depression      East/West - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Try the ChatBox.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 pm

That is the title of the song........

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:59 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
Quote :
Ok. and then don't forget to come back as your own loony self... diddums, lol

You would like that wouldn't you. Another jealous female.  Lady, you are one of many.

yea I want to see you go guffaawww gufffawwwwwww let your hair down, loosen up a bit...
'said this place was a slump, didn't you?; raise it up. Entertain Me, show Me how its done. Come on.
Be a sport.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*

Last edited by Lyssa on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Satyr wrote:
She doesn't want to be just any female...she wants to be THE female.

Let her...
There's a difference between wanting to be, and

being one.......... ?

only one sheriff in town!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wink

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Last edited by Lyssa on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

OMG you are such a weirdo!

Can't tell the difference between a woman and a whore.

He won't take you home to meet his parents.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:46 pm

How else could you appear like a real woman rev.... if I didn't stoop down,..

No harm in trying is there... you'll get used to being one.

And Bollocks! If you think I am going anywhere; he's got to face my Father!!!
man to man, and get his permission if he wants me.

Have you heard of Mad Dog? The one old as a yeasty weather-bitten bag and hell-hated earth-vexing eyes, and when he took out his belt,, well, lets leave that part.... barking cuss words from his putrid yellow teeth that make grown men whimper like foot-licking little boys,,, yea, not that one. His neighbour with the roughish charm... I'm his daughter.

In any case, why You so concerned abt. who he takes home? huh? huh?
We'll come to that confession later.

You just say sorry to my friends now. Say it!

Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Quote :
You just say sorry to my friends now. Say it!

Tone of desperation there. LOL

If you felt truly comfortable with your womanliness you would not be "shouting" or posting pictures, to convince.

You just don't get it.

Its about respect. A man has to respect a woman, without it no relationship will hold together. If you are a doormat, then he will see you as a doormat, you are acting like a doormat.

Quote :
In any case, why You so concerned abt. who he takes home? huh? huh?
We'll come to that confession later.

Need time to think about it. I would advise you to do that as you are way out of your depth and quickly becoming boring.

Better still, await Saytr's instructions and then post me, as you don't have a single original thought to contribute.

Last edited by reasonvemotion on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:

Hello, hello, is there anybody out there.................

I too experienced some tibetan Buddhism. And studied some too.

A line from the song you posted: "Tell me what went wrong?"

Tibetan Buddhism went wrong in denying the "soul". In promoting soul-lessnes, destroying the ego. But the Ego is in fact the raw material. It's needed for the transmutation. (From "lead to gold".) If you throw it out, nothing can be transformed. And you are just an empty shell, with the false impression of some kind of liberation, when what you've really lost was what was most essential to your spiritual journey.
Being this empty soulless shell you can be manipulated at the will of others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:13 am

I liked your answer. With the soup kitchen and the word "lenient", I had to look up. Good observations. I visited 2 lay tibetan buddhist groups. They too had their eastern rinpoches, but they weren't present all the time. But western teachers. Same thing or worse.

Have you ever looked into original Buddhism? Or Brahmanism? Maybe there is a "Satsang" on youtube in english you could listen to for a start. Buddhism is indian Philosophy stripped of its tradtionalism. Its more soulful parts. I think you'd like the Bhagavad Gita. Tibetan Buddhism matches modernity the best. Progressivism. Egalitarianism. Self-improvement. That's why it's so popular. It's anti family. Anti life. Anti ego. But in the same current enhances a false ego. Something modern, you described very well in your post. This hubris of belonging to a special elitist group.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Laconian

I deleted that post as on reflection I thought it was "mean spirited".

I do love the serenity of Buddhism, but, I am essentially a person who "travels light". and have never been one to attach myself. I have a strong belief in who I am and have very rarely encountered anyone or anything that could dilute that.

"Being this empty soulless shell you can be manipulated at the will of others", your words, is also my philosophy. When searching in life, look for yourself, through yourself.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Buddhism is aryan. It is very noble. But it says: No, instead of yes. That is the problem. Some of it's elements are very appealing. Even in its tibetan form. It could be a bridge for westerners to surpass the judeo-christian mainstream and search for their own pagan roots.

I think of the Polytheism in it. For example the Mahakala prayer. Someone beat a gong (or bass drum) during the singing and they used other instruments as well in one sangha. And afterwards I told him how much I liked it. And he said: the gong is there so that it sounds really "barbaric". That's something else than Christianity.

I am not mean spirited towards tibetan Buddhism. I wish they would take their teachings to heart. But I am mean spirited towards the superficial yuppies and feminists I've encountered there, who slander the whole thing, westernize it even more. Strip it of everything meaningful, traditional. It's turning fascist in my opinion. Some elitism with no foundation.

I even did the Phowa. So I was really into it. And meditation is a tool that makes you more serene. I still go to the meditations sometimes.

It was a decision back then to "experience". Not to "learn". After a while people came to me to learn from me. And this is a role, I don't like. Of course I am closer to the original Buddha then any of them. Because they want to use Buddhism to make money, careers. For me Buddhism is a more natural part of my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:51 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
Women use their rationale to examine and judge carefully, to ascertain a worth. I see this as not exclusively feeling, more like a practical wisdom. This is a beacon for women. It shows them what is the best thing to do under the circumstances. So it would be correct to say women have an 'underdeveloped thinking function' compared to men, but it cannot be called dumb as this underestimates a woman's ability to comprehend and evaluate, which is why they assume the role of the "weaker" sex, it is purely self preservation. Men still have the edge, although one may be hard pressed to convince a man of this.

Women tend to use their rationale to always ascertain their safety and security before anything else, their self-preservation as you mentioned. I may be generalising a bit, but they do tend to do that.

They want everything, but without any sacrifice or paying a real price. That is cowardice. Some men are like this too of course.

Yet at the same time I find it strange how impulsive and childish some women are. They won't take a chance or dare on certain aspects, yet they'll make a very stupid decision on something else, without forethought.

One of the most troubling things I hear constantly from past female "friends" and family members would be "but what can he provide or offer you?" when mentioning a man one is interested in. I find this truly disgusting. And that's part of where we learn this, this excuse to be taken care of. I know some men on this forum believe women want and need to be taken care of, but I don't know. It's funny how many supposedly strong and seemingly aggressive men I've known (who give that impression) turn out to be so ultra-sensitive and perhaps even come across to women as "needy" because we've been taught that only women can make demands. Not that this is a bad thing at all; sensitivity is good. It's just strange how sometimes we take things at face value and give more value to women, because we think they are "better" than men due to the facades they project.

The problem is that women take themselves too seriously, but they aren't even serious to begin with. Besides always thinking of themselves, they at times seem to think that they are more worthy or important, and that they demand "special" care, which is where their tendency to read too much into signs and signals also come from, i.e. self-preservation taken too far.

As a female, I do admit that males have more worth as a whole overall, and have more potential than women. Women strike me as weak, ineffectual beings. Nothing meaningful has ever come out of even ONE relationship with any woman I've known. I learned much more from having a close relationship to my father. My mother remains the same person she always was, never having learned lessons from anything. It's sad. And the victim mentality is always there, always victims, women, always.

Last edited by schwarzstein on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Laconian wrote:
But I am mean spirited towards the superficial yuppies and feminists I've encountered there, who slander the whole thing, westernize it even more. Strip it of everything meaningful, traditional. It's turning fascist in my opinion. Some elitism with no foundation.

I had some neighbours like that. Weekend Buddhists. They made $100,000.00 a year and had a yacht, nice house; ate too much, ate meat excessively too, which didn't make sense at all. They were nice people, but had the same mentality as every other American, when I lived in the USA.

I think true Buddhism, in its native origin, has a certain purity; but can a westerner ever really grasp a religion foreign to him/her? It's not like language, where one must actually not only think in a foreign language, but become immersed in it, and actually THINK like a person from its respective culture. When I switch from English to another language, I do feel that I actually think in another language, even symbolically, and even the little nuances. It's strange to explain but I think most people who speak different languages understand.

But religion...like Buddhism...I don't know. I've tried dabbling in such, and it never really clicked for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Laconian wrote:
Buddhism is aryan. It is very noble. But it says: No, instead of yes.

No, to what?

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Quote :
Tone of desperation there. LOL

What a prissy female. So stuffy, hypocritical... you know you are attracted to them, openly confessed as much on PN; you wanted to cook and clean for satyr and wash his clothes, and purple dragon, you could not resist him despite your 'resolutions', lol, just let it out. You know you are sorry, just say it.

Quote :
If you felt truly comfortable with your womanliness you would not be "shouting" or posting pictures, to convince.
You just don't get it.

That's right. I want you to show me all abt. what it is to be a woman.
Tell me all about how womanliness is about being uptight denying those tingling feelings underneath when you meet a real man, how his aggressive free-spirit makes you wet and and attracted, and then ashamed that you're unable to act on it. Tell me all about how womanliness is about posing like a sophisticated intellect regurgitating the last man you heard, offering a couple of opinions here and there to show what a free-thinking individual you are, when all your itching for is a f---.
Tell me about the modern woman.
Didn't you say you loved Satyr's sensual prose, his soft side, but then he looked like a monster to you?
Didn't you enjoy the Dragon's soft-erotic prose, but then you called him a woman-hater, didn't you?
Would you go out on a date with either of them?

I loathe women like you, who make beautiful men doubt themselves...  women like you make my blood boil.

Tell me all about self-hatred.

Quote :

Its about respect. A man has to respect a woman, without it no relationship will hold together. If you are a doormat, then he will see you as a doormat, you are acting like a doormat.

One feels pride in wanting to deserve a man's respect.
Being a woman means to always love more than you are loved.
Being a man means to "love no one, except the friend." - Peleus' advice to his son Achilles.

Love, respect, tenderness, affection, can/should only emerge as by-products of living-well, and living well is loving oneself well. There is no "has to"...

A real man possesses the spirit of a child; he wishes to see everything as His plaything. A woman is nothing more. A more sophisticated woman is a more sophisticated recreation. She has no other purpose than to serve, recreate him, re-create him. The more bolder a man, the more delight he takes in playing, in exploiting, in using to his own ends, enjoying, experimenting how much schadenfroh he can derive from dominating, inflicting torment and boldly watching another suffer without feeling guilty, without feeling ashamed, without buckling down under his own weight... a good heart that is not over-ruled by virtues, but he rules over his virtus.

Imagine such a child, to whom the whole world appears as nothing more than a plaything. How could he not want to dominate, excel, be first? Imagine the modern disease, the system that tells him he can't play, he can't be a full man, that he must Respect others. Can there be a more heartaching sight than that of a child not allowed to play...
Its tragic, that today, all men have become dwarfs. They don't even know how to enjoy themselves, how to Rule without feeling bad. The Art of Ruling, knowing how to dominate - is becoming a vanishing art.
Man doubts himself. He questions himself if he has a "right to..."....
Whose answer is he waiting for? What is conscience but the common voice of the herd...
He can't even say shut up for fear she'll walk away... He has to show respect.
He can't say how much he dislikes her without being called a rapist.
He can't even tell public professors, your chazwyman, they are turds teaching misinfo to kids... He has to show civility and decorum.
Women like you demanding equal standards, are the Worst. You pussify men. aisshhhh

A woman's highest honour is in being used up well. One is grateful for being of service to a great soul, of being 'a Doormat to a Real Man' ; )
His using Her is an honour in itself for however long the 'relationship holds'. Life is not about Duration, but Intensity. Not 'how long' a relation can hold together, but 'how deeply' one fills it, given just a moment even.
A real woman suffers not finding a worthy man to serve.
Submission, surrender... is indescribably fulfilling...
I pity any woman who doesn't know this joy.

'"Has To" respect'... LOL
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Man is One.

A woman is the bride or the muse in her basic tripartite structure,  - the maiden, the mother, and the hag. There are nymphs/sirens, there are queens, there are crones...

The more profound a man, the more in need he is of the first to cool his pressure from building and bursting him, who give him respite, they are a blessing to his sufferings, they quench his thirst and soothe him, they keep him from burning out and keep the flame alive in him, they inspire him and fill his heart; the second to build his pressure with their nonchalance and in/sensitivity, they spare him no slack, no significance; they get him to move - these were indispensable during medieval war times when it took women to taunt men to wars and duels, to establish standards of honour,, they demanded significance from him, they were catalysts, they aroused him from his slumber - they taunted and demanded he come back as a Hero or just Die; the third to transform his pressure to something beyond himself, into beauty and enduring riches... they are magical monsters; charred coals become pristine, become diamonds in the lap of the singing black earth.. and when the crone spoke to a pauper, his philosophy could take the form of poetry and poetry philosophy... depending on how one holds them, they add dimensions and augment him into something beyond himself. N. describes this inert pluto-nic transformaton in a passage:
"The slow arrow of beauty. The most noble kind of beauty is that which does not carry us away suddenly, whose attacks are not violent or intoxicating (this kind easily awakens disgust), but rather the kind of beauty which infiltrates slowly, which we carry along with us almost unnoticed, and meet up with again in dreams; finally, after it has for a long time lain modestly in our heart, it takes complete possession of us, filling our eyes with tears, our hearts with longing. What do we long for when we see beauty? To be beautiful. We think much happiness must be connected with it. But that is an error."

A profound woman would know when to be what; and a profound man, when he needs what, and when to use whom.

Quote :

I would advise you to do that as you are way out of your depth and quickly becoming boring.

Thank you for noticing; I thought my exasperating efforts were all going to waste.
My plan is to get into the dungeon, have some unfinished business... but I can't just go there. I have to earn it. I have to be kicked.
Its why I don't have an avatar pic. either.
Its easy to be "loud" and flaunt a personality, but I told myself the day I joined here, even if these gentlemen brought me in as Homoloi, I'm not going to abuse it. I set a certain target to reach. I want to Earn my Avatar!
I want to Earn my Disgrace!!!! Nothing less will do.

Quote :

Better still, await Saytr's instructions and then post me,

So jealous you are, that you have no one to serve.

I'll follow them to the dot.

Quote :
as you don't have a single original thought to contribute.

I Am the original thought I contribute to you, and one and all.
Read me, enjoy me, think me,...

Some women sacrifice their individuality to nurture their rich inner world, their womb and soul, to let their sons do the talking, to bring strong men into this world and let them contribute original thoughts.

I choose to let the world, let life, judge me, and who I am, by the kind of sons I raise and give to them.

A woman has no more purpose than the bringing about of a child that is as Intact as her husband. She takes him in, adds her wisdom and tries to re  presenCe him again.

She speaks through the man she selects. He is her voice, and she is his language.

After N., what do "I" matter? Only my work matters.

Likewise. What do You matter?! Say sorry to them both.

Last edited by Lyssa on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Quote :

So true.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:11 pm

By Zeus, Lyssa, what a fantastic portrayal.

Might I suggest some avatars for your choosing?

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Lyssa wrote:
The more bolder a man, the more delight he takes in playing, in exploiting, in using to his own ends, enjoying, experimenting how much schadenfroh he can derive from dominating, inflicting torment and boldly watching another suffer without feeling guilty, without feeling ashamed, without buckling down under his own weight...

"Such people like Napoleon must come back again and again to consolidate the self-aggrandisement of the individual: he himself was being corrupted by the means he had to use and had lost the noblesse of his character. Prevailing amongst a different kind of people, he could have used different means; and it wouldn't be necessary, that a Caesar has to become bad." (Nietzsche, diary 1880's my translation)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Laconian wrote:

No, to what?

There are two types of Nihilism. One towards the absolute void. Nothingness. That's found in tibetan Buddhism. And one towards the absolute Somethingness. A God, the State, a Leader.

I must add that I experienced some indian Meditation (Hinduism) before my experience with tibetan Buddhism. So in the tibetan Sangha, I never paid much attention to the actual teachings, I just wanted to learn to meditate. (The Hindu sangha was too advanced for beginners.) Now my interest in India is awakened a new.

I am not a scholar to evaluate original Buddhism though. It is rooted in Brahmanism. But it also brought some modern tones in already. No castes. Every being has Buddha nature. All the Goddesses or female elements that are worshipped in indian Religions are stripped away. It's very male actually. Very dry. Heraclitus and Buddha are often compared.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Laconian wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
Laconian wrote:

No, to what?

There are two types of Nihilism. One towards the absolute void. Nothingness. That's found in tibetan Buddhism. And one towards the absolute Somethingness. A God, the State, a Leader.

I must add that I experienced some indian Meditation (Hinduism) before my experience with tibetan Buddhism. So in the tibetan Sangha, I never paid much attention to the actual teachings, I just wanted to learn to meditate. (The Hindu sangha was too advanced for beginners.) Now my interest in India is awakened a new.

I am not a scholar to evaluate original Buddhism though. It is rooted in Brahmanism. But it also brought some modern tones in already. No castes. Every being has Buddha nature. All the Goddesses or female elements that are worshipped in indian Religions are stripped away. It's very male actually. Very dry. Heraclitus and Buddha are often compared.

Aryan Buddhism doesn't teach anything of the sort. I think one stop at Kathodos should have been enough.
Evola's Doctrine of Awakening is excellent.

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Laconian wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
The more bolder a man, the more delight he takes in playing, in exploiting, in using to his own ends, enjoying, experimenting how much schadenfroh he can derive from dominating, inflicting torment and boldly watching another suffer without feeling guilty, without feeling ashamed, without buckling down under his own weight...

"Such people like Napoleon must come back again and again to consolidate the self-aggrandisement of the individual: he himself was being corrupted by the means he had to use and had lost the noblesse of his character. Prevailing amongst a different kind of people, he could have used different means; and it wouldn't be necessary, that a Caesar has to become bad." (Nietzsche, diary 1880's my translation)

Yes. N. deplored he had misunderstood himself.

"What Belongs to Greatness. Who can attain to anything great if he does not feel in himself the force and will to inflict great pain? The ability to suffer is a small matter - weak women and even slaves can acheive virtuosity in that. But not to perish from internal distress and doubt when one inflicts great suffering and hears the cry of suffering : that is great, that belongs to greatness." [Joyful Wisdom, 325]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Satyr wrote:
By Zeus, Lyssa, what a fantastic portrayal.

-x-

Quote :
Might I suggest some avatars for your choosing?

You're always the gentleman; thank you for giving me  a skin to wear. Its kind of you to have taken the trouble.
The images are cute and lovely. I liked three in all.
4. is close to me.

Last edited by Lyssa on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:27 pm

schwarzstein wrote:
Quote :

So true.

I find the notion of immediate self-gratifications, in self-indulgence, base, vulgar... a higher woman would rather enjoy Herself in another, through another.
It is protracted self-love, not a kenosis.

Love is unhesitant strength.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Lyssa wrote:

Aryan Buddhism doesn't teach anything of the sort. I think one stop at Kathodos should have been enough.

Of what sort? I didn't mention anything Buddhism "teaches".

I think "Buddhism" developed later, it was made up by Buddha followers. A cult like Christianity. Around this extraordinary being and philosopher, who didn't teach anything, but more like in a Satsang: He answered questions. I go by the original Sutras. I don't need Evola to chew that for me so I can better digest it.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Submissive is a dirty word in our society and to be brave enough to admit to it, leaves a woman wide open to accusations of being less than intelligent or seen in a sexual way. I don't see a man needing to be dominant, a strong man does not need this, a woman will follow as her intuition dictates. What joy it is to respect, with dutiful deference the love of a man of this kind. We may differ Lyssa, somewhat in our perceptions, as I don't view it as passively as you have portrayed. To me, it is respect and reverence. Women have the lost the art of class and feminity, it is a perverse rejection of who we (women) are. I am not a woman who will reject her friends, not go out, stay at home and wait, hoping he will call, turning into a lost, sad and sorry case, accepting the remnants of his attentions, I don't think any man wants a woman who is a liability, be it it materialistic or emotional.

I won't engage with you in a personal attack, as I am not opposing, as you seem to want me to. Why would I disagree. I grew up this way. I was taught this way. My mother sitting on the edge of her chair at the table during meals, ready for any request my father had. I was aware from an early age men are the "deciders" and women follow. I learned that from my mother, who was a strong and insightful woman and who obviously loved my father. I remember the flush of joy on her face when he looked at her with his "approving and loving" expression. That secret glance between a man and woman, that did not go unnoticed by the little girl sitting, momentarily forgotten.

“Such physica/sexual matters are nice, yet, intelligence and passion born of living, the ability to move and be moved by subtleties of the mind and spirit, are what really counts.”

This is my mantra. I know no other way.

"So, do you want more eggs or should you just fuck on the linoleum" Huh?..... whadda ya say, Lyss, huh LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 am

reasonvemotion wrote:
Submissive is a dirty word in our society and to be brave enough to admit to it, leaves a woman wide open to accusations of being less than intelligent or seen in a sexual way.

Everything concerning sex, was seen as "dirty" after Freud. That's partly why the "1968 sexual liberation" occured, as a reaction to that. Of course it therefor went to the other extreme in it's "natural" view of sex and became animalistic.

Quote :

"So, do you want more eggs or should you just fuck on the linoleum"

This quote is from a more recent time. It doesn't know which way to go. The 1950's romanticism had something false to it. Something pretentious. 1968 turned out to be a disaster. After that the confusion was complete. Thankfully some academics like Foucault tried a history of sex. Sex is overrated. It's provacative or shocking modern displays bore me to death. Erotic got lost.

Erotic IS interesting, was interesting and always will be the only thing interesting about sexuality. I just watched the disturbing movie: Revolutionary Road that Lyssa posted in Cinamatic Masterpieces. It's excellent.

To me it poses exactly the right question: are women submissive by "nature" to one strong man? Or is some of that feminist individualist more masculine "spirit" more true?
The women on here display both. And the women I know as well. It's a struggle I recognize. They are so empowered by society, that they have to pull themselves back constantly, to let the man be a man, show their availability. But when I overhear "girls talk", when they are amongst themselves, without men: It's "Sex and the City". Worse than guys. Macho women.

I thought the movie had some feminist tones as well in it. Womens liberation. It played in the 50's before most of that happened. I also watched the show "Mad Men", which also deals with this.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Laconian wrote:
Lyssa wrote:

Of what sort? I didn't mention anything Buddhism "teaches".

I think "Buddhism" developed later, it was made up by Buddha followers. A cult like Christianity. Around this extraordinary being and philosopher, who didn't teach anything, but more like in a Satsang: He answered questions.

Twerp, don't obfuscate; you said real Buddhism says No, which you stated involved the two kinds of Nihilism.

I'm saying real Buddhism doesn't teach either path - abs. godhead or emptiness of the void. Only self-domination, self-deification.

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 7:00 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
Submissive is a dirty word in our society and to be brave enough to admit to it, leaves a woman wide open to accusations of being less than intelligent or seen in a sexual way.

So you care about the jury and your peers? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] seems to be the most respected title today; how Wide Open does that leave you?

Quote :
We may differ Lyssa, somewhat in our perceptions, as I don't view it as passively as you have portrayed.  To me, it is respect and reverence.  Women have the lost the art of class and feminity, it is a perverse rejection of who we (women) are.  I am not a woman who will reject her friends, not go out, stay at home and wait, hoping he will call, turning into a lost, sad and sorry case, accepting the remnants of his attentions, I don't think any man wants a woman who is a liability, be it it materialistic or emotional.

Passive? [chuckles...!!]

"You can't lean on something unless it resists." [Stendhal]

A submissive woman is like Bamboo. Flexibility comes from Resilience.
"The Bamboo bends, it flexes, nearly touches the floor, but never breaks. It resists the storms, the strongest winds. Yet, it keeps its delicate structure."
It has enough firmness to offer endurance, and enough suppleness to offer flexibility; why it is so widely revered in Asia as a spiritual symbol.

The woman with the most bound heart is the one with the most freest spirit.
One must have a firm Ego to be able to Bend for/before/to another.
A fine woman is a giver; that is her pride. Imagine sitting and calculating who owes whom how much love and respect?!
What could be more insulting?
A strong woman has self-reverence from within. Her source of shame should be in not being able to give enough and more to another.

'Lonely and waiting for phonecalls and liability'...  confused  you only lose what you cling to?

Quote :
I won't engage with you in a personal attack,

But I want to engage with you in a Very Personal attack. How feminine of me.
I would have you no other way. Don't be shy ; )

Quote :
as I am not opposing, as you seem to want me to.

Mirrors and smokescreens; you remain a hypocrite.
Apologize to my friends.

Quote :
Why would I disagree.  I grew up this way.  I was taught this way.  My mother sitting on the edge of her chair at the table during meals, ready for any request my father had.  I was aware from an early age men are the "deciders" and women follow.  I learned that from my mother, who was a  strong and insightful woman and who obviously loved my father.  I remember the flush of joy on her face when he looked at her with his "approving and loving" expression.  That secret glance between a man and woman, that did not go unnoticed by the little girl sitting, momentarily forgotten.

Sweet. Now tell me about your divorce.

Quote :
“Such physica/sexual matters are nice, yet, intelligence and passion born of living, the ability to move and be moved by subtleties of the mind and spirit, are what really counts.”
This is my mantra. I know no other way.

No mind/body/heart/spirit/soul/self separations. Nothing counts more than the other. You are there Wholeseomely for someone or you are not.

Quote :

"So, do you want more eggs or should you just fuck on the linoleum"   Huh?..... whadda ya say, Lyss, huh    LOL

Yea, that's the attitude! lol
How about I f--- him and then give him eggs or f--- him feeding him eggs or feed him eggs then f--- him or orrrr... you know, like WHATEVER HE WANTS!!!?!!! However he wants!!!?!

I'm His Woman!

"If you want a lover
I'll do anything you ask me to
And if you want another kind of love
I'll wear a mask for you
If you want a partner
Take my hand
Or if you want to strike me down in anger
Here I stand
I'm your woman

Or I'd crawl to you baby
And I'd fall at your feet
And I'd howl at your beauty
Like a dog in heat
And I'd claw at your heart
And I'd tear at your sheet
I'd say please, please
I'm your woman

And if you've got to sleep
A moment on the road
I will steer for you
And if you want to work the street alone
I'll disappear for you
If you want a mother for your child
Or only want to walk with me a while
Across the sand
I'm your woman" [Leonard Cohen]

Last edited by Lyssa on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Lyssa wrote:

I'm saying real Buddhism doesn't teach either path - abs. godhead or emptiness of the void. Only self-domination, self-deification.

And I am saying there is no real Buddhism. Like there is no real Christianity. It's a cult invented by followers of these great men: Buddha and Jesus. (Buddha and Jesus didn't invent these cults.) Buddhism is whatever it is to you. I am not a Buddhist. I study the original Buddhist sutras. That's it.

I am not a Buddhologist either like the webmaster of kathodos, though I agree with his evaluation for the most part.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:47 am

The images are cute and lovely. I liked three in all

4. is close to me...... this is so hilarious.

Are you for real lady, we all know you have two kids and live in a council flat. Spend all your time alone, with your "books" no man in sight. Well you can always masturbate. I forgot Catholics don't do that do they, or say f....ck. You are a dead give away. Geez I hope the kids are not boys.

How's the weather over there, wet and windy. but not wild. Your so desperate to "catch" a man, it makes me cringe.

Sad Sack, stop lying about who you are and asking for your "friends" support on this forum.

I have a song for you too. We Australian women are strong and proud. Do not under estimate us. We love our men and delight in spoiling them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Depression East/West Depression      East/West - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Depression East/West
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: