Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:16 pm

apaosha wrote:
She has some sons. She doesn't like how they've been emasculated, is my guess.
Nothing better than a dose of reality to slap you in the cunt and make you change your tune.
Retards must always rely on a personal angle to accept a reality.

I see SavengingVulture and you are the two representatives of KnowThyself.
Even that pile of shit can prove to be useful in some way.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:29 am

I love this shit:

James S. Saint wrote:
You are arguing an issue of ontology and conflating epistemology.
The problem with claiming that there is only motion is that if there is motion, there must be motion OF something.

There must be motion ...OF something.

There MUST be even though I cannot justify it or perceive it or define it.

Thou MUST

apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I win.

apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:07 am

James S Saint wrote:
B) in ALL of those cases, there must be some-THING doing the action, not due to presumed ontology, but merely by the very meaning of those words.

The man is a dribbling imbecile.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:25 am

The word being a symbol o a thought; a thought being a human abstraction; a human abstraction being a simplification/generalizations of a fluid world.

No "things" are interacting but processes....energies.
Energy is, itself, activity exhibiting a congruency of flow; a common vibration.

apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:32 am

I won't be talking to him much longer. I'm already losing patience. At which point one of their moderators will swoop in to save him.

Round and round in circles.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:44 am

Sometimes it is wise to cut your losses make like a tree and leave.

Throw away garbage, find something salvageable in it, if you can, and move on.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:36 pm

This [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is going to be fun(y).

Can't wait for the cowardly retard d69 to give it a try.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:06 pm

See him scrambling for excuses and ways out of his commitments?

This is pure entertainment.
See how a coward speaks, thinking it'll never happen, and then backs off?

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:10 pm

As obtuse as ever.
He's a running comedy skit...God bless him.

Recidivist

Recidivist

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Magsj wrote:
I live in London Baby, where one meets all sorts through work and play (take that as print-production and partying) Razz - in my last freelance position as a production-editor on political publications for global summits/BA military yearly book etc. we liaised with Presidents, Ambassodors, The British Army, and companies placing ads [i]in[i/] these publications.. so oil companies, global traders, global mining companies etc. etc. etc.

...everything SIATD hates, I'd say Smile

This black moron never passes up an opportunity to plug her amazing, partying lifestyle and the social circles she mixes in, whilst simultaneously producing nothing philosophically except the most meaningless, self-indulgent cliches and banal observations designed to suffocate free thinking.

These people now infest society.

Blacks promoted to positions of power whose only job is to enforce the ideology of the ruling liberal establishment - equality and the leveling of man. Their positions used as evidence of their abilities by liberals, a fifth column silently ensuring that dissent from more intelligent, conscious minds is broken down before it can reach critical mass.

Blacks are social creatures, herd minds, not those who prefer to be alone with their thoughts. For evidence look to their physical nature, the way they move together when dancing or performing, the rhythm, how this mirrors a shoal of fish or flock of birds, their biologies more similar, each individual less distinct, turning together, moving as one, the body more muscular... the mind less evolved. They prefer the simple pursuits of music and dancing and socializing (but not too ordered and rational) anything physical, in fact, to the more complex and frustrating activities of thinking and introspection and analysis which they find taxing and inscrutable.

This tragic animal, still enamored of an empty, hedonistic lifestyle in her 40's(?), the only thing she has to give her self value is name dropping and symbols of institutional power, ones created by the very race that will eventually destroy her own. Better to go out fighting than as a pathetic slave.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Billy Wiltrack should be careful when mixing with the rabble, and getting me and this forum involved.

That retard, in particular - the one he is engaging with- has no clue about anything beyond his drunken arse.

He (this d6 faggot), like our resident Dragon, are the types who think everything comes from the one they first got into contact with certain ideas and ideals.
Because Nietzsche is the most famous name associated with certain ideals and because he was one of the first who so brilliantly exposed post-modern decay, he thinks that all is derived from this person, who now becomes some kind of icon.
These minds cannot think outside the religious, absolutist, paradigm and so everything becomes godly...an idol....a holy figure.

At this point if you say something that agrees with a famous figure and because they have no clue what these ideals are outside this source's guidance and his words, they assume that this figure is the "CREATOR", as if ideas and ideals, like the world, suddenly emerges out of the nothingness.
Such religious fanaticism can only think within the religious framework....and so what confronts them must be a religion, with the usual religious hierarchies: creator/leader, priest/mouthpiece, followers/minions.

Recidivist

Recidivist

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Here's a taste of Bill's philosophizing:

Quote :
Mon Jun 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM PDT
Wazzup House Negros?

by Bill Wiltrack

I assume that you would be preferred to be called that, house Negro that is.

Let's be clear, the seat of humanity is located sometime around 75,000 years ago, somewhere in the Rift Valley of Africa.

We are all African.

apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:37 pm

He posted something about kissing his dog's anus too. It's unclear what he's trying to achieve.

apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Would you send me a picture of your ass?

It would give me something to jack off to. My picture of Satyr is wearing out.
Back to top Go down
https://knowthyself.forumotion.net
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:50 am

Fausty was, like many German soldiers during the last great war, only following orders, with half a heart.
Glad to see that he contributed to the mediocrity he now must endure and feels most comfortable in....but he did not wish it.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:02 pm

This is typical of all indoctrinated, cowards and imbeciles comfortable in their sheltered world.

Can you provide a link to where this "heated" debate is taking place?

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:08 am

Ha!!!
Twisted Evil
They’ve politically-corrected themselves into boredom.
Numbers mean nothing, when all of them say 1.

One of the turds (maia) alludes to our forum, implying that there are topics which we restrict.
She's probably some digruntled cunt who was too dumb to be accepted.
This turd can’t say which subjects but I think she misconstrues an intolerance of stupidity with an intolerance of a subject.
I can tolerate a discussion about God, for example, but when it is delivered, wrapped in the same infantile ribbons and toilet paper, I must object.
I've smelled that shit before...give me, at least, new shit.

I do not ban the member, nor do I lock-up the thread, I only move it to the appropriate venue and I give the member three opportunities to come up with an angle that respects the intelligence of the participants here – which is, no doubt, slightly, or not so slightly, above the norm.
There’s a time limit on how long I can listen to morons discuss subjects from the vantage point of a shared “self-evident” fallacy before I wonder why I am doing so?
What do I gain from reading morons discussing any issue in a moronic way?
What benefit do I get?
Still...I do not ban them. I palce them in the children's room where they can play and say all they want.

I would rather sit in silence, watching the birds fly in the sky.

Elitism, as I understand it, is simple:
It is a rejection of any voice, no matter what subject it chooses to lend itself to, that cannot rise above a level of mediocrity I can find at the corner grocery store, or at the sports arena.
Not a banishment…but a quarantine.
One is always allowed the possibility, no matter how improbable, of growth.
Even the Puple Dragon can ask to be allowed into the upper rooms, if he so wishes and because he's shown a perdiod of self-restraint.

Many of these turds use our few numbers and our sometimes long periods of silence, as an argument against our “contentment.”
They just cannot understand how the fact that we are few is because we wilfully discriminate; we prefer it that way, knowing what the majority out there are like.
They still can’t think beyond quantities…and the ideal of remaining silent, if you have nothing to say, is alien to them.
They would rather be involved in a chattering box full of hens, where they think the noise constitutes “free-speech” and that something great is being said; they would rather participate in expression for chickens and ducks that can only cluck-cluck the same crap-crap over and over again.

Sure, we have our own share of silent stragglers, who join in just to have access or to feel like they belong, but have a look at ILP’s membership:
Of the 6775 members, presently, how many pitch-in with their joyous recitation of Liberal, Judeo-Christian Hallelujahs?
And of those 20?....30?....how many actually post something that makes one think, instead of repeating the same-old modernistic crap one can listen to on T.V. or one can read in a book, trying to remain loyal to the way it was said and what it meant?

Stringent philosophy has become a measurement of accuracy in reference to the shared text…you know like Bible studies.

I remember back when I took ILP seriously, how I was attacked, ridiculed, buried under mundane babbling, derailing my threads, and when I reciprocated in kind, I was then reprimanded, along with a few others....treated like a little boy.
Only when I out-insulted, out-ridiculed, outperformed the retards at their own tactics was I focused on and then labeled a “Troll.”

Read the shit about “whiners’ by the biggest idiot of them all.
Anything negative said about anything is “whining” unless it is something this turd agrees with. The true “definition” of the term “whiner” is the one who exposes a negative aspect of something this turd, and the majority, depend upon to feel safe and loved.
It’s only whining when the other baby gets the bottle, and not I. If I get the bottle then it was a legitimate criticism and a welcomed insight into momma’s prejudices.

Shit…I hadn’t been back to that shithole for a while.
Things haven’t changed…still endless talk about what the hell is wrong with that place, and delicate salves to cover a bleeding wound.

Let’s use another analogy to try to adequately describe the situation, shall we?
Carleas is a douche-bag, who decided, one day, to have an open-house party dedicated to intellectual discourse.
He gathered a few mates and planned away. They decorated; they placed inspiring mottos over the doorways; they carefully positioned books upon shelves, took down their best silverware, and fluffed-up the cushions.
Then they sent out word:
"Come one, come all. Open forum for intelligent discussions on philosophy and other matters. Democratic, nobody will be hurt, all will be listened to.”

And so they started trickling in slowly.
At first things were going great. The few who came were those who were attracted to the “philosophy” and the “intelligent” parts of the invitation.

Most were dismayed by these very same terms, being mostly retards or vulnerable, shy, little dweebs, and so they stayed away in the dozens.
The conversation went on fabulously. Word got around that nobody had been hurt; nothing was ever said which insulted anybody and the few disruptors were quickly removed from the premises.
It was reputed that a few of the participants might have been female.

Oh shit, that was it.
Suddenly one, then three, then ten, started knocking at the door.
All were welcomed, just as long as you don’t start a fight, nobody gets insulted or hurt and all agree to have fun and to “play nicely,” as they put it.

Now, you can imagine how the two dozen nerds, quietly discussing philosophy in the night, over hot chocolate, might have been washed away by hundreds of retards, all with a voice and a pedestal to yell from, jostling in the house for attention, getting into the cupboards looking for booze, a few of them wondering where the chicks were at.
The first more intelligent group was suddenly drowned in a sea of mediocrity. They could start new topics, by shushing the crowd and shaming it into obedience, but no matter what topic they started, trying to return the state of affairs back to the quiet days of them sitting around conversing, the crowed always managed to return every topic back to pussy, bullshit, and God.
The original group, slightly above average as they were, either disappeared into the myriads, a few leaving from a back door never to return (their names still included in the membership lists) while most simply gave up…taking the path-of-least-resistance and blended in brilliantly.
In the turmoil of empty bravado and referencing gold you can still hear them yelling over the crowd's noise, casting about famous names, terms, words of endearing deference to their own chosen heroes; love poems to the pantheon of the famous anf fortunate.

Say somehting out of sorts, and, of course, a "joykiller" you shall be called...and the dreaded "f" word will be whispered: f...e...a...r...

As Fausty, the imbecile once told me:
“We’re just here to have fun, dude; lighten up, and grab a beer.” It was after I constructed this very same imagery for him to describe my disapproval. It was after one of my many “temporary banishments,” I recall.
Such profound words from an imbecile who had nothing to say outside his logic games.
They, at the time, still wanted me there – numbers you see - because they rightly perceived that I brought all the girls to the yard…and where there are girls… Cool

Later I decided to use that farm-house - because an open house is really a barn – as a source of samples; an endless resource of imbeciles only too eager to expose my ideas as being valid.
A few caught on, using all sorts of justifications to ignore me, but some, still suffering from the rut, could not help themselves.

As one can imagine a horny ram is fearless. It’ll face-down a wolf when it is under the influence of hormones.
I had my play.
But, once more, a few caught on and wanted my ways curbed.
I was asked to grovel beneath the head-retard’s feet, before I was allowed to toy with his herd.
The rest is history.

Nice to see that things haven’t changed one bit.
There they are, these sheeple, trying to figure out why they are so fuckin’ bored; trying to liven-up the get-together…because it is getting late and most of them have never left.
The music is beginning to repeat itself…the hosts MP3 collection was only so big; the fridge is empty and nobody is bringing in a fresh supply of drinks.
Stagnation, fatigue…mediocrity always succumbs to it…inevitably.
Talking of acceptable issues, in the appropriate manner, not stepping over any toes or hurting anyone’s feelings, can only entertain you for a while.
Then you get the repetition of music collection that limits itself to pop, the classics, and nothing after a certain year.

Good times...Good times....

Recidivist

Recidivist

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 am

Posted by Magsj:

Quote :
'Thinker' is what you become when you reach the 500 post mark.

Classic.

Recidivist

Recidivist

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:29 am

More insights into the figures that influenced these great ILP thinkers:

Smears wrote:

Quote :
And since Nelson Mandella is one of my heros, I go by his quote that "the nature of the struggle is defined by the oppressor",

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:36 am

Mandela?!
Shocked

The pot-head is a walking-cliche.

The "I am happier than you" angle is typical and hilarious.

Recidivist

Recidivist

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:32 am

Blurry wrote:
I'd go anywhere, honestly. I'd like to see as much of the world as possible before I die.

Kriswest wrote:
Then travel through the US,

See how that maternal moron is eager to discourage anyone from leaving America (the simulacrum) and encountering reality. I bet the retard doesn't even have a passport.

She cannot understand how anyone would want to leave, as it has been created to shelter and protect the weak and stupid like her. She must look out at the world beyond the fences with fear and horror like a bloated cow looks upon the wolves gathering outside the farm and praises God there are barriers to keep them out, even if it means it must live in a world of hypocrisy and lies, deceiving itself and others as to the true nature of reality.

Thick as pig shit.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:02 am

Like all females they are very emotional.
What we stand for, here, is something that makes them feel afraid....and this leads to anger and hatred.

We challenge the very foundations of their beliefs, and what they thought, up to this moment, was self-evident and beyond reproach.
We make them rethink their entire life; their actions, investments and choices.
We uncover the hypocrisy and subjectivity in their "universal" truths.
We remind them of what they are, no matter how hard they try to forget.

But, who cares?
This is about seeing reality as clearly as possible, not about comforting anyone.

Keep in mind that they are creatures of numbers, popularity, quantities.
They are unconcerned with qualities because they have no ability to understand and to evaluate them.

Therefore, the recent upsurge in participation makes them feel vulnerable.
They thought we were dead and buried...and here we are alive and kicking.

apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:42 am

I make a few posts and they're still squawking about it days later.

Laughing

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:55 pm

apaosha wrote:
I make a few posts and they're still squawking about it days later.

Laughing
Then post some more.

Recidivist

Recidivist

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 6:35 am

Laconian wrote:
Is that your impression of America? Then come to Germany indeed! If you want to find out what real socialism looks like, multiculturalism included. My experience was quite the contrary. I saw more poverty in America than here. The living standard of the poor was lower than here. There were high school students starving. (I even heard of suicides. Lots more brutal violence amongst youth, to hospitalisation, in a small town even.) With no furniture in their homes, no food in their refrigerator. (Why they kept it running? I don't know!) I got to know people who worked multiple jobs to sustain their families. They built their own houses. The US made me wake up to a harsher reality than the sheltering I experienced here. (This has changed since then too.)

So I agree with the aritficiality of the US (McDonalds, fast food, Disneylands and all the same companies taking over the middle class. Hollywood brainwashing.). That everything is similar.

With my family I've got to admire the vast landscapes and beautiful National parks.

The host family I stayed with, were people with jobs you'd consider high paid in Germany. BOTH of them working. And they didn't live like wealthy people here do, more avarage or slightly above. But with the income people with those Jobs would have in Germany, they'd be considered rich. And it would show!

I agree that the person you refer to must be a retard, but I think she doesn't know better. I had a US girlfriend visit me here in Germany and it blew her mind pretty good. She should leave the US and experience some other countries, if only as tourist.

I am glad to live in Europe, but I appreciate some things about Americans: their practicality, their sense for survival (which was weakened here due to sheltering). Of course the experiment of Socialism isn't working, why the EU is going down the drain. And it is getting more harsh here too day by day.

With the bailouts, the common currency, all the agreements to help other countries out, the constant willingness to expand the EU, integrate more and more, poorer and poorer countries.
I'm talking about the simulacrum, as it exists to protect, nurture and shape the herd, which inevitably finds its strongest expression in a nation like America, a place designed by the simulacrum itself.

Is not America a land of the rootless trying to escape their past? A simple mentality exists in order to maintain this illusion, one where existence is reduced to quantities, dollars, and striving for this becomes the meaning of existence. If instead it was a measure of quality then what yardstick would be used.. native American culture? Negro? Inca or Aztec? If they were so concerned with quality why would they ever have left Europe in the first place? Who went, the aristocracy... or the peasants?

As far as material poverty goes, although Americans are paid less than Europeans (and they have to be to maintain America's central cultural mythology that you can get rich quick) the vast resources they possess negates this difference. Europe has less resources, a denser population and a poorer climate. This makes it leaner and its people fitter.

Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:17 pm

From a PC article, but still: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"The money quote in Phillip’s piece:

Trolls are cultural scavengers, and engage in a process I describe as cultural digestion: They take in, regurgitate, and subsequently weaponize existing tropes and cultural sensitivities. By examining the recurring targets of trolling, it is therefore possible to reverse-engineer the dominant landscape.

Consider trolls’ deeply contentious but ultimately homologous relationship with sensationalist corporate media. For example, when trolls court emotional distress in the wake of a tragedy by posting upsetting messages to Facebook memorial pages and generally being antagonistic towards so-called “grief tourists,” they are swiftly condemned — and understandably so. But when corporate media outlets splash the most sensationalist, upsetting headlines or images across their front page, press the friends and families of suicide victims to relive the trauma of having their loved one’s RIP page attacked by trolls (and in the case of this MSNBC segment, by forcing them to read the hateful messages on camera), or pour over every possible detail about bullied teenage suicides, despite the risks of “copycat suicide,” the only objectively measurable media effect, and in so doing slap a dollar sign on personal tragedy, it’s just business as usual. In both cases, audience distress is courted and exploited for profit. Granted, trolls’ “profit” is measured in lulz, not dollars. Still, the respective processes by which these profits are achieved are strikingly similar, and in many cases — which I chronicled throughout my dissertation — indistinguishable.

I am not arguing that members of the media are trolls, at least not in the subcultural sense. I am however suggesting that trolls and sensationalist corporate media have more in common than the latter would care to admit, and that by engaging in a grotesque pantomime of these best corporate practices, trolls call attention to how the sensationalist sausage is made. This certainly doesn’t give trolls a free pass, but it does serve as a reminder that ultimately, trolls are symptomatic of much larger problems. Decrying trolls without at least considering the ways in which they are embedded within and directly replicate existing systems is therefore tantamount to taking a swing at an object’s reflection and hanging a velvet rope around the object itself."

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 pm

fent wrote:
They're still getting uppity over at ILP.
Concerning what?

Did someone remind them that I'm alive?

Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Maia: "I don't know why people are imputing global collectivism to it. Paganism is the ultimate libertarianism."

She sums up the nonsense there succinctly. What a group!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and all that bs:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : Where UFOs are described as the "moving sun"... I wonder if this will mutate into the symbolism of the Swastika, and then you'll have third reich and UFOs and ancient technology and evolved beings... transhumanism... hmm...

Pagan "tolerance" = libertarian 'individualism'...?

There are two kinds of individualisms, and two kinds of selfishness.

The Libertarian individual is an atomic individual who understands selfish-ness as the atomic ego indulging in its hedonistic/narcissistic pursuits.

The Pagan individual is an affirmative individual who understands self-ishness as the sovereignty over everything, everyone in his path through a ranked-ordering, a linking hierarchy affirming each and every such atom, affirming life, and himself.

"De Tocqueville, for example, criticizes the atomistic individualism, characteristic of democratic ages, which ‘merges with egoism’ and private interest, and ‘disposes each citizen to isolate himself from the mass of his fellows’. According to de Tocqueville, the equality which gives each citizen independence ultimately renders him isolated from the rest of society. Equality ‘tends to isolate men from each other’, encloses each citizen within himself, makes him forgetful of his ancestors and his descendents, and indifferent to the public and public virtue.
De Tocqueville and the other aristocratic liberals are antagonistic towards the self-interested, bourgeois form of individualism which preoccupies itself solely with personal ends and personal ambition, with its own well-being, comfort and security, and which dissociates itself from any wider social and political commitments or responsibility.

...In the Untimely Meditations, Nietzsche critically refers to our age as an ‘age of atoms, of atomistic chaos’ (UM III 4) and pejoratively employs the expression ‘atomistic revolution’ (UM IV 6). ...Nietzsche disparages not only the isolation and bourgeois self-interest of the individual in democratic culture, the ‘private person’, but also the abstract and ahistorical conception of the individual. Nietzsche conceives the individual as physiologically and organically situated in relation to particular historical and social circumstances, communities, institutions and practices. This view is expressed in acute opposition to the Christian, Cartesian (modern) and classical liberal conception of the individual, as well as to the abstract, fictive individual of Rousseau’s social contract theory, also excoriated by Taine and Burckhardt.
The Nietzschean individual is neither hollowed-out nor abstract, whereby the ‘uniqueness of his being has become an . . . uncommunicating atom’ (UM III 3)." [D.Dombowsky, Nietzsche's Machiavellian Politics]

What kind of "pride of individuality" is it to be asked to let alone on a self-determined path, yet seek 'minimum' government regulation to safeguard property? Its the 'pride' of one commissioning a watchman to provide him a soft snoring sleep at night. Pride of buying a peaceful sleep! LOL...

That is Paganism !

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:37 pm

I cannot set this cow straight...but who shall go there and stir that pot of feces?

Just for fun.

Sponsored content

Forums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next