Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 3:39 pm

I love this quote because it's so true....

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 9:28 am

"The Holocaust is the blood libel of the white race." - Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 10:55 am

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 5:18 pm

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 12:59 am

“Sometimes the only option is to raise the stakes, to throw yourself the other way, to force your opponent further down the path they've chosen, further than they might want to go.” - Mark Lawrence (Emperor of Thorns)
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 5:59 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 6:17 pm

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptySat May 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Max Stirner wrote:
Those who exhort men to "unselfishness" think they are saying an uncommon deal. What do they understand by it? Probably something like what they understand by "self-renunciation." But who is this self that is to be renounced and to have no benefit? It seems that you yourself are supposed to be it. And for whose benefit is unselfish self-renunciation recommended to you? Again for your benefit and behoof, only that through unselfishness you are procuring your "true benefit".

You are to benefit yourself, and yet you are not to seek your benefit. People regard the unselfish the benefactor of men.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptySun May 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Adolf Hitler wrote:
In the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods.

It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously.

Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 1:33 am

Fyodor Dostoyevsky wrote:
 The world says: “You have needs - satisfy them. You have as much right as the rich and the mighty. Don’t hesitate to satisfy your needs; indeed, expand your needs and demand more.” This is the worldly doctrine of today. And they believe that this is freedom. The result for the rich is isolation and suicide, for the poor, envy and murder.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyTue May 15, 2018 7:01 am

As above, so below.

Hermes Trismegistus (Newton Trans.) wrote:
Tis true without lying, certain & most true.
That which is below is like that which is above & that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing
And as all things have been & arose from one by the mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the moon its mother, the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth is its nurse.
The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.
It ascends from the earth to the heaven & again it descends to the earth & receives the force of things superior & inferior.
By this means you shall have the glory of the whole world
& thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
Its force is above all force. For it vanquishes every subtle thing & penetrates every solid thing.
So was the world created.
From this are & do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (or process) is here in this. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world
That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished & ended.

Absent absolutes - both ends.
Power/force by underhanded means is possible by overhanded.
The depth of any truth can memetically be subverted in the human mind with just as much force, turning it into massive vulnerability, by its negation.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 11:06 am

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 11:15 am

I envision a future like Balderunner.
An endless landscape of urbanization, continuous rainfall due to the meting of all snow and ice, raising the water levels and covering more of the earth's surface, resulting in more humidity and more precipitation.
More humidity will block sunlight from reaching the surface of the earth, lowering temperatures and increasing snowfall.

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 8:38 am

Let's hope the snow covers it all, deep and long enough.

Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 1:51 pm

AutSider wrote:

Meh. Personally I view Jesus as just a man trying to evolve the human race in a savage age. He was just trying to say that we should all treat each other with compassion, because despite our differences we all are sentient and suffer all the same.

I like to imagine Jesus was a pimp who told his disciples to fornicate with as many women as possible to spread the love. History is written by the victors so there is a chance the Romans censored his teachings and turned him into a cuck who told everyone to be celibate virgins. I like to think he was anti-celibacy and a womanizer.

In any case in his day and age the romans and jews were stupid savages and needed some kind of higher teachings. One of the quotes I like to think of is the quote "when i understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, i also love him" it is very tragic and dark and the kind of music I like is tragic and dark.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Satyr wrote:
I envision a future like Balderunner.
An endless landscape of urbanization, continuous rainfall due to the meting of all snow and ice, raising the water levels and covering more of the earth's surface, resulting in more humidity and more precipitation.
More humidity will block sunlight from reaching the surface of the earth, lowering temperatures and increasing snowfall.    

More doomsaying from you. I am noticing a pattern here.

The government should sterilize the population before we are that overpopulated. Sterilize anyone stupid or ugly. The only exceptions to the rule should be ugly high IQs, beautiful idiots, or a stupid ugly person who is a great worker drone.

Of course we would need to invent a new form of IQ test because I believe the old kinds of tests to be flawed. The insanity of humanity is demonstrated with their usually unbearably congested traffic flows and constant denial of reality, pretending climate change is not something that concerns our dailies and the modern's impetus to be positive in the face of doom, traffic congestion, and slavery.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 8:41 pm

Cruse, Harold wrote:
The original Negro jazz was ‘puerile,’ ‘shapeless and chaotic.’
It was left to Jewish musicians and composers to polish up this pristine black music and render it sophisticated enough for presentation to the general public.  

OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 1:34 am

[quote="Satyr"]
Cruse, Harold wrote:
The original Negro jazz was ‘puerile,’ ‘shapeless and chaotic.’
It was left to Jewish musicians and composers to polish up this pristine black music and render it sophisticated enough for presentation to the general public.  
Videos please.

Quote :

Quote doesn't make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 1:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 9:58 am

Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 2:19 pm

MS-13 Motto: Kill, Rape, Control
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 1:39 pm

"In order to acknowledge that someone hates you, and throughout our lives many people do hate us, you have to acknowledge that you have something about you that someone could hate. Most people don't have a strong enough ego to either hate or allow themselves to be hated by others because they are inherently dishonest with themselves and others." - Anonymous

On those who are lemmingly naive about those who hate them.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 3:39 pm

Leonardo Da Vinci wrote:
*Supreme happiness will be the greatest cause of misery, and the perfection of wisdom the occasion of folly.

*Experience is not at fault: it is only our judgment that is in error in promising itself from experience things which are not within her power.Wrongly do men cry out against experience and with bitter reproaches accuse her of deceitfulness. Let experience alone, and rather turn your complaints against your own ignorance, which causes you to be so carried away by your vain and insensate desires as to expect from experience things which are not within her power!
Wrongly do men cry out against innocent experience, accusing her often of deceit and lying demonstrations!

*Two weaknesses leaning together create a strength. Therefore, the half of the world leaning against the half becomes firm.

*While I thought I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.

*Man has great power of speech, but the greater part thereof is empty and deceitful. The animals have little, but that little is useful and true; and better is a small and certain thing than a great falsehood.

*Water struck by water creates circles at a great distance round the spot where it is struck; the voice in the air goes further, in fire further still; mind ranges over the universe but being finite it does not extend into infinity.

*What is it that is much desired by men, but which they know not while possessing? It is sleep.

*Every action done by nature is done in the shortest way.

*Levity is born of gravity and gravity of levity; repaying in the same instant the boon of their creation they grow the more in power as they grow in life and have the more life in proportion as they have more movement; in the same instant also they destroy one another in the common vendetta of their death.

*Lo some who can call themselves nothing more than a passage for food, producers of dung, fillers up of privies, for of them nothing else appears in the world, nor in there any virtue in their work, nothing of them remains but full privies.

*Among the great things which are found among us the existence of Nothing is the greatest. This dwells in time, and stretches its limbs into past and the future, and with these takes to itself all works that are past and those that are to come, both of nature and of the animals, and possesses nothing of the indivisible present. It does not however extend to the essence of anything.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 am

Thomas Carlyle wrote:
I should say sincerity, a deep, great, genuine sincerity, is the first characteristic of all men in any way heroic. Not the sincerity that calls itself sincere; ah no, that is a very poor matter indeed;--a shallow braggart conscious sincerity; oftenest self-conceit mainly. The Great Man’s sincerity is of the kind he cannot speak of, is not conscious of: nay, I suppose, he is conscious rather of insincerity; for what man can walk accurately by the law of truth for one day? No, the Great Man does not boast himself sincere, far from that; perhaps does not ask himself if he is so: I would say rather, his sincerity does not depend on himself; he cannot help being sincere! The Great Fact of existence is great to him. Fly as he will, he cannot get out of the awful presence of this Reality. His mind is so made; he is great by that, first of all. Fearful and wonderful, real as Life, real as Death, is the Universe to him. Though all men should forget its truth, and walk in a vain show, he cannot. At all moments, the Flame-image glares-in upon him; undeniable, there, there!—I wish you to take this as my primary definition of a Great Man.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 6:35 pm

C. Jung wrote:
The Aryan subconscious has a higher potential than the Jewish.

C. Jung wrote:
The Jews have this particularity in common with women; being physically weaker, they have to aim at the chinks in the armour of their adversary.

C. Jung wrote:
The Jew, who is something of a nomad, has never yet created a cultural form of his own, and as far as we can see, never will, since all his instincts and talents require a more or less civilized nation to act as host for their development.

Bad goy, is all anti-Semitic and Nazi-like.
I just can't understand the roots of all this hatred. Must be some kind of psychosis or, like the pretty lady says about being called a 'bitch' by other ladies ...."they just jealous, is all".
Well, we know he's not some 'loser' living in his mother's basement spouting hate-speech to get noticed...so it must be something else.
Interesting that this is exactly the reason why terrorists attack the US...we are told.
The explanation is so simple, and obvious....how could we have missed it?

Suspect

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 5:26 pm

Epicurus wrote:
The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Michel De Montaigne wrote:
It is not our follies that make me laugh, but our wisdom.

If people complain that i speak too much of myself, i complain that they do not think of themselves at all.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Fyodor Dostoevsky wrote:
I could never understand how one can love one's neighbors. It's just one's neighbors, to my mind, that one can't love, though one might love those at a distance. I once read somewhere of John the Merciful, a saint, that when a hungry, frozen beggar came to him, he took him into his bed, held him in his arms and began breathing into his mouth, which was putrid and loathsome from some awful disease. I am convinced that he did that from "self-laceration", from the self-laceration of falsity, for the sake of charity imposed by duty, as a penance laid on him. For any one to love a man, he must be hidden for as soon as he shows his face, love is gone.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote:
The world is his who can see through its pretension
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes. - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quotes, Excerpts, Anecdotes.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next