Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Personal dance developments and insights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 4:49 pm

I and another do 3 solo's of Svanuri dance.

And struck thy sword to my heart."

2. "The Noble Hart | my name, and I go
A motherless man abroad;
Father I had not, | as others have,
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 5:50 pm

Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 Img_8613

To wear this Svanuri choxa gave me an atavistic feeling of strength and wholeness relating to the dance and a sense of deep respect to the deep ancestral roots of these people and their ways of expressing.

Yet, after some repetition in the evening we realised that we forgot the 6th solo which we were certain of that we practised before creating the 8th during the day, we got a sense of confusion and disappointment, we probably integrated it in the 7th in all enthusiam.

It ended up in..

One of these days we will do the eight solos in a more traditional manner on camera.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 6:51 am

We had no time anymore to do the last solo in a profound manner, only the practise of when we made the choreography. Had to choose from the clips both with too much lack in expression but chose this one to include because the rhythm is better.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 7:17 am

I like the uniform.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 2:56 pm

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 5:49 am

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Love the Irish dancing; good people too, anybody going out for cultural-sportive activities look in general good - one American girl stood out to me as she not only looked beautiful but she too has the same style as I (and tattoo positioning) and she too goes from country to country to learn folk dances and live freely and go from one city to another (in Ireland) to learn various folk dances (passion and sacrifice).

Synchronicity..

I love myself and she looks like me, I can love her like myself but even more and better as she is not me.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 3:20 am

I have OhFortunae to thank for my beginning of dancing; and it is so powerful to step dance - to everything. The pounding of the feet; either open enjoyment or open stomping - totally against the modern 'order'. If he has a grave, I will dance on it; whether it takes me 10 or 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 6:17 am

What kind of dancing?

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 6:57 am

Satyr wrote:
What kind of dancing?

Improvised step dancing. I noticed too many nigger influences in my dancing and found less African, less effeminate expression in pounding my feet on the ground, and around, without moving my torso or head (which, if too violent, causes tension headaches in the neck). Connected, influenced, but not solely a fruit of my Irish heritage.

Being American, I recalled a quote from somewhere, Nietzsche, Hitler, or some other artist, about America's dance being Africanized/'negro-influenced'.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 3:19 pm

More complexity in modern rock music gives more opportunities to improvise, 'invent'. I have yet to try classical, or metal, but I imagine it to be a challenge. Hip-Hop, like from the 80s, is partly too soft; requiring effeminate movements. If one knows of the 'techno viking', I took inspiration from him as well. EDM/techno is not as soft.

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 4:18 pm

It has more angular motions and rapid acceleration but every "improvised" kind of dancing is essentially feminine to my eyes. It can be masculine once there is a deliberate choreography like in most classical dances (not that every choreography is itself masculine).
I think of it like rhythm and melody in music, rhythm alone is feminine in my views, you need something more deliberate and complexity like a melody or variations of melodies or themes.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 4:36 pm

Anfang wrote:
It has more angular motions and rapid acceleration but every "improvised" kind of dancing is essentially feminine to my eyes. It can be masculine once there is a deliberate choreography like in most classical dances (not that every choreography is itself masculine).
I think of it like rhythm and melody in music, rhythm alone is feminine in my views, you need something more deliberate and complexity like a melody or variations of melodies or themes.

In the beginning with improvisation, it is a more effeminate movement; but continual advancement in dancing turns the 'liquid' movements into something rigorous; if you listen to the same songs or song types, predicting the changes in melody.

It is creating structure, not following it. But, likely nothing is as rigorous or difficult as authentically engaging in a choreographed dance - and everything it is supposed to represent. Understanding, not mimicking.

Marching is its own form of dance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal dance developments and insights Personal dance developments and insights - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Personal dance developments and insights
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3