Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

the nature of truth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dannerz

the nature of truth Empty
PostSubject: the nature of truth the nature of truth EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 8:25 am

I have tried to explain my feelings about truths.
I'll try to post them here now:

Arguing against truth also means what you are saying itself is also not truth.

Anti truth arguments have to do with the idea that humans are incapable of truth.
When looking at fools, it can seem that truth is doomed by their failure.
This is pessimism. Anti truthers are often quite pessimistic people.

Like i said in my sig elsewhere, truth is all about the living senses.

There's nothing wrong with aspiring to know the truth about things.
If there was no distinction between this or that, there would be no choice making.
Freedom has to do with how much clear truth you have.

There are also true values.
Values are not ideas made up of nothing.
Values are principles that guide actions.
Values are tools for dealing with reality.

Some people abort thought due to their pessimism.
They never reach passed a certain threshold of thought.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: the nature of truth the nature of truth EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 9:31 am

Then begin by defining "truth" and "value".

I'll offer mine.
Truth - since there is no absolute - no omniscience, omnipotence, wholeness, completeness, finality, singularity outside minds, in the form of abstractions, e.g., ideas/ideals - in a fluctuating interactive existence, "truth" refers to a subjective perspective with an assumed qualitative and quantitative superiority - a higher probability within the expanding field of possibilities we call space/time or cosmos.

Value is a product of a triangulation, with the subject as its primary point, and objective as its secondary point, and the third being the objective perspective of both, i.e., the mediating distance, in-between being the juxtaposition of subject with its objective.
The distance, relative to the subjects evaluation of it and of itself, determines the evaluation of a value given to the objective.
Therefore, the difficulty, or rarity, or effort, required to attain, to reach, an objective gives it a value.

Values can also mean a shared evaluation of guiding principles, or objectives, held in high regard by a collective - or a shared external standard for evaluating subject and objective, i.e., the third point of the triangulation.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
dannerz

PostSubject: Re: the nature of truth the nature of truth EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 9:40 am

I think your definitions are good enough. So i have basically nothing to add about that.

I define truth in its aspects.
Like many parts of a bigger picture.
So that is why i make comments about it, based on aspects, or pieces.
I would hope that others already have the picture, or key parts of it.
Then they understand and a conclusion is reached.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: the nature of truth the nature of truth EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 9:45 am

So, you would also agree that these "pieces" must be juxtaposed - measured, validated - against a shared standard, a common ground.
We immediately discard cultural ideals, ands seek a more objective standard in existence prior to the emergence of man and his artifices - the natural world existing independent from humanity.
I call this bottom<>up. From the lowest perceptible point, the most distant past, the most independent source, we begin building a foundation - like when building a structure we must dig into the ground, the earth.

dannerz

PostSubject: Re: the nature of truth the nature of truth EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 9:49 am

I see truth as an embodiment.
It is an inner bodily process.

The common ground is also internal for this process.
One must make their own standards and systems.
You can only learn so much from humanity.
A lot of things must be learned from the world.
Directly learned from nature,
instead of learning from a 'teacher'.
Insight, evaluation, sound mindedness, curiousity, etc.
These are virtues because they help a person become more noble
and less chimp-like.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: the nature of truth the nature of truth EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 9:58 am

Yes, and by "embodiment" I understand it as being physical, tangible, matter/energy, observable, experienced sensually.
Pertaining to organic bodies, they are not superficial, but manifestations of a determined past, made present, as presence and perceived as an appearance, with varying degree of accuracy and detail.

A "teacher" is but a mediator that makes himself irrelevant to the student, in time and if he is a "good teacher" and not a charlatan who makes of himself the students idol/icon.
Therefore, I, as student, surpass my teachers just as I, as man, surpass my father - without losing appreciation or respect for them. this makes me immune to idol worshipping, such as the idealization of Nietzsche, or Jesus, or Marx, or whomever.
Their insights can be affirmed, by me, in a shared world.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: the nature of truth the nature of truth EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 10:13 am

The best teacher is the one that shows you what was always in front of your eyes; tells you what you've always known to be true....aletheia - un-forgetting, re-calling.

Connects your mind to the body - embodying it.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: the nature of truth the nature of truth EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 4:32 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: the nature of truth the nature of truth EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 12:11 pm

Truth describes a perspective's relation to a shared, indifferent, objective, reality.

Three broad types of truth:

1- Truth that offers an immediate and certain advantage.

2- Truth that offers no perceptible, immediate advantage - an uncertain advantage - or a possible future advantage.

3- Truth that is a disadvantage.

The idea that reality - world, cosmos - is benevolent or positive towards the living, therefore any truthful perspective is automatically advantageous.
If this were truly so then lies would not be necessary to comfort and protect minds that are unable to endure reality, ro any truth that exposes it to them, as they try to hide form it - blinding themselves or reinventing it using words/symbols.

Brain/Mind is an organ, like all organs, in the service of an organism - its primary, primal, function is to increase the probability of the organism's survival - including procreation, which extends it partially.
Truth which is detrimental or not immediately useful - contradicting the necessary lies it needs to endure - are rejected as lies, whereas lies become more truthful than reality itself.
Perspective no longer refers to reality but to lies renamed truths - lies become truths when they are "liberated" from reality's indifferent limitations and threatening processes.

Collectivization is a way of sharing lies that have been converted to truths - no longer referring to reality but to communal interests.
Ethics disconnected from evolved moral behaviours.

Collective lies become shared "morals/ethics".....ensuring the collective's survival and propagation.
These lies become esoteric, whereas exoteric necessities contradict these collectivized esoteric "truths".

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the nature of truth the nature of truth Empty

Back to top Go down

the nature of truth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1