Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Finnish Politics/Happenings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jarno

Jarno

Finnish Politics/Happenings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finnish Politics/Happenings Finnish Politics/Happenings - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 7:25 am

"Do you still remember? In 2007, 13-year-old Waltteri guessed that the Russian submarine photos were from the movie Titanic"

This is how that Russian has always played in spreading false information."

Article:
"In the late summer of 2007, 13-year-old Waltteri Seretin from Kemi saw a footage published in Ilta-Sanomat. The footage showed the submarines of the Russian research expedition at the bottom of the Arctic Ocean, which had been the first to descend to a depth of more than 4,000 meters on August 2. According to the picture and the news published internationally with it, the Russians had erected a titanic Russian flag at the bottom of the sea, which symbolizes new territorial water occupations. "

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

Finnish Politics/Happenings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finnish Politics/Happenings Finnish Politics/Happenings - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2023 9:59 am

Even my family (in this case fathers side) came from evacuated areas, got all their property burned or stolen by Russians and had to resettle in an area designated for battlefront/front soldiers, grandfather built house for his family

So basically people had to start all over from nothing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(worse article in english)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Funnily enough, I learned this today, didn't know any details because never met either of my grandfathers (since they died before I was born and other one I was too young to remember much), and either way old people rarely like to talk about the war so it's not easy thing to find out
Back to top Go down

Finnish Politics/Happenings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2