Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Quote :
But this is only with regard to preservation, conservation. Which is a passive, defensive point of view with an implication of the past opposing and resisting the present and future, rather than seeing them as the past's avenue of continuation, advancement. The implication of the has-been, the overcome, the fading, the replaced. Not ... progressivist, with it's implications of forward movement, newness, creation, it's claim on the future and associations with race-mixing, miscegenation and multi-culturalism.

I think calling it 'passive' would confuse things.
The Active masculine Apollonian drive is defensive and conservative.
The Active feminine Dionysian drive is corrosive and expansionist.

Restraint and putting the brakes on something is as Active a stance than creating crap just to 'survive at any cost' - a typically jewish meme. The Aryan meme - to me, is not just about living, but How one lives.
The great flowers of our race - Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Hitler, etc. all died childless... this can be taken both as something to be objected
[as in such geniuses should never die childless in the future - that's what they were fighting for!], or something to be emulated [as in knowing how to live and when to die - leading by example, death too sets its own standards and real-izes a peculiar meme... we call Aryan or Hyperborean].

As far as I have studied, the Vedics, the Greeks, the Romans, and the Iranians had a dual concept of the Domus and the Familia/Grossefamilie.

Roughly put, the Domus meant the homestead of blood-kinships that could accomodate slaves, from a social point of view. [Greeks called this Oikos 'participation in food and worship'.]
Familia meant the household of all members under the arche of a Man, his authority, from a legal point of view.

So even if a Roman Man did not have children genetically, possessed no Domus, he could still be a Patriarch and Expand his Family-line through adoption of another boy, or freeing a slave, and have his property transferred on the condition the latter would continue his 'Family'.

"Wealthy aristocrats adopted adult sons in their wills on condition that as heirs they assume the testator's nomen.15 The underlying
premise is the notion that continuity of the familia and its name is, in itself, of some importance. Consequently, Seneca (Ben. 3.334) could describe a son as a beneficium (favor) to his father on the ground that the son would provide domus ac familiae perpetuitas (the continuation of house and family). The honor of the familia had an existence apart from its individual members." [Richard Saller, Patriarchy, Property and Death]

"Lat. domus, which designates not an edifice, but the “home” as a social entity, whose incarnation is the dominus. Consequently, domus entered into contrasting pairs, the second term of which designates what is outside the circle of the home: domi militiaeque, domi : peregre, domesticus : rusticus; the couple domi : foris ‘home-outside’ shows that the word *dhwer- ‘door’ designated the frontier, seen from inside, between the inside and the outside world." [Benveniste, I.E. Language and Society]

"The Roman household was conceived of as an economic and juridical unit or estate: familia originally meant the group of the famuli (the servi or serfs and slaves of a rural estate) living under the same roof. This meaning later expanded to indicate the familia as the basic Roman social unit, which might include the domus (house or home) but was legally distinct from it—a familia might own one or several homes. All members and properties of a familia were subject to the authority of a pater familias: his legal, social and religious position defined familia as a microcosm of the Roman state.
In Roman law, the potestas of the pater familias was official but distinct from that of magistrates.
Only a Roman citizen held the status of pater familias and there could only be one holder of the office within a household. He was responsible for its well-being, reputation and legal and moral propriety. The entire familia was expected to adhere to the core principles and laws of the Twelve Tables, which the pater familias had a duty to exemplify, enjoin and if necessary enforce, so within the familia Republican law and tradition (mos maiorum) allowed him powers of life and death (vitae necisque potestas)." [[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]

"In legal terms, familia included all those under the power of the pater familias; sometimes it meant only the slaves. The pater familias was usually the oldest male. His heirs were under his power, as were the slaves, but not necessarily his wife. A boy without mother or children could be a pater familias. In non-legal terms, the mother/wife could be included in the familia, although the term usually used for this unit was domus, which we translate as 'home'." [Richard Saller, 'Familia, Domus', and the Roman Conception of the Family; Phoenix, Vol. 38, No. 4. (Winter, 1984), pp. 336-355.]

"The duty of perpetuating the domestic worship was the foundation of the law of adoption among the ancients. ...When a son was adopted, it was necessary, first of all, that he should be initiatedinto a form of worship, "introduced into a domestic religion, brought into thepresence of new Penates."
Adoption, therefore, was accompanied by a ceremonyvery like that which took place at the birth of a son. In this way the new comer wasadmitted to the hearth, and associated in the new religion. Gods, sacred objects, rites,prayers, all became common between him and his adopted father. They said of him, In sacra transiit — He has passed to the worship of the new family.
...The foundation of relationship was not birth; it was worship." [Coulanges, Ancient City]

So, to the ancients, whether a Male possessed a Domus or not, he had to Expand his Family. Go Dionysian.

For the same reason, a Female had to be Conservative and guard the sanctity of her Domus, her hearth. Go Apollonian.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:08 pm

Quote :
Interesting also that Jewishness passes from the mother. A willingness to incorporate the other within the self, as opposed to a resistance to and opposition of the self against the other. A very effeminate strategy. "The only race is the human race."

Yes, exactly.

This makes the concept of Rape interesting.

A self-respecting female would resist an Outsider - this would be an indication of her health. To an outside alpha-male, this would appear attractive; the more she resists, the more healthier she appears and he wants to partake of that health.
So while to an alpha-male, it is her health that incites rape, to a zeta-male, it is a woman's weakness and her vulnerability that makes her attractive to him. It helps differentiate where Zeus-Hades part.

Quote :
Interesting that a mono-dominant racial future is considered taboo, when in nature we see competition between various genetically distinct organisms for resources and territory, the eventual victor wiping out it's competitors and emerging as the only occupant of it's niche.

I think nature's waxing/waning cycle Is to prevent complete wiping out, in favour of subjugations that preserve diversity...

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Quote :
How does the meme become the gene?

To Nietzsche, it is through digestion and digestion meant proper proportion, Knowing Oneself - Nothing in excess. Roman acculturation of Greek memes... how much did they manage to incorporate? - We can only speak of it in degrees.
To Evola, regular command and obedience automate over time after homogenous generations into blood-instincts. We can say a meme has become a successful gene when it starts flourishing, becomes life-enhancing.
Satyr gives the example of how a whole meme of shared victimhood engendered the Jews as a 'race'.

Quote :
Do you think it is possible that individuals from certain races being bearers of certain traits could be combined - bred - in order to result in a higher, nobler species?
What traits? What races? Towards what goal and in what combinations? What would be lost through these combinations and how could or should that be avoided?

Every race has a potential for absorbing or seeding the other. But memes that blend in can be blended out too. Children born to Xt. families and raised in Xt. atmosphere still manage to break out...
Its not just Reason, but the Spirit, the Will for reasoning that must be present - a temperament, an attitude to be cultivated, a rigorous discipline that can blend out the memes that blended in since generations.
I was reading Sloterdijk's 'Critique of Cynicism' recently - a fantastic work, and he implies that a person with Intelligence and no Will is like a Cynic who knows what's happening but lacks the spirit to do anything about it.
The first goal would be to train for a fit body. A sound mind needs a sound body to support it in act, in spirit, in deed.
The second goal which relates to Satyr's recent post on the Meta-narrative thread, is the undertaking of wide-scale temple constructions. We need Architecture - a place that sets a rhythm, a tradition going. The reason Xt. manages to brainwash others into a blank state while it continues to thrive is because of Architecture - it makes a 'brotherhood' and 'community' possible because there is 'space' where people are regulated by well-acknowledged rituals, a familiarity.
Unless the norm and such new gods are not given space, the rare godlike god-less exceptions cannot flourish either.
The 'ultimate' goal must be about raising the bar of the human species, which is only possible through the coming about of very elite individuals, artist-tyrants, noble-criminals, philosopher-kings, whatever one might call them.

As to which races should combine, I don't know. The experimentation has been so haphazard and untidy, but surely white-black combination after all these years did not create any genius in any field,, atleast not that I know of.
Whites and Jews have been "successful" in the jewish sense, and that's enough said.
Whites and Asians - 'have no idea.

I think speaking of race and racial combinations in this wholescale sense is no longer going to be meaningful... its gone so corrupt, only traditions and beliefs are left as indicators for who's who.
We might have to afford to take the path of a creative-destruction, i.e. endure the destruction of a line and graft a carrier meme, and create anew. The Heraclitean 'child' or aion starts anew again and again from scratch, joyfully and unwearily, when the flux washes away its old world.
But wherever homogeneity reigns and has reigned so far in the full [genetic+memetic] sense, it should continue to do so. It makes no sense to disturb and break a perfectly working line to experiment a new one in this age.

In your case, you have the advantage of age with you. Domus, then Familie too... maybe...!

Last edited by Lyssa on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Quote :
Is the Ubermensch the product of a eugenics program?

N. was perfectly clear in AC, that by the breeding of the Overman, he did Not mean a Transhuman project as in what would succeed man as a species, but to him, it was a question of "what kind of Man" should be bred... - it was in terms of a sovereign temperament, spirit, nature, attitude that he thought could come about only through caste-like segregations among certain stocks of noble blood. The segregating system would separate each man according to the nature he exhibited and refined cultivation of it through sub-castes within castes would refine man further and further. I think he meant the practiSe of Sovereignty itself would be bred out as a specialization - a Race of Men apart who only knew how to Rule and Legislate and set standards of Nobility, etc.

Quote :

Quote :
You have a difference between a bio-genetic race and as you say and what I call a race of memetic-Carriers grafted non-biologically/culturally alone, on an alien population that becomes functionally-'white'; but what of that section that is White in appearance and genetically, but the mind of a non-I.E.? Would you call this section White-degenerates or non-Whites?

I said "westernized", not "becomes white".

If we are to say that the concept of the West as a memetic group is the creation of a genetic lineage, whites, and that this memetic grouping can be applied to non-whites, then we are describing a memetic conquest.

But the memetic group called the "West" is a construct of Hellenism and Judaism, not the race as a whole.

Yes, I noted that; its why I put white in quotes. By "functionally-'white'" - whatever construct functions as White for all practical purposes. Today's West is a Jewish west and you have people like Natalie here saying they are the real 'Whites'!

Back to top Go down
Cold Weasel

Cold Weasel

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Lyssa wrote:
I'm not well-informed in this stream, perhaps you can tell me if redheads are known for any distinctive characteristic, temperament, skill or evolutionary advantage?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
"A team working with Lars Arendt-Nielsen of the International Association for the Study of Pain, that also conducts research at Aalborg University in Denmark, wanted to find out more about red heads’ reaction to pain. They conducted research on 20, pale-skinned women with red hair, and 20 women with dark or blonde hair. They applied a cream containing chili pepper on their skin and left it for a half hour. All the subjects reacted identically. In a second round of the experiment, the researchers irritated the women’s skin mechanically: and here, red heads turned out to be a lot less sensitive to the pain.

"Arendt-Nielsen and his team reached the conclusion that redheads are less sensitive to certain types of pain such as needle pricks or applied pressure. It seems that the pain resulting from exposure to cold or heat is processed differently by the body than pressure, pricks and scratches. Redheads are less sensitive to the latter, and more to the former."

My Mom, sister, and I are red-headed. Both our families carry the gene. My hair was a vivid burnt-orange when I was little, same as my Mom's. Now it's becoming lighter and blonde. My sister's hair is bright orange.

Anecdotally I can confirm most of these pain sensitivity traits. Funny story about requiring more anesthetic: My Mom had surgery to remove a disc in her lower back. She remembers waking up during the operation and groggily asking the doctors if they needed any assistance. They said "Oh my god...No, thank you." Then she was out again.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Cold Weasel wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
I'm not well-informed in this stream, perhaps you can tell me if redheads are known for any distinctive characteristic, temperament, skill or evolutionary advantage?

Quote :
"A team working with Lars Arendt-Nielsen of the International Association for the Study of Pain, that also conducts research at Aalborg University in Denmark, wanted to find out more about red heads’ reaction to pain. They conducted research on 20, pale-skinned women with red hair, and 20 women with dark or blonde hair. They applied a cream containing chili pepper on their skin and left it for a half hour. All the subjects reacted identically. In a second round of the experiment, the researchers irritated the women’s skin mechanically: and here, red heads turned out to be a lot less sensitive to the pain.

"Arendt-Nielsen and his team reached the conclusion that redheads are less sensitive to certain types of pain such as needle pricks or applied pressure. It seems that the pain resulting from exposure to cold or heat is processed differently by the body than pressure, pricks and scratches. Redheads are less sensitive to the latter, and more to the former."

My Mom, sister, and I are red-headed.  Both our families carry the gene.  My hair was a vivid burnt-orange when I was little, same as my Mom's.  Now it's becoming lighter and blonde.  My sister's hair is bright orange.    

Anecdotally I can confirm most of these pain sensitivity traits.  Funny story about requiring more anesthetic: My Mom had surgery to remove a disc in her lower back.  She remembers waking up during the operation and groggily asking the doctors if they needed any assistance.  They said "Oh my god...No, thank you."  Then she was out again.    

That was really funny; I had no idea...
Thanks for sharing the article.

But the MC1R gene attributed to pain-coping is also supposed to be more susceptible to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Lyssa on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cold Weasel

Cold Weasel

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:59 am

Lyssa wrote:
the MC1R gene attributed to pain-coping is also supposed to be more susceptible to cancer?

I think it's well-known that melanoma risk is high in redheads. Sunburns come easily and quickly. I've had two second-degree sunburns in my life which I REEEEALLY wish never happened. (Though I'm able to tan better than the real hardcore frecklemongers, if I prepare for it. Me and mine aren't especially freckly actually.)

But what you linked to says it's not dependent solely on ultraviolet radiation, which I wasn't aware of.

As for other characteristics, the lore surrounding redheads is easy to find. I've heard some girls in high school (when they speak more freely about such things than later) talk openly about being creeped out by redheaded kids.

The curly-haired freckle-faced freak is an archetypal figure in pop culture I'd say. Lots of people feel repulsed by it.

My little sister was affected negatively by that kind of thing in her childhood. (You know how girls are.) So there may be social factors producing psychological baggage that expresses itself in "bitchiness" or other traits attributed to redheaded women. Or, it could be more attributable to the pain-experience genes. Both/and.

Ever heard "I'ma slap you like a redheaded stepchild!"? That one always got to me. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Yes, it says UV-independent... maybe high pain thresholds and high stress being a cause for cancer are interlinked. Sorry.

But who knows.

Botticelli's Venus is depicted as a redhead... Wink

Back to top Go down
Cold Weasel

Cold Weasel

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:35 pm

In English traditions Judas, Lilith, and IIRC even the Devil, are said to have had red hair.

Quote :
"Judas (Was a Red-Headed Man)"

There were twelve bonfires burning in a field
Judas, Judas
There was one for Peter, there was one for John
Every disciple he had one
Judas, Judas
There was one for James who died by the sword
The biggest and the best was for our dear Lord
Burn, burn, Judas burn slow
Bright, bright, bright for our dear Lord's sake.
Burn slow for Judas
Judas was a red-headed man

There was one for Judas and it stood all alone
Judas, Judas
Down by the marish and it smoked away
Smoked all night and it smoked all day
Judas, Judas
'Twas a proper green smoke for all to see
But the fire burned sweet for our Lord on the Tree
Burn, burn, Judas burn slow
Bright, bright, bright for our dear Lord's sake
Burn slow for Judas
Judas was a red-headed man
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Last edited by Lyssa on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Cold Weasel wrote:
In English traditions Judas, Lilith, and IIRC even the Devil, are said to have had red hair.

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 4:28 am

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Some dry very generalized history.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What does it mean to be a true Greek? ...Irish? ...American?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3